Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hi, Eönwë! Welcome! I'm glad you've asked. We need something or someone new to stir things up around here....

Joining is pretty simple. If you are not already acquainted with the rules, then it may be good to read this. After learning the rules on that thread, read the first few posts by Pio at the beginning of this thread, here. Once you've figured out what kind of character you can make, create a character description/bio, using the form I will copy and paste below.

After you submit that to this thread, I will read it and more than likely give you the thumbs up and then you can proceed to introduce your character to the game thread.

And if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to send a PM to me, or to Piosenniel.

-- Folwren

Character Description Form for the Inn

Each player in the Golden Perch will need to submit a brief Character Description form to the Inn’s Discussion Thread. It can be submitted at the same time as you make your first post to the Inn Thread.

Posts for characters who do not have a Character Description put on the Golden Perch Discussion Thread will be sent back to their writers. You may of course repost once your character’s description is on board.

Please use the following form.

~*~

NAME:

RACE: (Only those character types listed by the Innkeeper will be acceptable: Hobbits, Men, Elves, or Dwarves. NO Orcs; Easterlings, Southrons, and any other men of an evil race; NO Animals - as main characters; or Any other creature or persons not mentioned in 'Types of characters allowed' No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

WEAPONS: (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period. Hobbits, for example, do not have swords or armor)

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

HISTORY: (Can be as brief as you wish)
Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #602
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
NAME: Songo "Hairfoot" Doggans

RACE: Fallohide hobbit from Bree (actually mostly Harfoot, but would never admit this)

WEAPONS: None except that Steak knife he used to use. And his walking staick for travelling (though he has never travelled)

APPEARANCE: Short, Curly brown hair, quite muscly for a hobbit, but holding back a bulge in the stomack with a tight fitting belt

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: likes pretending to be brave. And, of course, eating that good old second breakfast.

HISTORY: Once almost killled an orc that strayed near his home. Had Gandalf say "hello" to him once, not much more

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: linked to PLAYER/CHARACTER list (post #2) ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-10-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #603
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eonwe, that looks great. I didn't have time to read your post to the inn.

I'm leaving, everyone, in about half an hour and I won't be back to a place with a computer until next Monday. I hope everyone survives. Don't burn down the inn or anything wild like that.

-- Folwren
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #604
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I hope everyone survives. Don't burn down the inn or anything wild like that.
OK lets burn down the Inn!

But seriously, Can I join in at the Inn
Old 02-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #605
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
OK lets burn down the Inn!
Alright, finally we have another character coming in! Sounds like a mischievous character too.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #606
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Since no-one has posted after me on the RPG, I wuld like to change my character (if there are no objections). If this is accepted then I will remove my character from there without just deleting the post.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #607
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh! Oh, Eonwe, that would be somehow very sad. I am so sorry I haven't written since coming home - you can't imagine what life's been like for me. (Well, maybe you can...)

We actually need more hobbits, so can I ask you not necessarily to replace this character, just create a second one? Or could you not possibly work with two characters? Just wondering. With the way the inn moves so slowly, I doubt not that you'd find time to post now and again for two characters.

And I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear - you are perfectly able, capable, and permitted to post whenever you like in the inn now.

I will attempt to write a post today.

-- Folwren
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 AM   #608
RunItsANazgul

Ring

NAME: Haves Gavomer

RACE: Men

WEAPONS: Two common throwing knives, one attached to each side, as well as a longsword with simple green-coloured carvings attached to a belt.

APPEARANCE: Fair-skinned, light wavy brown hair of medium length, averagely built, and tall. Wears dark, shabby clothes

PERSONAL STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Haves refrains from attracting extensive attention to himself, but is in no way confined, and is quite happy to share details about himself whilst still concealing motives or details he does not characterize as being on a need-to-know basis. Is very selective of who he befriends, and is often untrustworthy of anybody who he believes to be too needy or persistent. Haves hates to be ignorant about almost anything, and as a result he can be overly curious.

HISTORY: Haves' business in Stock translates to a need to feel more connected with the inter-relations of the wider world. He has lived on his family's isolated farm for his whole life and his willingness to be informed of the world he lives in consumes him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

LINK POSTED TO CHARACTER PLAYER LIST - HERE

~*~ PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-22-2008 at 10:49 PM.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #609
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Nice profile. Welcome to the downs

Ok Folwren, I think I'll stick with Songo after all (reason being I want to be better at RPGing so I can do justice to the other character)

Last edited by Eönwë; 02-22-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Mice?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #610
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
new character for the Golden Perch Inn

Hello! Hopefully this is what I'm supposed to be submitting here for my new character.

