The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2021, 02:04 PM   #321
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Yes, and an early vote toDay is much more dangerous than an early vote on D1. You realise if the wolves all pile on your vote and sally is first to get 4 votes, then even if the rest of us all vote a wolf it's still game over in case she's innocent, right?
They already would have.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:05 PM   #322
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I think I can also see a tandem between Kath and Morsul - Kath brought up the idea that Form's death points to sally, and Morsul keeps pushing it, also from the above trio Kath picks me and sally as her wolf choices but says nothing (as far as I see) about Morsul.
Fair point!

Morsul:
Day 1:
Post 14 states Hui is least suspicious. Many, myself included, found that a strong statement so early on. Post 19 this immediately switched as Morsul then thought Hui was focusing too much on their posts and that it would be a wolf pushing toward a bandwagon. I questioned the switch, more because saying Hui was least suspicious seemed odder to me than then moving to finding them suspicious later. Just seemed a very strong statement so early on. Morsul clearly feels attacked and in post 43 says they'll probably vote Hui, I guess out of self-preservation. In post 55 also mentions Boro as a suspect for seeming convinced of Morsul's innocence. Bearing in mind this was all long after I'd voted, when I read through all this with the benefit of hindsight there is definitely a feel of annoyed innocent.
Voted Hui for seeming to bandwagon while saying they didn't want to.

Day 2:
Morsul is one of the first posters of the Day and immediately looks at Form. Concludes that the Night kill likely either makes sally a wolf, or it's a frame job. Found Lottie's vote for Greenie suspicious because it meant she'd voted against her previous suspicions. Not quite sure who is being referred to here:
Quote:
Also the toss up slightly puts Huin into a tiny bit of suspicion because could’ve been saving a pack mate. But would she put her neck that far out for a pack mate on day 1?
List post 114 is odd, mostly because of the order of the suspects. So, they voted for Hui the Day before and are still suspicious, but have sally higher up the list despite just saying 'definitely needs to post more' about her. Made quite a good point I felt in post 129 but that's probably because it followed my thinking on the Form-Seer idea. I agree with post 145 and said something very similar - ends up with a wolf pack of sally/Lottie/Hui. With what we know now, could be a Morsulwolf hiding a packmates in with innocents. With that said, Morsul has been pretty focused on sally through the Day. And indeed has Lottie followed by sally at the top ones to vote for. sally being a wolf here doesn't mean Morsul isn't, especially as Lottie had been mentioned a lot through the Day and was quite a reasonable assumption for a Morsulwolf to think she'd get the votes over a sally packmate. But it is a relatively bold play and there was still definitely a chance of sally gaining votes. Then in post 154 backs right off Lottie.
Voted sally (first vote, so could be considered safe if wolf on wolf as it's the first one with no guarantee anyone would follow, and a lot of people talking about Lottie instead)

Day 3:
The 'plans' in Morsul's first post are the kind of thing that work in theory, but in practice? No. However, their point about an innocent voting the wrong person and the wolves jumping on it was a fair one. I understand the concern about throwing an early vote out, but Morsul votes sally not very long after this, and so far ... no jumping. Post 251 in conjunction with Boro uses Form's quotes to get to a suspect list of Morsul, sally, Pitch. However, in post 289 is then looking at a wolfpack of sally, Sori, Kath. Why the switch there Morsul, as I thought you'd agreed with Boro?
Voted sally.

Last edited by Kath; 04-25-2021 at 02:06 PM. Reason: x'd from post 316.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #323
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Guys don't waste your vote on me I'm harmless I swear, yes perhaps my arguments are backwards and minimalistic but honestly I couldn't eat someone!
I was guided to vote lottie when my gut feeling was Huin, snippets of Legate's posts (I remember #168 standing out) influenced this and because of this I am wary of him.

