The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #401
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I’d say it’s obvious we’re going on to tomorrow
It would seem so. Unfortunately I don't think toDay's votes are going to tell us much.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:00 PM   #402
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Night 4 Begins.

The Day began with sorrow and ended with confusion and a hint of disappointment, depending on who you were rooting for. Upon the death of the Ranger all heck had broken loose. The outlaws had gathered in the center of their camp, surrounded by the empty tents of their deceased friends. Boro spoke to FormerForm and attempted to decryptify his frustratingly vague lines. Meanwhile, the rest of the camp worked on sniffing out a wolf.

Sally’s a wolf,” Morsul said. “And I’ll put my money where my mouth is by voting for her.”

“Agreed, Sally is a wolf,” Kath replied.

“No, no, no, you have all got it wrong. I’m the seer!” Sally cried. “I think Pitch or Morsul could be a wolf!”

“If Sally is the seer I’ll eat my hat,” Kath replied.

“I’ll prove it to you! I dreamed Boro innocent on Night 1, Morsul innocent on Night 2, and Lottie a Ranger on Night 3!”

“Naming innocents is the easier trick in the book for a wolf!” Morsul countered.

“Also...what? How can Morsul be a wolf if you dreamed of him?” Pitch asked, getting suspicious.

“Uhh, no wait, I misspoke!” Sally said backing up slightly.

“Yeah, likely story…” Boro said. “I also vote Sally as a wolf.”

“I am thoroughly confused,” Soriman said, looking off into the deep dark waters of the Tarn Aeluin and wishing he hadn’t come on this blasted journey.

"This is insane and now I am suspicious of Sally," Lommy said.

"So we are in agreement for once?" Pitch asked.

The outlaws faced Sally who was quickly backing away until she could go no further.

"You are all my friends. How could you! Dishonour to you! Dishonor to your cow!"

But her words stopped no one. The outlaws had seen through her games. They stabbed and kicked and axed at her body, revealing claw and fur and cursed black blood.

Suddenly, everyone stopped as thunder rumbled overhead, and they were all sure that in the sounds they could hear ++Brinn - erm, no, that couldn’t have been right. They listened again, and this time, for real, heard a clear ++SALLY. With that sound, Sally breathed her last. They let out a nightly cheer and danced upon her corpse. Even FormerForm danced happily as he faded away with the evening sun.

In the distance the outlaws heard a faint *pop* as the two ModGoddesses popped open a bottle of champagne, knowing that the story would see another Day.

The Living
Boro
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)

Night 4 begins.
Wolves, kill away. Seer, dream away. Everyone else, sleep, if you aren't already.
If it was not clear before, dead wolves may not communicate with living wolves.

Narration was done by the lovely BeiGei.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:11 PM   #403
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY BORO!

DISCLAIMER: this picture is a reference to Boro playing WW and not to his role in the game, do not overinterpret.

Also, if any of you would like to share thoughts about how the Ghost haunting went toDay and if you think the Ghost rules should be modified before the next haunting, please PM me.

And another Also. Please make sure you have space in your PM inbox for communication. That applies to all of you, including Ordos and including Dead people.

Cheers to all. Good Night and Good Luck!
Old 04-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #404
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 4 Begins!

She slept uneasily, constantly tossing and turning. Her dreams were hazy and filled with noise and shadows. The few dim figures she could make out were not very clear and could have been one of multiple people. In the distance, there was a rustling, scratching noise that morphed into sniffing. Sniffing? No! Suddenly, she was wide awake, her heart beating out of her chest.

“Well look who we finally found!” a rough voice rasped.

An ugly werewolf with piercing red eyes and blood caked fur stood over her bed. It growled, “You killed our sister!”

A second one jumped onto the foot of her bed. “We don’t like that very much. Good thing you look tasty or this would take longer than it should.”

But ++Kath had no intention of going down without a fight. She jumped up with a dagger in hand and stabbed the nearest wolf in the arm. It jumped back and howled.

“You might kill me toNight, but I’m going to make you suffer too!” Kath yelled fearlessly, “For Galadriel and BG!”

She swung the dagger at the second wolf, nicking its ear. It ducked under the bed and hissed.

“For Greenie and Form!” the first wolf leaped at her and she dove onto the bed. She slashed wildly.

“And Hui and Lottie!” the smaller wolf jumped onto the bed. It grabbed her feet and dragged her onto the ground.

“You’re going to regret ever coming into this camp!” Kath yelled, slicing off the wolf’s finger.

