The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
Victoriel

Silmaril Favorite Parts of Movies

Post your favorite parts of the Lord of the Rings movies here. <P> My favorite part of Fellowship of the Ring was probably when they Fellowship arrived in Lothlorien. My favorite part in The Two Towers was the bettle of Helm's Deep.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fotr: The Midgewater Marshes, and the passing of the wood elves to the Grey Havens.<P>TTT: Osgiliath.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #3
Victoriel

Silmaril

I love that part as well. I also like the part when Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn meet the Rider of Rohan.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>the passing of the wood elves to the Grey Havens <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>it's truly, deeply beautiful. i like the wiev of the forbidden pool too.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:41 PM   #5
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome to the Downs, Victoriel!<P>My favorited part was when Frodo gets stabbed at Weathertop. Good Times.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
Victoriel

Silmaril

Thank you for welcoming me, and yes, that is a good part as well.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:57 PM   #7
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

My favorite part in TTT was when Frodo and Sam were talking about whether they would be put into stories. And my favorite part in FOTR was when they were at Bilbo's party! I liked the music in that part!!
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:58 PM   #8
Victoriel

Silmaril

During that party I was dancing so much! I had high-heels and danced all over the room, my parents thought I was crazy. I ended up falling in a chair.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My other favorite part is in Moria when they're all jumping over the broken part in the bridge. There are like seven or eight orcs shooting at them, and Legolas just kicks their butts. I love the arrow sticking in the stone.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:31 PM   #10
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

<B>FotR:</B> Passing of the Elves, the drinking song at the Green Dragon, Boromir at the Council of Elrond, the Argonath (such an excellent shot), the shots of the Riders chasing Asforloth (true, I hate Arwen being in it, but the shots themselves <I>are</I> well done). <BR>But the best shot in the movie was: The shot of the Fellowship right after they exit Rivendell. Y'know, the one that starts with Gandalf and slowly moves as to finish at Aragorn. Excellent shot.<P><B>TTT:</B> Frodo and Sam talking about stories, Sam's little speach at the end, that second right after the Theoden exocism(sp?) when he reaches out and grasps his sword (I love the music right then; the two together give me shivers), Aragorn comanding the Elves to 'Charge!' at Helm's Deep.<BR>And the best single shot in this movie was: Gollum! Just all Gollum, all the time. Good stuff. ^_^
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:29 PM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm ashamed of you Deadies! What about the Green Dragon? Now, there was the money shot.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 10:46 PM   #12
Free_Spirit

Sting

My favourite part in The Fellowship has to be when the fellowship reaches Lothlorien. In The Two Towers it's the Battle for Helms Deep. Particularily when Aragorn's friend the elf general is killed. It's just so moving and you see death from an immortals point of view.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:10 PM   #13
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm ashamed of you Deadies! What about the Green Dragon? Now, there was the money shot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> But I <I>did</I> say the Green Dragon shot... Nobody listens to me... *sad sigh*<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Particularily when Aragorn's friend the elf general is killed. It's just so moving and you see death from an immortals point of view.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, I never thought of it as being seen from 'an immortals point of view', but that's a good thought! Hadn't noticed it in that way before. And the elf's name is Haldir. Welcome to the boards, Free_Spirit! Hope you enjoy being dead! ^_^
Old 06-27-2003, 11:19 PM   #14
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Arnor. Dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the Shadow!<P>YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!!!!!<P>ohhh that scene was SOOOOO cool...<P>
Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 PM   #15
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Oh (sorry, forgot to include this in the last post. <P>in TTT: When Theoden and Aragorn charge the orcs at Helm's Deep and when Gandalf and Eomer ride down the hill and kick the orcs' butts!
Old 06-28-2003, 12:49 AM   #16
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

FOTR: The meeting of Galadriel<P>TTT- The whole battle, oh! and, every part with Éowyn.. Mira O. is the best!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 04:38 AM   #17
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

