The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #281
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
As much as I hate to say this, I think I should just resign. I'm just holding everyone back and making the game less fun. I don't want to do that to you guys.

In order to preserve everyone's sanity, then, I shall step down from the helm of Mount Zoom and offer the driver's position to anybody who wants it.

*takes off Sauron's helmet that she's wearing and puts it on the table*

Hmm. Looks like I had the volume turned up too high. *turns the volume dial from SHOUT to Loud and Intimidating*
Old 06-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #282
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe

Sad to see you go Maeggaladiel, your posts were good when they came.

So, the position of Sauron driving the MIGHTY Mount Zoom is open to anyone who wants to try his or her hand at being a Dark Lord.

Quote:
I think the game should end when three teams have reached the end. Seems fair there should be first, second and third place winners.
I agree.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #283
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
My apologies for our not-quite-so-spirited as usual entry for this challenge. It's a busy time for me, at least, and Spawn warned at the beginning that she'd be busy.

I guess when I signed up in April, I didn't expect things to run this long.

All the same, no apologies for the shortness of our entry. I had the idea in mind for a "Burrahobbit" style entry for a while now- and time constraints or no time constraints, I intended to do it sooner or later. So there.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #284
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I've no problems with your method, as long as you get the challenge done and you think it will win votes, I see no problems.

If I'm honest, I had no idea of how long this game would take when it began! I knew it would probably be lengthy, but so far it has gone on longer than I expected. (I blame these extended deadlines).

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-02-2006 at 10:51 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #285
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Apologies (once again) as I have become busy. My final exams are coming up in a month so it's "crack down time" as we call it and I've gotten busy with a whole bunch of things. I will try to get back to posting, but I don't know how possible that will be. But I don't think it would be a wise decision for me to drop out at the same time as my Master, so I shall stay.

Master, it's sad to see you go. May things get better for you.

So, finishing that off, I'd like to say I NEED A MASTER AND QUICK!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 12:31 AM   #286
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe

Well it is exam time at the moment, so perhaps a break would be wise at some time soon. If those taking exams could inform me of when their last exam will be, I can get an idea of when to set up a little 'pit-stop' for the MZC.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-02-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #287
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Dear, oh dear...

Last day of voting for the Singing Elves Game.

Once this challenge is over, I'm issuing a pit stop. This is because so many are dropping out due to workloads and posts are getting shorter.

The Pit stop will last from June 5th until 1 July.

If anyone objects, do say so. I know a lot of people are on exams at the moment, I am one of these people and can understand that it can be an aggravating time.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #288
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I'm quite sorry. I didn't have any exams, I was just negligent in my duties. So no excuse for me.

Once again, I'm really sorry.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #289
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well, hopefully everyone will be okay after the pit stop.

Anyway, ye voting is finished and closed for the elf challenge!
Here be the results:

Player votes = 2 points
None-player = 1 point

MOUNT ZOOM = 2 votes

Bag-Endless fuel = 1 point

Orth-Tank = 0

Barad-Dash = 0

Medel-zoom = 2 votes

Minas Mor-go = 6 points

Minas Taxi = 0

So, Minas Mor-go is the winner before the pit stop!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #290
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Location Guide

Mount Zoom = South Minhiriath

Bag Endless-fuel = Foot of Blue Mountains

Orth-Tank = South of Fangorn / West Fold

Barad-Dash = South of Angmar

Medul-zoom = North Endwraith

Minas Mor-go = South Minhiriath

Minas Taxi = South of Angmar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Map.jpg (92.0 KB, 274 views)
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #291
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I for one don't like the idea of the pit stop!! We are almost finished with this game and I really don't want to have to wait a whole month to play what...three more challenges max? I say you make one last challenge now and we have the whole month to come up with something and then you can work it out from there as to who wins. I don't want to quit, but a month from now I have no idea what I will be up to and I don't want to have to play again for such a short time. Why don't you wrap this one up then if others want to play again someone can start a new game.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #292
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I say you make one last challenge now and we have the whole month to come up with something and then you can work it out from there as to who wins. I don't want to quit, but a month from now I have no idea what I will be up to and I don't want to have to play again for such a short time. Why don't you wrap this one up then if others want to play again someone can start a new game.
Hmm... Lets take a vote.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #293
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Hmm... Lets take a vote.
Then I vote to wait on it. We have a low number of people participating right now, and it's not going to improve if we rush it, though it might improve if we wait.

And for myself I can only prefer to wait. June is very irregular.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #294
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I'm perfectly fine with a break. I think a lot of people are really busy right now, and even if they aren't, a break might 'rejuvenate' them. It'll be good for the most part. Sorry Valier.

++Pit Stop
Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #295
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I also must vote for

++Pit Stop

For two reasons

a) I don't have a master anymore

b) (RL) My exams are coming up and my time is going to be completely occupied with studying for said exams.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:33 AM   #296
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe

I have to agree that pit stop is needed. Although i will allow posts on the game thread for character development, setting up plans etcetera.
I would end the pit stop sooner, only I do not know when all the exams and that will be finished. My final exam in on 23rd of June, so after that I'm free to begin the game once again. Glirdan, when do you finish?

