The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #241
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Lottie, find someone else to execute. I voted for you because you had me thinking Rikae was in the game. I thought, I got to vote, Lottie's confusing me, if she's going to do that, that's the best thing I got. It's only a bandwagon because of coming after Glirdan's. I'll ask you since you apparently know me oh so well now after being PM buddies a whole 24 hours...do you really think as a wolf I would go for the easy Day 1 option? I can't help when I have to vote, but heck at least I do it. That's the only reason you have a reason to suspect me, unlike half the rest of this place.
Yes, but you knew full well that Glirdy had already voted for me. You even mentioned it in your post. It looks a lot like a Boro-wolf saying "Meh, gotta get someone lynched. Ohai, there's an option!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And in case it's not clear what I'm getting at in my last post: I wouldn't be surprised if Boro and Blind Guardian were packmates. It sort of looks that way. I mean she might be just a newbie who is grateful to him for being kind to her, and doesn't understand why he's suspicious, but still...
You have a really good point there, and if we lynched one and xe turns out evil, I'd say the other has a very good chance of being evil, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And I don't know about Lottie, but I do think you would go for an easy lynch. Why on Earth not?
For the evil lynch? Yes, assuming you mean someone who is above-and-beyond in terms of suspicious activity. I don't think he'd go for a bandwaggon on someone when he doesn't have any real reasons for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
And Nerwen yes I do often suspect you but for you to go along with all the banter and then write a "Play" seems so not you.
You do realize that she wrote her "play" after you posted that you suspected her? This looks like you coming up with reasons after coming up with your suspicion, when it should be the other way around.

Also, loved the play, Nerwen.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #242
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I can't add reasons now?... When I posted she seemed to be going along with the banter the play just added to the reason... I don't understand your point.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #243
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmm. So Boro and BG have votes already. What to make of that?

YesterDay I wasn't too impressed with Boro's reasoning for voting Lottie. It looked extremely bandwaggonish, coming after Glirdan's vote.

I already didn't like the way he seemed to be saying two contradictory things about Nienna here:.

Quote:
Nienna's straight to business post is a good sign of her being innocent. Even though it was a response to Lottie, don't like the somewhat random seer-advisory message.
I made a comment on that, and Boro answered thusly:

Quote:
Maybe to you, but to me it says I'm telling Nienna I like her usual business-like approach, but not the content.
Now to me, when you say a post makes someone look innocent, you're saying you think their words are those of an innocent. Granted, I'm notoriously pedantic, but that did seem rather wishy-washy.

Boro's response to suspicion toDay doesn't look too bad, though.

And BG?

I've thought some of her newbieness was so overt as to be suspect. Then again, I have to wonder if she was a wolf, if her packmates wouldn't have told her to tone it down last Night.

Lynching either of them might tell us something useful, but I'd like to look at some others to avoid tunnel vision here.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #244
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I can't add reasons now?... When I posted she seemed to be going along with the banter the play just added to the reason... I don't understand your point.
You can add reasons now, technically, but you shouldn't use it as explanation for previous suspicion. Also, your logic itself is faulty. Nerwen's play was anything but going along with the banter. If you want to suspect someone based on the banter, suspect me or BeiGe - the ones who were doing the bantering.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #245
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
hence my BlindGuardian vote.. the reason it made Nerwen suspicious Vs. you... you Always banter she's usually fairly serious
Old 05-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #246
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
hence my BlindGuardian vote.. the reason it made Nerwen suspicious Vs. you... you Always banter she's usually fairly serious
Yeah, I do always banter, I'm not going to argue that. But Nerwen didn't really banter much herself. Her play was more rolling her eyes at the banter, or at least, that's what I got from it.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #247
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rereading it I see what you mean... Though you have to admit at a glance it does seem reminiscent of your many song parodies(I spelled reminiscent correctly proud of self.)
Old 05-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #248
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Rereading it I see what you mean... Though you have to admit at a glance it does seem reminiscent of your many song parodies(I spelled reminiscent correctly proud of self.)
I don't see the connection, really. But glad to see I wasn't completely off.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #249
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Yay! I'm here! I'm hoping that the internet here continues to work. It's been kinda spotty.

Looks like an exciting Day 1. Wish I could've been here to see it, however being here has been a LOT of fun, and I wouldn't trade it.

