Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #1881
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
My apologies, Harad and Umbar, for my slights against your rulers.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #1882
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So I don't know if rascal is something she would know to call someone so if it glaringly non-period please let me know. Now I can't wait for Javan's reply. I'm having a blast in case anyone was wondering.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #1883
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh nos! An insult to parentage!

Hehe!

We're such naughty children writing so much havoc. It's awesome.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #1884
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Fun!

Just let me know when you're ready... but no hurry. As long as there is a host of posting we will stay with the current situation (so do not be afraid to go meet someone else's character or anything).

I'll try to write the speech of lord Athanar tomorrow (if I have time) but can send it - and all that surrounds it - on any day then, like in a few days, the next weekend... So go for the posting meanwhile! It's looking very good indeed.

Also, let's discuss the plans of the hall more tomorrow. I've had Legate, Lommy and Greenie around here for the evening and now as they sleep I have played werewolf...

But I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #1885
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Legate - I took a little liberty in moving things forward (assuming Hilderinc just gathered up the men from nearby) and by not having Įforględ fall in line with the other soldiers. The reasons behind this are up to you because Hilderinc is sort of involved. So of course, let me know if what I did is alright - if not, I will be more than happy to edit.

I figure it might be interesting to have a missing man for a little, whether or not he is purposefully avoiding things. If no one knows where Įforględ is, Coen will try not to put a hold on everything to find him.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #1886
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
So I don't know if rascal is something she would know to call someone so if it glaringly non-period please let me know. Now I can't wait for Javan's reply. I'm having a blast in case anyone was wondering.
I think rascal is fine. But forgive me if I seem prudish or something, but I've noted a few writers inserting the swear-word 'bloody' in some recent posts. That's fine if tempers are running high, and since I'm not really leading this game, my word doesn't carry any weight, but I would personally like to see less/no swearing except on the rarest occasion.

I will write Javan's post now. I'm at my Aunt's house on her computer, so I don't know where to find a word processor (I'm on an Apple computer....) so my post may have some typing mistakes.

Nienna, I'm progressing this fight, I hope you don't mind. If you want more say in what happens, go ahead and post and I can alter what I end up posting in just a few minutes...

-- Foley
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #1887
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Posted!!!

And Fea, I was going to post for Saeryn, too, but everyone is ready to leave now and I must go. I will post when I get home....this afternoon. I promise it will be up later today. I LOVE this! So many different emotions for my characters!

-- Folwren
Old 11-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #1888
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I shall amuse myself by alchemy-ing Nienna's holiday gift into its golden state. No rush, Foley.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #1889
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Legate - I took a little liberty in moving things forward (assuming Hilderinc just gathered up the men from nearby) and by not having Įforględ fall in line with the other soldiers. The reasons behind this are up to you because Hilderinc is sort of involved. So of course, let me know if what I did is alright - if not, I will be more than happy to edit.

I figure it might be interesting to have a missing man for a little, whether or not he is purposefully avoiding things. If no one knows where Įforględ is, Coen will try not to put a hold on everything to find him.
Good, looks fine to me. I will try to think of a post and write something now in the following few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
But forgive me if I seem prudish or something, but I've noted a few writers inserting the swear-word 'bloody' in some recent posts. That's fine if tempers are running high, and since I'm not really leading this game, my word doesn't carry any weight, but I would personally like to see less/no swearing except on the rarest occasion.
One of them would have been me - and in that case, the intention was to sort of make it go with Įforględ's character, him being suddenly startled by Coen's approach and being probably close to this "earth-bred soldier"-type. I wanted to use some word which would sound plausible (the other variant was something like "damned", but this one sounded better to me and far more appropriate). I think the likes of Įforględ or the other infamous Scyrr could be somewhat close to this type and thus also their speech, when they are only among themselves (and not for example speaking to their leader), could reflect that (of course not always by any means, but in emotional moments like this).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #1890
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Foley, thanks for moving the fight along. I post something a bit later. I also edited and Javan is now a vile rascal. Is that ok?
Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #1891
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Posted! Dury, I have suggested in my post that Coen also spotted the children's fight, so now he'd have several things for him to react to now But of course, if you don't want him to notice it, I can edit my post.

