The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #721
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
And I want to know from Rikae, if you really are the GW, why in heaven's name have you declared now?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #722
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Ironic, but not at all suspicious, eh?
Last time I self-voted, I got lynched for it. Now there's nothing new under the sun.

That's ok. I'm the GW, anyhow - so you really couldn't lynch me.
Ha. I knew you were a Wizard.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #723
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I didn't say anybody dreamed tp at all.

EDIT: X'd with Roa and Diamond. Legate is a wolf.
But you said you knew he wasn't the EW. How else could you know for certain?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #724
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
But you said you knew he wasn't the EW. How else could you know for certain?
Possibly because she knows who the EW is?

Are we going to get a duel today?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #725
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
No duel allowed until toMorrow - everything will be revealed then.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #726
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The voting-

Nilp for Rikae
Lhuna for Sally
Izzy for Di
Rikae for Rikae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
And - did you really not use your scries to try to find the GW?
No, the EW won't be looking for the GW with scries. The EW wants to make WWs with scries. That's it.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #727
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Ah, right.

Yeah, I just ran to read the rules.

Day 4 reveals all.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #728
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Also - sorry to leave you folks in the lurch like this, but I have to go out and won't be back until shortly before DL. You know what to do.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #729
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
You know what to do.
Rikae, you haven't answered my question. And unless you do, I won't know what to do. I just think its weird that the GW would reveal now and I want to know the reason. Sorry.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:12 AM   #730
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
You know what to do.
Before I do anything for you, mother, I want to know exactly what you think about everyone in the village.

Every last person.

Especially me.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #731
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And tell us if you've found the EW.

And tell us exactly who the next Ranger will be please. So we know who to trust, ya know.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #732
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Ok, that's interesting. I would assume that an EW would guide her wolves.
I picked highly intelligent and very capable wolves that could survive without my help. I also picked wolves that I could easily sacrifice to draw attention away from me if needed. The only "guidance" I gave them was telling them who to kill every night. Morm and Eomer were two of my wolves. They can verify that. Once morm discovered who I was (by accident) then I became more involved in what he was doing. And I actually told him to keep on after Eomer.

Quote:
And - did you really not use your scries to try to find the GW? Or did you find him so early that you could devote your time just to making wolves? As I seem to remember I think the latter scenario was the case, that your wolves found Gurthang pretty early on.
I never tried to use my scries to find the GW. I used my wolves and attacked people I thought might be the GW. That's how I found him, by the way. I just focused my scryings on making the ultimate werewolf team.

Quote:
Oh and another question - can we trust anything you tell us now?
Probably not now, but that's why I quoted myself. Those are direct quotes with everything I've said about the EW. You can check to see for yourself if I've changed my tune anywhere down the line.

Or I said yesterDay, you can lynch me, and then you'll know for certain that I'm on the up and up. If Rikae is telling the truth, though, it will be up to you- lynch a definite baddie, or lynch a possible baddie, but at least you'll know if you can trust her or not. Of course, if I'm not a wolf toDay, I may be toMorrow, and you won't know for certain.

Edit: Cross posted. Rikae, you can't just expect to lynch Legate with out telling us who he is. And Lal's got a point- why reveal now?

Old 06-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #733
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
And tell us if you've found the EW.
Yeah, really. If you know that phantom isn't the Evil Wizard, but you haven't dreamt of him or scried him, then that means you must know who the EW actually it.

I don't see a reason to hide the EW's identity from us, I mean, there can be no duel before tomorrow but that doesn't mean you can't tell us who the EW is? Or am I misinterpreting the rules again? Nogrod?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #734
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Legate, have you been killing off our family? You are SO grounded.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #735
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Okay, I knew we've had big exciting wizard reveal, but I have to say this doesn't really affect my last post about Cailin.

I still don't trust her as far as I can throw her, and think she could very well be a wolf.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #736
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm back, I'm back, I'm pink, I'm pink, ... I'm in-vi-si-ble! (Right! All of us are! Oh, how fitting. I should praise myself.)