Anyways, on to the game...BTW I remember someone posting "I lost the game." So thanks, now I did too.

I've been spending the last several hours playing catch up to see what I missed, and what's happening. I haven't really drawn any conclusions at this point. I do have a question though. I noticed Boro is under suspicion for bandwagoning Lottie yesterday. Is this the only evidence we have on Boro is there something else? I feel like such a newbie at times, I guess technically I am since this is only my fourth game. I just wish I had a better handle on this like some of ya'll.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #250
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Anyways, on to the game...BTW I remember someone posting "I lost the game." So thanks, now I did too.

I've been spending the last several hours playing catch up to see what I missed, and what's happening. I haven't really drawn any conclusions at this point. I do have a question though. I noticed Boro is under suspicion for bandwagoning Lottie yesterday. Is this the only evidence we have on Boro is there something else? I feel like such a newbie at times, I guess technically I am since this is only my fourth game. I just wish I had a better handle on this like some of ya'll.
1. I just did, too.

2. That's basically it, but we don't really have much besides voting records at the moment. Voting record, or lack of it, is most of my suspicion on Morsul, too (although his later posting has been somewhat troubling, as well). Based on Boro's later posting, I can't say - but his voting is troubling. It's not enough to assume that he's a wolf - but it's enough to guess.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #251
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The Celuien Chronicle

Smilies removed per forum restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
I don't think I like falling at all! It's bad on the nerves, and not at all like gliding down over Mulholland...

Why couldn't we go over the mountain rather than into Moria?
Banter.

Quote:
Oh good! At least I'm not falling alone now. I don't like heights and I'm scared of the dark in this accursed place!

Glirdy is always evil. Even when he's not.

I wish I had butterfly wings right now to fly around in here... but I'll settle for grabbing the walls with my sticky frog finger tips... maybe that makes me a Gollum...

EDIT: crossed with the nickname discussion. Hi there!
More banter, with a reference to Glirdan.

Quote:
Ooh! Xed. I like. Henceforth, that shall be my nickname, and it shall be mine.
Quote:
Bah. I don't like the hairy kind of strong leaders, and mistrust leaders in general, even when not hairy and wolvish. Anarchy for the win!

I think I shall wait for more of the fallers to wake up before selecting suspects. So far, I've nothing to go on, but am greatly enjoying the nicknaming.
Says needs to see more of everyone to form opinions.

Quote:
As long as they take a bath...
Banter.

Quote:
I think votes used to have to be bolded to make them easier to see and count, but I haven't been here for a very, very long time and don't know if that has become an official rule or not.
Explains voting protocol to I think, BG.

Quote:
I plead not guilty to the charge of being a wolf. For evidence, I submit my entry in the hitchhiker's guide - mostly harmless. Also, I love to eat garlic. Wait, that's for vampires...

However, all of our cotravelers who aren't at the party yet are definitely wolves.
Hmm. This might seem a bit off, but it could also be just part of her style.

Quote:
Well, depending on timezone, yes (3 AM here, woohoo!). But Day with a D is the phase in the game when the village is up to talk, and not the actual RL daytime with a d. In this case, Day starts and ends whenever the 24h deadline passes in game - in this case, starting about 3h ago.
More explaining rules.

Quote:
Yellow submarines!

I rather like that I've only played with about half of this group before... it keeps my old habits of preconceived assumptions from prior games mostly out of my reasoning, which is excellent.
Likes that she doesn't know us all.

Quote:
So between now and the end of the Day, the village can be expected to go absolutely mad and vote someone to die a gruesome death for wolfishness. After that, the 24h Night phase starts, during which the wolvies may PM and the gifteds get to do their thing.

No one dies on the first night except the mod to give everyone a chance to play.
More rules explanations.

Quote:
Day one lack of substance and early bandwagons. These are a few of my favorite things... not.

Goes catching up on the last page...
My only problem with that statement is that she contributed precious little substance herself.

Quote:
Yay, Tom Petty!

I have a mild problem... no one is appearing suspicious to me so far. The only thing that is bothering me is the rule talk above, which I find a little bit distracting... but that is probably just perfectly legitimate clarification for the new entry into WW... and the most I could possibly make out of it is a pair of shoes if I wanted to find it suspicious.

Arbitrary kill off, Shasta??
So no one looks suspicious. Says the discussions of the rules bother her, but again, she did quite a bit of that herself.

