The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #561
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I still think today would be a good time to get some real, concrete information by lynching one of our ghosts, but apparently I'm in the minority about that, and we almost certainly don't have enough time to make that happen.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #562
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Since Gwath and Sally are missing, it's almost entirely up to you now, Shasta.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #563
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I don't know if the choices would be that beneficial...I really do think Mira would, but Rikae's got a point that it could just be a red herring that ends up being a mess. And also, if we really considered being 'up' for the wolve's no kill, than that won't change in the future. Plus, we could even get more of an advantage if the Ranger protects someone, or our Hunter kills someone.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #564
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, rubbish. I've quoted all these posts and for some reason it didn't save stuff.

I know Nerwen (or at least I think it was Nerwen) asked for an explanation regarding my behavior yesterDay. Simple. I was going to simply take a nap and then come back and change my vote (as I mentioned before I headed off for said nap) but I ended up....well, suffice to say I got very ill and wasn't able to make it back to my computer. I would have retracted before I went to bed but I thought I'd be back before deadline and I thought if I did sleep through deadline I didn't want to have another Day without a vote, as then I'd....well, you know, die.

Shasta still wants to kill a ghost, but I'm leaning toward siding with him at this point. Before it seemed like a diversion tactic (being so early in the game and all) but I'm not sure it's a bad idea now. I want to keep an eye on him, but I think I will in fact leave him alone.

Gosh, he must be loving all the attention from me.

Okay, so I'm not completely single-minded, I've been getting strange vibes from Dun. Gwath has struck me as awkward, but I never get a good read on him. Then again....bah I'm torn on voting him because I know that it would partially be to save myself. Then again I know that I'm not a wolf, whereas I dont' know what he is, and I'm not willing to take that risk.

I'll vote in a minute, and once again I apologize for my absense. Busy weekend.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #565
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Kills a mutineer I should clarify
Old 06-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #566
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There are, of course, pros and cons to any plan. In hindsight, maybe we should wait to lynch A Little Green Ghost if and until we have a competing Seer-claim. I just intensely dislike having no concrete information whatsoever on which to base any decision. The most concrete evidence right now that I can see is that it's possible someone who was inactive or not here for some reason might be responsible for last night's no kill, but that's really close to metagaming and makes me uncomfortable.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #567
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post

Shasta still wants to kill a ghost, but I'm leaning toward siding with him at this point. Before it seemed like a diversion tactic (being so early in the game and all) but I'm not sure it's a bad idea now. I want to keep an eye on him, but I think I will in fact leave him alone.

Gosh, he must be loving all the attention from me.

Okay, so I'm not completely single-minded, I've been getting strange vibes from Dun. Gwath has struck me as awkward, but I never get a good read on him. Then again....bah I'm torn on voting him because I know that it would partially be to save myself. Then again I know that I'm not a wolf, whereas I dont' know what he is, and I'm not willing to take that risk.

Ehhh... Sally, this sort of seems like you know my vote is important to your continued survival, and you're trying to get on my good side, because regardless if you side with me or vote for Gwath, it's going to be partially to save your own skin at this point. I don't know what to think now.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #568
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well it will be a race, to see who can sneak in a last vote, that's for sure. I'm staying with Gwath if it makes any difference.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #569
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That last post made me too suspicious not to vote for you, Sally. Sorry.

++Sally
Old 06-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #570
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Gwath

slow refresh so I'll be back in a minute.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #571
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Belay that talk! Sally will walk the plank.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #572
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 4

Though they had lost Wilwa Scab to Davy Jones, th' crew was quite relieved to find no one else dead. Yet th' day ahead would prove difficult. Th' corpses were pilin' up, 'n some wondered if it'd be best to be rid 'o a ghost to lighten th' load. Yet it was later agreed that it'd be smarter to murder a livin' scallywag 'n give a go' to eliminate th' mutineers since th' death 'o a ghost might be tellin' them nothin'.