I'm not going to vote for Sally today after being so wrong about Huin and Lottie.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #324
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Day 3:
The 'plans' in Morsul's first post are the kind of thing that work in theory, but in practice? No. However, their point about an innocent voting the wrong person and the wolves jumping on it was a fair one. I understand the concern about throwing an early vote out, but Morsul votes sally not very long after this, and so far ... no jumping. Post 251 in conjunction with Boro uses Form's quotes to get to a suspect list of Morsul, sally, Pitch. However, in post 289 is then looking at a wolfpack of sally, Sori, Kath. Why the switch there Morsul, as I thought you'd agreed with Boro?
Voted sally.
I agree one of them is a wolf(Sally) that leaves two I’m 80% sure Sorimon is the second it’s the third I’m far less confident on with no one going over 25% at most.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:11 PM   #325
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Wouldn't vote....
Boro
Morsul
Pitch
Assuming she's not planning to self-vote, then sally is going completely off-piste from the message we think we've got from GhostForm. sally, can you explain what you think he meant by the quotes instead then?
Old 04-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #326
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Can I be honest I don’t care if we win or lose. This ghost thing is fun. Form is just top notch on the quotes
Well I care! So stop voting for me! I do love the quotes though. This is indeed phenomenal.

Quote:
Also if Lommy en't innocent she's faking it well enough for an Oscar.
Which she's done before, so I'm not surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
First off: feeling really bad about the Huin lynch, on multiple levels. I can't believe I noticed Form's death made him more likely innocent and ignored that I find that every time I ignore reason in favour of gut-feeling OR ignore gut-feeling in favour of reason I pick the wrong thing to follow. I would say, I'm sorry Huin, but since this worked in your favour last time (me ignoring your wolvish vibes because I had no actual proof you were a wolf, and you were), let's call it... even?
Yeah, why is that? Perhaps because you're a furry person? My gut is only supported by Lommy's readiness to go along with lynches she herself has disagreed with if they suit her.

Quote:
Also Morsul!!!! Why are you voting so early!! When you just said yourself we have to think carefully toDay??? As far as I see, you haven't really spent much time toDay analysing anybody or wondering why Lottie was killed. You just want us all to follow your gut? Geez, I don't like this. Okay, possibly a wolf would not be so brazen but you're narrowing our options on a whim and I don't like that. Or maybe Sally looks like a convenient target others might get behind because she's hardly been here but she's been suspected? Red flags. (I still don't have much of an opinion on Sally, since she hasn't been around. But I see she has a posted toDay already. Good.)

I don't know. I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who's willing to dig a trench and go hard from the beginning of the Day - that's what someone who knows who are on their side and who aren't would do. As has been pointed out, toDay is likely crucial. Therefore the wolves need to direct the village to lynch one of their own. They can go hard. They probably decided last Night who they're gunning for toDay. The rest of us can't afford tunnel vision like that, we have to actually think.
I agree with her reasoning regarding Morsul, but again, I think he's just a misguided innocent. I think Lommy is jumping too hard to my defense, which is in itself another bit of suspicion.

Quote:
Can someone explain to me that since when is one of Morsul, Sally and Pitch a werewolf?

And since this seems to come from Form's posts, how would the dead know? Since we don't have a dead seer? I doubt G55 would straight up tell them who the wolves are.

Either I'm slow or there's something straight up shady going on with Boro and Morsul.
Again making a good point, but it doesn't make me trust her any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
That's only fair. But I do answer with, you are also a steersman. Steering is in my nature just as much as it is in yours. I know where I'm steering, sometimes it is not straight, sometimes there are rapids ahead, and therefor it's better to take the longer path. Sometimes you must brave the rapids and risk losing folk with a true-heart in them. One thing I'm certain of, is I do not wish to be like my namesake and go straight over the falls of Rauros.

