Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #641
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll be leaving the RPG soon, probably within the next post, I just thought I'd let you know before I actually did it. I'll get the post in sometime between now and Wednsday.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #642
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
What about the wolves? Do I really have to kill them by myself?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #643
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
lol! I'm hoping the wolves will simply scamper off and not trouble Stock ever again...but that's the Hobbit side of me talking. If you want to kill the wolves, you're going to have find others to help you, becasue I don't have any characters who can/will lend a hand. The new men who just walked in will be able to help, me thinks.

And Groin, that's fine. It's been a lot of fun having you here. You're not leaving the Downs Roleplaying section altogether, though, are you? We need players who are good and who stick around!!!!!

-- Folwren
Old 03-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #644
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
And Groin, that's fine. It's been a lot of fun having you here. You're not leaving the Downs Roleplaying section altogether, though, are you? We need players who are good and who stick around!!!!!
Thanks Folwren, I've had a lot of fun in this thread and has given me a general knowledge of how to write with these RPG's.

No I'll be around the RPG's for quite some time. I'm not sure that I'm good, but I'll certainly stick around.

Gwathagor, maybe we could do a little Wolf killing when I'm leaving the Inn.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #645
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
What about the wolves? Do I really have to kill them by myself?
Well thats a job for my second character (who's about to come soon) and no mistake. I'll be glad to join you in some wolf-slaying.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #646
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

shaggydog has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren, you are right about the availability at least of Jims. Gwathagor and Eonwe, I will be heading out to the stables soon and please feel free to join in what I (hopefully) get started there re wolf hunting.

Folwren, what are the limits of action occuring outside the immediate environs of the inn? Would any wolf hunting or 'slaying' have to take place close to the inn? I know in general this thread is for non-violent activities centering on the GP, correct?

BTW, who started the wolf thing anyway and is he/she still around? Does anyone know why the wolves are around???
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #647
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
It was Forest Elf that started the wolf thing. Her character was named Gable, and she hasn't been around for months.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #648
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think the wolves were done simply so that something could happen. I encourage people now to deal with the wolves in a group, preferably with each character having a player behind it. I like how you three seem to be planning to do that. The purpose of this RPG is to give people an opportunity to learn how to interact and play along with other people's characters.

As for slaying the wolves...it can be done away from the inn. If it is not in the immediate surroundings of the Perch, then, in the Title line of your post, write "Away - Jims - Killing Wolves Somewhere in Stock" maybe. Something like that, I guess. Pio has it outlined here. Don't make it too terribly gory - I haven't read anything unacceptable here so far, I don't think.

But you are correct - this is (hopefully) for more non-violent stuff happening in or near the Perch. Of course, conflict is alwasy very good, so I expect and can actually hope for some little trouble among the characters, if only to make things interesting.

Have fun, gents. I'll try to keep up on the posts in the game thread.

-- Folwren
Old 03-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #649
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Well there you go and feel free to jump in anytime, anyone.

I did not take Songo along to the stable as I had thought to originally Eonwe but I left an opening there for him to chime in however you like to Jims' questions/discovery.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #650
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, I'm back
Old 04-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #651
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

All is well. I should have posted long ago, but now I have. Let us rid the Shire of these beastly wolves, and then Gwathagor Gilthalion Shadowblade must be on his way, for he has an elf-princess to track down (and possibly a certain Mead Hall to visit).
Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #652
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Please remember to remove signatures to any post to the Inn thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 04-10-2008, 03:06 AM   #653
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Sorry *hides in corner*
Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 AM   #654
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

That was a very naughty riddle Songo! rofl

Gwathagor, I will wait a day or so to see if you wish to reply to Songo. If not I'll post again and, with both of your permissions, get us started on tracking the horse/wolves.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #655
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Don't wait for me. I'm going to be away doing OPFOR for several days, and unable to post.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #656
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog View Post
That was a very naughty riddle Songo! rofl
It is a real Anglo-Saxon riddle. They liked that kind of riddle.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #657
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Great heavens above, I've not checked this thread or the other in weeks. I got a rep just now thanking me for being a good mod for the game, but I fear I haven't been very good recently...

I'll read what's new at the inn and maybe post this week sometime.

-- Folwren
Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #658
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Have been a bit busy myself this week. Gwathagor and Eonwe, I'll try to get something up by Monday.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #659
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Will do.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #660
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Revival

I feel an urge to bump up this thread.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #661
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Sorry! I said I'd post then didn't, because it looked like the three of us who have been posting are all trying to get started with characters in the Scarburg thread. So I was wondering if you two, Eonwe and Gwathagor, still want to finish out this hunting for wolves idea, or do you think we should just exit our characters from the Perch and then we can concentrate on the Scarburg thread? I might have some difficulty doing both due to time constraints. But then again, this thread moves so slowly it might not matter.

Well, any thoughts would be helpful.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #662
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm sorry myself for not posting. I'm about to now...in the next hour or so.

