The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Neithan Tol Turambar

censorship

The idea that conflict and heated exchange has no place here is very discouraging. Those who are the most passionate in regard to Tolkien will of course be the ones to respond with passion, and personally, whether positively or negatively. I find the threads that are filled with debate and conflict are the best. I love it when someone takes it personally and responds with zeal. Yeah. That's the best. If I have to play musical chairs with nine people including myself, and nine chairs, and we're all winners! Hoo-Ray! I THINK THAT SUCKS AND IS BORING. Thanks but no thanks.

What else is a forum for?
To engage
To challenge
to debate
To fellowship
To rejoice together
To celebrate
To do battle

If I cannot throw a little negitive into the mix to spice things up then see ya.
If someone gets their feelings hurt or feels threatened, I'd say, "OH,PLEASE!!!"
And now I'm gonna kick back and see if you censor this, or if you kick me off. I showed that I could compromise by editing and rewording my post and specifying that I meant no offense.
I really want to hear from others how they feel, and if the vote is against me, I'll leave you guys alone and sorry for the trouble!
I love the site though. What fun!

Last edited by Neithan Tol Turambar; 04-08-2007 at 11:56 AM. Reason: fair enough, thanks!