First, one thing about our... sorry: about MY Sally. Because her posts are where I finished last time. I know she is usually chatty a lot, out-of-game-chatty a lot, but it makes me wonder, ooohyeahyeah, it really makes me wonder, tum-dum-tu-tu-tum-tum (okay, I'm stopping that already, what's up with me? :sillyness: ), if she isn't overdoing it a little in this particular game. Although this game is particularly suitable for that, but still, I am starting to wond... ahem, if there isn't the intention of hide behind lots of banter in it. Although it's, like, 25% probable from my point of view that it could be so. So not much. But watchin' it.

All right... what next.

Lalaith! She is actually playing? I said something about submarines yesterDay, but if there are any which are really, really deep, then it is her. Unbelievable. I knew she was a subject to vote and such, but if I try to remember anything about her from this game, I don't recall anything.
Quote:
I am finding Lommy rather different in this game and it worries me. At one point she said that either Roa or phantom must be evil, then she wastes time pondering the point that wolves wouldn't necessarily want to kill gifteds at night, just wait until after the duel. (Obviously not the case: when her gifteds are killed, the GW has to scry to replace them, rather than scry for EW and wolves, and that is clearly to the evil team's benefit. The shortlist for a gifted scry would be a different one to the shortlist for a search-the-baddie scry.) Anyway, what I'm really saying is that the Lommy I've played with (always, coincidentally, an innocent Lommy) is too smart to be saying stuff like this so it worries me.
I don't think that's necessarily true. What I said before, my opinion is that Lommy is normal Lommy (this is, among other things, which led me to believe after their arguments with Agan yesterDay that one is not innocent, although they both seemed so, and I went with Agan), only maybe toDay she's different a little, or seems so. But the most troubling about Lommy is that she is so... silent, unlike her usual self. She posts less than usual, I think. Or I may just think so. I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
But she also casts the vote that gets Aganzir killed, which means that either she is a wolf who decided to risk sacrificing her fellow in order to build her own reputation, an innocent who made some mistakes early on, or a wolf who got scried over somewhere in between Nerwen's death and Aganzir's death.
Or a wolf who did not know that Agan is a wolf because the EW did not tell her. Erm... a slip, Gwathy? Do the wolves know each other and you know because you are one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And then she holds her vote later on Day 2 and starts shopping around to lynch someone else. Did she know that Agan was a WW? It's possible. But either way, it just doesn't seem like a Cailin move. I'd come out and ask "Hey, you guys wanna lynch so-and-so instead?" but it didn't feel right coming from Cailin.

And then Mac reveals, and she says "I suppose I should trust Mac", but then waits till 6:00 to vote. What was she waiting on? It takes less than 10 seconds to post "+ + Aganzir". You'd think she would've been in an outright panic if she was truly innocent! "Oh great! Mac's the Ranger! It's up to me! The deadline is almost here!"
That's a good point.

Quote:
2) Lommy, unless turned last night, has got to be innocent.
That's very radically formulated, but it technically sums what I think as well (well, I already said above).

Hmm. TP is acting so... friendly, so to say, rationally (hm, if it's the right word in his case :-P - but let's say, I can identify with a lot he says - and I mean mainly: he is not building up - or seems not to build - baseless cases. He seems to be careful with this), I would think him innocentish. If he is cleverly manipulating us, is another thing, but right now my scales weigh him more to the innocent side.

Brinniel seems to make sense (post 652, for example) and I am letting my doubt off of her more, also after what Aganzir said yesterDay in her parting words (I said before that I am inclined to think she named innocent people. Besides, concerning Brinn and me, she only repeated what she said before about the two of us, so it was not a momentarily made-up thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm in agreement that Cailin, in light of Gwath's analysis (thanks by the way, Gwath), looks pretty bad. As does Legate still.
You know what - may I ask you to sum up in short the reasons why you currently suspect me?

Wonderful - I write the above line and just after that Di posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Speaking of that, I did look through all of Shasta's posts. He doesn't feel overtly suspicious to me, though he did seem to cling to only two suspects for a long time (Legate and phantom) before seeing fit to analyze McCaber and Gwath.
Because that's exactly what I've been thinking, so that's why I decided to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
I'll let you lynch me if you guess which posts were Eomer's and which were mine.
Wonderful. So we have a schizophrenic villager here. Who is supposed to make a picture out of it, then?