By th' end 'o th' day, it came down between Cowerin' Gwath Slasher 'n Legless Sally Dawkins. Th' crew agreed that both had be actin' as quite th' sneaky swabs. But th' opinion 'o which one should die was split below th' middle. In th' end, th' decision was left to Shark Tooth Shasta because after all, he was th' first matey.
"So what's it gunna be, Shark Tooth?" questioned Mac Sparrow.
"Hmmm...." Shasta thought long 'n harrrd. "Okay, Sally Dawkins it be then," he decided.
"No, no, murder Gwath!" protested Sally. "He's just a powder monkey, he be. I be ye carpenter. Ye can't murder me."
But no one would listen to Legless Sally's protests.

"How we murder her?" Shark Tooth Shasta asked his quartermaster.
"Hm, well I be not sure I be needin' to murder her just yet," said Lommy th' Infected. "How 'bout just a punishment fer now? Then we can finish her off later. 'Tis be awhile since I done a good old-fashioned keelhaulin'."
So Short Ruth Mith removed Sally's peglegs 'n tied her up to a rope real tight. Once she was thrown into th' ocean, Inziladun Jones 'n Eön Bloodbeard took turns heavin' th' rope as poor Sally Dawkins was dragged from one side under th' ship to th' other.
"Oh look, a shark," Ham-Hands Izzy observed, pointin' towards th' water. Th' crew watched as th' shark disappeared underneath th' ship.
Another minute went by before Almost-Blind Nerwen spoke up. "Maybe we let her up," she said. "After all, becomin' shark bait be quite a nasty way to be off fer anyone, 'n we don't even be knowin' whether she was guilty."
Th' rest 'o th' crew nodded in agreement 'n they pulled Sally up. But it was too late fer th' carpenter. Th' shark had already gotten to her, 'n now Legless Sally Dawkins was also Armless Sally Dawkins.
"Well at least we won't have to worry 'bout killin' her fer later," commented Quartermaster Lommy.

Th' now-dead Sally Dawkins reawakened, spewin' sea water everywhere. She took notice 'o her missin' arms 'n rolled her eyes.
"Great. Hearty thanks to ye lot," she said sarcastically. "Ye just couldn't murder me th' normal way like ye did fer Slippery McCaber, could ye?" She nudged her head in th' direction 'o th' hempen halter whar McCaber was still swin'in'.
"'O course they couldn't," stated Black Death Brinn from her pike. "If everyone were to dance th' hempen jig, then that'd make me narration dull. Now stop ye complainin'. At least ye still have a body."

Th' crew threw what was left 'o Sally Dawkins next to th' previous day's murder 'n retired fer th' nightfall.
"What happened to ye?" asked High-Pitched Annu, openin' one eye after a long day's nap.
"They took me arms, that's what happened," Limbless Sally replied bitterly. "Now thar be only half 'o me left."
"Yo-ho-ho, I be knowin' what ye mean," Annu mumbled 'n she fell back asleep.

The Living:

-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey ~ drank up all the rum
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker ~ danced her way off the deck
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin) ~ his pur-loined violin pur-loined him
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon ~ halved by her own saw
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook ~ gave her heart to Davy Jones
-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter ~ was shark bait for a day

Night 5 has begun. Gifteds and aggressors, send me your choices.

Last edited by Brinniel; 06-21-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #573
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 5

That nightfall, th' aggressors tiptoed towards their next victim, hopin' to catch him by surprise. But he was a light sleeper. Spottin' his soon-to-be attackers in th' darkness, he let out a shriek 'n hopped out 'o his bunk.
"Ye're here to murder me, aren't ye?" he asked them. "'O course," they replied. "What else would we be doin' here? We're famished fer more blood 'n it be yours we be after."
"Fine then," said th' victim. "But ye'll have to catch me first."

