The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting How do YOU stand the wait?

I'm sure that many of you can't wait for the next LOTR movie to arrive. So, a simple question: How did/do all of you stand the wait for TTT/ROTK?<P>I merely spend a great deal of time on LOTR sites like the Barrow-Downs. What about you?
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

I spend a lot of time here at the BD and I read a lot of LOTR fanfics and I write a lot of them as well as it is the only way to survive the wait in a sane manner!!!
Old 05-24-2003, 02:47 AM   #3
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hardly. I spend most of the time curled up in a corner rocking back and forth repeating quotes from the book, thinking how strange the movie would sound backwards... ahhhh! the suspence is killing me!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 07:56 AM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So far I am just coping with the wait for TTT by watching the trailers over and over, satisfying my cravings for 24/7 Eomer.<P>As far as Rotk is concerned: I stare at pictures and frequently break down in tears. Basically, I am not coping with the wait.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #5
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Sitting...in a dark corner of my room...repetitively staring and staring at pictures of ROTK. I also go to the Downs and Minas Tirith. They both help me in my wait. {Oh, and by the way, I was just joking about the corner thing. I don't have a dark corner in my room. I look at the pictures while online. }
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 09:16 AM   #6
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

Playing fantasy RPGs on my trusty computer. And naming my characters "Aragorn" if he's a human, "Legolas" if he's an elf, and "Gimli" if he's a dwarf.<P>And rereading the books constantly.<P>And, of course, trying not to think about it.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:11 AM   #7
Aragorn2002
Haunting Spirit

Aragorn2002 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragorn2002
I just go to other sites, read and other things. Alot of what I do would have to be playing video games on my PS2 or on my computer. Oh, and I just read the LotR books over and over.
________
Weed vaporizer

Last edited by Aragorn2002; 04-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Aragorn2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 01:44 PM   #8
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

I simply come and visit here and post on occasion and check the updates on the movies. Only about, 3 more months or so! I'm sure it will go by fast.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:13 PM   #9
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Spoil myself with spoilers. <P>Hang out here and other sites.<P>Drool over my LOTR movie guide.<P>Listen to soundtrack.<P>Read books, now with LOTR, Hobbit, Sil, UT, and the two first books in HOME, I have enouph to last me a while.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:19 PM   #10
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

I read the books, get on here a lot, go to information sites (example: theonering.net), listen to the soundtrack over and over, and watch The Fellowship of the Ring on DVD a lot.
Old 05-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #11
elle
Animated Skeleton

elle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elle Send a message via MSN to elle
Pipe

I can't wait but I have too! But what I do is listen to the soundtracks( word of advice listen to track 12 on the TTT soundtrack, it is amazing!), read the LotR, The Hobbit, Sil, UT, go to sites about Tolkien, LotR and related stuff, sit in the dark think and whispering to my (<B>real</B>) One Ring , look at pics and spoilers, and of course try not to think about it! But how can you not! It is impossible! I'm just kidding about the sitting in the dark thing by the way! he he he!

~*Stop Deforestation, Start Reforestation*~
~*Save our Future, Save a Tree*~
elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #12
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Spoil myself with spoilers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I read all the spoliers too, but I think that they don't really spoil you for the film. I knew exactly how the beginning of TTT was going to be like, though I never really got what it was going to look like until I saw the movie.<P>I just do simple things to stand the minutes, hours, days, and months to ROTK. I think for hours about how the scenes from the book are going to look like on film, and of course I go out and buy multiple items to add to my LOTR memorbilia collection (that is a great thing to take up your time doing). I try to keep myself from going and looking at the spoliers, but I just can't do that.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:18 AM   #13
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I go outside and enjoy spring. Connect with my real people and remember that my daily life is more important! I listen to the books on tape, or go through a chapter from the Silmarillion, underlining the core info. My favorite bit to help keep upcoming "movie excitement" in check, is to veiw the spoilers. I like spoilers! They help prepare me for the movie. Movies (especially action/battle types) tend to be "over-stimulating" for me, so if I can spread the visual barrage out, over time (with spoilers) it helps me get ready for the "big day"!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:11 PM   #14
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I started working on my Frodo costume. Seriously, might as well start when there's plenty of time.<BR>I also look at Tolkien sites, look for any news or spoilers, and continue with the strange thing called Life. And occasionally perform Gollum, Elvis, and Neo imitations. <BR>See you later!<BR>~M
Old 05-26-2003, 12:15 PM   #15
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Good idea! I might start working on some outfits.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:17 PM   #16
Eldawen of Lorien
Pile O'Bones