(reading on)
I like Brinniel better and better.

Quote:
I´ve continued to think about this order of wolves created business.
Here´s what I´ve come up with.
a. The EW wants to create new wolves, but at the same time she is trying to find the GW. So after Night One, when she creates her basic team, her picks are likely to be players she thinks might be the GW.
Really? I think it's not EW's problem to find the GW. It's GW's problem to find the EW. As long as EW can, she keeps multiplying her wolves, so that in the moment when she is at last scried by the EW, she dies, but leaves behind a horde unbeatable. What you say does not make much sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
That's similar to what I was about to say. I mean, of course Legate has to think everyone mentioned there is probably innocent when he's among them. Aganzir is too clever of a wolf to purposely give off a list of all innocents.
Well, the question is, why not. She may think we will think that she will think... you get the idea. (Or she may not think anything and just post, especially in the case you mention, when she wouldn't know who's a wolf and who not [though she would have her guesses about that, if nothing else]. She may also do so just to leave us some confusion to bother about as a parting present.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Just that? No elaboration? Trying to cover up your master and fellow slave?
No elaboration was there, really? I have to look back on it when it was written; but I think it was merely a statement: not necessarily. But I am pretty sure I wrote something more about it. Or at least I was thinking it. Hm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I've only skimmed the thing between Lommy and Aganzir, and vaguely remembering the game where it was an all-female wolf pack..Volo's game.. I remember (if correctly) Lommy and Aganzir were both wolves - and Lommy claimed gifted. So I wouldn't put it past either of them to be up to shenanigans together. I think most of us believe that the wolves and EW don't know each other. Could be very true, but I don't think the EW has to let ALL of the wolves know/communicate between themselves. If they'd picked two particularly sneaky schemers, s/he could've informed the two of each other and let them loose on the board.
What? That they will be sharingans together?
Okay, okay, nothing. Well, it's a good point about the EW letting only some wolves know each other, and I have been thinking about it as a possibility before too (I think I even said it somewhere). However, I am still closer to the idea that if Lommy is not innocent right now, then she was before and was scried into a wolf this Night.

Isabell actually seems to make lot of sense and seems quite genuine. See, Izzy, now that you post more, or longer posts at least, I can get some reading of you (and it's quite positive this far).

Quote:
Actually, thinking about what I said just now....the EW can of course also use wolf-kills to discover the GW. Perhaps that was what was going on, on Night Two (Volo could have been a potential wizard) but probably not on Night Three.
Again - I think you are complicating it. As soon as the wizards are revealed, they may challenge each other and at the moment they die. There's no point for the EW to waste her scries on the GW, when she can have unlimited brood of minions.

Quote:
And as far as my cry for Legate's help- it's partially in character (he's my fellow sheep herder). But it's also because he is one of the ones I trust and I'd like to forge an alliance.
Yes, yes, yes... thank you, fellow business partner well I would need to look at her more closely, there has been something before that bothered me, but I haven't focused on her specifically. Hopefully later I could look at her closer (there's the problem that she's a schizo, which kind of bothers me).

And let me finish with a sigh:

Quote:
Nilp, you're wrong. I am always like this. I don't think you've played with me before, have you? Those who have are so used to me acting strangely, I couldn't get lynched if I wanted to. Allow me to demonstrate:

+ + Rikae
What the heck is THAT.

Now I'm finished, hope to stay on track and will be around somewhat from now on, or should be (between doing something else... some latin is trying to blink at me from the left side).

EDIT: x-ed since Rikae's self vote. what I saw when skimming through it doesn't make me feel good about Raikiri... sorry, Rikae; at all.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #737
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
I used my wolves and attacked people I thought might be the GW. That's how I found him, by the way. I just focused my scryings on making the ultimate werewolf team.
And you never scried me. *sniff*

Ok. Our WW kills so far have been Volo on Night One, Mac and Ka on Night 2. Like I said before, possibly Volo was a GW-hunt kill but not I think the second two.
Also, I've read through the rules and I don't see if the EW is told if the reason the kill has been unsuccessful. A non-kill could be a Ranger protect, after all.
I still think my theory could hold.