As for the location of our missing soldier, of course he can be anywhere, but when I was sort of thinking of what could have happened to him, one logical place would be the kitchen. Especially after what I made him say in my former post, perhaps after washing his face a bit, he decided to get out of sight and the kitchen seemed a good enough place. That would also give opportunity to people from the kitchen to post their interaction or reaction when a random soldier enters the kitchen (possibly sort of looking around, perhaps asking when the meal's going to be ready, and eventually trying if he cannot get some small piece of leftover food from the cooks?), and it could also give Hilderinc the possibility to interact with them if Coen sends him to find Įforględ, and it could also give some Erbrand chance to be jealous or whatever (and thus make poor Įforględ an official beating dummy?). Simply, there is just quite a lot of potential in that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #1892
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I just love this! What a mess!

This is really going to be interesting - well it is already...

I'll write something tomorrow. If anyone wishes to mark lord Athanar walking back to the Hall feel free to take advantage of that...
Old 11-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #1893
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
On the cursing question, technically the debate boils down to no cursing or even fake-cursing is allowed in posts per the Barrow-Wight's rules (though I have been guilty of it in the past).

But anyways - thanks for going along with it Legate, and thank you for bringing to fight to my as well as Coen's attention! There is a lot going on to keep up with, for me... And the kitchens sound like a good possibility hehe. I feel like we're turning this Įforględ into a real character, and he may need a bio soon (he's just a NPC with a name, right?)!

I have a response ready (Coen is going to get involved, most likely even if someone else steps in first), but want to give Nienna a chance to post before the situation gets hijacked at all. Also, just say the word if there's a problem with Coen getting involved - he just feels he needs to protect Athanar's family and keep an eye on just about everyone.

Last edited by Durelin; 11-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #1894
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I have a response ready (Coen is going to get involved, most likely even if someone else steps in first), but want to give Nienna a chance to post before the situation gets hijacked at all. Also, just say the word if there's a problem with Coen getting involved - he just feels he needs to protect Athanar's family and keep an eye on just about everyone.
Nope, that's great. When I originally imagined this scene, the kids were not in the courtyard, but as soon as I realized that a lot of Athanar's men were there, I KNEW someone would get involved almost immediately. In my original draft with Thornden, I had not yet read your post, Dury, about the men falling into formation, so I had some random soldier break it up and then Thornden walk up. As you can see, I altered that. So it'll be perfect for Coen to step in.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #1895
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think we are ready for some intervention.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #1896
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Poor frustrated Degas! And poor Saeryn!

Nogrod, are you keeping up with this? Are we imagining Athanar wrong, or something? It really amuses me how different people view different characters in RPGs...especially the disparity between the writer's view of their character and other reader's view of a same character.

Fea, I'm going to bed now, but I'll see about getting up early tomorrow so I can post before going to work.

-- Folwren
Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #1897
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
What's the plan with AEdre? Mummy and Daddy are not going to be terribly pleased when they learn her pretty face has been marred... (Though she totally had it coming! Nog, this is ALL your fault!)
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #1898
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne
What's the plan with AEdre? Mummy and Daddy are not going to be terribly pleased when they learn her pretty face has been marred... (Though she totally had it coming! Nog, this is ALL your fault!)
I almost think that her parents won't really agree that 'she totally had it coming'. I don't know what the plan is. I leave that up to the grown up character players... You and Nogrod, namely. And maybe Durelin, if Captain Coenred wishes to decide without consulting anybody.

I have posted for Saeryn and gotten them headed back in the general direction of the Mead Hall...however, Saeryn has opened the can of worms again, maybe, so it could be a little while before Fea and I actually get back....or it might not. It depends on how Fea responds and then if I respond again, or if we just ride in. I dunno. We'll find out.

In the mean time, I'm anxious to find out what's happening with Javan, Aedre, and Coen in the courtyard...

Oh, and for Legate and any other players who have character stuck in formation in the courtyard - just have Thornden take them where they're supposed to go and unpack their stuff. I didn't write anything for Thornden yesterday because I thought it'd be too boring to put down on paper and I could leave it to anybody who wanted to move.