In that instant, th' victim took off runnin' 'n screamin' in terror. Swords in hands, th' aggressors went after him. All through th' ship they ran. Up to th' poop deck, through th' galley, below to th' bilge rat. Finally, th' victim could run no more. Pantin', he collapsed as th' aggressors caught up to him. They didn't even wait fer him to catch his breath, but proceeded to stab him several times 'til he didn't breathe at all. When they were done, th' aggressors snickered 'n ran away.

But th' victim wasn't done yet. Now as a ghost, he stood back up eager fer revenge. He would no longer be a victim, but an avenger. Th' avenger grabbed his sword 'n sought out his own victim 'o choice. He found him quickly, 'n didn't hesitate to point his sword at th' startled scurvy dog's throat.
"What be ye threatenin' at me fer?" asked th' avenger's victim.
"What fer?" th' avenger replied. "Ye killed me! 'An I shall have me vengeance." "Avast, thar, how can ye be sure that I be really be ye killer?"
"Don't ask questions. 'O course I would be knowin' who attacked me. Now I demand a duel." Th' avenger pressed his sword harder against th' other scallywag's throat, drawin' blood.
"Fine then," th' victim growled, unhappy at bein' threatened like so. "Whar do want to do it?"
"On th' poop deck. We can sword fight in th' moonlight."
"So be it. Just let me find me sword first." said th' victim as he scrounged in th' dark.

Everyone continued to slumber, while up on deck a duel began. They clashed their swords, practiced their fancy footwork, 'n did all other sorts 'o impressive stunts. It was great entertainment, which makes it a shame that no one else was thar to watch; even th' dead were asleep. They were an even match. But unfortunately fer th' victim, a ghost be harrrd to murder again, especially a vengeful one. 'An in th' end, th' avenger was th' victor as he plummeted his sword into th' other's chest. So th' avenger's victim joined him among th' ranks 'o th' unquiet dead.

In th' mornin', th' crew was shocked to find not one, but a pair among them had become ghosts overnight. Nogrod 'n Rikae stood on th' poop deck, both locked in an angry death stare, as blood seeped from their stab wounds. They didn't even blink when their fellow crewmembers surrounded them. But why would they? They were dead, after all.

The Living:

-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey ~ drank up all the rum
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker ~ danced her way off the deck
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin) ~ his pur-loined violin pur-loined him
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon ~ halved by her own saw
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook ~ gave her heart to Davy Jones
-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter ~ was shark bait for a day
-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy ~ was never fond of pointy objects
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner ~ had an unfriendly encounter with cold steel

*Reminder: Gender, order of death as listed, etc has no significance and contains no hints.

Day 5 has begun. Start discussing.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #574
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well I guess there goes my first post...
Old 06-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #575
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

You're a first post thief, Boro.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #576
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Check that, I just scrolled to the bottom and saw Nogrod's name...I probably should have checked the narration first.

Edit: crossed with Shasta, haha...if I would have read the narration first you would have stolen it.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #577
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I feel even more gipped now. :[
Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #578
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, you know what? Fourth post is mine! So there!

Now....what the Medusa Cascade is going on here?! Besides, the obvious, that is.

ETA: x'd with Shasta. DANG IT!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #579
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The wolves are being "sneaky" and getting closer and closer to having the upper hand.

That is what is going on.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #580
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Why are people asking what is going on when it is quite obvious?

Either a.) Rikae was the Avenger, as she claimed, and she picked Nogrod, or b.) Nogrod was and he picked Rikae. In the latter case we're down one baddie (not necessarily a mutineer, though); in the former there's no way of telling.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #581
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
The wolves are being "sneaky" and getting closer and closer to having the upper hand.

Meaning...?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #582
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Palantir-Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Why are people asking what is going on when it is quite obvious?

Either a.) Rikae was the Avenger, as she claimed, and she picked Nogrod, or b.) Nogrod was and he picked Rikae. In the latter case we're down one baddie (not necessarily a mutineer, though); in the former there's no way of telling.
That's what I meant by what's going on.