Quote:
Regarding the special extra powers, I think it makes sense to hold on to that for later. Having an extra dream at the end of some past games would have made all the difference then...

I won't vote for anyone who hasn't been here. Of those who have, the only one I can't get anything on at all is Elfie. And so...

++Elfie
Says that the Gifteds, singling out the Seer, should hold onto extra powers and not use them immediately. I agree that two dreams in one Night possibly would be useful to the Seer later rather than sooner, but I still worry that the Seer might leave it too late, and have the bad luck to be Night-killed, with us getting nothing.
More concerning is the vote for TEW. Voting someone just because you don't have any sort of read on them? That seems awfully arbitrary, and a very safe vote for someone of the furry persuasion.

x/d with tum and Lottie
Old 05-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Now to me, when you say a post makes someone look innocent, you're saying you think their words are those of an innocent. Granted, I'm notoriously pedantic, but that did seem rather wishy-washy.
I just think there's a difference between attitude and the content. Like Lottie usually winds up saying several confusing things and writing creepy song parodies that get her in trouble. However, be PM buds with her for a day and you'll also find out she's quite the feisty, aggressive wolf-huntress. I mean in that relationship I found myself being the calmer and tempered one, and that rarely happens.

Yesterday, she just confused me and was distant from the action until the end of the day. People may think it's a weak reason for a vote, but it was a vote and at the start of today it looked like everyone's just assuming she's innocent and ignoring the fact that an innocent got lynched. So, I make this vote that apparently was a weak one, but besides Lottie there shouldn't be many who have insight to her role, and I'm definitely suspicious of those who are claiming that I made a bad vote with terrible reasons.

Today, she's been feisty and in the action, which seems typical Lottie and good to see, but I do not like the content she's been saying about me! It's essentially what I meant about Nienna yesterday, it was good to see her "cut the banter, I'm going to make my posts mean something" attitude, but not the rather random advice for the seer.

Quote:
Boro's response to suspicion toDay doesn't look too bad, though.
Well, I actually agree with Nerwen, I've been disappointed so far in my own participation. I find myself loving the game mechanics and "bonus" options, but I don't have the time to partake in more. I mean I'm probably going t be in bed within the hour, because literally my weekdays I spend over half the day preparing for work, driving to/from work, and work. So, I may seem a bit of a grouch the first few days, that's nothing anyone's done, just my own exhaustion setting in. (I think I was the one who called you lazy Morsul, didn't mean any offense. My frustration is I'm able to find time after 13 hours a day away from a computer, at work, and still play and vote than there really is no reasonable excuse for anyone aside from bad internet or being straight out sick. I mean you might not like having to make a decision based on 3 pages of banter, but it screws the rest who do make that voting decision as well as just being kind of rude to the Mod.)

I'm feeling a little less curmudgeonly than the start of the day. The thing about the start is it was like it was determined I drew the short straw today and everything was building fast for every possible reason.

1. Didn't like my vote - sorry, but how is it bad again? And how can anyone say it was weak and easy when multiple people didn't even vote at all, and then others at the end voted to lynch an innocent Nienna? For what reason? She voted for a newbie on Day 1?

I guess it was a throw away on her part, she couldn't have expected a new player to get lynched on Day 1, but she voted for someone who up to that point didn't post at all. I was going to ask her why she didn't vote McCaber, who is not a new player and had not shown up, and yet again hasn't shown up. This has got me in trouble for suggesting it before, but as far as I know right now McCaber is going to get mod-fired if he doesn't come on to vote. We've already had wilwa pull out, it would likely be a good idea to leave McCaber as a viable choice if there is no one else that is striking us as a sure-fire wolf. And als tum for that matter who's completely disappeared as well. My oh my, there really is A LOT of dead weight and this is just going to start making me more bitter.

2. I killed Izzy because her vote meant I thought she was the seer - Now I always want to kill the seer early as a wolf, because fact is I'm likely going to be an early seer dream. But newsflash for you, I don't freak out about every single person who votes for me and think IZZY VOTED FOR ME SHE HAS TO BE THE SEER! Izzy's a savvy vet, and to give away her dream that easily, is not only bold but I don't see it. Also, the fact that of the multiple people who voted towards the end yesterday I swear 3-4 of you announced some sort of suspicion, or uncomfortability about me (including Paranoia trying to take back his vote and vote for me)...that would raise my alarms of a possible seer much more than Izzy voting for me.