FotR: THE GREEN DRAGON ALL THE WAY! That song is just the biggest legend. <BR>The party: Yes, brilliant part. Loving the fireworks!<BR>The part when the Ringwraiths stab the beds at Bree: It's just as if they are screaming 'Hobbits are made of <I>feathers???</I>"<BR>When Boromir is teaching Merry and Pippin sword fighting: It's nice to see Boromir smile. <BR>The Aragonath: I agree, awesome shot.<BR>And finally, Boromir's death: Not a nice scene really, but it made me cry <P>TTT: I can't think of any! My brain just decomposed on the spot. I'm too lazy for my own good. Sorry, I'm in an odd mood today. I think it's the boredom of being home alone on a saturday.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #18
Victoriel

Silmaril

You all have so much to say! Unlike me, I'm the shy type..but I'm getting over it..anyway now tell me who your favorite character is and why. My favorite is Legolas of course. I think Elves are the most amazing creatures of Middle-Earth, not to forget his skill in archery and the looks. I just love those eyes!!
Old 06-28-2003, 01:35 PM   #19
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

maybe legolas, aragorn and frodo...no, it has nothing to do with that they are all soooo handsome <BR>seriously, i don't know.the elves are ofcourse interesting, fair and wise but there are something in the hobbits too - pippin is quite cute, i can't wate till RotK when he becomes a warrior!
Old 06-28-2003, 04:46 PM   #20
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

FotR: The Mines of Moria<BR> TTT: Helm's Deep<BR> Favorite character: Borimir ( briliantly acted ), Aragorn ( just like I thought he'd look ), & Gollum ( he looks so great! & sounds great too ).
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 12:39 AM   #21
arianrod
Wight

Shield

I thought of another one for TTT:<P>The scene when Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli arrive at the edge of Fangorn. I just love how they have Aragorn sort of narrating the actions while the shots switch from Merry/Pippin-o-vision to Three-Hunters-o-vision. That was deffinatly one of my favorite parts.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:56 AM   #22
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

FotR: When Gandalf falls into the abyss, or the Fellowhip enter Moria.<P>TTT: When Elrond tells Arwen of her fate on Middle Earth or every single scene at Helms Deep. Especially when the Elves arrive. Made my heart burst with pride, for some odd unknown reason.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 09:04 PM   #23
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Hey speaking of it, does anyone know the words to the song that the hobbits sing when they are in the Green Dragon??

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 06-30-2003, 09:05 AM   #24
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

"...The wind may rain (?) & the rain may pour, but there still are many miles to go. sweet to the sound of...better than rain or sleet (?) or snow, is a mug of beer to save this Took!" So in other words I don't know. <p>[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 06-30-2003, 09:57 AM   #25
Lord Melkor
Haunting Spirit

Lord Melkor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey! Ho! to the bottle I go <BR>To heal my heart and drown my woe. <BR>Rain may fall and wind may blow, <BR>But there still be many miles to go! <BR>Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain <BR>and the stream that falls from hill to plain <BR>better than rain or rippling brook <BR>is a mug of beer inside this Took!<P>
'I am the Elder king: Melkor, first and mightiest of all the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will.'
Lord Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:54 AM   #26
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

I was still more or less right. Nah. <BR>
Old 07-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #27
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Thanks! my friends and i have been singing it and going ...mmmmm... in the parts we dont know.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 07-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #28
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Maybe I should just mmmm all the way through it then...
Old 07-05-2003, 11:34 PM   #29
arianrod
Wight

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"...The wind may rain (?) & the rain may pour, but there still are many miles to go. sweet to the sound of...better than rain or sleet (?) or snow, is a mug of beer to save this Took!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, its sounds to me like you made it more lifelike, Estel. I mean, we can't seriously expect hobbits to be able to articulate an entire song from memory after a few glasses of that Green Dragon ale, can we?
Old 07-06-2003, 12:12 PM   #30
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

lol. Yeah, oh well, what the heck. <BR>
Old 07-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #31
Victoriel

Sting

Alright, now tell if you think something very important was missing from either of the movies. If you think so, what exactly?<P> I think what was missing was the sad part when Arwen and her father, Elrond, had their little 'sad and upsetting talk.' Arwen had tears when she was talking with her father, and Elves are suppose to be brave and strong, (including female elves.)