I agree there is more to do today than interpreting Form's messages and I like that there will be other conversations. For toDay, Legate perhaps it is a comfort to you that my steering is done. As Boromir says to Aragorn after Moria, "Lead on!" My flaw, I must often be reminded that 2 steersman, both with a good and loyal heart can pull in opposite directions. So my question to you, steersman, where are you going and what is your flaw?
I could wax poetic about my suspicions of Legate, but honestly, Boro encapsulates it well here.

Quote:
OK, sally, if I understand you right then you, Boro and Morsul are all innocent, as well as myself (which I knew already). Of course I'd be happy to believe that.

But then what of the message of the Dead that seems to say one of you, Morsul and me is a wolf? Do the Dead lie?
No, but they are fallible. Remember, our seer is still among us somewhere, so the dead have nothing to go on but their opinions.

x'd since my last, and breaking for lunch
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #327
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I agree one of them is a wolf(Sally) that leaves two I’m 80% sure Sorimon is the second it’s the third I’m far less confident on with no one going over 25% at most.
I've just worked this out, sorry. As in out of Morsul, sally, Pitch you're saying sally is the wolf and then working out who would be in the pack alongside. (Assuming it's not you of course ...)

I suppose it's just that we've no guarantee there is only one wolf in Morsul/sally/Pitch that had thrown me there.

Given Sori's strange posts it would be tempting to say wolf!
Old 04-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #328
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
They already would have.
Fair point.

Then again, if sally's #316 and #318 are a last ditch attempt by satansawerewolf to sway toDay's voting, who are her packmates? I know I'm not a wolf, I'm leaning Boro isn't either, I don't know about Morsul but he has been gunning for her two Days straight. What does she have to gain from keeping us around? Boro and I understand, if she figures we're more likely to trust her, but Morsul?
More importantly, why would she want us to vote any of Kath, Legate, Lommy or Sori? If Boro and Morsul aren't her packmates, they must be among these four, so why put them up for voting?
Old 04-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #329
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I've just worked this out, sorry. As in out of Morsul, sally, Pitch you're saying sally is the wolf and then working out who would be in the pack alongside. (Assuming it's not you of course ...)

I suppose it's just that we've no guarantee there is only one wolf in Morsul/sally/Pitch that had thrown me there.

Given Sori's strange posts it would be tempting to say wolf!
Aye it Could be Sally and Pitch are packmates but I don’t have any screaming lights pointing at Pitch.

Also Sally the dead do get information it’s just as i understand the rules cryptic to them and then filtered through quotes to us. Like a weird game of telephone interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation of a riddle. But certainly not nothing.

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 04-25-2021 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Corrected under to understand. Stupid autocorrect.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:28 PM   #330
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
No, but they are fallible. Remember, our seer is still among us somewhere, so the dead have nothing to go on but their opinions.
This is just not true. They don't know anyone's roles for sure, but they get snippets of info from the moddesses to work with, and they thought these important enough to send Form as a Ghost to pass them on to us. As per these messages, if Boro has interpreted them correctly (which Form confirmed in #287), at least one of five people who got votes on D1 is a wolf. Eliminating known innocents, that leaves you, Morsul and me. So?

Last edited by Pitchwife; 04-25-2021 at 02:29 PM. Reason: x-ed with Morsul
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #331
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In light of recent posts, yet another rules reminder. The Dead HAVE gotten Infodrops on both N2 and N3. This info was not concrete information as could befit a seer. It is not truly cryptic in the sense that you have to figure out a riddle, more just vague. Information that may limit your range of possibilities in certain scenarios but does not point to any one specific scenario being true.

Does that make sense? In 5 words: the Dead have vague facts.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #332
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, I stand partially corrected. They have info, but they could still be wrong.

Or I could be wrong, and Pitch or Morsul could be a wolf. That's equally possible, though I've seen nothing from Pitch I would find suspicious.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #333
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
l
I was guided to vote lottie when my gut feeling was Huin, snippets of Legate's posts (I remember #168 standing out) influenced this and because of this I am wary of him.
Legate didn’t vote Lottie though. Also you voted in 167.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #334
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Back, writing as I go...

