The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-04-2003, 11:39 PM   #1
Elvish Archer
Animated Skeleton

Elvish Archer has just left Hobbiton.
Question RotK EE?

Anybody got any ideas as to when the RotK EE is going to be released? <BR>Uh Oh...<BR>I just thoughta something. What's gonna happen to the majority of the Downers after the release of RotK EE? That's a kinda scary thought.<p>[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Elvish Archer ]

He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
Elvish Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 01:52 AM   #2
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

The majority of us will go into depression because we have no more LotR releases to look forward to!!! Seriously though, it will be sad. But I think we'll still be here. Some may be even more dedicated. Who knows?
Old 11-05-2003, 04:34 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

There were Downers before the film came out and there will be Downers after they've happened. Just less of them.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:39 AM   #4
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As for the release date. There is no word and likely won't be for some time, but I suspect it still won't be released until the Christmas 2004 shopping season. <P>H.C.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:54 PM   #5
ArathorofBarahir
Wight

ArathorofBarahir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The ROTK EE will be probably be released the same time as the others were. The theatrical versions are released in August and the Extended Edition are released in November.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #6
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I heard on theonering.net today that rotk theatrical dvd may be released in May 04, which would hopefully bring forward the ee as well. You know, Jackson hasn't got any other lotr film to worry about now has he? (ok, so there's the small matter of some ape or whatever......)
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 07:51 PM   #7
Kyle

Sting

It might be released earlier as there is not another movie to edit. There is a strong possibility that they might make us wait, but for now lets just gear up for TTW EE!
Old 11-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #8
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dűm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Orks scaled the ladders like apes in the jungles of the south..."<P>Essex, You mean he's making a Helm's Deep/Ork/War of the Ring Film(s)?!?! AMAZING!!!! <P>Just' jokin'. <P>But stiiiill....

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #9
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>As for the release date. There is no word and likely won't be for some time, but I suspect it still won't be released until the Christmas 2004 shopping season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well that effectivly erases any fuzzy feelings left over from hearing that the original version is coming out in May instead of August...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:54 PM   #10
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What's gonna happen to the majority of the Downers after the release of RotK EE? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>All the rampant newbies will go away leaving us true fans to debate in peace. Like it was back in my first month here. Almost.<P> Just kidding. I'm not being quite fair. The Downs has received many great fans because of the influx brought by the movies. However, there are those fangirls...
Old 11-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #11
The Ninth Valar
Pile O'Bones

The Ninth Valar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

People will always wish to discuss the books*, and the movies will bring in new people. Tolkien's works attract thousands of new fans each year, and I'm sure a few wish to do more than read the words and see the films. They yearn for the history, the symbolic questions, the minutae, thematic drive and etc.<P><BR>*As I do, hence why I joined. I've read the major works (Hobbit, LotR, Silmarillion) as well as Unfinished Tales and have the HoM-E waiting in the wings. I wish to know more or the thoughts behind his words (picked up Letters of JRRT today for that purpose); message boards often provide such thoughts, or at least solid debate. More will follow, just as more will flock to TheForce.net after Ep3 leaves the theaters: continued interest and a desire to know the worlds more.