The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2003, 03:44 PM   #321
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*glugs some entdraught and grows 30 feet tall*<P>I got a ticket for Rotk today!! I'm seeing it on the 17th! So soon... *squees and faints at the thought of seeing Denethor so soon*
Old 12-04-2003, 06:08 PM   #322
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I still can't believe that RotK is only two weeks away! And I'm still in denial that it's all going to be over in those two weeks. *sniffle sniffle*
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:56 AM   #323
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I haven't joined this support group so far...<BR>I've been waiting for rotk all by myself, and guess what? I bought my ticket yesterday, I'm going the 16th for a nine hour journey through Middle Earth... all by myself...sad isn't it?
Old 12-05-2003, 07:41 AM   #324
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It is rather, but hey it's worth it!!! I'm really annoyed because the cinema we were planning to go to see ROTK in, which is like 5 mins legging it from my school, IS PLANNING TO HAVE AN INTERVAL!!!! That is gonna break up the continuity soooo much!!! Grrrr...
Old 12-05-2003, 10:56 AM   #325
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Sorry to interupt any current conversation, but:<BR>Fairly local channel had a prime-time show on last night on the making of ROTK. Most of the stuff I already knew from the books and here, but they had live actor interviews, they followed actors around on their daily erands and everything. It was good fun.<P>They talked a bit with the kiwi's playing orcs. They had a very fake looking battle scene with blue screen, after all the chaos someone yelled out "30 minute lunch" and they showed how orcs eat lunch. Some of them didn't ever take off their masks, but shoved food into their mouths. They showed one orc singing and playing "Sunshine lolipops and rainbows" on his sword(most amusing) and then they followed Viggo on a secret errand to get something from a convinience store IN HIS COSTUME! The clerk laughed. They were at a hobbit(including gollum) actor's party. They talked to Sean A. and how he had to put on 40 pounds for the role. Andy Serkis told how he modeled his gollum voice after his cat. Funny Part: They interviewed Orlando and he explained how his character was the quiet guy and always had some facial expression to share. He did a few and looked rediculous because he wasn't in his wig. <P>They mostly had footage from the first and second movies, but some ROTK stuff did get in. Like pippin with Gandalf in Minas Tirith. Plus at the end of the show, they showed a short scene of Arwen talking to Elrond. He takes her hand and says "Your hands are cold, the gifts of the Eldar are leaving you." and then she says something about her choice and stuff, "There is no ship now that would bare me hence." she said. I guess the scene is a spoiler for those of the audience who don't know what will happen. Didn't bug me too much though. All around, it was a good show. They interviewed everyone, but mostly PJ and Sir Ian Mckellen, who had alot to say about his twinkling eyes.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 12:33 PM   #326
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I saw that too, Aina! It was so great, I loved how they followed the actors around to see what they did during a "normal" day.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Like pippin with Gandalf in Minas Tirith.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>*squeeeeeee!* I had a serious fangirl moment when I saw that bit. *sigh* Oh Pippin... <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-05-2003, 04:20 PM   #327
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Fairly local channel had a prime-time show on last night on the making of ROTK. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gah!!! I thought that was on tonight!! I was all set and ready to watch it! Dang it! Is there any chance they might show it again? A friend of my watched the end and said it was really good *glares evily at friend*, and here I am the 'obsessed' one and I missed! Save me from insanity! Please say it's coming on again!

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #328
vanaelda

Shield

Omg omg omg!!! GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! It comes out in like less than two weeks. I have been looking at New Line's website and they have a bunch of cool little movies that you can watch on RotK to tide you over if you want. Just thought I would give you the DL! Fozzshizzle!!!!! lol j/k!!<BR>I can't wait!!!!!!!! Have fun and enjoy the site!!!! I did it was great!!!<BR>
Old 12-05-2003, 07:16 PM   #329
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Fairly local channel had a prime-time show on last night on the making of ROTK. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I believe they showed that (or something similar) where I am, but I couldn't watch because I had to go to a meeting for my robotics club, and my mom forgot to tape it. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!! She says maybe we can find it on the web though (I hope, I hope, I hope). My dad <I>still</I>won't get our tickets for the 17th yet, and I'm starting to get very worried. I just went and bugged him about it though, so maybe he'll <B>finally</B> go get them! *has nightmares about all the theaters being sold out*
Old 12-05-2003, 11:28 PM   #330
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Thumbs up