Quote:
GhostForm's post in #276 ... I'm struggling. Is it that on Day 1 everyone had a choice, and then the reference to the little gardener - could that be Greenie. A Little Green. So then lots and none at all - lots of people voted for her but none at all were wolves? We already know Hui and Lottie, who voted Greenie, are innocent, so does that speak in Legate's favour possibly?
I thought gardener referred to Lottie with her gardening, but I have zero idea what the rest of the post is supposed to mean.

Quote:
Boro my only concern is FormerForm’s confirmation comes after your post and mine.

The question is if it’s confirming your interpretation or my vote.
That is exactly what I have been wondering about from the morning. I think we have one Ghost and a hundred interpreters, and everybody seems to be operating with the assumption that what they said is correct.

Quote:
Alright my vote for Lottie I think proves my innocence, I know it was a stange thing to switch my vote to Lottie over Huin. I thought that Huin was likely a wolf and if he was a wolf then lottie must be one too (sorry lottie my bad) and I felt like Huin was a stronger player to have as an ally if I was wrong.
WHAT? That does not make any sense whatsoever.

Quote:
I’m known for hard to follow logic but this defense is far beyond me.
Word.

Soriman, are you aware that by that logic, your vote for person A is completely dependent on the fact that person B is a Wolf - something you would not know? (And they were not.) But most of all, it say nothing whatsoever about your innocence or guilt.

Quote:
But the main point is they agreed without voting. I think we have a wolf trying to figure out what to do. Vote for their packmate or wait for a better bandwagon.
Hm, but so by your logic, if the Wolves agreed what to do, they would have a bandwagon ready. Which is exactly what you are doing.

Quote:
Actually, as per Form's message we don't know whether there were one or more werewolves among the "five you have measured", do we?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Originally Posted by The Council of Elrond
'We know not for certain,' answered Elrond sadly.
Okay, so this at least may be one clear clarification for the whole Day. But so that would mean at least somebody in "the five". But I would still like to make it clear, the five are the people who got votes minus Greenie, or those who did not get vote, who were five? Form confirmed several times Boro but was it specifically about this, or was it that he was roughly correct in terms of the whole posts he spoke? I would just like to have one clear statement on this because that may be relevant not only toDay, but for the future. And I don't think it has been said 100% clearly.

EDIT: x-ed with some
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #335
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of the Past
Do you really know it all, or are you just guessing still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of the Past
I may have started with guesses about Gollum, but I am not guessing now. I know.
Ghost
Old 04-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #336
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post

Hm, but so by your logic, if the Wolves agreed what to do, they would have a bandwagon ready. Which is exactly what you are doing.

The second point is arguable but I’ll cede it in the sense that I stand by my vote and think it’s right and therefore do hope others join me.

The first half is not correct(as I understand) They don’t have a bandwagon ready in the sense they have a name (if that’s what you mean) but that they’re waiting for someone to vote the wrong way and jump on it. Whether or not they discussed this I couldn’t say but I think it’s a fairly obvious strategy.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #337
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So I take this as a confirmation of the confirmation of what was said. Okay, good to have this out of the way.

EDIT: x-ed with Morsul
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #338
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think FormerForm(seriously guys it’s right there GhostForm is ok but FormerForm is just chef’s kiss.) i think it’s been confirmed we’re on the right track.

Xed with Legate
PS #FormerFormForFormalFormedFormations
Old 04-25-2021, 02:51 PM   #339
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Legate didn’t vote Lottie though. Also you voted in 167.

Yes Legate didn't vote lottie and appologies I had rememebered reading and agreeing with the points in #168 but yes you are right i'd alread locked in my vote in post #167, Legate casts suspicion on Lottie as early as #124 and just because they voted Huin doesn't mean they didn't plant seeds to get Lottie some votes.

My more suspicious behaviour can be explained away as me having some fun but let me make it clear If I am lynched tonight then the wolves win! I don't want to vote sally after Lottie and Huin were found innocent.