Has it even been considered that Izzy, who would have known one wolf was taking directions of who to vote for, from the wolf that she knew? There were a lot of people who said I looked suspicious yesterday, but nope, I killed Izzy because I freaked over the 1 vote for me.

3. Some mysterious narrational hint, that wasn't a hint at all and Mira back-pedalled from.

4. Saying I'm going to "curl into a ball."

So 3-4 I might be exaggerating a bit, but seriously at the start of the day I had everything being thrown at me...at least I haven't heard the "Boro's looking too desperate in defending himself" Probably because I can't participate much, and after this post, wonder if that one will be added to the laundry list.

Edit: crossed with several, but hey tum's showed up, don't have to worry about that. McCaber?

Last edited by Boromir88; 05-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #253
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I just think there's a difference between attitude and the content.
Quote:
It's essentially what I meant about Nienna yesterday, it was good to see her "cut the banter, I'm going to make my posts mean something" attitude, but not the rather random advice for the seer.
I understand what you meant, now. It wasn't terribly clear earlier.

Quote:
My frustration is I'm able to find time after 13 hours a day away from a computer, at work, and still play and vote than there really is no reasonable excuse for anyone aside from bad internet or being straight out sick. I mean you might not like having to make a decision based on 3 pages of banter, but it screws the rest who do make that voting decision as well as just being kind of rude to the Mod.)
I can understand that as well. Day 1 I slept and worked virtually the whole Day, and had to make a mad dash to make it in time to vote, having about 2 minutes to skim the thread.

Quote:
We've already had wilwa pull out, it would likely be a good idea to leave McCaber as a viable choice if there is no one else that is striking us as a sure-fire wolf. And als tum for that matter who's completely disappeared as well. My oh my, there really is A LOT of dead weight and this is just going to start making me more bitter.
I've always disagreed with the idea of voting for people who are likely to be modkilled. It seems like nothing but a waste.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #254
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
1. Didn't like my vote - sorry, but how is it bad again? And how can anyone say it was weak and easy when multiple people didn't even vote at all, and then others at the end voted to lynch an innocent Nienna? For what reason? She voted for a newbie on Day 1?

I guess it was a throw away on her part, she couldn't have expected a new player to get lynched on Day 1, but she voted for someone who up to that point didn't post at all. I was going to ask her why she didn't vote McCaber, who is not a new player and had not shown up, and yet again hasn't shown up. This has got me in trouble for suggesting it before, but as far as I know right now McCaber is going to get mod-fired if he doesn't come on to vote. We've already had wilwa pull out, it would likely be a good idea to leave McCaber as a viable choice if there is no one else that is striking us as a sure-fire wolf. And als tum for that matter who's completely disappeared as well. My oh my, there really is A LOT of dead weight and this is just going to start making me more bitter.
I agree with this. I really see nothing wrong with your vote. Granted I haven't played much with you so don't really know how you play or vote. I also agree that there are those that haven't voted. I know I am included in that, however I was traveling so wasn't able to. As long as my internet continues to work, I will be voting toDay.

I do wonder where everybody has been. It seems that there isn't much to go on. Pretty much some of the votes from yesterDay, but even that doesn't seem like a lot to go off of.

Quote:
So 3-4 I might be exaggerating a bit, but seriously at the start of the day I had everything being thrown at me...at least I haven't heard the "Boro's looking too desperate in defending himself" Probably because I can't participate much, and after this post, wonder if that one will be added to the laundry list.
This just made me laugh. Sounds like you have a reputation around here.

Edit: x-ed with Inzil
Old 05-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #255
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Announcement

Our esteemed mod is unable to grace us with his presence this Evening. That being said, he's asked me to call DL and all that rubbish, and I'll be texting him the lynch result, so there won't be a big lull in information or anything. I love considerate mods! *snuggles Shasta* So yeah, that's about it. Continue!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #256
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Edited out smilies.

Quote:

2. I killed Izzy because her vote meant I thought she was the seer - Now I always want to kill the seer early as a wolf, because fact is I'm likely going to be an early seer dream. But newsflash for you, I don't freak out about every single person who votes for me and think IZZY VOTED FOR ME SHE HAS TO BE THE SEER! Izzy's a savvy vet, and to give away her dream that easily, is not only bold but I don't see it. Also, the fact that of the multiple people who voted towards the end yesterday I swear 3-4 of you announced some sort of suspicion, or uncomfortability about me (including Paranoia trying to take back his vote and vote for me)...that would raise my alarms of a possible seer much more than Izzy voting for me.

