The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #1681
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Wow, after reading the P&A before this last one I noticed for the first time that Phantom has green hands! That gives some validity to the theory that they have the same father.
No it doesn't.

You'll see Alien's Father in Volume 3. And we've already seen Phantom's grandfather back in Volume 1. I don't know if I'll bring him back. He will be named in the next volume, though. Just so you know. There'll be a portrait of him in the background of a random episode.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #1682
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
You'll see Alien's Father in Volume 3. And we've already seen Phantom's grandfather back in Volume 1. I don't know if I'll bring him back. He will be named in the next volume, though. Just so you know. There'll be a portrait of him in the background of a random episode.
Oh come on, don't underestimate us devout fans. We will certainly spot it even without you bringing our attention to it! (Though it's cool! )

And the plot of this one really seems to culminate
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #1683
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oooh, great episode Hookbill!

Quote:
Haven't we also seen Phantom's nephew? (or am I just imagining things )
Old 04-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #1684
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Haven't we also seen Phantom's nephew? (or am I just imagining things )
Yep. Looks like I'll have to make a family reunion episode.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #1685
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Yep. Looks like I'll have to make a family reunion episode.
Oh, and don't forget his (probably blind by now) younger brother.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #1686
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Oh, and don't forget his (probably blind by now) younger brother.
You mean Dantom? (aka Bullseye? )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #1687
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Title #564

I like the volume 3 icons. Alien looks so cute!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #1688
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Woo! It's news time! And this time, it's impersonal.

The adventure draws ever closer to its epic conclusion. Who will live? Who will die? Who will The Phantom kill? Everyone? Probably.

Take this opportunity to look through the Comic Archive. Who knows what clues it holds?

I hope you're all enjoying Volume 2. I can promise you that Volume 3 will be even better.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #1689
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Who knew that about Guinevere?
I'll have to watch my step on P of F from now on
Old 04-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #1690
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
To the so-called Editor:

I must again vehemently protest your staff's annoying lack of mentioning me in your inane paper. It has been several issues now, and I have not been linked to iceberg lettuce sinking shrimp boats, cows that lack udder sense, or Scotland Yard's dandelion problems. How can I adequately complain about the infuriatingly nonsenical manner in which you portray yourself as a purported print purveyor, providing puerile press for the pathetic public, if I can't get worked up about anything? Your lack of providing me with a reason to attack you is preposterous! In fact, the provocative manner in which you are not attacking me is in itself a provocation. Stop it this instant!

Yours affectionately,
Morthoron
Dark Elf of Note
Old 04-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #1691
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
That's not to mention the giant, mad sandwich monster sat in the Withywindle flailing its tentacles around in the air for no reason.
Dear me. Where was I during all of this? I always seem to miss the weekly destruction of the Barrow-Downs. I really ought to give Tom Bombadil a break from his daily harassment for a while and pay more attention to the local news.

Oh yes, and I was also wondering if you were looking for any article submissions Hookbill; the most extraordinary things happened over at TGEW's barrow the other night. I think they would make for a good article.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:44 AM   #1692
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Oh yes, and I was also wondering if you were looking for any article submissions Hookbill; the most extraordinary things happened over at TGEW's barrow the other night. I think they would make for a good article.
I'm always open to submissions. They make me so happy!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:01 AM   #1693
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Excellent! When would you like it in by?
Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 AM   #1694
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Excellent! When would you like it in by?
Well, because I'm going to be quite busy this weekend, I'll probably be making the paper on Friday (As opposed to the Sunday night, which is when I usually throw it together. ), so any time before then.

By the way, I hope you people doing the P&A guest comics are coming along nicely. Not long to go now. Volume 2 will be done in about two weeks. Episode 100 has a really big cliffhanger!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:32 AM   #1695
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I love Death - he makes me want to start typing in all caps.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #1696
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Dear me. Where was I during all of this? I always seem to miss the weekly destruction of the Barrow-Downs. I really ought to give Tom Bombadil a break from his daily harassment for a while and pay more attention to the local news.

Yes, you should stop, ever since Tom Bombadil first came to your house, things have really gotten out of hand. Coming through a rift in time and space can be tiring work, you know.

Extraordinary things happened at my barrow? What about the things that happened at your barrow?
Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #1697
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well, there are only FOUR episodes left! Pretty soon we'll reach the end of The Phantom and Alien Volume 2. What surprises are still in store? Will The Phantom get out of this situation? Let's see, shall we?

Catch up on the previous episodes;
HERE!

It's been a lot of fun, this season. I hope you've all enjoyed it.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #1698
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

About today's installment of Phantom and Alien!

I love lal's expression at the end of this!

I just noticed how obsessed I am.. Last night I was discussing Phantom and Alien with my little brother, I decided that he is not a hard core fan because he doesn't know who Fungoltch und Schmirt are.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #1699
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
I decided that he is not a hard core fan because he doesn't know who Fungoltch und Schmirt are.
I don't think Fungoltch und Schmirt know who Fungoltch und Schmirt are.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #1700
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
I don't think Fungoltch und Schmirt know who Fungoltch und Schmirt are.
That's funny. Anyway, I mentioned them and he said "Who?" Although my brother has created a Phantom and Alien fan club, he should learn how to read, then he could read more of them. His favourite is the one with the "Cat teleporter".
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #1701
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
That's funny. Anyway, I mentioned them and he said "Who?" Although my brother has created a Phantom and Alien fan club, he should learn how to read, then he could read more of them. His favourite is the one with the "Cat teleporter".
Your little brother may have a P&A fan club; but does he have Volume 3 artwork as his desktop?