-- Foley
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 AM   #1899
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I almost think that her parents won't really agree that 'she totally had it coming'.
Probably not, lol! I just wanted to know if anyone else was going to bring the scuffle to their attention...
Old 11-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #1900
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Probably not, lol! I just wanted to know if anyone else was going to bring the scuffle to their attention...
Well...I noted that Nogrod said that soon Athanar will be riding into the courtyard.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #1901
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm...I'm kind of shy about bringing Saeryn and Degas back to the Mead Hall. I don't think they'd be back quite yet in concerns to Javan, Aedre, and all that stuff. That's mainly why I haven't posted again today. I'm currently waiting on Durelin or Nogrod or Nienna to continue there in the courtyard.

-- Foley
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #1902
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Heh. Lord Athanar would not be "riding" to the court-yard, but walking back from the scar where he has been looking over the surrounding areas and the Mead Hall settlement by foot... just to adjust himself to where he has been sent into.

But sorry. I was actually playing werewolf all the evening I had to spare as it was quite deciding day we had there... but tomorrow there will be a Night-phase and I can then post something without any responsibilities that way...

But lord Athanar will be walking down the cliffs and back to the MH so let's see if the things are settled / quieted down or not as he comes by tomorrow (RL)...

Anyone: do post things forwards before that. No need to wait for anything!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #1903
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If no one else does before tomorrow (I don't have time today) I can have Lilige go out on some errand and find Aedre. She can then take her to Wynflaed...will that work?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #1904
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That's what I was somewhat considering briefly (and what made me refrain from posting), but I also thought it might be good for someone else to march AEdre in, say, just as Lilige's about to leave. I'm not entirely sure how the timing of both plots lines up.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #1905
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Maybe a time to introduce Rowenna back to the game?
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #1906
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Maybe a time to introduce Rowenna back to the game?
Brilliant idea. I've been looking forward to her.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #1907
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Hmmm...why in such a rush? I'd say Nienna should get a chance to post, and I'm more than happy to post again for the current situation. Obviously moving things along is great, but I do hope no one's expecting posts from everyone everyday, or they won't be waited for...

Maybe it's just what I'm used to, but I know it always is a little upsetting when all of a sudden something I was involved in is completely hijacked before I had a chance to respond (not that I'm saying that's what people are consciously trying to do). I don't mind someone stepping in other than Coen, particularly since my time for posting is kinda limited right now anyway, but...I just feel like people have kinda been going a little crazy about keeping things moving and being involved and posting at every possible opportunity (including forcing opportunities), putting the cooperativeness of RPing at risk. Don't get me wrong, the energy of things right now is great.

Related to that, I've noticed a few instances of people using other people's characters (moving them, giving them dialogue, suggesting how they react). I don't know if it's all been pre-arranged between players...but it really should be. I know especially in the earlier days of RPing here, it happened a lot, but that's not really RPing... I don't know, obviously it's up to the individuals.

Sorry to be annoying, just wanted to toss all that out there. Hope I don't come across nastily. Just voicing concerns, which may not be concerns to anyone else in which case they can pretty much be ignored, eh?

(Note that, seriously, I'm glad Lommy sent me that PM and I caved so easily and joined in, I am really enjoying this!)
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #1908
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm in no rush.

I just like throwing around ideas. Besides, if I do post Rowenna involving herself in the Aedre/Javan situation, it won't be until tomorrow afternoon.

So anybody that wants to jump in before then? Go for it.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #1909
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No. I'm probably the impatient one here. There's no reason for the rush, Durelin, you're right. I guess I got overly excited. Sorry. I'm quite willing to wait for Nienna to post...

It was just a little trying yesterday for me. I was working on an extraordinarily boring paper, and checking the Barrow Downs a lot to try to break the monotony and nothing was happening, so my monotonous day was never broken up.

Yeah, I can wait.

And you're right about writing for other people's characters. I've gotten lax about that myself, despite Arry's careful training in my early days of writing. I for one need to be careful not to do that with other characters. Did I do it for yours, Durelin?