Has it even been considered that Izzy, who would have known one wolf was taking directions of who to vote for, from the wolf that she knew? There were a lot of people who said I looked suspicious yesterday, but nope, I killed Izzy because I freaked over the 1 vote for me.

3. Some mysterious narrational hint, that wasn't a hint at all and Mira back-pedalled from.

4. Saying I'm going to "curl into a ball."

Edit: crossed with several, but hey tum's showed up, don't have to worry about that. McCaber?
1. Because I didn't think that sort of vote was something you would do. But I agree that the no-shows are a bit annoying.

2. Okay, when I first read this, I got all excited because I thought he'd revealed, and then I read further.

3 - 4. But that's so obviously evil! It's really the only definitive proof we have!

Anywho, this whole post is very vexing to me, because it looks rather innocent. And that means I have to think rather than just keep suspecting him (which is, as you all know, much easier). Now my poor little brain is all awhirl with confusion, because my gut says "noooo! wolf!!! lynch!" but my mind is saying "are you sure you're not just retaliating? keep him around for another Day!" and I don't know which to follow.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #257
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
I've always disagreed with the idea of voting for people who are likely to be modkilled. It seems like nothing but a waste.
This makes sense to me, yet at the same time I'm almost tempted to vote for them.

I may have to vote soon because my internet keeps on going out, and I don't want to not vote again. I'm soooo loving that idea...NOT! Especially since it doesn't look like there's a lot to go off of. I'm not convinced Boro's vote is enough to vote for him.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #258
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Well one time voting that way did get a wolf. But at that time I don't think there were clear mod-fire rules if someone didn't vote so many days in a row.

I'm not saying everyone bandwagons to vote McCaber, because that doesn't tell us anything (even if he is a wolf) and would be a waste. However, giving him a few votes to make him an able quick choice if needed to avoid a disastrous lynch shouldn't be anything to *gasp* over.

Not everyone can stay to the DL everyday (this game I'm gonna be one of those who can't). As far as I know right now, he's going to be mod-fired at the end of the day if he doesn't vote, and if there is someone else you feel strongly wolvish about go for it, but in the event that we're wrong and there's a gifted reveal, it's nice to have a fallback option to go to. If McCaber's going to get mod-fired (maybe we can ask Shasta for clarification?), it would be most wise to make him the fallback if there is some sort of untimely reveal or chaotic madness that happens far to often towards the DL.

If you think to, it really doesn't waste a lynch/day, just delays it to the next day. It would be a waste if everyone bandwagons to vote for McCaber now, but giving him a few votes to make him an option and protect against a disastrous lynch...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #259
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
I can see where Boro's coming from - the non-voters are annoying and I don't appreciate them getting to live when the participating people are lynched - but it would be a waste of a lynch. Unless we have reason to think xe is a wolf, I wouldn't vote them. Still, please people, participate!

EDIT: xed with Boro
Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #260
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
If you think to, it really doesn't waste a lynch/day, just delays it to the next day. It would be a waste if everyone bandwagons to vote for McCaber now, but giving him a few votes to make him an option and protect against a disastrous lynch...there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
It wouldn't if the wolves didn't get a Night kill. Since they do, it would be more like yet another double kill for the wolves - and that's not exactly an ideal situation.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #261
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Well one time voting that way did get a wolf. But at that time I don't think there were clear mod-fire rules if someone didn't vote so many days in a row.

I'm not saying everyone bandwagons to vote McCaber, because that doesn't tell us anything (even if he is a wolf) and would be a waste. However, giving him a few votes to make him an able quick choice if needed to avoid a disastrous lynch shouldn't be anything to *gasp* over.

Not everyone can stay to the DL everyday (this game I'm gonna be one of those who can't). As far as I know right now, he's going to be mod-fired at the end of the day if he doesn't vote, and if there is someone else you feel strongly wolvish about go for it, but in the event that we're wrong and there's a gifted reveal, it's nice to have a fallback option to go to. If McCaber's going to get mod-fired (maybe we can ask Shasta for clarification?), it would be most wise to make him the fallback if there is some sort of untimely reveal or chaotic madness that happens far to often towards the DL.

