The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Scent of a half-orc

http://www.kawaiianpunch.com/2011/04...only-1750.html

This is a random website that somehow appeared on my page, and I thought I should post it here for everyone to laugh.

Quote:
In order for the perfume to sell, it must embody- or at least be branded with- something that the average would want to emulate.
Like an orc?

Quote:
If you've ever wondered what an orc, half-elf, paladin, or neutral alignment smells like, then today is your lucky day!
The "neutral alignment" sounds like WW (well, more like the rules to it, on the sticky thread).

And, to cap it off,

Quote:
And who wouldn't want to smell like these fancy gentlemen?
I had a laughing fit over this.

Anyway, read for yourself, I won't ruin it anymore for you.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Perfumes for D&D geeks?

Oh my goodness, who buys that???

Although my second thought that these would be hilarious gifts for geeky friends...

Anyway, it's also worth a laugh to follow a link to the online store the article discusses and scroll down the page to see the selection and the description of the scents. Anyone here who would like to buy a perfume with halfling scent - porridge, kukui nuts and pastry crumbs?

And that's not even tho worst or the funniest. Gosh these things must smell ghastly!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh my goodness, who buys that???
I think it's only a mock advertisement, but it's still funny.

Quote:
Anyway, it's also worth a laugh to follow a link to the online store the article discusses and scroll down the page to see the selection and the description of the scents. Anyone here who would like to buy a perfume with halfling scent - porridge, kukui nuts and pastry crumbs?
My favourite is the Dwarf one - Iron filings and chips of stone, Styrian Golding hops, and soot-covered leather! How mad a fanatic one should be in order to actually use that?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Some of them are hilarious...Fighter sounds like it would smell disgusting though: Leather, musk, blood, and steel.

Elf doesn't sound half bad though...Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

The site is rather interesting. They also have scents inspired by Alice in Wonderland, The Seven Sins, Dorian Gray, and The Last Unicorn, to name a few.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Eau de Gobelin the new fragrance from Estee Mordor.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Should the Downs capitalise on this idea with Scent of narfforc?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Parfum de Bog from narfforc.................(there is a play on words for those in the know)
Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
bauer5152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I think it's only a mock advertisement, but it's still funny.

My favourite is the Dwarf one - Iron filings and chips of stone, Styrian Golding hops, and soot-covered leather! How mad a fanatic one should be in order to actually use that?

I also think so.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction