The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #921
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hahaha.

I think this was well worth waiting for.

I laughed aloud both at Hookbill's pic and sentence, the latter being something I do extremely rarely. Although it's not a blanket, it's a pile of stuff he has brought from M-eBay.
Eönwë's Radagast has a rather nasty-looking mouth! He's funny.
I love both Naz's and Beregond's Radagasts.
Nog's pic is just great. Wonderful. Lovely. Made me laugh aloud really.
Lommy's Gandalfs are cute but look silly.
Also TGEW's Gandalf is cute. He looks ridiculously happy. Sweet.
I loved especially Form's EL guys, although the whole picture was great.
Greenie's pic is yet one that really made me laugh. A Lacoste robe! The wizard's face! Those lovely queer elves! :-D Sweet.
I love the growing tension between Elrond and Celebrian in Ka's pic. And the wizard.
Hmm, Legate's Elrond actually looks a bit like how I imagine Elrond. I find it extremely funny though how Galadriel became Glorfindel.
I had no idea what was happening in Oddwen's pic, as can be seen from my sentence. But all the lords of the free peoples have funny expressions.

Who's going to mod the next one? You can count me in.
I think I could mod one later, but not quite yet.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM   #922
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hilarious.

I think the pictures are all just wonderful. I think people were especially brilliant with facial expressions on this round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Hmm, Legate's Elrond actually looks a bit like how I imagine Elrond.
Yes, he does, that's why I called him ugly...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #923
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*Is dead*... *again*

Eönwë's exercising Wizards were brilliant! (also the mini!Phantom and Alien!)
Formendacil's interpretation caused such madness! That is always good.
Naz's Radagast was FANTASTIC!
Lommy! I have to say Smaug's little hand on the mouse made me laugh an awful lot! As did your Gandalf looking quite upset.
Nogrod, you simply must make that website for real! Bomburiffic!
Sorry, Aganzir, I didn't realise what that stuff was supposed to be... As you can tell. Still, your pictures always amaze me!
Legate, I LOVE your Sauron with his weird tongue thing! Bizarre!
Ka, your picture nearly made me choke on my tic-tacs! Too much Elrond's words just did the trick!
I must say that A Little Green's purple Wizard was something of a surprise!
Oddwen... your Mouth of Sauron... How many cakes did he eat?
Everyone did superb work!

All in all, a fantastic round! I'm all up for another. Anyone want to mod? I'm fine to, but I'd like to leave it open to anyone who wants it!
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #924
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Why can't I ever draw a picture of Elrond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Sorry, Aganzir, I didn't realise what that stuff was supposed to be... As you can tell. Still, your pictures always amaze me!
Haha well that's the point of Paper Telephone. It was much funnier that way than if Gandalf had been seeking comfort in a pile of stuff.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #925
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up

Wow, these were just brilliant, wonderful - this must have been the best PT round for some time. Well, no wonder: it's been quite long since the last one

Anyway, wonderful, everyone, and there's just soo much to the pics that I'll have to look at all of them again, and again probably... (and maybe even again). They're all just too comlex! Great works, really. And I like also how nicely the theme switched during the course of the PT.

And I don't really get what's so ugly about my Elrond, nor what made Galadriel Glorfindel
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #926
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
That was probably the most hilarious one I've seen! Not that it would have been the maddest or anything but the twists and turns were kind of followable but still insane enough. And especially the pics were just awesome!

The middle-finger of Legate's Sauron still haunts me - and Naz's Jumping Jacks or Lommy's mousepad of Smaug's with the "Welcome to Laketown" advertisment really made me laugh as much as Agan's and The Ka's pictures just made me admire their skills!

And as Agan already said, this round even some texts made me laugh. And that is something...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #927
Naz
Shade of Carn Dűm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
That. Was. Brilliant. Quite possibly the best thing i've seen all day... I can't even think of what i'd pick out right now; it was all awesome. The growing tension between Elrond & Celebrian is the first thing that comes to mind. "OMG this cake is so good!" xD Amd Smaug's "Welcome to Laketown" mousepad...

