The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 02:10 PM   #681
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
GaladrileoftheOlden, hehe, I don't mean STICKY syrup, but like golden color.
Oh... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Alright, I was getting a bit worried there, as my hair's not all that great, but it's not sticky. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And it's not blonde either, though that might be nice... you're off there.
I imagine Arafangwen as her avatar, even though she already said she didn't look like that...
I imagine Trippo as a rather large hippopotamus, constantly getting stuck in chandeliers... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #682
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

I imagine myself looking like that too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2003, 01:31 AM   #683
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Since no one else seems inclined to guess, I'll own up.

Quote:
dark brown hair, slightly past your shoulders, brown eyes, and mayhap a few freckles?
Not quite. Dark blond hair, not quite to my shoulders, not a few freckles, a lot of them, and my eyes change color according to mood. Sometimes they're green, sometimes brown, on a few rare occasions they've been almost blue.

Helka, I picture you as a character in Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald-Mage. Black hair, pale skin, and silver eyes. Yes, silver eyes. Not too tall, very fine-featured. I've always pictured Vanyel as looking quite a bit like your avatar, so that's how I picture you. Also, you and Van have similar...never mind. *blushes*

The Barrow-Wight I picture as a tall, imposing figure, but I'm not really sure of the gender. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Yay! I'm a Wight!

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 05-26-2003, 04:43 AM   #684
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*Meela has one purple eye and one silver eye, blue hair with violet streaks, silver skin, and an electric blue gown to match her electric blue ankle boots. And a silver cat on her shoulder.*
Old 05-26-2003, 07:06 AM   #685
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Sting

Meela I always imagined you as having very fine black hair to your shoulders, blue eyes and very pale skin. I imagined you to be kind of short 5'1 maybe...and I always imagine you with a cloak... (??)

I imagine The Barrow White as being very tall and relatively thin. But I've seen his picture so now I KNOW what he looks like. ^_^

Oddwen I always imagine with long brown hair, green or blue eyes. Tall. Very Hyper. Hehe.

(Mind has gone blank...only just got up...)

Yours always

~Naurwen
Old 05-26-2003, 10:33 AM   #686
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great guess, nice idea! Black hair... have you seen The Mummy Returns by any chance?

(I hope nobody's actually listening to the silver/blue blarg i schpeeled off back there... that's just how I'm gonna look [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

I'm not actually a cloak person, and I'm rather more tall. But yes, I am deadly pale.

Hey... black hair, blue eyes, pale skin... I'm Griiiimaaaaa!!! Yesss!!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:24 AM   #687
Tinuviel Took
Wight

Tinuviel Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I imagine Trippo as a rather large hippopotamus
I felt I must add that while my impression was the same, to me that's one of the nicest impressions any BDers have given off. Hippopotami are one of my faverite animals. I have endured endless chiding from my younger sister that "Hippos are large dangerous animals they can not be cute little things that are fun to watch" Anyway I like your new picture(I liked the old one too).
Old 05-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #688
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Ah ha! I have found another thread, rather older thread, which talks of the appearances of the Downers- 'I wonder what my fellow barrowdowners look like?' There are some interesting revelations as to the appearances of some who now prefer to remain mysterious...

Here, take a look: I wonder what my fellow barrowdowners look like?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:23 AM   #689
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

Tinuviel Took, you are so right hippos are awesome! Along with penguins and zebras but thats something else entirley. I am glad you like my avatars all thanks to my good buddy.

P.S. I think I will switch to the mug of beer. I dont really like the ring anymore. Is this okay with everyone?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:32 AM   #690
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Switch away Trip dear! I like the mug, goes better with the hippo I think. May be just me though...

Amanaduial the Archer - Dark brown hair, almost black, mid-back to shoulder length. Grey blue eyes, and fair skin. Shortish, perhaps around 5'4", slender, and a sweet smile. Any good?

Trippo the Hippo - A hippo with lovely light blue-green, almost sea colored skin, with perky cute ears, and wide chocolate brown eyes. A wide grin, and very even, white teeth. Likes wearing top hats when going out on the town. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]
Old 05-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #691
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

If anyone has not read my description please do me! Or even if you have it was very limited. Please- I like to know how I seem.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-28-2003, 11:53 AM   #692
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

All right...

Lyra Greenleaf - Straight medium brown to dark brown hair, about shoulder to mid-back length, with blond highlights. Around average height, perhaps 5'6". Thin, but not very thin, and slightly darker than fair skin. Blueish eyes, and a Mona Lisa like smile, very enigmatic and mischieveious. Close, or totally off?