Soon her yells were silenced. The two wolves overpowered her, ripping flesh from bone. They had finally put an end to the outlaw’s Seer.

----****----

But not all was lost. For in the early morning light and form appeared in the mist of Tarn Aeluin. It glided through sunbeams and over the dew tipped leaves of lush green trees. It spoke to them in voices they did not quite understand. A cryptic whisper from the Dead. The Ghost took the appearance of Gorlim once again, but this time it spoke with the voice of Huinesoron.

The Living
Boro
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman
**Hui - Gorlim/Ghost

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
**Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)
Kath (Night 4 - Seer)

Day 4 begins.

As a reminder, Ghost rules are staying the same. Good Morning, and Good Luck!
Old 04-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #405
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&L: Appendix
Slowly it came, and softly spake:
'Gorlim I was, but now a wraith
Of will defeated, broken faith,
Traitor betrayed.
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #406
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silm: Ainulindale
And it came to pass that Ilúvatar called together all the Ainur and declared to them a mighty theme, unfolding to them things greater and more wonderful than he had yet revealed; and the glory of its beginning and the splendour of its end amazed the Ainur, so that they bowed before Ilúvatar and were silent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT: The Palantiri
It must be remembered that the Stones were originally "innocent," serving no evil purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Council of Elrond
He then pointed out and named those whom Frodo had not met before.
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #407
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silm: Of Aule and Yavanna
And the voice of Ilúvatar said to Aulë: 'Thy offer I accepted even as it was made.
Quote:
It must be remembered that the Stones were originally "innocent," serving no evil purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The Voice of Saruman
'Saruman, Saruman!' he cried in a loud commanding voice.
Quote:
'The friendship of Saruman and the power of Orthanc cannot be lightly thrown aside, whatever grievances, real or fancied, may lie behind.
Quote:
'Saruman, Saruman!' said Gandalf still laughing.
Quote:
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #408
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Dammit. I was hoping my little seer style post would get me killed. I don’t have any Hail Mary plays today.

Ok. The fact I’m alive probably means Sorimon Is innocent like. I was 80% he’s a wolf now I’m like 30%... maybe looking at vote overlaps from day one and two will help.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #409
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&R: Appendix
There came a day
When once more Gorlim crept that way,
Down the deserted weedy lane
At dusk of autumn sad with ran
And cold wind whining.
Quote:
'We know not for certain,' answered Elrond sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Journey in the Dark
At a gap in the circle a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit: Flies and Spiders
It then became pitch-dark—not what you call
pitch-dark, but really pitch: so black that you really could see nothing.
Quote:
Pippin sat miserably by the door in the pitch dark; but he kept on turning round, fearing that some unknown thing would crawl up out of the well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Houses of Healing
Men shall pitch my tents upon the field, and here I will await the welcome of the Lord of the City.
Quote:
At a gap in the circle a great dark wolf-shape could be seen halted, gazing at them.
Quote:
'We know not for certain,' answered Elrond sadly.
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:03 PM   #410
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Silmaril

*Sigh* I was hoping the wolves would come for me, but I think it was fairly obvious after her reaction to sally's fake reveal that Kath was the Seer. You did well and what you had to. May you relax and find joy among the dead.

I do not have to be a seer to know that Pitch is a wolf and I do trust Morsul. Many jumped on his quick vote for sally, but frankly that quite possibly was a move that saved us and revealed Pitch to be false as well. That was an engineered fake seer reveal with sally if I have ever seen one.

Yesterday Form brought us new hope with a vital piece of information and hopefully Huey will be able to do the same today. Welcome Huey, what news from the grave?

Edit: A bunch of cross posting.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:04 PM   #411
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ooooh GhostHuin is with us today. Hmm HewnHuin?
Old 04-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #412
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
*Sigh* I was hoping the wolves would come for me, but I think it was fairly obvious after her reaction to sally's fake reveal that Kath was the Seer. You did well and what you had to. May you relax and find joy among the dead.
Sounds like we had similar plans. I’ll look at Pitch but I do trust you as well... hopefully that’s the right choice
Old 04-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #413
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Ooooh GhostHuin is with us today. Hmm HewnHuin?
HauntingHuin?
Old 04-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #414
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok so the first message is pretty clear. Soriman is innocent, that is something the Dead have learned as a "vision from Iluvatar".

We won't have confirmation on who Kath's dreams were until tomorrow, if the dead are able to send another ghost. And we must get through to tomorrow. The surest way I know to still fight on to tomorrow is to lynch Pitch. Which means in my mind the last wolf is either Lommy or Legate.