If you wish I am happy to self vote as a way to prove (kind of) my innocence but I'd prefer not to.

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-25-2021 at 02:52 PM. Reason: put names in bold
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #340
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
If you wish I am happy to self vote as a way to prove (kind of) my innocence but I'd prefer not to.
For Angband's sake if you're innocent and you self-vote you give the wolves a vote to pile on whydoIhavetoexplainthishaventwetalkedaboutitbefore and at the moment you're making it way too easy!
Old 04-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #341
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm back

And can I just say for starters the ghost is so much fun?

So, Form confirmed Boro's interpretation of his message was correct over Pitch's? Interesting. I still don't follow Form's #276, I'm afraid. (Have I mentioned I've always sucked in riddles? Not ideal for a game like this.)

Anyway, it's something to remember that Boro favours a theory that implicates Pitch/Sally/Morsul, while Pitch favours a theory that implicates Boro / Kath / Legate / Lommy / Sori. This could come in handy if we survive toDay, because it tells what direction each of them is willing to take the lynch toDay.

Soriman is again making me go ??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
In post 196 mentions she would have been worried if Lottie had reached 2 votes first - quite a swing from the earlier quite high level suspicion.
Yes, I found Lottie suspicious at first for her tunnel vision but after her lashing out and defending her innocence very much like a frustrated ordo towards the end of Day2, I changed my mind about her, and I did not want her to get lynched, especially since she was at that point tied with Sally, whom I didn't (and don't) consider particularly innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Comes out gunning for Boro for orchestrating the Hui lynch, I'd like an explanation of what she means by that, given by her own admission she decided Hui was innocent based on her analysis of Form and then voted Hui anyway.
You mean why did I say Boro orchestrated the Hui lynch? Because he made a big case against him and gave him the first vote, introducing him as a viable candidate when before that I think many people (myself included) had been vaguely suspicious of him but not really considering voting him (or that's my read of the situation). Boro as much as admitted having done this intentionally (or again, that's how I read it) when he said something along the lines of "see, this is how just one vote can start a bandwagon?"

And I think you are misrepresenting me a little. I didn't decide Hui was innocent based on Form's death, just that Form's death made him look better, moving him from "suspicious" to "unsure" in my mind. (And yeah I still voted for him because I was too tempted to resolve the Gordian knot of him and Boro and Legate - which sadly doesn't seem to have been resolved by Huin's death at all, in hindsight - since nobody else seemed very eager to vote those I suspected (even) more than Huin, namely you and Pitchwife.)

Speaking of this Form-Huin thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy #136
#61 argues for Hui's innocence while acknowledging he might be making a terrible mistake. This makes Hui look a bit better to me - I guess the wolves could have interpreted this post as seer!Form defending his known innocent?
But how would it have occurred to Lommy that the wolves thought Form was defending a dreamed innocent (ergo making Hui look better) if she didn't know that Hui was innocent to begin with?
*raises an eyebrow* Seriously, Pitch, did you not read the rest of that post of mine or did you wilfully take this out of context? I was looking for instances where Form talked about someone's guilt or innocence in a clear way. Ergo, that the wolves' might have considered seer dreams. And my conclusion was that his clearest opinions - which still weren't very clear btw - were that he trusted Huin and mistrusted Sally. So if the wolves picked him based on what he said about other players, it was either because Huin is innocent or because Sally is a wolf. So if you are asking how could I know that Huin is innocent, why aren't you asking me how could I know that Sally is a wolf? Does not compute.

I have no idea what to think about Kath saying that suggesting her and Morsul are packmates is a "fair point". Really?

