The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #201
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night falls.....FOREVER

Doubt was on everyone's mind that morning...would they kill another innocent villager?

"It's Kath!" cried Greenie. "I know it must be!"

"You know what?" said Lommy with a toothy grin. "I think you're right!"

"Me too," growled Rikae.

"Um," said Kath. "No?"

"Um, yes," retorted Rikae. With a snarl, he ripped Kath's head clean off her body.

"UmmmmmmUUHHHHHHH," said Greenie. "Maybe we've gotten ahead of ourselves?"

Sally looked worried. "Yeah. If I counted right, we're now neck-and-neck. Maybe we can put...her head....back on.....?"

"No take-backsies!" howled Rikae. Thinlomien joined him, their duet echoing off of the buildings and hills and trees (but not mushrooms).

Greenie unveiled her secret weapon....she had been growing the hottest peppers known to humankind!!

...unfortunately, wolfkind was a bit more tolerant of these things.

"Soooooo spicy!" shrieked Greenie.

"Stop! In the name of love!" wailed Sally, calling on people who weren't even there.

Oh, but you have been playing for far too long to think they actually would stop. Evisceration, disembowelment, be-limbing, cavorting in blood...they all happened. So much.

After there was nothing left to kill, Lommy and Rikae surveyed the abandoned village. Already a thin layer of dust had settled over most of it.
They set fire to the buildings to try and hide the evidence.

"Should we lure more people here?" wondered Rikae.

"Nah," said Lommy. "Let the mushrooms have this place. There are many more villages out there. I think our fun is just beginning."

"I like fun," replied Rikae. "I"m a fun-gi."

Lommy rolled her eyes. What was she spore'sd to do? Eventually she wouldn't be able to take the puns any morel, but for now, this victory was a feather in her cap.

Had Kath the farmer been alive, she may have been willing to tell people of the peculiar qualities of these particular mushrooms. As she wasn't alive and probably would not have been willing to tell two murderous werewolves anyway, the secret died with her.

Well, it nearly died.

As the fire reached the tavern cellar full of mushrooms, an explosion rocked the land, raising a cloud to the heavens and carving a crater into the hells. Nobody would be able to tell a village had been there, and nobody would be able to tell what had happened to the inhabitants.

Rikae and Lommy walked away from the explosion looking as cool as moderately singed wolves could be.

WOLVES WIN!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #202
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Yay!

You know, for a game with no seer, that was not easy. Such a small village, nowhere to hide (as, I think, Legate pointed out)... whew.

And yeah, Sally, your wolf-radar was scary. You had me worried there for a while.

Last edited by Rikae; 09-26-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:13 AM   #203
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I was once in a pack with the legendary Fea, who described herself as a "skinny piece of lynch-bait". I think that is perfectly applicable to me as well.
At least I avoided leaving any obvious trails to my mates, though being fenrised makes that a bit easier.

A beautiful job from Lommy and Rikae! Nice deflection work!

Thanks for the game, Oddwen. And it was great playing with everyone, as always.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:05 AM   #204
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*high five*

This was a crazy game though, the quietest I played in ages. And we kept lynching the louder players, and I can't say we exactly avoided killing loudmouths either.

I wish I'd had more time, too - Day1 was kind of a normal day but Days 2 and 3 I basically had something to do since I woke up until I went to sleep (while sleeping too little ) and I no longer can play ww at work even a bit. And Day4 I was on the countryside with friends. It was just crazy, and had I been an ordo, I think I would've just kill-baited myself very hard.

(Speaking of ploys, I did want to have one in my sleeve, especially as there was talk of special things before the game. I was kind of keeping the option of a fake seer reveal open until about Day3. )

But yeah, I don't know how come being a wolf is so difficult, but it just is. But I do have clarify you folks suspected me for the wrong reasons. I definitely didn't try to save Inzil - I didn't even realise my voting Legate could constitute as such. I actually really wanted to give him a second vote because I didn't think he'd get lynched anyway (lol) and it might look good later, but I didn't want to do it because I hadn't really suspected him at all except for the comment about him always being a wolf. (And hey, just for the record, I think I'd have said it as an ordo too, there was literally nothing much else to say on early Day1.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #205
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But I do have clarify you folks suspected me for the wrong reasons.
I hate it when they do that. Like it being "wolfish reasoning" to say the Shasta kill had to do with his reputation: it did, at least for my part!

Or the "filp flop" on Legate: I would have loved to keep going after Legate, but I figured he'd made himself too innocent looking with his vote.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #206
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well played, wolves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I hate it when they do that. Like it being "wolfish reasoning" to say the Shasta kill had to do with his reputation: it did, at least for my part!
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #207
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Congratulations wolves! Well played in the days and smart kills at night.

I think the villagers need to be a bit disappointed with themselves, though. Lynching me ahead of Rikae was pretty much unforgiveable (obviously ) and I was actually yelling at my screen when I saw that Legate had been lynched.

Praise be to Oddwen for her always entertaining modding.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:49 AM   #208
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, congrats Wolves! And thanks to my fellow villagers, except for those who lynched me for utterly ridiculous reasons. As usual.

I would second that this game was a bit too quiet, obviously it had a lot to do with the assortment of DLs and with the size of the village. Nonetheless, it was nice to play again. Thanks to Moddwen!

Quote:
Well, then it was wolfish reasoning.

Quote:
Or the "filp flop" on Legate: I would have loved to keep going after Legate, but I figured he'd made himself too innocent looking with his vote.
Yeah, that actually made me first trust you, and then to start suspecting you because you were still slightly nudging towards "maybe there is something fishy about him..." and keeping the option open for others while saying "but he lynched Zil" and backing away from leading my lynching yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I think the villagers need to be a bit disappointed with themselves, though. Lynching me ahead of Rikae was pretty much unforgiveable (obviously) and I was actually yelling at my screen when I saw that Legate had been lynched.
I wasn't yelling, but I am slowly losing the hope of anyone ever not lynching me because I am who I am. In the last like three years, it's been happening regularly that I was lynched on Day 1, now it might be a few days later - after I had voted for a Wolf in a way that sealed his fate. Now, honestly...

However, I pride myself in hitting two of the Wolves pretty clearly when I was still alive, and just after I died, Aganzir asked me who I thought the WWs were. I said two of Lommy, Rikae or Greenie (I actually then said Rikae and then either Lommy or Greenie, because after my lynch I was certain it was Rikae, whereas I started being unsure about my previous suspect Lommy).

Sorry for not trusting you, Eomer, because in hindsight I should have gone with my hunch that what you were doing was simply how innocent behaves. I got the very same thing right later with Sally though, who started being clearly more innocent when she started posting more. (An idea for the future, Sally? )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #209
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I wasn't yelling, but I am slowly losing the hope of anyone ever not lynching me because I am who I am. In the last like three years, it's been happening regularly that I was lynched on Day 1, now it might be a few days later - after I had voted for a Wolf in a way that sealed his fate. Now, honestly...
Welcome to the club, brother.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 AM   #210
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Well, then it was wolfish reasoning.
You don't know how tempted I was to blurt that out at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Yeah, that actually made me first trust you, and then to start suspecting you because you were still slightly nudging towards "maybe there is something fishy about him..." and keeping the option open for others while saying "but he lynched Zil" and backing away from leading my lynching yourself.
Yeah, that was a pretty conscious choice. "Now I'll butter Legate up... Now I have to lay the groundwork to vote for him, even though it'll make me look more suspicious.". Like walking a tightrope.

Tags
werewolf, werewolf game