Working on the others...
Old 04-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #415
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
`Here,' said Elrond, turning to Gandalf, `is Boromir, a man from the South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: A Long-Expected Party
It was, unfortunately, very clear and correct (according to the legal customs of hobbits, which demand among other things seven signatures of witnesses in red ink)
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:15 PM   #416
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
HauntingHuin?
HuinDaHouse
Old 04-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #417
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Huey's message in 409 seems to be reading the dead believe Pitch is guilty.

This is not "known" for certain (it's not from "Iluvatar") but it's from "Gorlim." And "we know not for certain" but their belief is Pitch is a wolf.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:17 PM   #418
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
`Here,' said Elrond, turning to Gandalf, `is Boromir, a man from the South.
Quote:
' "Your information was correct," I said.
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #419
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: The Great River
It was close on midnight, and they had been drifting for some while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FotR: Three is Company"
The song ended. ‘And now to bed! And now to bed!’ sang Pippin in a high voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "FotR: Three is Company"
At the very latest I shall come back for the farewell party.
Ghost
Old 04-26-2021, 05:27 PM   #420
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pitch’s day 1 vote is a throwaway, Day two vote clinched Hui’s death.

Then the interaction with Sally. And then Judge Dedd suspecting them. Do I dare make the same play again?
Old 04-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #421
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Good night Huey! Thank you for the information. It has already been helpful to me. Rest in peace and forgive me for Day 2, I was blind and did not see. But there's also a certain liberation with being free from the toils of the living. It is always my curse to remain here until the end.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:47 PM   #422
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Pitch’s day 1 vote is a throwaway, Day two vote clinched Hui’s death.

Then the interaction with Sally. And then Judge Dedd suspecting them. Do I dare make the same play again?
I was honestly thinking about doing that if we did get another ghost and whatever information they had.

That's not my style. If you want to go for it. I will back it and stop any sort counter bandwagon Pitch + the 1 packmate might want to try if they're feeling risky. I have a feeling though, that they tried a risky play yesterday to end the game right then and Pitch just may sacrifice today to leave it to the final day.

I have no way to know for sure you're innocent, unless we get word on Kath's dreams at a later time (and same goes for you having no way to know for sure I'm innocent). It was a risky vote yesterday for sure, but wolves aren't the only ones who take risks and as you replied to Pitch yesterday, if sally was innocent the wolves would have piled on your vote earlier than trying to engineer that fake seer reveal and throw suspicion your way.

I still feel pretty confident that with news of Soriman's innocence from Iluvatar that the final wolf is either Lommy or Legate. I've been quite gun-ho on Legate as can be seen, but I have to rethink because Pitch has seemed to try to poke me to go after him. Everyone knew how suspicious I was of Legate on Day 2, and I specifically recall Pitch trying to nudge in that direction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch #192
This just made me laugh out loud so hard, and I'm still laughing. Bad thing is, I can totally see it, and honestly, right now I'd probably feel more confident voting any of them than I'd feel about voting anybody else (possibly excepting Kath). Order of preference being Legate > Hui > Boro.
And Lommy seemed to also do a bit of poking.. #214
Old 04-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #423
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Pitch

Because why not tempt fate.
Old 04-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #424
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And here I was hoping Morsul was the Seer and had dreamed me. *sigh*

So the dead are fallible after all. Not only fallible but plain wrong. Hui, you've had your revenge for my hand in your death, I don't begrudge you that. But the dead are wrong.

Have to be off to work now. Do what you must, but I'm innocent.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:43 AM   #425
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT: The Black Gate is Closed
This was no assault upon the Dark Lord by the men of Gondor, risen like avenging ghosts from the graves of valour long passed away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotK: The Last Debate
He is watching. He sees much and hears much.
Ghost
Old 04-27-2021, 02:10 AM   #426
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I must say that regardless of Kath's death, it is very reassuring to see Hui here with more concrete info. And Hui, I really like that you are trying to confirm and be clear about things - please stick with that. If Soriman is innocent (I assume this is deduced based on the Dead info revelations), that helps a lot, as in these numbers it's a big part of the equation. And the Pitch thing is also presumably deduced in a similar manner, but it is not as definite.

Which however once again makes me unhappy about Morsul jumping to vote immediately, and without even having others appear. Though given the circumstances (and especially sally's guilt), I find it less likely that you'd be a Wolf. YesterDay it would have been a bold move, but it would have to be a very well-thought conspiracy to bus sally first and now use the same system toDay, on top of that using something the Ghost said. But that still does not mean it cannot be wrong.