And i'm glad people liked my Radagast. : D
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #928
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Naz's Radagast looks like a happy Buddha I'd hug all day.

Thank you's all around and much more to everyone, especially for patience with my procrastination and scanner problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Ka, your picture nearly made me choke on my tic-tacs! Too much Elrond's words just did the trick!
Thanks. The drawing wasn't much in the way of being unique though. Pallando is an anthropomorphication of the typical 'Constructively Complain Here So We'll Ignore You The Rest of The Month' paper I have to fill out in my Dept. meetings, while being given cake as a gift... Even though we make it.

I really liked the tension factor though. Along with the politico conspiracy and soylent green a la dwarves element, it was a cherry on top.
Elrond and Celebrian just remind me of every seasoned couple I've met or watched, especially when one of them has a 'zanny' idea.

This round was amazing, and probably the best I've seen in awhile.

Also, 'Sooo Bomburific!' is now stuck in my head right alongside Oddwen's 'Loose Weight With Boromir the Disco King!', thanks to Nogrod.

If there is room, I'd definately love to join the next game.

~ 'Soo Bomburific!' Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 10-10-2008 at 08:42 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #929
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thumbs up

My face is so rocked off right now it is not funny. Well, maybe it is a bit funny. Not nearly as funny as anything in this round.

Quote:
Oddwen... your Mouth of Sauron... How many cakes did he eat?
He's just big boned. Hmph.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #930
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wonderful round! Let's have another! I'd love to do it again. I do think that this is my most favourite game of all!
Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #931
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Not sure who's going to mod the next one. If someone else wants to do it, I'd love to be a part of the game. But I don't mind modding again...

- THE Ka
- TheGreatElvenWarrior

- (Hookbill?)
- Lommy
- Eonwe
-
- Aganzir
-
-
-
-

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 10-11-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #932
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
TheGreatElvenWarrior had waited for this moment and as soon as the sky split, she left her note and flew away into a parallel world.
This scared me a bit, my name's not Rose!
Old 10-11-2008, 04:00 AM   #933
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Who's going to mod the next one? You can count me in.
Although... if you would be kind enough not to put me very high up on the list, since I won't be able to do anything next week.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:09 AM   #934
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Count me in, too.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #935
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Et moi, s'il vous plaît... erm... I mean, me too please.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #936
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
And me, too, please... although I was wondering if I couldn't even offer myself as a Mod this time, but not sure if I'd manage all of it...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #937
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And me, too, please... although I was wondering if I couldn't even offer myself as a Mod this time, but not sure if I'd manage all of it...
It's not difficult nor does it consume too much time. It's a lot of fun, really...
Old 10-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #938
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It's not difficult nor does it consume too much time. It's a lot of fun, really...
Okay, then, I could do that for this time, unless somebody else desperately wants to do it...
Old 10-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #939
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Okay, then, I could do that for this time, unless somebody else desperately wants to do it...
Good on you Legate! I look forward to the insanity that is sure to ensue.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #940
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Good on you Legate! I look forward to the insanity that is sure to ensue.
Hope it will be so But come on, people, sign up! What's taking so long?
Old 10-12-2008, 03:31 AM   #941
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I'm in for the next game, but take into account, that I won't be drawing anything for a week.