NAME: Jims Barleycorn

RACE: human

WEAPONS: not truly intended as weapons but useful if needed, Jims carries a sharp hunting knife, a shorter utility/eating knife, and a stout walking stick with a weighted knob at the head

APPEARANCE: Tall, say around 6”1”, slim but muscular/wiry, short, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, tanned/weathered skin, wears simple, well worn but neat and clean clothes of linen and wool: trousers, shirt, vest, cloak. Leather boots.

PERSONAL STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Jims is quiet and keeps his own counsel for the most part. Slow to speak his mind, strangers often mistake his natural caution for stupidity. However, he has a good head on his shoulders and a good business sense, as compared to his much brasher older brother, Jakes, who tends to make impulsive and often imprudent decisions. This is why their father has sent Jims on this mission and not Jakes. Jims is prone to taking violent dislikes to those who cross him, however, to the point of letting loose with a flying fist in the direction of said person’s face.

HISTORY: Jims is the second oldest son of an innkeeper in Bree. His father’s inn is in a seedier part of that town and not exceptionally prosperous. Lately Jims’ father has been struggling a bit financially and has thought to import some of the fine ale brewed in Stock to lure a better clientele to his inn. Jims has been send to Stock to make inquiries about the possibilities.

If more is needed could someone let me know please?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------

LINK POSTED TO CHARACTER PLAYER LIST - HERE

~*~ PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-22-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #611
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Welcome, newcomers! It's surprisingly exciting to see new people coming and joining!

RunItsANazgul, please check your PMs. If you have any further questions, as I said, don't feel at all hesitant to ask me.

shaggydog, your character bio looks fine. Nothing more is needed for the Golden Perch. You may join in the RPG at the Inn as soon as you like.

Eonwe, sounds great.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #612
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That's your character's hat, by the way, Eönwë. Thought I'd let you know. So now there should be some interaction, hopefully.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #613
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

I've been looking at the IC thread and it lloks like it's the evening of the day? Anyone know what season it is?

Oh and thanks for the welcome Folwren!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #614
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Golly, it shouldn't be evening yet. I think it's nearing noon, but the storm has made it dark. And it is either May 6 or May 7, I'm no longer sure.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #615
RunItsANazgul

Ring

>>to be added to my character bio above<<

PERSONAL STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Haves refrains from attracting extensive attention to himself, but is in no way confined, and is quite happy to share details about himself whilst still concealing motives or details he does not characterize as being on a need-to-know basis. Is very selective of who he befriends, and is often untrustworthy of anybody who he believes to be too needy or persistent. Haves hates to be ignorant about almost anything, and as a result he can be overly curious.

HISTORY: Haves' business in Stock translates to a need to feel more connected with the inter-relations of the wider world. He has lived on his family's isolated farm for his whole life and his willingness to be informed of the world he lives in consumes him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADDED TO CHARACTER BIO

~*~ PIO

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-22-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #616
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Very good, RiaN. That will work. You can edit it into your earlier post by copying and pasting and then going to your earlier post and pressing "Edit" in the lower right hand corner of your post. that will change it to a writing format and you can put the new stuff where it needs to go.

Thanks!

-- Folwren
Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #617
RunItsANazgul

So I can post in the topic now?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM   #618
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

I hope that works, sorry to knock the little guy down but he was right there! lol Anyway can change it if needed.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #619
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, you may certainly post.

Shaggydog, lol...I was kinda thinking, "That kid's going to be run over by either shaggydog's character or RunItsANazgul's character..." Seriously.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #620
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I would usually complain about being slightly godmodded by so many (Folwren especially, being a moderator) but I seem to like the idea of Songo telling tales to willing (or unwilling/nonexistent) ears
Old 02-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #621
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll be there soon enough!
Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #622
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Glad to hear young Fred survived And anyone who wishes, feel free to strike up a conversation with Jims. He's quiet but doesn't bite
Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #623
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm still around. I need to eventually post the recent flashback my elf just had (he's hanging out at the bar, currently), but after that he'll be up for some story-telling.

When the storm blows over, we should go wolf hunting. Clear them out for good.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #624
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
I would usually complain about being slightly godmodded by so many (Folwren especially, being a moderator) but I seem to like the idea of Songo telling tales to willing (or unwilling/nonexistent) ears
Complain, by all means! I'm no moderator and am just as bound to the rules as the rest of you...only, I'm more acquainted with them, which makes it all the worse. I added flesh to others' bones, knowing full jolly well that you hadn't said that your character was doing anything of the sort of what we were making him do...So, if you want anything changed with anything about your character, you have every right to ask us to change it. So, yeah, I'm at fault, but I will defend myself and say I didn't really do anything worse than the player before me...who was that - RiaN? I merely embeleshed what you and he said happen.