So, I absolutely want to hear something from everybody, also because now that is the info that will be crucial in the future Days (if we get there). Especially as the numbers go down.

I'll try to quickly read through Kath, even though given that she had not revealed, I expect she likely didn't dream much of any Wolves. Presume to be back in a bit.

EDIT: x-ed with The Ghost
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:12 AM   #427
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ha, and I see the Ghost is back! Hui, was this just saying "I am here", or is the other part with the Dark Lord referring to something?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-27-2021, 02:14 AM   #428
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I now see that it is probably answering to Pitch about the revenge.

Hui, since you are here, anything else you may want to say that you lot have uncovered?
Old 04-27-2021, 02:34 AM   #429
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotR: Flight to the Ford
He heard and saw no more.
Ghost
Old 04-27-2021, 03:56 AM   #430
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

A pity, Hui.

But anyways, here's a look at Kath if there's anything useful that could point to her dreams. The game has gotten to the stage that reading anything means horrible walls of text (and that saying Kath did not even post that much compared to some others).

Her lists do not seem to show anything very conclusive. Especially on Day 1 I really can't read anything that would indicate her first dream, but maybe she also did not feel like posting anything that could be easily spotted by the Wolves yet, since one dream is very little. I only noticed that in her list she says this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Loslote - will have to see more.
Using the word "see" could mean she was about to dream Lottie. (Even though I do not know why she would announce it in advance. Unless it was some clever way to sorta say that and she dreamed her already, but just did not have in-game data that allowed her to say it without being obvious.)

At the same time, the way she was about sally already on Day 2 means she might have dreamed her, too. This is quite a strong statement:
Quote:
My current suspicions definitely start with sallybecause of the Night kill and I'm pretty sure that's where my vote is going toDay.
And she voted her on Day 2 already.

But in the same post, she also talks about Lottie:
Quote:
Lottie's been mentioned a lot toDay. I'm getting more frustrated ordo than forcing-a-focus wolf and I think she explained her vote clearly enough, so she wouldn't be on my concerns list at the moment.
In any case I'd hazard a guess she dreamed of at least one of sally or Lottie then, which means one dream that we can't get anything out of anymore. I am kind of overall wondering if maybe if more of Kath's dreams were for somebody who subsequently died, because that would also explain why she did not come out, or did not leave any strong visible hints, because she simply did not have much to say.

I did not really find anything clear on Day 3. She is not in any notable way decisive on anybody besides sally.
Quote:
With Boro's behaviour yesterDay, I read it as his oft-used strategy of: "Look at me, look at me! No don't look at them, I'M the Gifted one! No really - pay attention to meeee!" Ok yes maybe I'm oversimplifying but I read post #191 and just had to smile, and it also made me feel that he's innocent. The wolves would want to draw out Gifteds, not distract from them, so I'm feeling ok about Boro at the moment.
That may mean either literally just what she says, or it may be that she dreamed him and found him innocent. But it is very generic. It is however the only thing, at least as far as I can see, that indicates something clearer on Day 3. I would not base much on that, but something to consider at least until we can hear from the Ghosts some confirmations about Kath's dreams (which would hopefully come toMorrow).

Then Kath did the huge analysis of me, Lommy and Pitch. It's a horrible novel, which I assume she would not have done that had she dreamed of any of us. In any case, she ends up basically open-ended on everyone, as in, she forms some opinions and forms a model of a pack, but if she had actually dreamed anybody's role, I would expect a stronger statement. For reference, this is the last paragraph:
Quote:
Hmmm - I don't know. I think I'm being drawn into seeing a sally/Lommy/Pitch pack. sally I think is a wolf regardless of the other two, and Lommy/Pitch seemed to coincide a fair bit when I was reading through. I think that I started off with a feeling that Lommy was suspicious though (perhaps because I think sally is a wolf, and Lommy seems to be quite diligently trying to avoid making a decision there) so that may have coloured my opinions. With that said, Pitch has a voting record that is both squeaky clean and damning at the same time, and Lommy brought Hui in as a third candidate on Day 2. But then Legate really had the strongest effect on the Hui lynch there and did cross post with Lommy.

I don't know. But sally/Lommy/Pitch is where I'm at currently.
Obviously had she dreamed Lommy or Pitch and they were innocent, she wouldn't have written them into sally's pack, and had she dreamed them and they were Wolves, she would have likely said something clearer about them. Similarly, had she dreamed me and found me innocent, I would think she would have said something clearer, too, besides leaving me out of the final pack list. It is theoretically possible, but then I would have expected some extra bit of supportive info somewhere else.

