Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #521
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Alli's too busy drunkenly dancing with Aimè to get Kirk involved (unless, of course, she began to drunkenly dance with him...). Besides, I'm too curious as to what TGWBS's got planned to mess with the war. I'd probably have a better idea if I'd ever read the Chronicles, but alas...

Can't wait to see what you guys cook up for the rest of this...
Old 02-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #522
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Besides, I'm too curious as to what TGWBS's got planned to mess with the war.
Heh. Me too. Kirk is leading to a convoluted side plot to keep Panakeia neutral while still participating in the battle. So no changes to the war should result.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:49 PM   #523
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I don't think I'll be able to post again before the RPG ends. So, Fea, take it!
Old 02-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #524
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll see what I can do, but my schedule's tighter than expected. If somebody else could finish up the war, I'd be grateful.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #525
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
I'll see what I can do, but my schedule's tighter than expected. If somebody else could finish up the war, I'd be grateful.
War finished. Fill in and and add as needed.

I love a happy ending.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #526
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Gracias.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #527
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
lmp what time are you planning on posting the finale? If possible could you make it after 4 because that way I'll be able to get a final post in. If not it's cool but if you can then thanks.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #528
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
lmp what time are you planning on posting the finale? If possible could you make it after 4 because that way I'll be able to get a final post in. If not it's cool but if you can then thanks.
You get a grace period of up until 6pm 2/10.

As to the battle and all, you guys had me on the edge of my seat! What a climax! I even came up with a way to save Anakron if needed. I don't need it now (phew!).

All I can say is, Wow! You guys, all seven of you, belong in the Shire. You writers, that is; your characters, that's another story.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:50 PM   #529
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Praise from the praise-worthy. Can't go to the Shire without our fearless leader...
Old 02-10-2006, 09:14 AM   #530
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Cheers lmp! Cheesiest last post ever now up. I can't believe I'm not going to find out how everything worked out for 4 days!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #531
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This afternoon (unfortunately I have to wait until after school), Shakespeare and I have a date, with Valde as our chaperone.

Sorry...I'm cutting it close, yet again. TGIF.

And I suppose that should really be Shakespeardil...
Old 02-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #532
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm dying to see the end... and not just because it means that I can finalize a beginning... All of these cryptic hints, Oh Impish One, are making me very curious. Is this revenge for all of those random questions I ask?
Old 02-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #533
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I'm dying to see the end... and not just because it means that I can finalize a beginning... All of these cryptic hints, Oh Impish One, are making me very curious. Is this revenge for all of those random questions I ask?
But of course, and for much much more... ... well, actually, no, I just enjoy being the evil Anakron.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #534
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Makes sense, since I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a huge kick out of throwing my equivilant of "interventions" at ATM2 players.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM   #535
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The psych eval is done. I'm leaving for a while. I'll be back later to see how things turned out.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #536
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

A broken heart.... poor dear, it explains so much.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #537
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
An hour and a half late...but completed. I hope it's alright. I think I got a bit carried away, especially for the last part....

Just as a note, I really have no idea if 'mineself' works... But I doubt Valde cares.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #538
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I know I promised to have the thing written today, but it's not going to happen. I have a lot a lot a lot to pull together. Tomorrow I'll post it up. Promise!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM   #539
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Thanks for your patience, everyone. I had originally expected to have all the closings written in one day, but am finding the process to be quite exacting. I hope you don't mind. That's four down and three to go, although one of them, Mardil's, looks like it may be taking a slightly different and unexpected turn (read: plot twist ).

After I've done the final awarding of points, I expect that each of you will wish to write an appropriate epilogue for your characters.

Cameo writers are welcome to write one closing post as well, if you wish.

.....but please wait until I've done the final points awarding, okay?

Anybody have any questions? Complaints? Corrections of errors on my part?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #540
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I love them all, LMP. My only question is this: may I have the final player post? It'll give a cleaner lead-in to ATM2. Unless you have other plans?
Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #541
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

For the purposes of the segué into ATM2, I cetainly can give you the final post. There may be much more that goes on, depending on how certain late plot twists play out....
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #542
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I see that. It's lucky I have Illamatar on my side or your twist may have left my plot-line in a bit of a lurch.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #543
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I don't think I'll make another post. Fea, you can place Aimé wherever you wish.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 AM   #544
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Will do.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:21 PM   #545
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Wow, what to do with Valde now? I cannot see a happy Valde... Hmm...perhaps wallowing in self-pity under loads of paper work, trying to fit in innumerable meetings and auditions, juggling plays and musicals, etc...perhaps that's more like it.