By the way, I'm rather cross that I'm dead. I don't exactly blame you because I was gone most of yesterDay, but still.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #583
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*facepalm*

I pulled a Boro and didn't read the narration. Or see that Rikae had perished.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 PM   #584
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
*facepalm*

So, uh, why did you say anything?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:34 PM   #585
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Now, assuming Rikae was indeed the Hunter, then it looks as if either the wolves felt they could afford to take a risk (i.e. we're doing badly), or they were fairly confident none of them would be picked last Night.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #586
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
To be fair, Nerwen, you could ask Boro the same thing.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #587
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why not say anything?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #588
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
*facepalm*

Hehe. I nearly did the same thing, but I stopped to glare at my own name on the dead list () and noticed there were two below me.

Quote:
Because I'm guessing she did what I sometimes do; looked at the list of the dead and planned to read the narration later.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #589
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
To be fair, Nerwen, you could ask Boro the same thing.
Quote:
Why not say anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Because I'm guessing she did what I sometimes do; looked at the list of the dead and planned to read the narration later.
Guess I didn't make myself clear. Izzy said this:

Quote:

So why say that if you had nothing specific to base it on?
Old 06-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #590
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Guess I didn't make myself clear. Izzy said this:

So why say that if you had nothing specific to base it on?

Ooooh. Erm, whoops?

I think, being dead and all, I'll try to make myself useful to my lovely team and put up a vote count.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 AM   #591
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh Rikae, you fool old beggar! You gave the mutineers a double-kill! What a waste...

But I can confirm her status. She was the avenger because I used to be an ordinary innocent just puffing my pipe in the dead of the Night with the worst hangover ever when she came upon me and ghosted me.

Just a careful suggestion then. She was quite definitively picking Gwath as her suspect yesterDay so one could presume he would be her hunt-target as well? So Gwath is an innocent then? It would have been a risky and idiotic move from the mutineers to try Rikae if Gwath was one of them aggressors.

I'll go sleep rest of my headache away (yeah, ghosts can have headaches too I have learned). I'll hope to skim through the last few Days later on and see if there is anything that catches me eye.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:12 AM   #592
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I was hoping that if they'd go for her, she'd pick Mac. It would have been nice (and romantic besides ). But clearly she did not suspect him strongly enough and I tell you I know Macalaure knew she'd not have the nerve to pick him just yet. Arrr. I'm really really suspicious of Mac right now, he seems to have only gotten worse since I went to bed late yesterDay.

And toDay is darn weird this far. But I think it looks like Izzy is a cobbler, Boro is innocent, Sally was some kind of a baddie and there's no way of knowing about Nogrod or Shasta. (And I'm still considering Nerwen a known innocent.)

I'm off to reread yesterDay's posts that came after I went to bed, I'm sure there was stuff I wanted to comment on.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #593
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But I can confirm her status. She was the avenger
Well, thanks. At least we know one thing for certain.

Quote:
a careful suggestion then. She was quite definitively picking Gwath as her suspect yesterDay so one could presume he would be her hunt-target as well? So Gwath is an innocent then? It would have been a risky and idiotic move from the mutineers to try Rikae if Gwath was one of them aggressors.
Ahem. I think you'll find I beat you to that deduction:

Quote:
Now, assuming Rikae was indeed the Hunter, then it looks as if either the wolves felt they could afford to take a risk (i.e. we're doing badly), or they were fairly confident none of them would be picked last Night.
I wonder if that rules out everyone Rikae strongly suspected... or is that too dangerous an assumption?