-- Foley
Old 11-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #1910
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I don't know if there is anything interesting to write about the soldiers unpacking the stuff, unless Foley was to write for Thornden being present there (but maybe he'd rather concern himself with Javan and co. for the moment?). But I might write (unless there is something else happening, like I just said), perhaps today or tomorrow, something about Hilderinc going to look for Įforględ, for example. Lommy said that she might post perhaps tomorrow for some people in the kitchen (encountering Įforględ and later then Hilderinc), which could go with what I proposed in the former posts. But that basically means that if you want to post, Folwren, you could make Thornden exchange a few words with Hilderinc; if not, then after Lommy posts I will just basically take him into the kitchen.

And Durelin - yes, indeed Įforględ is turning into something a bit more than an NPC, which is nice Well, I don't feel like making him a "proper" character yet, and also I don't feel exactly like writing a bio for him: I rather think that it is interesting to just "observe" what becomes of him, and later we can decide what his background is based on our "observation" Although perhaps for the sake of clarity and easy approach to information, we could make some short bio for him, including just the things we know already (that he is Athanar's guard... well, that's basically all But it can be regularly updated). Well, whatever.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #1911
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm....I wasn't thinking I would post for Thornden because I didn't see any potential in anything happening, being just a simple assignment of showing them to the barracks and then leaving them to their own devices ... I mean, leaving them to unpack. But if you would like to play it up a little (seeing as we have some extra time) then we can. Perhaps they can strike up a conversation of sorts. Maybe we can have a good experience between the new comers and the locals, as the Scarburgians keep getting called. A calm, friendly type of conversation.

I won't have time to post until much later today, if at all. Legate, if you'd like, you could post and get them moving and perhaps strike up a conversation? I'll answer sometime.

And as for getting involved with Javan - nope. Thornden follows orders pretty much to the T so long as it doesn't go against his conscience or his lord or lady's orders.

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 11-10-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #1912
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No, don't apologize, nothing to apologize for, Foley. And no I don't recall you 'using' Coen or anything.

Oh papers... Have two big ones I'm working on right now. It's hard to write a paper when you just want to write RP posts all the time...

I am completely fine with just seeing what becomes of Aflorgaed, Legate!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #1913
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Hm....I wasn't thinking I would post for Thornden because I didn't see any potential in anything happening, being just a simple assignment of showing them to the barracks and then leaving them to their own devices ... I mean, leaving them to unpack. But if you would like to play it up a little (seeing as we have some extra time) then we can. Perhaps they can strike up a conversation of sorts. Maybe we can have a good experience between the new comers and the locals, as the Scarburgians keep getting called. A calm, friendly type of conversation.

I won't have time to post until much later today, if at all. Legate, if you'd like, you could post and get them moving and perhaps strike up a conversation? I'll answer sometime.
It was just an idea. I also didn't see anything interesting about unpacking, but if you feel like it (I guess that's the main thing) and have some inspiration, it could be nice to have some little conversation between Thornden and Hilderinc (Thornden was there to see Hilderinc reporting to Coen, which gives a good reason to Thornden to turn to him in particular, of all the soldiers, if he wants to pick one to talk to, to figure out what likes of people are they or whatever). Feel free to initiate it, whenever you can or wish.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #1914
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

On general issues...

On the issue raised by Dury: I think the "posting rules" have always been a bit more relaxed in the Mead Hall, meaning that people have had more leeway into using each others characters - with all the traditional and well-proven corrections like that one should try to use another person's character as little as s/he can and trying to stick to the spirit of that character, that everything the "used character's" writer wishes to be changed need to be changed immediately etc...

But that said we should be careful using each other's characters and I do warmly recommend building posts together (via PM's, MSN, what have you) if you wish to have more dialogue or more reactions from other writer's characters in one post.

And surely the "rules" are different to people who have posted for each other's characters in the Mead Hall for years and have learned it trusting each other's judgement on issues concerning their characters (like Foley and Fea with Saeryn & Degas).

But that brings me to the second issue raised here. It has been quite frantic I must admit (heh, been a way for a few Days and had like a page of reading to do!), and it is easy to see why. The new situation - a kind of new beginning - makes us all more interested in this and everyone wants to post as much as they can.

It is a good thing and I would be the last one to say that "hey, don't post that much!".

But it will (sadly) change as time goes by and the "new Mead Hall" will not arouse such a frantic posting - and thus some of the problems noted here will settle themselves.