I taped it, but missed the first three minutes of it, and the reception is slightly fuzzy. You'd have to shell out major bucks before I could make copies to send to everyone. But don't sweat it, it'll prob. be on the RotK DVD!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #331
Enorëiel
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>But don't sweat it, it'll prob. be on the RotK DVD!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ROTK DVD?! That doesn't come out 'til next year! I wants to see it now! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I can't WAIT til this film comes out...I want to see if it will make me cry... Nothing makes me cry... Well nothing since the Lion King anyway... <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ha! Me too! I have a feeling that I will for sure cry at the end of the movie though. I almost cried while listening to the soundtrack (which says a lot!) and from what I keep hearing from others - it's going to be a major tearjerker.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #332
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I was all set and ready to watch it! Dang it! Is there any chance they might show it again?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It's showing anytime of the day at my house! I taped it (smart me). It's v. v. kewl...<P>*sigh* Less than two weeks! I can hardly stand the suspense!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-06-2003, 11:56 AM   #333
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I watched the preview earlier. I've begun to cry when Faramir goes on his 'suicide mission' to Osgiliath. And I always cry at Into the West, from the soundtrack. I didn't cry at Fotr, and I almost cried at TTT. This time I will be crying.<P>The weird thing about Faramir is that as I grow more and more obsessed with Denethor, the more I feel like I want to see Faramir die (in a sort of "look at him burn! Pretty flame!" way). You love Denethor, therefore you think like Denethor.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #334
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I watched the Primetime show too. I taped it and plan to watch it over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...etc. My dad loved the part with the orc singing. It was hilarious . It made me rethink my opinions of TTT. I have decided that, while some of the changes were a bad idea, that the movie is still excellent and that I shouldn't expect it to be just like the book (You should've seen my ranting after I came out of the theater last December!).<P>11 days left. But I can't go right away!! I have to wait until around Christmas to go, because my parents don't want me to go on a school day, and I can't go that weekend because of a christmas party at my grandma's. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #335
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I watched the Primetime show too. I taped it and plan to watch it over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Same with me!! I cant believe its only 11 more days!! I am so excited!!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:47 PM   #336
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

WE'RE IN SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!! Only *<B><I>9</I></B>* days left!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-08-2003, 03:16 PM   #337
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

AHHHH 9 days!!!!! I cant believe it I am so excited! I am seeing it the first day it opens!!!!!!!!!! But its sad cuz its the last one!
Old 12-08-2003, 07:02 PM   #338
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I can't take this any more! It is pure torture just waiting for RotK to come out! I'm practically salivating in anticipation. The horrible part is, one of my friends already has the finished DVD. His uncle was on the editing team, and thus, my friend received full copies of the extended versions of all three films, and *sniff sniff* won't let me see them!!!!!! Even though I have a 12 x 10 ft. projector! That should be incentive enough!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:37 PM   #339
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> WE'RE IN SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!! Only *9* days left!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sapphire, I nearly fell over when I read that, and just barely managed to avoid squeaking. I still can't breathe properly. <P>I NEED TISSUES!!!! I don't have nearly enough yet! I shall most likely flood the theatre.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:17 PM   #340
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I still can't breathe properly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Me neither! Have you seen the clips that were linked to in the forum? So kewl! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!*<P>Abedith on le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-09-2003, 03:10 PM   #341
beebombadil

Sting

re: The horrible part is, one of my friends already has the finished DVD. His uncle was on the editing team, and thus, my friend received full copies of the extended versions of all three films, and *sniff sniff* won't let me see them!!!!!! <P>Doubtful. Very doubtful. Your friend may have a rough cut of the theatre version but I promise you, he doesn't have the extended cut. Trust me. There's a reason he is not letting you see it.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #342
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

8 DAYS!!! HOORAY!!!! I cant wait....i am sooo ready! This past week I have been in such a good mood!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:27 PM   #343
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Back by popular demand....it’s.....THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS, Return of the King style!<P>On the first day of waiting, an Elf-lord gave to me....A King come to set the world free.<P>On the second day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: Two midnight viewings and a king come to set the world free.<P>On the third day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: Three dormant elf-rings, two midnight viewings, and a king come to set the world free!<P>More to come as the days grow thin...<P>God bless!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 12-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #344
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

On the Forth day of Waiting an elf-lord gave to me: four hobbits striving, three dormant elf-rings, two midnight viewings, and a king come to set the world free!
Old 12-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #345
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*<P>Sorry to interrupt the song, but I just saw the coolest clip of RotK!!! Go <A HREF="http://www.memoirsoftheshire.com/musiclinks.htm" TARGET=_blank>HERE</A>, and click on "Pippin Video". It's so amazing!!! I am having a serious fangirl episode here! It's so great, but really sad! Poor Pippin!<P><B><I>I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!! ONLY A WEEK LEFT!!!</I></B><P>Abedithon le,<P>Aranel, the Obvious Pippin Fancier
Old 12-10-2003, 02:07 PM   #346
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Man that site kicks *** !
Old 12-10-2003, 04:39 PM   #347
Enorëiel
Wight

Sting

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!<B R>That was so freaking cool!!! That Pippin clip was awesome!!!! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!*<BR>I only wish my stupid speakers were working!!! But from what I saw - ah! Amazing!!!

