The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #2121
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles on fire

Speaking of Fire, I would love to read the page on fire...as long as someone else was holding it.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:17 AM   #2122
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Wonderful. If I took a flamethrower to my food in a restaurant, would I get thrown out?
It depends if you were using it in a culinary way or not. The chef wouldn't like it if you were. You'd be moving in on his turf, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morai
Speaking of Fire, I would love to read the page on fire...as long as someone else was holding it.
That happens also to be the page that the Newspaper puzzle answers are on. So you have to do them quick!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #2123
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up Nice slacks, mysterious man...

Well, with trousers like the man's in the article, you better make exceptions... Those trousers have earned a spot in their own wardrobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookbill
You'd be moving in on his turf, so to speak.
Where I used to work, you'd probably end up with his job anyways. So go ahead, is my advice.
Just don't light the poor server on fire too. We seriously don't taste as well as Gordon Ramsay would have you think.

~I prefer Marco White in a Flambé Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #2124
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
It depends if you were using it in a culinary way or not. The chef wouldn't like it if you were. You'd be moving in on his turf, so to speak.
Not if I was the chef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Where I used to work, you'd probably end up with his job anyways. So go ahead, is my advice.
Just don't light the poor server on fire too. We seriously don't taste as well as Gordon Ramsay would have you think.

~I prefer Marco White in a Flambé Ka
Only if the server were my little brother, then I would have to light him on fire (he is throwing things on the keyboard right now). I wasn't aware that Gordon Ramsay thought that servers taste good. He's kind of annoying anyway. I'll just have him light on fire.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:49 AM   #2125
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

After telling the story, Collins finds out that Peter hasn't been listening...

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Come back on Monday to see how the Soap Pope reacts to Formy's lack of a church.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:25 AM   #2126
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
At last a comment on topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisbulpin View Post
Ya it will be great if they both get active on this forum... and share their exp. with gaming...
Soap Pope and Form? Sure Or Peter Hampton and Miss Collins? Definitely. (I love Metris blocks getting in Stack-Man's way, though Lovely!!!!!)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #2127
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Killed his mother?? Hope it goes back to explain that!!! More flashbacks!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #2128
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Maybe she just accidentally sat on her... [/spoilers ]
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #2129
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
It will be addressed, but not in flashback, I'm afraid. Just so you know, though, that particular part of his back story will get more complex before it gets simpler... um...

I did notice, however, that a lot of Phantom's history and reasons for being how he is is explained while NOTHING is explained about Alien. This is probably for the best. We don't want to encourage anyone now, do we?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #2130
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
I did notice, however, that a lot of Phantom's history and reasons for being how he is is explained while NOTHING is explained about Alien. This is probably for the best. We don't want to encourage anyone now, do we?
That's because unbeknownst to the general Downs population, Alien is actually a reflection of you, Hookbill.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #2131
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
No doubt Miss Collins just let her drown in all of that Notes juice that seems to be filling up the place! That stuff is probably responsible for the deaths of hundreds of former employees.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #2132
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

The Downer, always reporting the facts straight to your face. Are they true facts? You decide!

Now Alien and Formy face some Soapy wrath!

Oh dear! You have to expect that sort of thing if you hand around Alien for too long.

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

It's all about to reach a pivotal point in the story. Things are heading towards the firs big climax of this series and there will be more to come. So... Keep on the look out for more Phailian!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:47 PM   #2133
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

There goes the Old Woman of the Sea look! What look could be next in the exclusive Alien fashion line I wonder?

And Squatter's been bin stealing? Really! Young criminals these days, they have no shame! But this does explain the disappearance of the rubbish bin at work today, I was beginning to think Alien had tried to add it to his personal collection again - it's a very valuable specimen after all.

So as you can see, your newspaper (aside from being 100% TRUTH!) is an irreplaceable part of the Barrow-Downs. Where would we be without it? Probably ignorant about the virtues of the great and holy rubbish bin and definitely very bored. Just thought I'd thank you for all your industrious reporting, we love it!
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #2134
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I love how the Soap Pope bleeds pink...and bubbly.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #2135
hcm2009

Quote:
That's because unbeknownst to the general Downs population, Alien is actually a reflection of you, Hookbill.
Hi all!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 10-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #2136
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Wow. Being quoted by a spammer, that must mean that it was either a really bad post, or I am a really bad poster. Or both!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #2137
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Knives and forks will never replace pie fights.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #2138
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Knives and forks will never replace pie fights.
Flinging pies into someone else's face really is the only way for a gentleman to eat them. It's right there in the big book of etiquette.
You also have to roll around in custard afterwards. It's polite.

By the way, P&A fans, the Soap Pope's name is actually going to be revealed in an upcoming episode. Even though he's dead... Yes...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #2139
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
By the way, P&A fans, the Soap Pope's name is actually going to be revealed in an upcoming episode. Even though he's dead... Yes...
I wish to register a personal complaint regarding the 'Soap Pope'. Once I read that name, it gets into my head and refuses to leave for several hours.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #2140
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Meep! I completely forgot to upload today / yesterday's Phantom and Alien! And how could I, considering it contains a cameo from everyone's favourite Karl Marx look-a-like, Rune...