EDIT: X'd with Lommy.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #594
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
For what it's worth, Rikae's last vote was for Izzy, though she seemed to be leaning toward a stronger suspicion of Mac.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:26 AM   #595
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

In case anyone wants to lynch a ghost toDay, here's a list:

Known non-wolves (Night-killed)
A Little Green (claimed Protector)
Eomer
Rikae (Avenger) – only ghost whose role is definitely known

Unknown (Lynched/mod-fired/hunted)
McCaber
Mira
Annu
Wilwa
Sally
Nogrod

EDIT: X'd with Zil.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #596
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Hm, this Boro and Mac thing is looking rather wolf-on-wolfish. They argue and almost make a show of distrust while not really going after each other..
I think it looked more like cobbler-on-cobblerish - you know, just causing a mess... But I still it's most likely that Boro is innocent and Mac is a nasty wolf grrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Haha! Now that's a compliment. Actually, if I really am bland and lack opinions, it indeed would usually mean I'm a wolf. That's part of my basic strategy. Since having a flu probably doesn't count as explanation, I guess I can only give you the nearly complete lack of information to deduce anything from. I'll be more edgy eventually, promise.
When I first read this I was like "ick! if that's not wolvish, what is?" and when I saw Rikae's reaction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Wow, that's... just the sort of thing you would say to me as a wolf.
it was the last nail to Mac's coffin for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Spectating it might look evil, I'll give you that...but I was giving her the tp treatment...that is testing to see whether my impression I got where I felt her one post earlier was innocent, was the 'right' impression. And at the same time, trying to prove to her my own innocence, that's what I call the "tp treatment," because essentially that's really the only way I can ever figure out what that man is up to. I have no idea what Lommy wanted to get from it, if anything at all except joking around, she'll have to explain it, but she passed my test.
Well I don't make any schemes, I was mostly just saying stuff that I was thinking about. But yes, I think it was very useful too because it was also kind of investigating how far Boro would go to play my personal psychologist and how he'd do it and I think (I hope! ) he wouldn't have had the heart to go so far if he was evil and knew I was not.

Rikae threatened to take Mac with her. Did Mac guess she'd not do it, was he thinking the risk is worth taking, or is he innocent after all?

I'm mightily amused by the fact that Boro and Mac voted the same person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
To be honest, I'm not sure I see the case on Sally or Gwath. And I really don't feel comfortable that they're our only real lynch possibilities with half an hour till deadline.
If the three of them were wolves together, this would be an incredibly bold thing to say, and I don't think Shasta'd say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Then again....bah I'm torn on voting him because I know that it would partially be to save myself. Then again I know that I'm not a wolf, whereas I dont' know what he is, and I'm not willing to take that risk.
I found this comment extremely weird. What did you mean, Sally?

I don't get why Shasta continues advocating re-lynching Greenie after it was explained by several people how silly it'd be.

And that's it... I think I could make a good old list.

edit: xed with Nerwen x2 and Zil
Old 06-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #597
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
But yes, I think it was very useful too because it was also kind of investigating how far Boro would go to play my personal psychologist and how he'd do it and I think (I hope! ) he wouldn't have had the heart to go so far if he was evil and knew I was not.
That is of course unless he's a wolf who thinks I'm a cobbler, a cobbler who thinks I'm a cobbler or a cobbler who thinks I'm a wolf.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 AM   #598
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
For what it's worth, Rikae's last vote was for Izzy, though she seemed to be leaning toward a stronger suspicion of Mac.
Can you show me where Rikae voted Izzy? I was under the impression that she never switched from her original vote for Gwath.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #599
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
So Gwath is an innocent then? It would have been a risky and idiotic move from the mutineers to try Rikae if Gwath was one of them aggressors.
I'm pretty well convinced Gwath is not a mutineer. If he was, I don't believe he would have missed the vote yesterDay. That doesn't seem like something the baddies can afford at this stage. Co-conspirator makes more sense to me.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #600
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Can you show me where Rikae voted Izzy? I was under the impression that she never switched from her original vote for Gwath.
Ah. You're right. That forehead slapping is contagious toDay.
I was quickly scrolling through looking for her posts and I keyed on the one where she quoted Izzy voting herself.
A cup of coffee is in order now.