Eldawen of Lorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I live my life, but to phsyc myself up I read as many Tolkien books as I can(when I'm not reading other books), listen to both soundtracks over and over, watch the movie(when no one is home because my family is tired of it), I go to LotR sites and play the TTT video game.
Eldawen of Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:03 PM   #17
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Quoth the Raven<BR>I watch Fotr, over and over and over and over and over again. 173 times sincs January 1st!!!! I also dwell on getting past Helm's Deep on the Lotr game. Darn them Uruk Hai!!!!<BR>Nevermore
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 06:10 AM   #18
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I concentrate on learning Quenya. BD is my lifeline! I would scream if I didn't have the internet! I've lost count of how many times I've watched FOTR, various people in my house are threatening to disconnect the DVD player if I watch it much more!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:29 PM   #19
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

My goal is to learn Sindarin so well by the time Return of the King comes out, that I won't need to pay attention to the subtitles to understand what the characters are saying in Sindarin. I'm sure that there are going to be some lines in there, perhaps in the Elrond-Arwen scenes.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 02:18 PM   #20
Elvish Hermit
Pile O'Bones

Elvish Hermit has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I take it at intervals. First I couldn't wait for Reloaded for Hugo Weaving. After that I couldn't wait until my literary class began reading 'The Fellowship' (we started Monday. I got my copy early {about one year early} so I started without them. Then when we're done, I'll start 'Towers') when I finshish I'll wait for "PotC". Then, hopefully, Ned Kelly in August. 'Revelutions' in November. Topping off with a journey with "RotC".<BR>In between it all, I read visit the Downs and read fiction, and try to draw the characters (very badly, might I add.) But my drawing of Eowyn and Faramir at the Healing Houses is coming out better than I exepected. If I keep working on it, it'll be somewhat good!
Elvish Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:37 AM   #21
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When real life is not keeping me occupied, I make the time pass by reading my Tolkien books, posting on forums, and checking out the news sites for spoilers.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:00 AM   #22
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes, i watch FOTR over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until my brothers know every single word of it and my cat is beginning to speak elvish.

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:58 AM   #23
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm. I wonder if my guinea pigs could learn elvish. That would be very cute. I just immerse myself in Lord of the Rings everything, and only get out of it every few hours or so, for about 2 minutes. Then I go back.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 12:34 PM   #24
eglaladiel

Eye

i go into a little corner and huddle...or i take a Tolkien book out and READ. or i work on my elvish.
Old 06-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #25
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I visit the Downs and other Tolkien sites; add to my LotR collection (just got 2 new action figures today); participate in the Walk to Rivendell (just left Bree this a.m.); listen to the unabridged LotR cd's; listen to the FotR & TTT soundtracks; watch FotR over & over; watch TTT (saw it at the discount theatre yesterday for the 14th time--I have to sit in the back of the theatre as now I say the lines with each character); stare mindlessly while my LotR screensaver pictures cycle on my computer at work; read & reread various Tolkien books...you know, just the usual!
Old 06-01-2003, 04:20 PM   #26
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I stand the wait by doing the same thing that everyone else does:<P>- read all my Tolkien books so often that I've practically memorized them<BR>- watch FotR (both regular and extended DVDs) until I've memorized both scripts<BR>- regularly go to the dollar theatre to watch TTT so I can memorize the script<BR>- watch all of the sneak previews and teasers off the Internet<BR>- find as many pictures of male models that look like Elves (I love you Internet!!!!!)<BR>- find as many pictures of the cast both in costume and out
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 03:58 PM   #27
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I walk the walk to Rivendell. And go on B-D. And read my books.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:01 PM   #28
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Do you really want to know? Okay, here goes. How I survive the wait until RotK is:<P>~Read LotR over and over and over and over and over and.......<BR>~Work on my LotR fanfic<BR>~Listen to the Fellowship and Towers soundtracks 24-7<BR>~Go see Towers as many times as possible (thank Eru for the dollar theaters...)<BR>~Watch the EV of Fellowship over and over and over and..........<BR>~Work on my Sindarin<BR>~Hang out at the Downs and Stupid Ring Parody<BR>~Watch the internet trailers over and over and over and.......<BR>~Drool over all my LotR pics<BR>~Work on my costume for the premire<BR>~Keep everyone else informed on how many days are left <P><I><B>ONLY 198 DAYS UNTIL ROTK IS IN THEATERS!!!</B></I>
Old 06-02-2003, 05:30 PM   #29
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I have far too many ways to post, though none of them work, so here are a few:<P>-I keep my TTT DVD and FotR video with me at almost all times (also Matrix, but that's another matter )<BR>-I work on a fanfic.<BR>-I throw out the fanfic.<BR>-I start a new fanfic.<BR>-I throw that one out too... (etc.)<BR>-I recite lines from LotR till I think my walls say them with me.<BR>-I hardly drop my books from my hands.<BR>-I spend all of my free time, and most of my homework time as well, on the BDs.<BR>-I try to distract myself with my two other obsessions- Matrix and caution tape. (Don't ask about the caution tape, I don't know where it came from either. )<BR>-I constantly browse fanfiction pages.<BR>-I draw LotR stuff so much that I believe my art teacher is beginning to hate it. <BR>-I attempt to learn Quenya, though I fail miserably.<BR>-I spend class time writing up RPG posts.<P>Alrighty, that's enough for now... but there are many more! <P>~Menelien<p>[ June 02, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 06-02-2003, 05:54 PM   #30
Elentarimir
Wight