---> off to Berlin.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #942
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, an updated list of the poor souls who subscribed:

- THE Ka - draw
- TheGreatElvenWarrior - write
- Hookabilly - draw
- Lommy - write
- Eönwë - draw
- A Little Green - write
- Aganzir - draw
- Volo - write
- Laurinquë - draw
- Nogrod - write
- Form - draw

- THE Ka - write
- TheGreatElvenWarrior - draw
- Hookabilly - write
- Lommy - draw
- Eönwë - write
- A Little Green - draw
- Aganzir - write
- Volo - draw
- Laurinquë - write
- Nogrod - draw
- Form - write

Okay, there is still space for some others, and also let me put forward the quetstion whether you people prefer once again doing a double round or just a single for this time. Personally, I have no problems with a double round, but all depends on you.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-14-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #943
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Okay, there is still space for some others, and also let me put forward the quetstion whether you people prefer once again doing a double round or just a single for this time. Personally, I have no problems with a double round, but all depends on you.
Doubleses! We wantss them!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #944
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Doubleses! We wantss them!
Pointssies taken. ( ) Depends also on others, nasssty hobbits.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #945
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dűm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ah, an opening! At last!

May I have the honor of joining?
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #946
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Ah, an opening! At last!

May I have the honor of joining?
You finally joined! My work is done.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #947
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Done. Welcome aboard, Lauri! Still some space for others... I will then post the complete list with who and when is going to draw etc. - And unless there are objections, I will make it a double-round then...
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #948
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm becoming addicted to this... too much fun this is.

So count me in as well Legate.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #949
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

As soon as one more person joins, we may start and I will send the opening sentence to Ka. Looking forward to it...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #950
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
we may start and I will send the opening sentence to Ka. Looking forward to it...
... I'm horrible at beginning conversations, just to warn you.

Naz should join the lot of us loonies this round, if it's no trouble. Pleassse?

~ King of Hearts Ka
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #951
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
If there's still an open slot, I'd also be happy to put my name in. This was too much fun and a simpler time commitment than most activities around here.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #952
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well hurrah and huzzah! Lets get this shin dig on the road and count as many hens as we can before they hatch on our parade.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #953
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Okay, that settles it! Let's roll!

- THE Ka - draw
- TheGreatElvenWarrior - write
- Hookabilly - draw
- Lommy - write
- Eönwë - draw
- A Little Green - write
- Aganzir - draw
- Volo - write
- Laurinquë - draw
- Nogrod - write
- Form - draw
- Naz - write
- Runne - draw

- THE Ka - write
- TheGreatElvenWarrior - draw
- Hookabilly - write
- Lommy - draw
- Eönwë - write
- A Little Green - draw
- Aganzir - write
- Volo - draw
- Laurinquë - write
- Nogrod - draw
- Form - write
- Naz - draw
- Runne - write

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-19-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #954
Naz
Shade of Carn Dűm

Aw, darn. Am i too late, then?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #955
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Unfortunately, looks like it You see, for PT, one has to watch constantly and jump in line as soon as the sign-ups start, there's always lot of people interested So... Unless somebody would switch with you, or unless we found yet another person and made the list two people longer. But I am not sure if that won't be making it too long - but if others didn't object... but in any case, we'd need another person beside you to make the number of people right.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #956
Naz
Shade of Carn Dűm

Ahh, ok, i see. I'll just wait for the next round, then. :}
Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #957
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Unfortunately, looks like it You see, for PT, one has to watch constantly and jump in line as soon as the sign-ups start, there's always lot of people interested So... Unless somebody would switch with you, or unless we found yet another person and made the list two people longer. But I am not sure if that won't be making it too long - but if others didn't object... but in any case, we'd need another person beside you to make the number of people right.
If it is such a great problem, then maybe one should introduce a rotation system. . .

Anyways I could be the second person if you decide to expand it.
(I must remember to buy some paper then)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #958
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I think we should add Naz and Rune. The longer, the better.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #959
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, okay, if you are both still interested, I will add you then, and so you, Rune, better buy some paper Otherwise, if anybody has any objections against making it too long, just say so. But I think two people more isn't that much a deal... besides indeed, the longer, the funnier it can be!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #960
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I think we should add Naz and Rune. The longer, the better.
Indeed!

(Also, sorry for the wait. I switched computers this week.)

~ Ka