Side note: speaking of voting - let's not forget the dead can break a tie. While they don't know any better than us, we can at least trust them to have good intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Yeah, why is that? Perhaps because you're a furry person? My gut is only supported by Lommy's readiness to go along with lynches she herself has disagreed with if they suit her.
For the last time, I did not find Huin innocent. I wouldn't have voted him if I thought he was innocent. Yes, I found a point that could be in his favour, and then looking at the overall picture, decided to ignore that particular point. You don't have to kick me for it, I'm already doing it myself, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Also Morsul!!!! Why are you voting so early!! When you just said yourself we have to think carefully toDay??? As far as I see, you haven't really spent much time toDay analysing anybody or wondering why Lottie was killed. You just want us all to follow your gut? Geez, I don't like this. Okay, possibly a wolf would not be so brazen but you're narrowing our options on a whim and I don't like that. Or maybe Sally looks like a convenient target others might get behind because she's hardly been here but she's been suspected? Red flags. (I still don't have much of an opinion on Sally, since she hasn't been around. But I see she has a posted toDay already. Good.)

I don't know. I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who's willing to dig a trench and go hard from the beginning of the Day - that's what someone who knows who are on their side and who aren't would do. As has been pointed out, toDay is likely crucial. Therefore the wolves need to direct the village to lynch one of their own. They can go hard. They probably decided last Night who they're gunning for toDay. The rest of us can't afford tunnel vision like that, we have to actually think.
I agree with her reasoning regarding Morsul, but again, I think he's just a misguided innocent. I think Lommy is jumping too hard to my defense, which is in itself another bit of suspicion.
???? If you are innocent, why would defending you be suspicious? This is an extremely odd thing to say, especially about a post that was rather anti-Morsul than pro-you. Idk, Sally, now that you finally are around, I'm not very impressed by what I'm seeing.

Do you guys know what would be the funniest thing ever? If the pack was Sally AND Morsul AND Pitch. Frankly, it looks fairly possible. This post of Sally's certainly made me think there could be a Sally-Morsul connection at least.

edit: xed with everyone after Legate's longer post
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #342
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
NO. DO NOT DO THAT.

Don't vote me either, because same result, but never, ever self-vote at such a crucial time.

x'd with Lommy
Old 04-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #343
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Soriman, if you're innocent, you should not self-vote.

If you're a wolf, however, it sounds like a great strategy.

edit: xed with Sally
Old 04-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #344
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Quote:
Soriman, are you aware that by that logic, your vote for person A is completely dependent on the fact that person B is a Wolf - something you would not know? (And they were not.)
Yes my vote was dependant on trusting in Huin being a wolf I picked my second highest candidate due to being influenced and thinking Huin was good at the game and it would be a shame to lose him if I was wrong about him.
Quote:
But most of all, it say nothing whatsoever about your innocence or guilt.
Sorry; Noted.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:06 PM   #345
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Yes Legate didn't vote lottie and appologies I had rememebered reading and agreeing with the points in #168 but yes you are right i'd alread locked in my vote in post #167, Legate casts suspicion on Lottie as early as #124 and just because they voted Huin doesn't mean they didn't plant seeds to get Lottie some votes.
Okay, not only was this really fishily phrased, but I had to backcheck this and in fact that is straightaway fabricated. Because the only thing what I said about Lottie there was outlining the following possible scenario:
Quote:
Also knowing Greenie being innocent, Lottie's vote which "sealed the deal" might have been a way of Lotwolf to save a fellow Huiwolf from the noose. But I think a scenario where Hui and Lottie are both Wolves who voted in order to save Hui would be almost to good to be true. Of course, it is perfectly possible. But Lottie doing this specifically in order to save Hui requires multiple premises to be true first.
So not, that is actually literally what you just claimed you operated with in one of your previous posts - but that's exactly why it does not make a sense as a theory to base anything on! It is only true if X is true!

Quote:
What????? No, that is the last thing you should do if you are innocent! Self-vote would help only the Wolves, not anybody else!

EDIT: x-ed with several
Old 04-25-2021, 03:09 PM   #346
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I have no idea what to think about Kath saying that suggesting her and Morsul are packmates is a "fair point". Really?
No. I said she was focussing on me and sally and ignoring Morsul, and she conceded that this was a fair point.