Elentarimir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentarimir
Silmaril

I watch the movie constantly. (I lost track of how many times... )<P>I read and reread and rereread and rerereread and...well let's just say I read the books a lot.<P>I work out ways to annoy people with lotr that I USE!!!<P>I "Google" search the Internet for LotR pictures. (I currently have LOTS!)<P>When I can, I work on my Elvish. (Sindarin)<P>I watch as many different LotR trailers as I can find. <P>When bored, I quote the movie and see how far I can get before messing up. (I have the TT script )<P>I also listen to the soundtrack as much as possible.<P>When I run out of things to do, I have long discussions with Arestevana about how they're gonna screw up the next movie.<P>Well....you asked for it.....
Old 06-02-2003, 06:11 PM   #31
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have the TT script<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Not fair! Where did you get it?!?!<P>~I recite Galadriel's monologe constantly (along with most of the rest of FotR)<BR>~I remind myself that I need to start reading Unfinished Tales<BR>~And, to distract myself from LotR altogether, I beat my little brother at Duel Monsters over and over and over........
Old 06-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #32
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I taunt people because I have the TTT DVD... <P>~Menelien<P>PS- Saphire, if you want to find the TTT script, go <A HREF="http://www.seatofkings.net/script_ttt.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>
Old 06-02-2003, 06:44 PM   #33
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I have the TTT DVD... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have RotK on DVD. <P>But, I refuse to leak or watch it. Don't even ask. <P>It's good to have friends...
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 02:36 PM   #34
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

These are the Things i do while waiting<P>-Watcg FotR over and over<BR>-Read the book of LotR<BR>-Play Pc/GC games<BR>-Go on BD!!<BR>-Watch other great movies like X2<BR>-Walk my dog<BR>-play my guitar<BR>-Jump out of my window (and break my leg)
Old 06-04-2003, 06:14 PM   #35
Elentarimir
Wight

Elentarimir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentarimir
Sting

How do you people get these DVDs??!?!?!?!?<P>I want them, but I have to wait until probably October to get TTT, and until October 2004 to get ROTK!!!! That is unfair! Where did you get them?!?
Old 06-04-2003, 06:52 PM   #36
Wren
Pile O'Bones

Wren has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Wren Send a message via AIM to Wren
Sting

Well I enjoy mudding, so Two Towers mud takes the edge off. I watch Fellowship of the Ring of course, reread the books, and post in other forums. I also really enjoy roleplaying in the Tolkien setting. That I find is the most helpful thing to do.
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:16 AM   #37
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

If they would hurry up and release the trailer, then maybe I could stand the wait better.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:30 AM   #38
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

The trailer <I>is</I> out... two of them, actually. A fifteen second one and a 1 minute one, and there is already a thread on them...<P>~Menelien
Old 06-05-2003, 07:23 AM   #39
barandilwen
Animated Skeleton

barandilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

i cant wait for the movie... and i'm really sad that i havent even seen one of the trailers... awww... i cant even stand two weeks without watching any lotr movie and surfing the sites for it
Old 06-10-2003, 02:25 AM   #40
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I honestly don't know how i survive but i always somehow manage to do it!!!I think my obsession needs to be fed with LOTR Merchandise and hours and hours of watching LOTR and spending sooo much time on LOTR sites, i also have to discuss LOTR with someone like everyday to keep me from going insane I think that's how i manage to survive, it somehow keeps me calm!!!