On Monday Peter takes things a little too far with Miss Collins. This can only mean trouble of a very odd sort, as is often the case in the world of Phalian...
Old 10-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #2141
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

John Fillis looks so healthy.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #2142
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

News gives us all a good feeling. Doesn't it? No? Oh well...

Peter is tired of listening to Colins...

Oh dear! Where will this lead? The swamp, probably...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

It's all getting out of hand! Come back on Thursday to find out the Soap Pope's name when we visit... THE BATHICAN!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #2143
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I'm panicking!

PANIC, PANIC, PANIC, PANIC!!!!
Okay, I'm done with that now.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #2144
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Counter Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downer, Issue #167
World's Tallest Mountain Retires
The Ministery of Geology denies this. According to high-placed sources, Mr William Everest (affectionately called 'Billy' by his friends) and his charming wife Ethel, née Tree, are merely going on a long-deserved holiday and are expected back in a few million years. Their representatives, Messrs Zappa, Volman & Kaylan, are quoted as confirming that the couple's global sightseeing tour will include a visit to New York. Metropolitan authorities have commenced work on planning how to provide accomodation for Mr and Mrs Everest without endangering public safety. Given that the lofty guests' arrival in NYC isn't expected within the next 500 millennia, they should have ample time for taking appropriate steps, so there's no need for the population to panic quite yet.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #2145
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downer
Ministry of Truth Declares to works of The Saucepan Man to be False
... and, as I have consistently maintained throughout my works, the Ministry of Truth is always correct.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #2146
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
... and, as I have consistently maintained throughout my works, the Ministry of Truth is always correct.
AAAAAAAGHHHH!!! *brain explodes*

Thank you, Saucepan Man. I hope you're happy.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #2147
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I like that the caption under the photo is the same as last week, it just shows how diverse a person Squatter is.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #2148
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I like that the caption under the photo is the same as last week, it just shows how diverse a person Squatter is.
Poop. Forgot about that. Oh well, it's still appropriate.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #2149
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So that's what it looks like to stare into into nothingness...

Quote:
Poop. Forgot about that. Oh well, it's still appropriate.
Oh, I thought you left it there for good effect. In context, it's actually one of the funniest things (well, one of many).
Old 11-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #2150
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

To make up for last Thursday's late, late appearecne, I'm posting this as close to ON TIME as I can.

Now, you Finish Downers might have a vested interest in the next episode. A special appearance from a familiar Downer will be making a SHOCK cameo. Will he / she be annoyed by Pete? Will he have him / her thrown out of a window? Well, he is that kind of guy.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 11-04-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #2151
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Cardinal Mardinal was so mean, he finally got what was coming to him.

Davem. So he died first?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #2152
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh he's not done with yet, I assure you.
Do you think Formy will make a good Pope? I think he would! Although, I'm not sure if he'll appreciate having soap running down his face... But you never know, he might be into that...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #2153
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh Hooky, this was wonderful, really made my day. Just didn't realise the Soap Pope was supposed to be Davem, must have missed that...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #2154
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh Hooky, this was wonderful, really made my day. Just didn't realise the Soap Pope was supposed to be Davem, must have missed that...
Um, if I'm honest, I only decided that when writing this episode.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #2155
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Quote:
Ha, I'm wondering then if it means that he is going to stay around or just reappear in some altered form... Hmm, I wonder if it was possible that some of the characters we know from elsewhere has something to do with him? *thinks of typical antagonists of the likes of General Crock-Face, who is still my fav*

Quote:
Um, if I'm honest, I only decided that when writing this episode.
Haha. But pretty cool anyway!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #2156
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Do you think Formy will make a good Pope? I think he would! Although, I'm not sure if he'll appreciate having soap running down his face... But you never know, he might be into that...
Oh brilliant! I can't wait to see what he does when he comes back. Does Cardinal Mardinal come back dead?

And Formy would make a fantastic Pope! With the soap, of course.

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, loved the Bathican!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #2157
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
And Formy would make a fantastic Pope! With the soap, of course.
Soap! But that would imply that Formy occasionally bathes or showers--or at least rinses a little! What preposterous nonsense! I know all there is to know about Formy and more, and I assure y---

Erm, I mean...

Even if we're merely discussing comic alter egos, I feel entirely inadequate to succeed the great Davem, and honoured to considered for the position.

We need a soapy smiley. A soapey.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #2158
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Getting tired of not knowing what's going on? Well, we at the Downer are too. We may fix that one day. But for now...

And now the adventure continues with a special appearance from everyone's favourite Penguin...

Formy and Alien will be back with us on Thursday, so be on the look out for them! Find out where they are heading next on their adventures! It could be somewhere nice... But it probably isn't.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #2159
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Haha, love how much that actually looks like Lommy.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #2160
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

It indeed does I assumed it was her when I saw the Guard on the "promo-pic" (but then I think more people did).