Thanks for giving Valde a home in Mordor, Elempi.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #546
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Thanks for giving Valde a home in Mordor, Elempi.
Blame Anakron. He did it.

...or...

You're welcome.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:31 PM   #547
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm on break this coming week. Not only will I be on dial-up, but I'll be on dial-up at a friend's house. Lucky for me, she understands my addiction, but I won't pretend I'll have as much certainty of access as I do here.

Therefore, in case I disappear mysteriously, that's what's up. I'm pretty sure I'll be around... but just in case, I thought I'd warn y'all.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 PM   #548
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fea, I don't know if you'll be bringing Lundun/the Underground back in AtM2, but it might be worth it just because of this nifty anagramed Underground map.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #549
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I have no specific plans for its use, but individual players may wish to use it in order to complete their tasks. It will be entirely up to them.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #550
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Fea, I don't know if you'll be bringing Lundun/the Underground back in AtM2, but it might be worth it just because of this nifty anagramed Underground map.
Shoot! I wish I had found this for ATM1! That is too cool!

Um, er, since I'm writing, just thought I ought to say 'Don't worry Celuien, I haven't forgotten about you! I'll write up yours tonight, and then we'll work on Mardil's.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #551
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

There. Panakeia's fate written. So Anakron gets to have his little fun .... as it were...

And now for Mardil, from whose writer I await a PM regarding a certain dialogue post....
Old 02-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #552
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

My pm will come soon.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 AM   #553
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
There. Panakeia's fate written. So Anakron gets to have his little fun .... as it were...
It's a good thing I already finished my coffee or it would have ended up on the computer screen from uncontrollable laughter. Who'd of thought this would come from Anakron?

My recovering charlatan has some decisions to make...
Old 02-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #554
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
It's a good thing I already finished my coffee or it would have ended up on the computer screen from uncontrollable laughter. Who'd of thought this would come from Anakron?
Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
My recovering charlatan has some decisions to make...
Indeed. Hmmm.... how to milk this for all it's worth.....?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #555
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, the "Mardil's fate......?" post is up. Obviously, we have a "coda" here. Feanor, please rest assured that I'm not messing with your plans. Your Alli character did ask about "the third werewolf", right? Well, now you have him.

Anyway, any of you may feel free to write into this. There is a relatively clean solution to Mardil's current situation. Can you figure it out? Or do you want me to tell you?

Mardil as werewolf has lost his reason due to the wizards' spell, and is heading in whatever direction the next writer takes him. Any questions?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #556
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Look, Eomer, we have a fourth werewolf! How terrifying. You see, LMP, I already have a third. You never did manage to guess him. He's being played by Anguirel in ATM2, in case you're curious.

Questions: Are we now allowed to write our responses? Will Mardil's wolvery cease once he leaves Mordor, as was planned?

As for that solution... Sai could steal his...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #557
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Look, Eomer, we have a fourth werewolf! How terrifying. You see, LMP, I already have a third. You never did manage to guess him. He's being played by Anguirel in ATM2, in case you're curious.
I see.

Quote:
Are we now allowed to write our responses?
Yes.

Quote:
Will Mardil's wolvery cease once he leaves Mordor, as was planned?
The Blue Istari won't let him get out of Mordor, not as long as he's a werewolf.

Quote:
You could give it a try...... but .....
Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #558
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Well then we certainly must un-wolf him. I'd hate to resort to obtuse acts of deau ex machina in order to make sure my ruler of Gondor is in place.

So how, my dears, shall we fix Mardil? Has Severus Snape been Assigned? I could go assign him... have him whip up a potion. Surely medications have been Assigned? I know I've Assigned swallowing pills without water. We could fix him up that way... Or there could be a cheesy and romantic kiss of true love that solves all problems? Just because Alli and Aimè are like *this* doesn't mean Alli isn't still pretty crazy about Mardil.

What do y'all think will work?
Old 02-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #559
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Sai's writer would have to think up one hell of a euphemism!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:02 PM   #560
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Don't even think about it. No one messes with my, er, Mardil's, Kingly behind. It's one of his best attributes!
Quote:
Or there could be a cheesy and romantic kiss of true love that solves all problems? Just because Alli and Aimè are like *this* doesn't mean Alli isn't still pretty crazy about Mardil.
Ah, but would a Mardil-Alli kiss qualify for a "true love" kiss? I think not. More like a confused hormones kiss or something like that. I don't think that would cut it.

Now, what would happen if Alli lures Mardil someplace and Eomer shoots him with a crossbow, killing him? Any thoughts?