Does someone have a guess for my appearance?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:35 PM   #693
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
I have found another thread, rather older thread, which talks of the appearances of the Downers
That thread goes a ways back. I clicked on it and didn't even realize that I had once posted there. Well, I've changed since then anyways, being a year older and all. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 08:24 AM   #694
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Same. Plus, I've grown! Now that is incredible...
Old 05-29-2003, 10:41 AM   #695
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nil, I've just seen your pic, and you look nothing like I expected! Ok, so you are blonde, but still. You look much older than I imagined, or was it just one of those photos? (I mean that in a good way, by the way. Not you look older than I imagined in a mean way. *digs herself into oblivion*

Has anyone else been shocked by members pics? (I didn't really think that question was worth a whole new thread)
Old 05-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #696
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

I would like to see what you looked like, Lossie. I currently have you looking like your avatar, which isnt a bad thing I suppose. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I have had mine taken off the site though- twas cruelty, what with all the younger generation coming through here, to expose them to that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I was surprised by a few people- Burrahobbit was nothing like what I thought he would look like, and neither was Raefindel and Mark12_30.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #697
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

I was shocked by the pictures of everyone I'd ever had an image of except Brinniel. Some pictures shocked me more than others.

I can still see your picture there, Aman.

And I have to say that Faye Took reminds me of Pheobe on "Friends", though Faye is probably a lot smarter.

Lossen's picture was in the old Imladris, and it might be on the new as well. Try "London TV!!!"

~ Elentari II

~ Elentari II
Old 05-30-2003, 12:20 AM   #698
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Also, I have to ask - Helka, did you supply one or two photos? I'm sure your answer will interest everyone, which is why I'm not asking via PM.

~ Elentari II
Old 05-30-2003, 05:02 AM   #699
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Its still there? *sigh* Ah well. The children cannot be saved.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:12 AM   #700
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Bekah - Mildly blond, with midback length hair, and blue grey eyes. Average height, thin, and fair skin. Close?

Does anyone have any guesses for me? Or am I just doomed to life as a faceless firework avatar? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:24 AM   #701
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I don't have a very clear mental image of you, but for some reason I see you with hair that is either that really nice dark red color, or pitch black. But not many people have hair either of those colors, so I'm probably dead wrong [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #702
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Quote:
Helka, I picture you as a character in Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald-Mage. Black hair, pale skin, and silver eyes. Yes, silver eyes. Not too tall, very fine-featured. I've always pictured Vanyel as looking quite a bit like your avatar, so that's how I picture you. Also, you and Van have similar...never mind. *blushes*
Is there something you want to tell me? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Also, I have to ask - Helka, did you supply one or two photos? I'm sure your answer will interest everyone, which is why I'm not asking via PM.
Yep. I sent the second one and asked Alkoonion to replace the old one. But appearently he thinks I'm pretty enough to have two spaces on his wonderfull site [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Do me! Do me! (guessing what I look like you pervert [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-30-2003, 10:35 AM   #703
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

Quote:
Trippo the Hippo - A hippo with lovely light blue-green, almost sea colored skin, with perky cute ears, and wide chocolate brown eyes. A wide grin, and very even, white teeth. Likes wearing top hats when going out on the town.
Oh that is good stuff Hirilaelin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just out of curiosity, do I seem to be english? I am just a east coast Jersey boy, but I do at times go to my little world where I am a english chap, and I drink some tea with The Sauce Pan Man.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:36 AM   #704
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
But appearently he thinks I'm pretty enough to have two spaces on his wonderfull site
Helkahothion, you sent them in under different names, Helkahothion and Anuion Son of Helkahothion. Besides, why dont you tell Alk that the Anuion...etc one is from Bree?

EDIT: The Saucepan Man is English?

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:38 AM   #705
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
I am just a east coast Jersey boy
You're a boy? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:44 AM   #706
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Trippo, I somehow thought of you as Australian... don't know why, so don't ask. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #707
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hm....

Helkahothion- I'll say what I thought of you before I saw your pic; but I wasn't far off.
Actually, I pictured you looking like Rath, a character in a manga series I'm reading: dark hair, dark eyes, tall, sharp features; a strange sense of humor, and somewhat violent. Oh, and sarcastic. You can't forget the sarcasm. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 11:00 AM   #708
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

Quote:
EDIT: The Saucepan Man is English?
I belive I saw him saying that he was once. But it doesn't matter if he isn't because its my fantasy world. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
You're a boy?
Yes sorry to tell you like that Helka. You will get over it after the intial shock is done.

Quote:
Trippo, I somehow thought of you as Australian... don't know why, so don't ask.
Ok I wont ask you, though I have asked myself over and over in my head. Was it my accent. lol.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #709
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
I don't have a very clear mental image of you, but for some reason I see you with hair that is either that really nice dark red color, or pitch black. But not many people have hair either of those colors, so I'm probably dead wrong
*sigh* I wish I had hair either of these colors, but it's just plain old brown, though people have called me a red-head before.

