The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 08:57 AM   #81
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Thanks Agan. That's fine wilwa!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #82
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
In the interest of creating maximum confusion, I will be a bookmaker.
Fantastic! My friend in NZ used to work on a programme to help problem gamblers which was funded by their Lottery.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #83
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I read the narrative. That Prince chap sounds like a real winner. I mean, his name is Philip. That's the first step to awesomeness right there- naming your kid after Lord Phantom.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #84
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I read the narrative. That Prince chap sounds like a real winner. I mean, his name is Philip. That's the first step to awesomeness right there- naming your kid after Lord Phantom.

Careful there, dear. If your head gets any bigger we'll have to change the theme of the game from fairy tales to nursery rhymes, and you'll have a big fall.

Incidentally I'm letting you all know ahead of time that now that I'm home from college my internet's a bit skittish. So if I do disappear that's why, but hopefully it won't be a problem. Oh, and the deadline's 8am my time and I am so not a morning person, so I'll be voting early. Shutting up now!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm soo unhappy not being able to take part in this one, but my days are basically on a minute schedual from now on to the end of the month and I would have no way of even reading through the thread every Day - not to talk of posting.

But I hope you all will have fun as this looks like a very entertaining game indeed both on grounds of the line-up and the setting of it.

All the best to everyone involved - and go village go! (my natural instinct... unless I'm a baddie. )
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #86
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Poor Nog, not being able to play.

We could lynch you in absentia if you like....
Old 05-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #87
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
We could lynch you in absentia if you like....
You should actually suggest that if none looked like lupine enough to you at the end of the Day1?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #88
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So I'm being horribly impulsive and tomorrow night leaving for London. Until Sunday.

Yup, going to sleep on Mira's floor.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #89
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
There's not much hope for a lot of participation from me tomorrow, due almost entirely to Lari's spontaneous decision to fly to Europe and her need for a ride to the airport.

I'll do my best, but if you don't see me, blame Lari.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #90
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Hahaha...no. I got Philip from the Disney movie Sleeping Beauty, because the Prince had no name in the original Grimm story.

But you go on and think what you like.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:19 PM   #91
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Yeah, but the Prince in Sleeping Beauty was named after me, so same thing.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #92
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I noticed some of you still aren't in invisible mode. If you havent spotted it already, just double check and make sure you are invisible.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #93
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Err ever heard of Fella belong Mrs Queen?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #94
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
*Nerwen crawls in to offer her usual apologies*

Sorry about missing the deadline yet again. Yes, I know this happens every Day One. I swear I don't do it on purpose... something always happens. It's a sort of... I don't know... karmic thing.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #95
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Yes...just in case again...unless I go to Mira's internet place and use it then I have like internet cafe tomorrow. And will not be there for Day beginning. Oh spontanious traveling.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #96
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*Sally drags herself in offering her semi-usual apologies*

Yeah, the internet's normally not this bad. Rubbish.

Anyway, I really am here (well, you know what I mean) so if I'm being sub-ish I promise you that it's not on purpose. I'll see how things go toMorrow, but again, my apologies for not being able to talk more yesterDay.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #97
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf

I'm staffing at the International Philosophy Olympiad on Saturday & Sunday which means my activity will be pretty limited on day 3.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 AM   #98
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Now look what the phantom's done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurcrist View Post
I thought this game was supposed to be a fun game for all to work together and figure out who the baddies are. Well, I'm not having any fun at all and so I quit.
This is all your fault, tp!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #99
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
This is all your fault, tp!
Oh, naturally. Which means, of course, if he's a baddie that I get all the credit for offing him. (Or if I'm a baddie and he's a goodie I also get all the credit for offing him.)

But he's exactly right in saying it's a game where you "work together and figure out who the baddies are". If you don't do those two things then it isn't much fun at all, so I'm not surprised he wasn't having fun.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #100
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Hey really, just give it a rest. There's no reason to make it any worse.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #101
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh dear.....

Well, you all scared away a new player. That's lovely. Now my game will be known as the "scary game".

Philip dear, I adore you, but can you please be nice?

I've PMed Gaur to confirm that he indeed wants to leave, so if he does then I'll include it in my mid-Night narration.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #102
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Alright, I've decided to make a bit more of a serious comment on this situation.