Quote:
Side note: speaking of voting - let's not forget the dead can break a tie. While they don't know any better than us, we can at least trust them to have good intentions.
Ah, but they can't send a Ghost and vote on the same Day, can they?

Quote:
If you are innocent, why would defending you be suspicious?
Because innocents (ordos) don't know anyone's roles, so defending someone too strongly may indicate you know they're innocent, which only Seer and wolves can know. Isn't this Werewolf 101?
Old 04-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #347
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Ah, but they can't send a Ghost and vote on the same Day, can they?
Yes they can. The Ghost cannot vote, because during the haunting he doesn't truly belong in either thread, so to speak. The rest of the Dead carry on as they do.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:17 PM   #348
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

That’s something I did in my first game as a werewolf. Didn’t help my suspicion of you.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:24 PM   #349
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Or I could be wrong, and Pitch or Morsul could be a wolf. That's equally possible, though I've seen nothing from Pitch I would find suspicious.
But not Boro, I take it? That's a relief... if we can believe you, which I'm not at all sure of.
Actually I think the time for vague hints has passed - if I've seen it, I'm sure the wolves have. So if you're hinting what I think you are, spill!
Old 04-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #350
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Because innocents (ordos) don't know anyone's roles, so defending someone too strongly may indicate you know they're innocent, which only Seer and wolves can know. Isn't this Werewolf 101?
This might have been a fair point if I'd actually defended Sally strongly, but what I said was that I'm suspicious of Morsul because he jumped on Sally so quickly and she seemed like an easy target.

Also it's past midnight, I have work fairly early tomorrow, and I should really vote and go to sleep, but I hate making big decisions. I find all of Morsul, Pitch and Sally suspicious to some degree, and Lottie suspected them all too. If I was the ghost, I'd use a certain dialogue between Gandalf and Frodo and comforting thoughts here. As much as I'd like them all to be wolves, I don't think that's the case.

Since her anything but reassuring appearance toDay, I think lynching Sally might be our best bet toDay. Both Form and Lottie's deaths could point to her, too. I don't think we're gonna get a much better case.

But. If I vote her and she's innocent, it's game over for us. To be entirely honest, I don't really want that kind of responsibility.

edit: xed with Pitch
Old 04-25-2021, 03:28 PM   #351
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Seriously, Pitch and Sally? Seriously? At my bedtime???
Old 04-25-2021, 03:30 PM   #352
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Seriously, Pitch and Sally? Seriously? At my bedtime???
Mine too, if that's any consolation.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #353
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sally?
Old 04-25-2021, 03:36 PM   #354
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I mean, you're literally asking for it, so yes, fine, I'm the seer. Of all games to be busy at the wrong times.

Boro and Morsul are innocent. Sadly that's all I know of use right now.

Night one: Boro (because my prince!)
Night two: Morsul
Night three: Lottie (again, sorry!)

Like I said, the dead are fallible.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #355
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh. My. God.

Okay I am not voting until I have processed data.

Sorry, a more coherent post coming up soon.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #356
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

What in the name of all.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #357
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

And here I was just trying to use reason to figure out some Wolfproof way to vote.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #358
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

This ridiculous by play between sally and Pitch is making me think there is more than one wolf in that little gang, because if sally is the Seer I'll eat my hat.

Form's death and Lottie's death point to her, GhostForm was happy with Morsul's vote and we know the Dead Thread have some additional information even if it isn't totally concrete.

So I'll put my money where my mouth is and hope no one is misled by what is looking like one orchestrated as heck charade between sally and Pitch.

++sally

Last edited by Kath; 04-25-2021 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Fixed voting
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #359
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kath if you really are an innocent who thinks Sally and Pitch are having a charade, why don't you vote Pitch who certainly isn't the seer??????
Old 04-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #360
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

What the fork, Kath?!