I'm really not liking this post. I can understand his logic, but at the same time it seems like he's trying to be too careful. Then again, at the same time I haven't seen him as too suspicious (at least not without taking a closer look at him) so I think I'm just reflecting everyone else's paranoia.

If someone's going to get modfired, let them get modfired. For all we know Cabbie is a gifted and if we use him as our "backup lynch" that could end even worse than if we use someone some of us, I don't know, suspect.

List in a moment I believe.

EDIT: x'd with Lottie, bolding
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #262
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hold on. Only two people have voted so far? Surely I've missed some!

Nerwen-->Boro
Morsul-->Blind
Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #263
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Hold on. Only two people have voted so far? Surely I've missed some!

Nerwen-->Boro
Morsul-->Blind
Really!? And here I thought that no votes had been posted yet.

I'm debating whether or not to vote now. Part of me wants to in case I have no internet. Yet I'm not sure I want to waste my vote on McCaber. Especially if xe is going to get modfired if xe doesn't vote toDay. Yet I really don't know who else to vote for at this point.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #264
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm really not liking this post. I can understand his logic, but at the same time it seems like he's trying to be too careful. Then again, at the same time I haven't seen him as too suspicious (at least not without taking a closer look at him) so I think I'm just reflecting everyone else's paranoia.

If someone's going to get modfired, let them get modfired. For all we know Cabbie is a gifted and if we use him as our "backup lynch" that could end even worse than if we use someone some of us, I don't know, suspect.
*bangs head against wall* Yes, but it absolutely would not waste the # of lynch chances. It just delays the chance to the next day.

It's impossible to lose the # of lynch chances you get in a game. Let's say we lynch someone else and McCaber's mod-fired, that's 2 chances (1 day) at a wolf. If we lynch the person who was going to be modfired 1 chance (1 day), but with the 1-less death, do the math...we either delay and get an extra-day phase (2nd chance) or pick up an extra-night phase giving the ranger, or hunter extra chances to succeed.

You say it's all logical and makes sense. Admit there's really nothing wrong with it, but still call it a waste?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #265
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Really!? And here I thought that no votes had been posted yet.

I'm debating whether or not to vote now. Part of me wants to in case I have no internet. Yet I'm not sure I want to waste my vote on McCaber. Especially if xe is going to get modfired if xe doesn't vote toDay. Yet I really don't know who else to vote for at this point.
For the record, sweetie, Cabs is a boychild.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #266
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
*bangs head against wall* Yes, but it absolutely would not waste the # of lynch chances. It just delays the chance to the next day.

It's impossible to lose the # of lynch chances you get in a game. Let's say we lynch someone else and McCaber's mod-fired, that's 2 chances (1 day) at a wolf. If we lynch the person who was going to be modfired 1 chance (1 day), but with the 1-less death, do the math...we either delay and get an extra-day phase (2nd chance) or pick up an extra-night phase giving the ranger, or hunter extra chances to succeed.

You say it's all logical and makes sense. Admit there's really nothing wrong with it, but still call it a waste?
You keep forgetting about the Night-kill. And besides, I don't want to settle for a stall-the-game lynch; I want to kill a wolf! Not to mention the fact that killing Cabbie tells us nothing. He hasn't posted, and chances are really bad that he'd be a wolf.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #267
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Dear one, I said I understood your logic. I just don't agree with it.

If Cabbie's going to get modkilled then he's dead anyway. Say he's a wolf. (Best case, I know, but go with me.) We lynch Person X because we don't go with your plan, and Person X is also a wolf. Two down in one Day! Obviously this could work the other way too but I for one am not comfortable voting someone who can't be harm nor good to us right now and is going to die anyway. Nothing is gained without risk, and while we do have a higher chance of hitting two innocents that way I think it's a risk we have to take, especially if we think we can peg a wolf (who isn't Cab). I'll be holding my vote, so rest assured that if there's a gifted reveal, I'm wholeheartedly willing to go along with your plan (if there's no other choice). It just doesn't seem too likely to me, and I'd much rather have the second victim (for lack of a better word) be someone I suspect than someone who I don't even know is going to return.