We all love playing these games, that's obvious, and we put work and time into it, and I think that results in us getting a little intense. I can totally understand how someone unfamiliar with how the game functions and how other Downers act could be intimidated. Most everyone playing this game have played with each other before and are therefore familiar with how everyone is and therefore don't, for the most part, get offended by anyone. But someone new could take this sort of thing a very different way and it could turn them off totally to the Downs. I don't want this to happen, especially as a result of my game. We should want new people to join and take part in everything we do here, and be patient with them until they have learned and become accustomed to all us crazy people. We don't want people to be scared of being a member here or feel like they aren't welcome.

I trust everyone will take this into consideration and keep it in mind for future reference. If anyone has any comments about what I said here please PM me about it. After this I'd like the whole thing to just be dropped. I've put a lot of work into this game, and am very proud of it, I don't want it to be tainted because of all of this. I want everyone to enjoy this and have fun please.

Thanks everyone.

Also, a reminder everyone of SPM's sticky a the top of the Mirth Forum here.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #103
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Gaurcirst has decided to stick around, thanks to some kindness from another player. Which is greatly appreciated.

I expect everyone to be nice. I honestly will not hesitate to use my Mod fire powers.

Everyone have fun please.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #104
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A very sleepy Greenie just emerged from the bedroom and asked me to post on this thread in her stead (because she forgot) - she won't be around toMorrow at all due to a sort of summer camp training weekend she's participating in. So, don't wonder if she's not around...

PS. I blackmailed Wilwa to tell me all the roles and now I'm having great fun following the game and knowing who's who... mwa ha ha.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #105
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I am insanely confused.

Also, Wilwa, not quite sure how your time relates to mine but if you're on the internet in the next 7 hours or so and have MSN please add me. Need to talk to you for a bit. I'll try to brave leaving Hunter on around the children and hope they dont' kill him.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #106
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just a warning that I'll be around even less than usual tomorrow. We're taking a day trip to Wales and are leaving quite early and will be getting back rather late. I'll try my hardest to make an appearance (at least) before deadline to attempt to make those who think I have a death wish change their minds.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #107
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok so I'm not sure if I'm going to be around at all tomorrow. Actually, as soon as I get to the hostel I'm staying at there is internet so I shall try to be on then. Really though, no promises as I might be really tired(to sleep on my cousin's floor tonight I promised I would be a tour guide of sorts).
Old 05-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #108
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

K, Sally I've added you. You should be able to catch me on now.

And yes, I can see why you'd be confused.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #109
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Due to sleep deprivation I am extending the deadline, so it will be one hour later then usual. So it's been 9am EST but now it will be 10am EST. And it will probably stay that way for the rest of the game.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #110
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I think I might love you a little right now.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #111
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Due to sleep deprivation I am extending the deadline, so it will be one hour later then usual. So it's been 9am EST but now it will be 10am EST. And it will probably stay that way for the rest of the game.
Yay!

The likelihood of me being awake before deadline just exponentially increased.

Speaking of- sorry I slept through deadline. My bad.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #112
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Yeah, I was sick of getting up at 8:30 every morning, I had only done that time in the first place because I will randomly get a 10:30 shift at work, but that isn't happening for the next few weeks. I new some people were in the same time zone as me (fea) or like one hour behind (sally, phantom), so I'd figure you guys would appreciate it too.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #113
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Rubbish, I died. Well, on the plus side I only ventured downtown to the library to check the thread, so....meh.

Enjoy yourselves, village!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #114
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Bah, I always get lynched when I'm asleep.

*mopes around in true I-told-you-so-fashion*\

In a game with a sum total of four worthless roles, I still manage to get one of them. No offense to Wilwa, but I think I'm cursed.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #115
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
In a game with a sum total of four worthless roles, I still manage to get one of them. No offense to Wilwa, but I think I'm cursed.
I believe I may be the ww player who can boast of the biggest track record of being an ordo... wanna join the club? Seriously though, although I like special roles, I have to say I enjoy ordoing very much too. In a way, it's best.

Oops the dead were not supposed to talk, right? Shasta, if you feel like ranting about the topic further, feel free to PM me so that we won't disturb the living more...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:43 AM   #116
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just to mention tomorrow I'm graduating. Like starting a half an hour after Day begins so I'm not sure how much I'll be around considering I have to move out and such.