If you want anything changed, I can change it. I am not opposed to re-working a post. It happens frequently enough around here.

-- Folwren
Old 02-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #625
RunItsANazgul

Sorry I haven't even checked the topic since I last posted, I was out of town. And yeah, apologies for godmodding but it was simply done for cheap comedy. I'll go catch up and post

Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 AM   #626
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Eonwe, I sent you a PM but it might not get to you because for some reason just clicking on your name didnt give me a PM option and when I typed it in by hand I didn't have the umlauts or whatever they are called over the vowels. So anyway, if you did get it, you can PM me back, and if you didn't, let me know here, please and thanks.

Folwren, is there any way to send a PM just by clicking on a name or is there an icon or what???

Last edited by shaggydog; 02-25-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #627
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Its ok people, I don't want you to change your posts or anything.

And shaggydog, I didn't get you PM. I think it was sent to this Eonwe instead.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #628
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog View Post
Folwren, is there any way to send a PM just by clicking on a name or is there an icon or what???
Shaggydog, in order to send someone a PM, you have to have the exact name, accents, umlauts (spelling!), and all. There should be a way to send a PM by just clicking on a name and it giving you an option, but since the site has been upgraded, that feature has not been working as well. I often click on the name with my right button on my mouse, select 'Open in new window' and it will open the user's profile. There, somewhere on the left and scrolling down a little, you'll see the option for sending a PM. Otherwise, just copy and paste Eönwë's name into your PM and send it that way.

Sorry. We need to contact the real mods of the forum and ask them to see if it can't be fixed.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #629
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Thanks Folwren! And if things get heated between Groin and Gwathagor's character, Jims will be happy to lend a big, or bigger, hand to help out Dick

Eonwe, thanks for the PM and I replied, I hope
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #630
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thank you! I may need help, but I fear any sort of force will prove dangerous. It always seems dangerous with dwarves, anyway. Dick should be able to manage, if Groin is half way sensible and if Gwathagor's character doesn't get mad. This could well turn into something very fun.

By the way, Gwathagor, your character is in in the midst of something, apparently. How'd that happen? He sat there, staring at nothing, and minding his own business, and he still offended somebody. Good grief, man, you've got to keep better tabs on your characters.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #631
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Thank you! I may need help, but I fear any sort of force will prove dangerous. It always seems dangerous with dwarves, anyway. Dick should be able to manage, if Groin is half way sensible and if Gwathagor's character doesn't get mad. This could well turn into something very fun.
I thought so myself.

Quote:
Gwathagor, your character is in in the midst of something, apparently. How'd that happen? He sat there, staring at nothing, and minding his own business, and he still offended somebody.
He was gazing stupidely in my characters direction! If that isn't enought to get someone mad I don't know what is. Anyway, I'm glad that are characters are active once again.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #632
RunItsANazgul

okay so we lost 2 posts in our thread...

Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 AM   #633
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Did we? That's disappointing. Can they be replaced, or did the writer's not save them? I wonder if the temporary boards that were up for the past week could be reached again and those posts copied and pasted onto this board?

-- Folwren
Old 03-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #634
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry to say, but the posts are not available on the other alternative sites. An unfortunate side effect of the forum's upgrade.

~*~ Pio
Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #635
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Eh, well, so be it. It's not the end of the world, and I'm likely to be happy with everything that happens - good or bad. But this certainly will teach a good lesson about saving your work on either e-mail or a word processor.

But, seriously, everybody - don't be shy to re-write something.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #636
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

I saved mine but now it would make no sense So I guess someone will just have to pick up with that last one of mine. It seems like we lost several posts about the leak and then some of the roof coming down, so Folwren will probably be happy that Dick doesn't have to deal with that mess
Old 03-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #637
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Nooo! I was going to save it, when my computer crashed on me, and I never bothered to sort it out
Old 03-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #638
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

I might at this point bring in an extra character, if no-one objects
Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #639
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wait....are you serious....part of the inn's roof caved in? I wasn't aware of that going on! I guess I should pay more attention, busy or no...

-- Folwren
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #640
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Wait....are you serious....part of the inn's roof caved in? I wasn't aware of that going on! I guess I should pay more attention, busy or no...

-- Folwren
Ah! Well now its gone. And it was going so well (well maybe not for Dick who would probably have to pick up the pieces)