But I must say I love this energy we have right now! Let's keep it up - without rushing our co-writers to write a substantial post everyday. We have lots of things going on there and not every situation needs be dealt with today...
Old 11-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #1915
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
Nogrod, are you keeping up with this? Are we imagining Athanar wrong, or something? It really amuses me how different people view different characters in RPGs...especially the disparity between the writer's view of their character and other reader's view of a same character.
I kind of like this tension arising from different perspectives on different characters in the story.

Lord Athanar sure is more or less a blank paper still as he's such a new character. What is said of him in the BIO will hopefully stand - and I have discussed the personalities of Athanar and Wynflaed and their relationship with Mnemo - thus we have some more info on them which I think we're not willing to give up as such. Not that there is a grand conspiracy awaiting you or any great surprises. Just things of their history & background to guide us into writing them and hopefully becoming "flesh and blood" here in the story.

So what happens in the next months will surely be decisive for the molding of lord Athanar's character. I gave myself only one rule of thumb in the beginning, which I have and will follow quite intuitively: the more resistance there is the nobler and the more reasonable I will write him - and the smoother the things would go, the viler person I'd write him to be. So the balance of dramatic tension has been my guiding star.

Right now I think I have gotten him somewhat to the noble and reasonable side of things as it clearly has not been a warm welcome or obedient and respectful welcome to someone appointed to the place by the king himself.

But what comes will decide his personality and there are still I think many things that we can't yet see to decide that... like how would he react to her daughter being beaten in like two hours from their arrival?

On an unrelated matter: I just love the way the tensions, the strong feelings, the struggle shown all around the Mead Hall... are intercepted with Lilige and Wynflaed speculating on different gowns and just living in a world of their own! That's absolutely hilarious and at the same time thought-provoking!

I'm going to post for lord Athanar a short post but he probably shouldn't notice the fight between Aedre and Javan. It would be better if Lilige or Coen took Aedre to Wynflaed and Athanar learned the thing only later. Otherwise we'd have such heated posting and the whole place exploding that we'd reach the welcoming banquet at Christmas-time the earliest... if there would be one any more...
Old 11-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #1916
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

I actually decided it better that lord Athanar will just sit on the scar until the things have settled down as I saw no way he could have avoided the row between Aedre and Javan... especially as Coenred is at it as well.

But Dury, Coenred has been met by the craftsmen... And Nienna feel free to make Aedre make her case if you think she would at that situation! Or post anyway for her feelings or what have you...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-10-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #1917
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, I've let Lilige loose, so if people want to get reactions in before (presumably, if you'd still like to go along with this, Lottie?) we get involved now would be a good time.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #1918
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I don't have time to post, I'm only on a short break in the middle of class...but do you really think they'd send Javan off without waiting for and explanation? I propose that he not run off and be told to stand still and wait until they decide what to do.

And I have a vague idea that if Coen agrees to keep things from becoming a mountain, Aedre won't.

-- Folwren
Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #1919
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm going to try and get something posted tonight. Aedre is definitely going to want a mountain
Old 11-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #1920
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Quote:
do you really think they'd send Javan off without waiting for and explanation? I propose that he not run off and be told to stand still and wait until they decide what to do.
Well my idea was that they would wish to cool the thing down as their first objective. Being fathers of young children they would know that if the children were given a chance to re-tell the events facing each other while the emnities were still hot it would only end up in more fighting; screaming, yelling and accusing... and that would be against the primary target of hushing the incident down as well as possible. (Which of course is a stupid objective as the whole thing would be revealed sooner than later - well as soon as Wynflaed or Athanar would see their daughter and the shape she is in: but that's daddies reacting with their strong hearts but short sights )

And they had already heard Javan saying his father would not have approved of what he had done, so they had some preconceptions already of what happened eg. that Javan had acted badly... once again. (poor Javan, his reputation is hard to carry indeed...) So they were actually also protecting Javan by sending him away.

Quote:
And I have a vague idea that if Coen agrees to keep things from becoming a mountain, Aedre won't.
With that I wholly agree... and I'm not sure how Coenred will react to that interruption either...

Meddle with it, anyone!