Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #601
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Okay.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #602
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for the ridiculously long delay on this. I've been way too busy lately. I'll try to wrap this up.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #603
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Don't be silly. We all get busy.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #604
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Done.

Don't look so surprised with what you find. I've been planning it for months.

There is a solution. Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to guess it?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #605
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Wow. I didn't expect that. Great writing, as always, lmp.
Quote:
There is a solution.
Then I suppose we ought to find it.

Mardil is no longer in the past, he exists now, as he was sent into the future. How can Mardil make it back to Mordor? The same way everything else goes to Mordor...

Someone needs to go to the thread "What do you assign to Mordor?" and assign Mardil II.

Or perhaps to avoid another run in with the two wizards Mardil II should be assigned to the Shire? Would that work?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #606
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Wow. I didn't expect that. Great writing, as always, lmp.
Thanks!

Quote:
Mardil II should be assigned to the Shire? Would that work?
Bingo again. Well done.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 AM   #607
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I don't think it's quite proper for me to assign my own character to the Shire.

Would one of my fellow runaways do the honors?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #608
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I don't think it's quite proper for me to assign my own character to the Shire.

Would one of my fellow runaways do the honors?
Done. Since I'm here. *Goes to assign working overnight to Mordor - oh wait, already did that. *
Old 03-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #609
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Are we done, or is there more? If we're done, I can finish up my game proposal. If not, what more is there?
Old 03-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #610
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, if everyone else is done, then I suppose I'd best get working on my final post for Valde (should have been working on it, but that's life)... I cannot imagine it affecting your game, though, Fea. Not life changing...plot changing...whatever you'd like to call it...
Old 03-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #611
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm done. I forgot that you guys would want to do final posts. Sorry, I'll remove my little "The End" and save it for a little bit later.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #612
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
"It appears that Mardil II is free and in the Shire," Anakron smiled. "But who's Celuien?"

"Oh, a friend," Panakeia grinned.
I wonder if Panakeia realizes that her buddy Nichole and Celuien are one and the same. And where does this understanding of temporal paradoxes come from?

Guess I have one last post to sum up Panakeia's reaction to Anakron's return to the living.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #613
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I wonder if Panakeia realizes that her buddy Nichole and Celuien are one and the same. And where does this understanding of temporal paradoxes come from?
I wondered what it was with Nichole. You trickster!!! Let's just say that Panakeia must have learned of a certain movie called Oz, and used it for her own purposes on instinct?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #614
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I wondered what it was with Nichole. You trickster!!! Let's just say that Panakeia must have learned of a certain movie called Oz, and used it for her own purposes on instinct?
Gee, and here I thought I was being obvious. Even if the ATM version of me is a little exaggerated, of course.

Nichole = Nichole

Nichole wears blue boots...

The other references (and there are a few ) are a lot less obvious and I'm probably the only one who would get them, like the car accident on the Schuylkill Expressway along Boathouse Row that sent Nichole to Mordor in the first place. That one requires driving on the Schuykill and recognizing the spot I'm talking about.

Hehe. Oz it is.

Post in progress...
Old 03-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #615
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Gee, and here I thought I was being obvious. Even if the ATM version of me is a little exaggerated, of course.

Nichole = Nichole

Nichole wears blue boots...
Huh. I remember that first post from the birthday party, but I'd forgotten about the reference to "Nichole". And I guess I missed the blue boots reference. Never been that familiar with Philly, though I've been there a couple times. Somebody else always drove (thank the gods! apparently).
Old 03-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #616
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Celuien, that was one exquisitely cheesy post. Loved it!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #617
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Celuien, that was one exquisitely cheesy post. Loved it!
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

I guess that wraps it up for me, unless something happens to pull Panakeia back into the plot.