Rikae running away without answering my question or even saying why she won't answer it, is worrying me.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #738
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Look, if Rikae knows that Legate is the EW, not a wolf, then I don't want to lynch him. He won't die, and it will just take up our llynch space so that we don't lynch a wolf.

But if Legate is a wolf then we should definitely lynch him.

Unfornately, Rikae didn't specify. And she didn't tell us why she revealed. Was she in danger? I haven't finished reading through the thread yet....

Old 06-07-2008, 11:23 AM   #739
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I don't see a reason to hide the EW's identity from us, I mean, there can be no duel before tomorrow but that doesn't mean you can't tell us who the EW is?
Actually, there's a darn good reason not to tell us if she knows.

Which is why, from her hints that she has found the EW, I suspect that she has, in fact, not found the EW.

And also suspect that she's not telling the truth about being the GW.

Why reveal now? I'm going over and over it, and it isn't making sense to me.

If you really know the EW already, why not hold your tongue and try to get the drop on him tomorrow?

But now the EW will know it's the last chance he has tonight. And what if the night goes well for him? Then he knows precisely who to challenge.

No, no, no... I'm sitting here at home, and in front of me is a chart with listed behaviors of the EW and GW- things they would and wouldn't do in specific situations.

And Day 3, down a gifted, revealing, and even hinting that you know the EW... that definitely does not match up with my list. I am severely confused.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #740
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Roa, she did specify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
EDIT: X'd with Roa and Diamond. Legate is a wolf.
And I see Legate is here, but doesn't know he's been put on the chopping block. Awkward.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #741
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And you never scried me. *sniff*
I was too afraid you'd be scried by the GW in the same night that I scried you. (Which would lead to everyone knowing who I am.) You were simply too desirable early on. And later on, I was distracted by Gurthang's lynch list.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #742
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Unfornately, Rikae didn't specify. And she didn't tell us why she revealed. Was she in danger?
Ah, Roa is suspicious too! I'm feeling even better about my suspicions.

And further slanting me is the fact that I have been feeling Legate as strongly innocent. No, no... I've got to think.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #743
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Rikae running away without answering my question or even saying why she won't answer it, is worrying me.
Rikae's entire point in revealing as the GW, so far, seems to be to get Legate lynched.

Which... seems like a bad reason to reveal, to me. Sorry to question you, Mumsie. But is Legate that important that you had to out yourself? Or were you afraid of the EW challenging you before you could direct the village? Or... well why the heck did you reveal and then leave until the DL? You know we're just going to have tons of questions for you.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #744
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roa, she did specify:

And I see Legate is here, but doesn't know he's been put on the chopping block. Awkward.
Ah, I didn't see the cross post edit. Thank you.

That is awkward.

Hmm... Rikae is as sneaky and devious as I am, but while I know I would totally pull this stunt as the EW, I'm not so sure about Rikae. We have different ideas on what's bold and what's insane....

Old 06-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #745
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
You were simply too desirable early on

But come on villagers, seriously, we need to debate this situation. Looks like both Roa and phantom are as puzzled as me. Anyone else around? What do y'all think?

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-07-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: X-posted with Di, who also looks puzzled.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #746
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'd like to get Legate's take on all this, actually.

If he's an innocent being set up by a lying Rikae, then I suspect we'll be getting an impassioned defense.

I'm not so sure what he'd do as a wolf, though. It might be reason to clam up and not say too much more, as anything he says from now on can (and will) be held against his fellow wolves or the EW. Just a guess.