Sounds to me like an overly crafted way to do a quick safe lynch toDay. Whether or not you're evil I'm suspicious of the plan itself, because it just doesn't work in the true best interest of the village. If we kill McCaber toDay and he'd be dead anyway, we've gotten nowhere, and besides, people can go along with it just to go along with it and then where are we for toMorrow?

Don't get me wrong, dear. It's a good contingency plan. Just not a good formal strategy. *snuggles you anyway, hopes you don't sprout fur*

Oooo, there's an idea....

EDIT: x'd with Lottie -again!- and remembering to bloody bold.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #268
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
For the record, sweetie, Cabs is a boychild.
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #269
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Oooo, there's an idea....
Oh dear. Ought we to be worried?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #270
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Oh dear. Ought we to be worried?
No. Sorry, a thought just occurred to me and I just stuck it on the end. I'd share if I could, but I don't think it would be a very good idea, see, so I won't. Sowwie.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #271
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
You keep forgetting about the Night-kill. And besides, I don't want to settle for a stall-the-game lynch; I want to kill a wolf! Not to mention the fact that killing Cabbie tells us nothing. He hasn't posted, and chances are really bad that he'd be a wolf.
But you're assuming Cabbie's not a wolf. And again it's not stalling the game at all! We either get 2 shots 1-day, or 2-shots 2-days to get a wolf.

What is so impossible to understand that you can't lose the # of lynches in any game. With any number of people, you get the same # of chances to lynch a wolf, because the number of people don't change, just the amount of days.

Please Lottie, point to where I said we all go and vote for McCaber right now...I said I'm not going to be on the DL, and I don't want to wake up finding out I was lynched, on top of someone else being mod-fired (on top of already losing wilwa). I said we need to make him an available choice to protect against an absolutely disastrous lynch. Who knows what you can learn from McCaber's death, or the votes? You can't until he's killed.

And again it's not wasting any chance we have t lynch a wolf...none whatsoever. Do the math, do you want 2 chances at a wolf, in 1 day or 2 chances in 2 days? So I'm doing it because I'm tired of arguing this, as I argued it the last time I advocated it. When you come to realize I'm right, I will rub it in your face, just so you know.

++McCaber
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #272
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Please Lottie, point to where I said we all go and vote for McCaber right now...I said I'm not going to be on the DL, and I don't want to wake up finding out I was lynched, on top of someone else being mod-fired (on top of already losing wilwa). I said we need to make him an available choice to protect against an absolutely disastrous lynch. Who knows what you can learn from McCaber's death, or the votes? You can't until he's killed.
I'm not saying you must absolutely be wrong and thus evil for suggesting it, I'm just saying that I don't agree. I still don't agree, but I'm willing to let it drop and agree to disagree. Actually, the fact that you kept fighting for this is annoying, though - it's stirring up my poor little brain cells into yet more confusion, as I don't know if this is evil or not. Little Lottie let her mind wander...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #273
autume98
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Dear one, I said I understood your logic. I just don't agree with it.

If Cabbie's going to get modkilled then he's dead anyway. Say he's a wolf. (Best case, I know, but go with me.) We lynch Person X because we don't go with your plan, and Person X is also a wolf. Two down in one Day! Obviously this could work the other way too but I for one am not comfortable voting someone who can't be harm nor good to us right now and is going to die anyway. Nothing is gained without risk, and while we do have a higher chance of hitting two innocents that way I think it's a risk we have to take, especially if we think we can peg a wolf (who isn't Cab). I'll be holding my vote, so rest assured that if there's a gifted reveal, I'm wholeheartedly willing to go along with your plan (if there's no other choice). It just doesn't seem too likely to me, and I'd much rather have the second victim (for lack of a better word) be someone I suspect than someone who I don't even know is going to return.

Sounds to me like an overly crafted way to do a quick safe lynch toDay. Whether or not you're evil I'm suspicious of the plan itself, because it just doesn't work in the true best interest of the village. If we kill McCaber toDay and he'd be dead anyway, we've gotten nowhere, and besides, people can go along with it just to go along with it and then where are we for toMorrow?

Don't get me wrong, dear. It's a good contingency plan. Just not a good formal strategy.
This is a good point as well. I definitely like the idea of getting two wolves! However I'm at the point where I need to vote because my internet keeps on going down, and I would hate for it to not come back up at some point. So as much as I would like to get two wolves, I'm going to have to vote for Cabs. The reason I'm going to vote for Cabs is because I'm not sure if we'd be able to kill two wolves. The odds or more in the favor of us killing another ordo. And I really think we need all the villagers that we can have especially since the wolves have that double kill. I also would hate for us to take out one of the gifteds. Now there is also the chance that Cabs could be a gifted. I would really hate for that to be the case.