Anyway, I like the latest Phantom and Alien. The suspense is killing me . . . for the third time.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #1702
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Title #987

This latest episode is probably my favorite this season, though I have a lot of favorites this season.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #1703
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well, it's Friday... So, before I go to sleep, here's the next episode of Phantom and Alien!

Gosh! What will happen next? Is Alien still alive? What is Death up to? Will we find out?

Check back in the ARCHIVE for possible clues...

This time next week will be the finale. I hope you're all looking forward to it! Just a reminder, though, after episode 100 there will be the special three-part Phanston and Ailsbry: Private Detectives story, followed by three guest comics.

Fun times ahead!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #1704
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Is Alien still alive?
Of course he is! Phantom put a chainsaw through him AND blew him up and he survived.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #1705
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

It's been a long and tiring day of excitement for me and I'm going to have to go to sleep in a few minutes otherwise I'll fall onto my keybg6gybhyv;;'.//...

thanks to Formendacil for the second story! It's cool. It was completely unintentional that there were TWO stories about The Phantom this week. I don't know how it happened...

As Volume 2 wraps up, we head into the scary domain of the set up for the next adventure!

I love obscure references to old episodes. See if you can find out which one...
IN THE... Comic Archive!! Yay!!

Next week sees the start of Phanston and Ailsbry, Private Detectives!!

I hope those guest comics are coming along nicely.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #1706
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

I approve of "Elusive Cure found Hiding in Wine Cellar." Particularly the picture. But I was wondering about my article; was it unworthy of publication? I sent it in at about 9:30 pm UK time on Friday. I hope it was not too late.

Other comments:
Mayonnaise! Hooray! I love Morsul, too bad we can't his tiny legs in this one.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 05-03-2009 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Mayonnaise!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:43 PM   #1707
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
I approve of "Elusive Cure found Hiding in Wine Cellar." Particularly the picture. But I was wondering about my article; was it unworthy of publication? I sent it in at about 9:30 pm UK time on Friday. I hope it was not too late.

Other comments:
Mayonnaise! Hooray! I love Morsul, too bad we can't his tiny legs in thins one.
Your article is fine! It's really good, actually. It's just Formy got there before you. Yours will be in next week, though.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #1708
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Random Titles like morsels of mayo

Aw...I missed Morsul. Yay for evil mayo. Or is mayo evil just for the sake of being mayo?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #1709
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I hope those guest comics are coming along nicely.
Ermmmmmm, yeah...me too...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 AM   #1710
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morai View Post
Aw...I missed Morsul. Yay for evil mayo. Or is mayo evil just for the sake of being mayo?
No, it is because it's low fat

Hey, fantastic! How nice

And indeed, questions like "Is Alien still alive? What is Death up to? Will we find out?" are of course hovering over the grand final scene of this volume.

But for now, looking forward to Phanston and Ailsbry... I especially like Ailsbry
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #1711
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Yay! The return of the mayonnaise!!! I loved that one!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #1712
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am Back mwahahahahaha....
Old 05-06-2009, 03:32 AM   #1713
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I am Back mwahahahahaha....
Not again! (By the way, Morsul will be making a little cameo in volume three. It's a good one as well).

Right, it's time for THE PENULTIMATE EPISODE OF VOLUME 2!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED AND UNANSWERABLE! What on earth is The Phantom going to do next. Let's find out, shall we...

Catch up on the:
PREVIOUS EPISODES!

Well, this story wraps up with THE LONGEST P&A COMIC EVER on Friday. It's been a fun ride and I'm really looking forward to getting your feedback on it. Volume 3 is coming along nicely and I hope you don't mind the change of artist. It's for the best and it looks amazing. (There's even a clip of BABY ALIEN in the background).

On Monday, it's time for those intrepid detectives, Phanston and Ailsbry, to wow us with their deductive (and destructive) skills.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #1714
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, Hookbill. You never fail to amaze.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #1715
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Oh, Hookbill. You never fail to amaze.
I'll try to fail next time, I assure you.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #1716
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I'll try to fail next time, I assure you.

Heh. That's our boy.

Incidentally, I love the mayonnaise. Made me chuckle.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #1717
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Heh. That's our boy.

Incidentally, I love the mayonnaise. Made me chuckle.
Speaking of Mayonnaise, did anyone think of THIS episode while reading today's? What could it all mean?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #1718
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Speaking of Mayonnaise, did anyone think of THIS episode while reading today's? What could it all mean?
Yes, I did!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #1719
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I really enjoy the drawing of the last three frames - especially the mayo splatting in Alien's face and the phantom's throwing motion, well done.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #1720
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Do not underestimate us! It IS quite curious...