So..... Legate?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #747
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait! Do you think that the EW may have scried Rikae last night? If her identity is already known, that also means that there was no wolf turned last night. And she would have no reason to hide. Which means if Legate is a wolf and we lynch him, the wolves will be down significantly.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #748
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Lommy

I've read most of the posts today but probably not the last 30 or 40. Anyway, I've been showing my home as we are trying to sell it. Lommy seems a bit off lately but the impression I'm getting is that something is up with Rikae and/or Lommy. I've been going with gut a lot more than hard rationality.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #749
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morm, you really should have caught up first. We've had some... interesting developments.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #750
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I felt the need to say this real quickly-

If this is a bluff, GW, do not take the bait and reveal! Not unless you really honestly feel like you are ready. This might be a ploy set up the Night before by the EW to get the GW to reveal. Perhaps the EW told his WW Rikae, "If this person or this person looks like they're headed for a lynching, reveal as the GW and get Legate lynched."

Which of course means that Rikae might be a WW and even know the identity of a WW or two! In which case we should not lynch her! We should give the GW the opportunity to scry her and turn her back to the good side.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #751
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
means that there was no wolf turned last night
Roa, read the narration. Four wolves killed last night.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #752
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At the same time, if Rikae IS the GW, and was scried last night, then she already knows our odds are good. Really good. If we get a wolf today.

Ugh, my brain is foggy from medication. Can anyone work out those numbers? (Not phantom because I still think he's a wolf.)

Edit: Cross posted. You're right Lal. Then it really doesn't make sense.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #753
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
And also suspect that she's not telling the truth about being the GW.
There IS a chance she could be doing this just to out the Good Wizard. As a wolf or the EW. I mean, let's take the assumption that she is lying.

-- Her whole reason, it would seem, for claiming to be the GW, is so we'll obey her and lynch Legate.

-- She is, obviously, giving us no direction beyond that.

-- Does a GW gain more or lose more by outing herself just to catch one little wolfie?

-- Who was garnering lots of suspicion ANYWAY?

-- But a Bad Momma could achieve a lot by claiming to be the GW, telling the village who to lynch. The GW is then forced to consider letting a (presumably) innocent Legate die, or reveal.

-- It's a lose lose situation for the village, if this is the case.

-- So, since a false reveal is a bad thing for the village, it's a distinct possibility that it might (or has) happened.

Wow. Sorry Rikae, but as of right now, I DON'T know what to do. Should I trust you? Who else do I trust? Even if you're lying, I really don't think the GW is going to reveal... e might be willing to sacrifice Legate. So we seem to be on our own trying to figure this out.

Quote:
No, no, no... I'm sitting here at home, and in front of me is a chart with listed behaviors of the EW and GW- things they would and wouldn't do in specific situations.
Is this a color coded chart, by any chance?

Hey, it's me, I have to make some jokes even in the heat of Day 3.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #754
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Roa. Please listen.
Rikae could not have been scried last night.
There were four wolves in the narration. The EW has not found the GW, either by wolf or by scrying. That is one of the reasons why it is so weird that Rikae has revealed.

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-07-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: X posted with Roa, in which case sorry for sounding impatient
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #755
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Ironic, but not at all suspicious, eh?
Last time I self-voted, I got lynched for it. Now there's nothing new under the sun.

That's ok. I'm the GW, anyhow - so you really couldn't lynch me.
Yes, nothing new. In fact, the first idea I got when seeing it (and when seeing this post of yours) was: I should vote her. But that's just plain silly. Just why are you doing that???

Quote:
Hmmm...very odd. I am ready to believe that Rikae is telling the truth, in that she would be a likely wizard.

But why would the GW declare now? She is a team member down, and as I've proved earlier, the EW hasn't found her yet.
"Proved", hrm (said Glóin). But yes, what you ask has its sense. Rikae?

Quote:
No, seriously, though, lynch Legate. He's evil.
And why aside from that? And what puzzles me the most is why should a GW do that, and such...

Quote:
Rikae, I'm assuming that your seer dreamed him?

And phantom wasn't evil when your seer dreamed him? When was that?
So what, Rikae? You say your Seer dreamt of me? Because if so, then my view of you is clear.

Quote:
Also - sorry to leave you folks in the lurch like this, but I have to go out and won't be back until shortly before DL. You know what to do.
That's too bad. Because I wanted to know what's up.

Quote:
Rikae, you haven't answered my question. And unless you do, I won't know what to do. I just think its weird that the GW would reveal now and I want to know the reason. Sorry.
Yes, my words.