So all in all I am rather convinced that she dreamed sally and/or Lottie at some point. Otherwise, just by way of negation, I would say she also did not dream Lommy or Pitch or myself. And then everything is possible.

Well that was not particularly productive (even though negative information is also information). But something. I am going to see if I have time (and brain capacity) to look into something else before I leave to work.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:38 AM   #431
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

(lunch break)

Quote:
Because why not tempt fate.
My, my, you're hasty folk! Why not? Because what I said yesterDay about wolves piling on an early vote still applies, and unless you don't have anything to lose from a mislynch that should give you pause.

Quote:
That's not my style. If you want to go for it. I will back it and stop any sort counter bandwagon Pitch + the 1 packmate might want to try if they're feeling risky.
Or make sure the scapegoat doesn't escape the noose?

"We know not for certain," said Elrond, so Kath hasn't dreamed me, it's as simple as that. They're guessing. Both Kath and Hui thought I was a wolf before they died, and Greenie suspected me D1. And whatever piece of info was revealed to them last Night was cherrypicked by sallywolf. How hard can it have been to confirm the bias?

If you think I co-engineered sally's reveal, think again. She was hinting pretty strong, and as an ordo I can't in good conscience ignore a Seer hint. The only way I would know she was lying - not believe, Boro, but know, a word you're playing much too fast-and-loose with! - would have been if I were
- either the real Seer
- or her packmate.
If she'd been for real, she might have saved the Day. I had to find out.

Back to work. See you later.
Old 04-27-2021, 05:56 AM   #432
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm sorry, I'm just popping in to say that I'm somewhat infernally busy with work (huge deadline tomorrow, I hate it) and I can't play until after my work day, but I'm nonetheless not planning to work until 2am so expect me to activate in 3-6 hours maybe.

And yeah, good lynch, terrible Night kill, and I haven't read toDay's posting but I couldn't help spotting that Morsul has gone cowboy again. I don't think I'm ever going to forgive him (sorry ) the game where he secured a wolf victory by taking the fate of the village in his own hands as an ordo and hastily voting another innocent in the beginning of the last Day, and I am rather annoyed by this move. I mean, Pitch does look pretty suspicious based on his antics yesterDay with Sally but I am not convinced about his guilt, nor am I convinced of Morsul's innocence either. (Side note: it just crossed my mind Morsul could be wolves with Sally and Pitch and ruthlessly bussing them both, and honestly? I think he would deserve to win.)

Anyway, my to do list to for toDay is
- look at Kath's posts
- look at Sally's posts
- do the overdue look at Boro and Legate because frankly I don't trust either of them even if neither of them has greatly been ringing my alarm bells so far

I don't think any of us can afford not looking at all options toDay, or at least any innocent cannot. *side eyes Morsul pointedly*

Now I'm back to work but I'll get to my massive ww to-do list and catching up with whatever you guys have said toDay in a couple of hours, hopefully sooner rather than later. If I was sensible, I would also vote early toDay (as I've said, the DL is 2am my time and it's the middle of the work week), but we'll see (I'm not always sensible when ww is concerned. )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:04 AM   #433
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
My, my, you're hasty folk! Why not? Because what I said yesterDay about wolves piling on an early vote still applies, and unless you don't have anything to lose from a mislynch that should give you pause.
Perhaps I’m certainly less certain today that yesterday. But at the end of the day if we lose it’s all just a game. You could vote me but I’m innocent so wouldn’t change anything if you are.

Xed Lommy there’s a reason I tried getting night killed A to save the seer and B I’m rubbish in end game voted my “Among Us” loss record speaks for itself
Old 04-27-2021, 06:20 AM   #434
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
So the dead are fallible after all. Not only fallible but plain wrong. Hui, you've had your revenge for my hand in your death, I don't begrudge you that. But the dead are wrong.
Yes the message about you being a suspicious wolf is from what the dead believe. That much is clear, thanks to Huey having a quote from "Gorlim." It is not one of the tidbit pieces of information that G55 ("Iluvatar") gives them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
And whatever piece of info was revealed to them last Night was cherrypicked by sallywolf. How hard can it have been to confirm the bias?
Yes it was cherry-picked by sally, but that information is still a small something to help us. It looks like the information she picked was revealing Soriman's innocent, as again Huey quoted "Iluvatar" to deliver that message.