With all that here goes...

++McCaber

Edit: x-ed with Lottie and Boro
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #274
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Boro, dear, I get what you're saying. You've voted, now log off and go to bed, like I'd be doing if I was you. Sleep and you'll see what happened in the morning, k?

Good work. Sleep well. *snuggles you* And don't worry, it'll most likely turn out fine.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #275
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dűm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
I'm too annoyed to deal with this game right now (yes, I am letting RL influence my WW playing), and as such am not in the mood to be nice to newbies when they've been ticking me off hardcore for the past day by not reading the rules and asking questions that would be answered by reading said rules.

++Blind Guardian

I don't really feel like voting Boro since my gut says he's guilty and my gut is never right in this game. I'll laugh really hard if I'm proved wrong.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling

Last edited by Keeper of Dol Guldur; 05-16-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: xed with sally
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #276
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Right. Well. I think it's time for another round of...

Listing People With Lottie!!!

Suspicious:
Morsul (annoying no-vote plus generally bad feelings)
Boro (mostly gut feeling)

Innocent:
Lottie ()

Mostly Innocent:
Mira (still feels good)
Zil (no bad vibes)
Nerwen (like her style)
Sally (seems like normal Sally)
Tum (haven't seen anything to make me suspect her)
Elfie (seems fairly innocent)
Xed (haven't seen anything bad)

Somewhat Suspicious:
Glirdy (all I remember him doing was that vote for me yesterDay; has he been back?)
BeiGe (seems to be rather linked to Boro)
Noia (extremely aggressive for a newbie)

If They've Posted, I Don't Remember It:
Cabbie

~~~

I will only vote for someone in my Suspicious or Somewhat Suspicious categories. Everyone who does make The List is fair game.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #277
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Boro's probably gone, but I still don't like this.

Quote:
I keep coming back to the sticking point that by voting a modfire, we're in effect forfeiting our lynch. Yes, it means we're not killing someone who could be innocent who wasn't going to be gone anyway, but it also means there are still four wolves out there who are safe for another Day.

Quote:
And again it's not wasting any chance we have t lynch a wolf...none whatsoever. Do the math, do you want 2 chances at a wolf, in 1 day or 2 chances in 2 days? So I'm doing it because I'm tired of arguing this, as I argued it the last time I advocated it. When you come to realize I'm right, I will rub it in your face, just so you know. ]++McCaber
This just seems counter-productive for the village.

Quote:
The reason I'm going to vote for Cabs is because I'm not sure if we'd be able to kill two wolves. The odds or more in the favor of us killing another ordo. And I really think we need all the villagers that we can have especially since the wolves have that double kill. I also would hate for us to take out one of the gifteds. Now there is also the chance that Cabs could be a gifted. I would really hate for that to be the case.

With all that here goes...

++McCaber
There's always the chance of unknowingly killing a Gifted. And also the chance of bagging a wolf.

x/d with all since 273
Old 05-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #278
Paranoia
Haunting Spirit

Paranoia has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Hmm. Noia could just be a rather...agressive newbie. I'd give him a bit longer to see if he calms down a bit.
Yeah; I'm almost always an aggressive player, so uh sorry if I'm stepping on toes.

Reading over everything since I left last night; I'll be back in probably 10-15 minutes with my four picks at scum. (I.E. wolves.)
Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #279
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Dark-Eye

Boro's plan is clearly a desperate attempt to save himself. There are a number of suspect-looking folk around– why, in that case, should we waste the lynch?

That only ever makes sense if there's no real candidate, and that's not the case here.

I wonder at tum for going along with it. Yes, I do.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #280
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I keep coming back to the sticking point that by voting a modfire, we're in effect forfeiting our lynch. Yes, it means we're not killing someone who could be innocent who wasn't going to be gone anyway, but it also means there are still four wolves out there who are safe for another Day.
Exactly. Like I said, even if you think throwing away the lynch can be okay in some circumstances, those circumstances do not apply here. It's just nonsense.

I'm pretty darned sure he's a wolf.