Well Trip, I've had people mistake me for and Englishman, either that or from Canada. They think I talk strangely for an American. Probably because I do talk in a rather British style, though without the accent. Lot's of books, and almost no TV can do that to ya. BTW, glad you liked the description, and I knew that you're a boy, even before you said so! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helky - Can't believe I went this long without doing a description for you... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I keep thinking of you as your current avatar, but I'll take a guess! Short dark brown hair, so dark as almost to be called black, but its not, spiked, little darker than fair skin, not too tall, maybe a little taller than average, Pretty thin, and dark green-grey eyes. So, am I totally off or what? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 12:06 PM   #710
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

Yes I am sure you did Hirilaelin, but somehow a few of my 127 post got past Helka. Those posts must be the ones revealing my gender.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:13 PM   #711
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Quote:
Is there something you want to tell me?
Not particularly. Reread Elven Haters? in the Movies forum for that. *blushes again, very red.*

Hirilaelin, um, I sort of see you as rather tall, constantly smiling, with brown hair (because you told us that) and gray eyes. Also, for some reason, a very Roman nose. (Go figure.)

Gorothlamothiel: Medium length black hair, piercing gray eyes, and something of a haunted expression. (That's from Soronume in the Green Dragon.) Very tall, though bent a little, as though carrying a heavy burden. (Also Soronume.) And when you smile, there is still a sadness in your eyes. I'm probably totally off, but that's how i picture you.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:21 PM   #712
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Oddwen: wacky smile, blonde hair, grey eyes...

~Menelien

PS, Happy eleventy first post, Tinuviel! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 12:21 PM   #713
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

I really can not resist. Happy eleventy-one Tinuviel [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Trippo The Hippo ]
Old 05-30-2003, 12:28 PM   #714
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

(A gross is 144, I believe [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Or maybe too little sleep does things to my brain, in which case I apolgize.)

Mithadan- one of those people in masks in movies so you can never really see them.

~Menelien

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-30-2003, 01:04 PM   #715
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

1420!

Oh you are so right. I forget that Frodos age was put in there. oh poop!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:14 PM   #716
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Quote:
Nil, I've just seen your pic, and you look nothing like I expected! Ok, so you are blonde, but still. You look much older than I imagined, or was it just one of those photos? (I mean that in a good way, by the way. Not you look older than I imagined in a mean way. *digs herself into oblivion*
Hmm ok I understand what you are saying… you thought I was younger!!! Nope it was not one of those photos… I do look 18-19 ish don’t I? (please say I do.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 PM   #717
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Quote:
They think I talk strangely for an American. Probably because I do talk in a rather British style, though without the accent. Lot's of books, and almost no TV can do that to ya.
*ahem* Just one bally second there, old bean, old chap, old fellow, are you saying something about the bally English then, eh? Speak up sah!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:22 PM   #718
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Helky - Can't believe I went this long without doing a description for you... I keep thinking of you as your current avatar, but I'll take a guess! Short dark brown hair, so dark as almost to be called black, but its not, spiked, little darker than fair skin, not too tall, maybe a little taller than average, Pretty thin, and dark green-grey eyes. So, am I totally off or what?
Very scary. You are right. Only the dark eyes. The rest is correct.

Ehm Aman, watch your grammer please [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 05-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #719
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Hirilaelin, um, I sort of see you as rather tall, constantly smiling, with brown hair (because you told us that) and gray eyes. Also, for some reason, a very Roman nose. (Go figure.)
Wow! Almost spot on! But I don't know what a Roman nose is... Does it mean large? I have a largish nose. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Happy eleventy-first post Tinu!

Quote:
*ahem* Just one bally second there, old bean, old chap, old fellow, are you saying something about the bally English then, eh? Speak up sah!
Beware the wrath of Aman! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No, I do not have one single thing against the English, I love the English. I reason I said that is that in my lovely nation (America), TV watching has taken over much of the reading going on. So, I grew up reading, therefore, my speech was not patterned after the speech I heard on TV, but after the books I read. And, I must say, I read a lot of English books, or at least books by English authors.

Quote:
Very scary. You are right. Only the dark eyes. The rest is correct.
Ooh! And I didn't even look at your piccy or anything! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Maybe I have ESP... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2003, 02:02 PM   #720
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, this is fun! I'm afraid I'll humiliate someone if I describe them. I have a horrible problem with telling gender from these names. Then, Piosenniel, I saw your post, (on the first page) and figured I'd better try.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This can't be a good way to make a first impression. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Piosenniel
Shoulder length, dark brown hair.
brown eyes
straight, white teeth
soft, slightly rounded features
slim, elfin figure
sharp mind riddled with LOTR obsession
friendly, cheerful, supportive
laughs easily

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Arestevana ]

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Arestevana ]
Closed Thread