So far the ghosts have been quite clear in what messages they want to send. Yesterday it was at least one of Morsul, sally, or Pitch was a wolf. They knew not whether there was more than one, only that there was at least one.

Today Huey has given us 2 messages.

1. Soriman is innocent (the piece of information from Iluvatar)
2. The dead ("Gorlim") think Pitch is a wolf, but they know not for certain.

I'm pretty sure they base this suspicion on the same thing I'm thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
If you think I co-engineered sally's reveal, think again. She was hinting pretty strong, and as an ordo I can't in good conscience ignore a Seer hint. The only way I would know she was lying - not believe, Boro, but know, a word you're playing much too fast-and-loose with! - would have been if I were
- either the real Seer
- or her packmate.
But was she hinting at faking a seer reveal or were you setting it up for her to try it? I've known sally a long time and you're right that can cloud one's judgement about them. But I do know if she was the seer, she would have come out from the start yesterday still ready to go down fighting for us and for herself. She wouldn't have began with a first post trying to guilt trip us into thinking we were calling her foolish for killing Form, and then done the whole charade trying to confuse us and make us not believe the information from the dead that came from something they learned from G55.

I have more time today, which I am thankful for, because now that it appears Huey has no more messages to be given to us today. It's not going to benefit just to spend all day on Pitch.

I think there is 1 wolf between Lommy or Legate. And hopefully if I make the right choices I can be free from this world to join my dead kin.

Edit: crossed with Lommy and Morsul.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:26 AM   #435
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree A Long overdue look at Lommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy in 214
I don't know. Too late for my brain. I would really like to know what Boro is scheming, but hopefully knowing Huin's role will help.
This is another thing I don't get. So, this was the Day 2 vote, so you say you want to know something I'm scheming (which looks to me like you're trying to make something I do sound suspicious) but conclude "hopefully knowing Huey's role will help."

I'm not sure if this is breaking news to anyone, but I'm always up to something. Being up to something doesn't mean it's an evil something, and to call it "scheming" applies that it is evil. That's not really what bothers me though, because like I said it's not breaking news I try to lay out bait and traps. What bothers me is Lommy is framing myself negatively (I'm "scheming"), but instead of actually voting for me, she voted for Huey to "hopefully" find something out about me.

*ping*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy in 341
I have no idea what to think about Kath saying that suggesting her and Morsul are packmates is a "fair point". Really?
But that's not what Kath said. #322

Pitch said that Kath had not yet said something about Morsul. Her "fair point" is that she had not said anything yet about Morsul, and then proceeds to do a Morsul-analysis.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #436
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I'm at work, but trying to follow the thread...
Quote:
"We know not for certain," said Elrond, so Kath hasn't dreamed me, it's as simple as that. They're guessing.
To be precise, I don't think Kath has had the chance to tell anybody anything. It is the conclusion of the Dead based at most partly on the info they had and their own conclusions. But if I am right, she did not dream you - or she might have just this Night, but that would not have been transmitted on before Hui left.

Quote:
- either the real Seer
- or her packmate.
This, however, is a completely fair point.

Quote:
Xed Lommy there’s a reason I tried getting night killed A to save the seer and B I’m rubbish in end game voted my “Among Us” loss record speaks for itself
You tried getting night killed? When?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they base this suspicion on the same thing I'm thinking...
That is cryptic. If you are thinking something, is it not the time to say it? Especially at this point, the village should be upfront. And information has more value than ever.

I am at work and will be for several hours, I would like to at least look at Lommy, Pitch, Boro and Morsul. Given what I said about the walls of text, I will probably have to somehow downgrade this ambition. I started to look at Day 1 but did not have the chance to get very far. I will see how I manage.

EDIT: x-ed with Boro
Old 04-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #437
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
That is cryptic. If you are thinking something, is it not the time to say it? Especially at this point, the village should be upfront. And information has more value than ever.
Uhh I did say it. Read the rest of the post. Where I respond to Pitch saying he didn't engineer it for sally to do a fake reveal.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #438
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Uhh I did say it. Read the rest of the post. Where I respond to Pitch saying he didn't engineer it for sally to do a fake reveal.
Okay, I see. I somehow read it that you were just responding to him and starting something new, especially since you were talking about something the Dead supposedly knew before but answering in present.

But okay. As I said I'm posting in-between work so my reading comprehension may suffer.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #439
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
You tried getting night killed? When?
Post 399 was supposed to be a “LOOK AT ME IM THE SEER” type of post.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:04 AM   #440
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Post 399 was supposed to be a “LOOK AT ME IM THE SEER” type of post.
Fair enough...