Old 12-10-2003, 08:02 PM   #348
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! <P>I CANNOT take this any more!!!! I need the movie!
Old 12-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #349
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I have either the flu or an extremely nassssty cold, so unless I'm better in a week or less, I might not get to see RotK on the 17th. And my dad STILL won't get tickets yet- aaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Nothing makes me cry... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No so for me. I am one of those pathetic people who cries too much. I even cry at movies I have to watch in school. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> click on "Pippin Video". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I couldn't find anything there that said Pippin Video. But it could just be my computer rebelling against me.<P>Only 1 more week left! squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I must go now, because my mom's making me go to bed, even though it's only 9 pm where I am, because I'm so sick.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:35 PM   #350
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Hang together people, only another week.<P>On the fourth day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: four knights of Gondor, three dormant rings, two midnight shows, and a king come to set the world free.<P>On the fifth day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant rings, two midnight shows and a king come to set the world free.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #351
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

Ai Elbereth, Knight, that was hilarious! Now I'm going to go around singing that song everywhere at school, and I'll probably end up being smacked and told to shut up by one of my friends.
Old 12-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #352
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I couldn't find anything there that said Pippin Video.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Scroll down past where it says RotK Clips and it should be under the big *NEW*.<P>LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*<P>Abedithon le,<P>Aranel, the Obvious Pippin Fancier
Old 12-11-2003, 03:10 PM   #353
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Going back to the primetime special thing...Where are you all from that saw it??? I guess it could have been on different channels but I was under the impression that it was a Victoria(The new VI) thing. Come to think of it, I was probably wrong anyway. Mondieu Mondieu! 6 more days, I think I'm going to scream. I got into a big argument with a friend who I didn't know was so anti-LOTR, she was going off on wastes of time and money, yadadadada, THAT'S THE BLOODY POINT!<P>I got myselt a little steamed, but we're still friends, and I have alot of other people to talk to anyway. Humff.<P>Today I took someone's idea and wront "FRODO LIVES" on my fingers. I'd have painted my toenails, but that would have required effort, and sandals to show it off. Plus it's like 2 degrees outside and I'm not wearing sandals. Anyway, I'm rabbling. Got to get to class. See you all in spirit at the opening.<P>-Stay Puft!
always eating chicken?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:56 PM   #354
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Going back to the primetime special thing...Where are you all from that saw it???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The States. Me, myself, I'm in Utah; it was on at about 9:00 PM here.<P>*sigh* Can't wait!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #355
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Less than a week only 6 days!!!! AHHHHhhhhh this is sooooooooo great!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:04 AM   #356
Enorëiel
Wight

Sting

Yay! My brother fixed the speakers so I was able to watch the video - with sound! SO much better . I have to keep repeating to myself that there's less then a week left - I can't believe it!! In four days, 15 hours and 14 minutes (MST that is) I will be the happiest girl alive!!!! <p>[ 11:05 AM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Enorëiel ]

Old 12-12-2003, 10:49 AM   #357
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Everyone is building up to this premier! A local newspaper featured a HUGE 4 page LOTR spread, they had summaries of the first two movies, the story behind New Line getting involved, actors interviews, the works. All in a newspaper!? Victoria theaters are hosting a 12 HOUR SHOWING of all three movies on tuesday with a special showing. They're doing that all across Canada apparently too.<P>5 more days, I can hardly wait. IT'S CRUNCH TIME, COUNT DOWN TIME PEOPLE!
always eating chicken?
Old 12-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #358
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>In four days, 15 hours and 14 minutes (MST that is) I will be the happiest girl alive!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>You and me both! (and in the same time zone even. kewl...)<P>*squeeeeeeeee!* >_< I can hardly wait!!!<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-12-2003, 01:07 PM   #359
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Argh! There's no way I can see Trilogy Tuesday because my school has two performances of a musicaltheatre/dance cabaret on the same day, which means I'm moving scenery from 8:30 in the morning till about 9 in the evening. Stupid tech crew. Still, I might be able to see the midnight showing! I have four days, twelve hours and 10 minutes!
Old 12-12-2003, 02:55 PM   #360
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

To continue Knight of Gondor's theme...<P>On the sixth day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: (sorry Meela) Six stewards burning, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant rings, two midnight shows and a king come to set the world free.<P>On the fifth day of waiting, an elf-lord gave to me: Seven stones of seeing, six stewards burning, FIVE SEABIRD WINGS! Four knights of Gondor, three dormant rings, two midnight shows and a king come to set the world free.<P>Oh, and I think nine should have something to do with Nazgul.<p>[ 4:00 PM December 12, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]