It's been a real pleasure writing with all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elempi
Never been that familiar with Philly, though I've been there a couple times. Somebody else always drove (thank the gods! apparently).
I really hate driving here, at least when heading into/out of the city. Never had an accident (or ticket!) but if I do, it'll be on the Schuylkill. It didn't earn its not-so-affectionate nickname of 'Sure-kill' without good reason.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #618
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm sorry it's taking me an age to write my final post. I've had a lot of RL problems these past few days that have taken up nearly all my time. I'll try to have it up sometime tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #619
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No feeling guilty! We all have real lives and understand how annoying it is when they cut into our fun time. Hope everything gets better uber-fast. *hug*
Old 03-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #620
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Final post completed. Thanks for a lovely game, everyone. And Fea, good luck with ATM2!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 AM   #621
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Thanks, Cai. Just so everyone knows and doesn't wonder "Hey, why isn't Fea posting on one of the days between tomorrow and late Sunday night?", it's because I'm leaving town for a bit.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #622
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

So that I can better plan my time, what is there left to do here? Certainly my own finishing post, but who/what else?
Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 PM   #623
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well I think Sai needs to put J Lo's bottom back on. If you could give me til the weekend I should be able to get that up.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #624
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Not a problem. I'm gone this weekend anyhow and didn't plan to post before then. Just Kath, or does anybody else have extra points to make?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #625
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought about making a final post for Valde, but I have no loose ends to tie up, really. My last post completed all that I wished to complete, and I'm afraid I couldn't come up with another final set of lines for him.

Perhaps he'll be up for a cameo appearance in ATM II if you ever want him for any reason, Fea.

Thanks lmp for the wonderful game.

~Dury
Old 03-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #626
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh no. I am so sorry but I completely forgot! I promise you I'll have it done in the next couple of days.

*ducks barrage of objects from those eagerly awaiting ATM2*
Old 03-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #627
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I may as well put a final post in. I'm not really sure when I'll have it done by.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #628
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Thanks lmp for the wonderful game. ~Dury
The pleasure was all mine, my dear. But puleeeeeeze! I'm suffering from Shakesperian nonsense withdrawal! I neeeeed a Valde cameo sometime soooooon!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 AM   #629
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Hey pio has just picked me up on this. I'm about halfway through that post I'm just having difficulty finishing it. I'll do it as soon as possible.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #630
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Who needs to get their final posts in so that this excellent game can be brought to a close?

It looks as if Enca and Celuien have done theirs.

Durelin, too, I believe is done.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #631
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Hmm. I need to do one, but I'm away until Thursday. It will probably be up by Friday.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #632
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As has been mentioned, I'll be finishing off. Right now though, the idea of organizing everything into a closing post that will segue cleanly into an opening post isn't one very plausible. I can do it, and I will, but not this week or next (being the last week of classes and finals week, respectively).

Pio, when I have a few spare moments, I'll PM you regarding the sequel. Any questions or comments, from anybody, PM me.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #633
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
The pleasure was all mine, my dear. But puleeeeeeze! I'm suffering from Shakesperian nonsense withdrawal! I neeeeed a Valde cameo sometime soooooon!
Awww... Valde loves his adoring fans.

But in all seriousness, I definitely wouldn't mind for him to be recurring.

And yes, I do find myself feeling rather complete. No final post from me. 'Twould be trying to squeeze too much juice out of the catharsis...
Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #634
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I just figured out what Valde Delego means.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #635
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And he shared with me. I'm blissful over it.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:32 PM   #636
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Um, I just liked the name. It means something?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #637
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Ah! Just got it, thanks to a dictionary. That's too funny. Never studied that particular language.

Thanks for pointing out the meaning! I'd never have figured it out on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Um, I just liked the name. It means something?
Clue: Think about one of TGWBS's obsessions on the Signatures thread.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #638
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Clue: Think about one of TGWBS's obsessions on the Signatures thread.
Hmmm... don't go there so much anymore. 45 hours of work in 4 days tends to leave the brain somewhat unwilling to "clue", so to speak. Uh, Quenya?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #639
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Uh, Quenya?
Not quite. Its equivalent in the real world. Look closely at half of Delego.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:53 AM   #640
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Not quite. Its equivalent in the real world. Look closely at half of Delego.
big ego?