It would be great if this small adventure were wrapped up. Just my personal preference. You don't have to, by all means. It wouldnt' take long - nor many posts - would it? (They seriously need a hopeful smiley emoticon or something...)

I'll post soon.

-- Folwren
Old 04-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #663
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My post is short, for I realized I did not know where your characters were, Gwathagor, shaggydog, and Eonwe. If Dick runs into them, fine. If they are somewhere else, that's alright, too. Dick is headed to the stables, so you decide if he runs into you three or not.

-- Folwren
Old 04-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #664
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog View Post
Sorry! I said I'd post then didn't, because it looked like the three of us who have been posting are all trying to get started with characters in the Scarburg thread. So I was wondering if you two, Eonwe and Gwathagor, still want to finish out this hunting for wolves idea, or do you think we should just exit our characters from the Perch and then we can concentrate on the Scarburg thread? I might have some difficulty doing both due to time constraints. But then again, this thread moves so slowly it might not matter.

Well, any thoughts would be helpful.

I absolutely want to finish with the wolves before I move on to Scarburg. It oughtn't to take very long, as the wolves aren't far off. We'll run out, track them for a post or two, then have a showdown in which we kill all the wolves, and Gwathagor will disappear into the night. Then we can go our separate ways.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #665
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Alright, I've gotten us to the stables. I'm in no hurry myself to wrap this up, just be aware I'm not sure how much I can be on to post in the next week or so. Feel free to carry Jims along as we go. He of course wants to recover his horse but may not be much use as a fighter, not against wolves anyways.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #666
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Wooo! Lets hunt some wolves!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #667
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

The wolves are going to come to us.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #668
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I could post next...but I was the last one to post, so it would be bad form.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:56 PM   #669
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Right. I'll post tomorrow. Thanks, Gwathagor.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #670
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ok, great. Then I can post again without feeling guilty.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #671
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Forest Elf? No way! It's been a while!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #672
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
lol

Yeah, it has been awhile. So much has happened in these past few months I haven't had time to get on. I'm just starting to be able to breathe again. ^ ^

Sorry that I was gone for so long though. I was at school when I posted that, which is why the last paragraph is so short cause the bell rang. ^ ^'
Old 05-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #673
Girl in the Grass
Pile O'Bones

Girl in the Grass has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Mirabell Took

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: Wit?

APPEARANCE: Average height (for a hobbit), wavy golden hair. Blue eyes, green dress and shawl.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Very kind, but a little shy. Sometimes she will speak up to talk to strangers, if it seems important, but usually she keeps to herself. Once she gets to know and like you, she will always be joking and merry. However, if she catches you needlessly hurting an animal, or something similar, she will come out of her shell like a fireball.

HISTORY: Mirabell was born and raised in Tuckborough. She has traveled to Stock to pay her eccentric aunt a visit, but she has to stay at the Golden Perch (due to her aunt wanting to keep the guest room tidy "in case someone drops by").

Hey all! Putting up a post tonight, hopefully I won't interefere with the wolf dilemma.

--------------------------------------

Linked to Player/Character list ~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-07-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 AM   #674
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Welcome, Girl in the Grass! I don't believe you have interfered with the wolf dilemma at all. Both your post and your bio look good.

I have one question - is the hobbit Mirabell ran into Dick (my character) or Will (the stablehand that Dick can't find)?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #675
Girl in the Grass
Pile O'Bones

I had it planned that she had run into Dick.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #676
shaggydog
Animated Skeleton

Alright, I hope that moved things along a bit. Sorry to be so long in posting Gwathagor. I'm definitely leaving the bulk of the wolf fighting up to your character. Eonwe can take on as many as he likes, but I visualize Jims maybe taking on like one wolf . . . a little one . . . old and toothless if possible

Forest Elf, sorry I could not figure out a way to work in your char running past our group laughing hysterically Seeing as she didn't mention seeing them, I thought I'd just assume she maybe came towards the inn from a direction where she wouldn't necessarily be noted by the fearless wolf hunters I think we're trying to wrap up the wolf thing so I didn't want to prolong things too much.

Girl in the grass, ditto pretty much for what I said to Forest Elf. I just kind of recapped what you wrote and didn't have anyone try to question your char about why she was in such a hurry.

Feel free to say if I need to edit in any way, everyone.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #677
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

One sick, weak, and stupid wolf, coming up. And a whole passel of real big ones for me.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #678
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
That's alright, she's been in on a lot of the action anyways.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #679
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Hey y'all,

I'm sorry that I've been such a stranger. I've been so bogged down with school and work. I'll try to post asap. Please forgive my tardiness. Thanks muchly.

--The Elfchick
Old 05-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #680
Girl in the Grass
Pile O'Bones

Looks good, I think I'm going to wait for Folwren to post Dick's response before I go again, I don't want to write anything out-of-character.