Moreover, we're still looking for a Dark Lord!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #297
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The official last day is either the 28th or 29th. My teachers are just as confused about as I am in (seriously, our Administration isn't the best in the entire world...) so anytime after the 29th is fine by me.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #298
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Advertisement:

Wanted:
Dark Lord.

Must like evil, darkness, taking over the world and driving giant mountains on wheels.
No time wasters please.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 AM   #299
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I've got a mission trip that starts today; I won't get back from it until the 25th of June.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:04 AM   #300
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Advertisement:

Wanted:
Dark Lord.

Must like evil, darkness, taking over the world and driving giant mountains on wheels.
No time wasters please.

It's possible that I might be able to pick up Sauron's helm again, but I will be unavailable to post for the entire first week of July. No promises though.

But if things work out, then SAURON WILL RIDE AGAIN!!! MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!! *cough hack cough*

We'll see.

But if anyone else would like to take the job, go right ahead!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:13 AM   #301
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I'd be good to have you back Maeggaladiel!

Three days of the Pit stop left, folks! You can still post on the Game thread with how the characters are dealing with it and what they are discussing (or eating in the Hobbit's case).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Refuel.jpg (26.9 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-28-2006 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #302
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'll still be pretty busy this summer, but I'll be posting again within a day or two of the end of the pit stop.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #303
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Well, let’s hope we can get a good last go now!

The Pit stop is over! You can go on now!

The next challenge will be up soon.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:29 AM   #304
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Just notifying you that I will have to be away till the 15th. Alas, too many things to do at the moment and also picked up another injury in my last match... I really need to get myself fit again, its costing the team...

I'm sorry but I'll have to be out of the game till the 15th of July.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:26 PM   #305
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Question

What's the time limit for the latest challenge?

A nice long one would suit me down to the ground. Something like two weeks, perhaps?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #306
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I was going to say that you have until Wednesday. The longer time limits have seemed to cause very lacklustre posts with a good few of the players.

But, if you're desperate for a longer time frame, I'm going to say...

End of this challenge = Friday 7th July.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 07-02-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #307
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

You mean July, right? Because that would mean we get a whole year to post.

Speaking of which, do I have a Master yet? I'd really like to know before I go and post thank you.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #308
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

... Yes, July. Well spotted.

Maeggaladiel will be taking up Sauron again. But for the first week, you're on your own, I'm afraid unless someone pops in to lend a hand. Think of an amusing reason for Sauron to be out of it.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 AM   #309
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Come along, people!

This is a race, you know!

Have you all given up?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #310
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I need a master!! Bah! I'll try and think of something funny to put up...but I won't be able to do that until later...
Old 07-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #311
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have not heard from Boromir88 yet, so I am not sure if we will be done by Friday. I have some ideas, but nothing concrete yet.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #312
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Oh dear, I go away for a few days and utterly miss the next challenge... Sorry about that. Thanks, Sauce, for covering so effectively.

I promise, I'll be here for the next one.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:46 AM   #313
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Seeing as only Bag-endless fuel and Orth tank are done, I'll have to give you an extension on this challenge.

Finish the horse challenge by... Monday 10th July.

By the way, Meneltarmacil, that was pretty hilarious!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #314
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Seeing as only Bag-endless fuel and Orth tank are done, I'll have to give you an extension on this challenge.

Finish the horse challenge by... Monday 10th July.
Oops....

I guess it's my turn to need the extension... time has slipped right by me- and Spawn too, apparently... I'll try to get something up over the weekend... but if not, then I guess we'll well deserve the consequent no points.

Quote:
By the way, Meneltarmacil, that was pretty hilarious!
It was indeed!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:57 AM   #315
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Oops....
I second that.

I'll try to write something later today.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:41 AM   #316
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Oops....
Shall I third that?

I will (hopefully) comeup with something later and post it. However, I must let you all know that sometime this week, the computer is being reformatted. When and how long it will take, I have no clue. Wish I did, but I don't. So, Mount Zoom may be....ummmm, shall ww say, for lack of better words, pit stopped? Sorry everyone!
Old 07-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #317
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Once again, I shall be absent here. This is quite possibly the busiest summer of my life. Sorry to once again leave you... (details in my sig....EDIT: Not anymore.)

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 07-14-2006 at 08:35 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #318
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Ahem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Well, if there are only one or two who are finished by the end of tomorrow, I will extend the deadline, but those who are already finished will get a three point head start in the voting.
Does this still apply with regard to those who managed to meet the original deadline ...?
Old 07-10-2006, 02:30 AM   #319
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Ahem!

Does this still apply with regard to those who managed to meet the original deadline ...?
Yes.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #320
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hmm... We seem to have come to an interesting point...

Mount Zoom = Not Done

Bag Endless-fuel = Done - Horse eating men helped out

Orth-Tank = Done - Narrator convinced to change the plot

Barad-Dash = Not done

Medul-zoom = Not done

Minas Mor-go = Done - Horses turned into Horse wraiths.

Minas Taxi = Not Done

3 are done, yet 4 are not.

So, people, what do we do? I don't want to extend the deadline any further, but if I don't then, I'm afraid, Barrad Dash will be disqualified for failing to complete the last 4 challenges.