Quote:
Legate, have you been killing off our family? You are SO grounded.
No way, mum.

Quote:
Look, if Rikae knows that Legate is the EW, not a wolf, then I don't want to lynch him. He won't die, and it will just take up our llynch space so that we don't lynch a wolf.

But if Legate is a wolf then we should definitely lynch him.

Unfornately, Rikae didn't specify. And she didn't tell us why she revealed. Was she in danger? I haven't finished reading through the thread yet....
Well, that's really it. But she's gone. In any case, even if she is the GW, she could not have dreamt of me (or her seer or what). I am normal ordo, so if she thinks I'm evil, she must think so only on her belief, not knowledge.

Quote:
I'd like to get Legate's take on all this, actually.

If he's an innocent being set up by a lying Rikae, then I suspect we'll be getting an impassioned defense.

I'm not so sure what he'd do as a wolf, though. It might be reason to clam up and not say too much more, as anything he says from now on can (and will) be held against his fellow wolves or the EW. Just a guess.

So..... Legate?
Yes, you see. I was responding this post-by-post as I read, you see my meaning. Posting this now, hope not to crosspost with many meanwhile. Here it goes...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #756
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, here are the possibilities:

A. Rikae is telling the Truth. Legate is guilty. We should lynch him.

B. Rikae is lying. Legate is innocent. If we lynch him and he we find this out, then we will know for certain that Rikae is evil. GW and her crew can handle it that Night, or we can handle it the Next Day.

C. Rikae is lying about being the GW, but not about Legate. We should lynch him because we have a wolf.

If Legate is a wolf, then we can't know if A or C is correct. However, if he is innocent, then we get a definite answer on Rikae.

Sorry, my dear boy, but you've been Naughtily killing off our family. Shame on you.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #757
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Roa. Please listen.
Rikae could not have been scried last night.
There were four wolves in the narration. The EW has not found the GW, either by wolf or by scrying. That is one of the reasons why it is so weird that Rikae has revealed.
Yes, Lal, I heard you. You're right. My med-fogged brain is moving a little slowly at the moment, but you're right. The GW could not have been scried last Night.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #758
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nilp for Rikae
Lhuna for Sally
Izzy for Di
Rikae for Rikae
morm for Lommy

Hmm... that last vote was unexpected. I guess morm is a bit busy.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #759
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, summa summarum: Rikae left us a nice parting gift by disappearing and leaving us to deal with the confusion she caused in the hours before she returns. How nice of her. Of course from my personal stance I am inclined to think she's up to no good, had she said explicitely why she thinks that I am evil, I will be more sure on where to put her (like I said, if she is going to say that her Seer saw me, then it's clear she lies). I would say... well, there it is, she isn't around. If she were around, we could question her, eventually lynch her if she looked guilty, whatever. This way... this way the only think we can do, concerning her case, is waiting. Otherwise... well, if she were the GW, she could be probably challenged toMorrow. I'd guess if she is a Wolf, f.ex. she may have been instructed by the EW to impersonate GW toDay (or thought of that herself). That would make sense in order to frame someone, thus gain one day more (if she succeeded), simply a form of tactic. I don't think she'd be the EW, why would she reveal, right... Or could she, for some reason? Only if she knew she is known, or something like that, which I find improbable.
What else? My thoughts are somewhat unsystematic now. We can focus on something else while she's away. It is also possible she is EW and thinks I am a Gifted and wants me lynched. Or that I am GW (I still don't get why the EW should want to know who the GW is, but anyway - if the wolves had a good starting position, she could choose to). Or then, also one variant, that she were a GW and thought I am EW and wanted to use the lynch to find out. But now I should not have said that as she can say that was what she meant. Well then she should believe me when I say I am innocent. Anyway.
That would be probably it, ladies and gentlemen, the referee thanks you for your attention.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #760
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Or we could all do as Rikae suggests and vote for her.
Then we don't waste a possible innocent, and we'll know if she's a wizard or not. She's either telling the truth or she's on the evil team. Either way it doesn´t matter if she´s lynched.