The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-28-2003, 09:36 PM   #1401
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Quote:
When every time you hear the word jelly, you can't help but say, '...and squash us like jelly!' Sometimes I say all of Bilbo's line there, but usually just that part.
Hee hee [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Stuff like that triggers my quoting, too. Random things, you know? Like my potatoes quoting fetish... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And I can't say "tricky" without saying "Wicked! Tricksy! False!" Then if people start looking at me I squint my eyes and murmer "my preciousss" under my breath...

Quote:
When you see that your school bookstore is selling Rings (to hold stacks of notecards together) and you claim that your ex-English teacher (who runs the bookstore) is Sauron in disguise and is trying to corrupt the student body.
Hee hee! That would be funny... In a sort of human-corruption, end of the world kind of way!

-When you see your sister cleaning her bunny's cage and you snicker and say "There's only one way to eat a brace of conies..." [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 02:58 PM   #1402
Salix
Shade of Carn Dūm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You know you're obsessed when
-Someone in this mud you participate in (who happens to be in your grade, and goes to the same school as you) 'puts on the One Ring' and then you thwap him for being a moron.
-In that same mud, your title is 'Protector of Middle-Earth'
-And you managed to 'do the Wave for Boromir the Disco King', 'wave kings at Boromir the Disco Squid' and 'wave squid at Boromir the Disco King' on that very same mud.
-Since your friend runs that mud, you manage to convince him that the pre-packaged area with a part called 'Mount Doom' should be changed a bit. He's working on changing it, but he went the humour road. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ah well, at least he changed it.

(A mud is a 'Multi-User Domain. Text based adventuring.)
Old 10-29-2003, 03:05 PM   #1403
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

You go into a bookshop and see copies of the trilogy lying and looking all forlorn. You want to buy them but you relaise that you don't have enough money AND you've got exactly the same copies at home!!!

oops.

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #1404
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you're scared that people will find out about the BD. If they do, it will surely be shut and all of us will be carted away to the nearest lunatic asylum! I am very scared.
Would they dare? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When your little sister is running through the house with something you were using, you yell after her, 'Thief!! She stole it from us. She stole... our precious!!!' It wasn't really my precious or anything, it just seemed to fit
Ahh, the Gollum side...Mine comes out when they try to draw my blood. "Ah! Don't hurtsss me with nasssty cruel steel!" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
Wooo! I love you, my online friends! *group hug*
*hugs back*
By the way, online friends for me is a non-existent term. Except for one or two non-online friends, you're all the friends I've got. *another group hug*

Quote:
When you have an identity crises because you consider yourself an elf, but you start seeing some hobbit tendencies in yourself.
...and some bits of Entish tendencies. "Don't be hasty!" Sometimes Orcish.

Anyways...

~when you do silly poems involving your Elvish self.

I did this a long time ago.

I'm a Prince of High-Elves from the West.
Of all the good Elves I'm the best.
I tried to be human
But this vision of Aman
Just sets me apart from the rest.

And I did one about me entering the wrong room, but I sort of forgot it...I'll try to recall it.

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amariė the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:44 PM   #1405
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you think "Bellona Ave." says "Belladonna Ave."... ^ ^;

[ October 30, 2003: Message edited by: Naz ]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 06:50 PM   #1406
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Man, you guys make a lot of progress... o.O;;;

~When nobody has to ask you what you're gonna be for Halloween. They all automatically know. ^_~ With me, the start: "What are you gonna--" and then it hits them: "Oh, yeah, a hobbit." It's quite funny, really.

~Whenever you find out something about RotK or the Towers EV, you start screeching like a baby Nazgul and consequentally scare the living daylights out of everyone in the building.

~When you discover the Trilogy Tuesday is sold out at the theater nearest you, you start crying like a school-girl on prom night without a date and are completely inconsolable for days.

~When you think it's the coolest thing in the world that, on Halloween at school (or today, in my case), you and your friends have matched costumes without meaning to. In my ASL class, me, and my friends Kellie and Sean were all sitting at the same table; I was a hobbit, Kellie was an elf, and Sean was Aragorn. It was so awesome. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le,

~*~Aranel~*~
Old 10-30-2003, 09:13 PM   #1407
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

When you go into the Harry Potter section at your local bookstore and put a piece of paper that says 'Frodo Lives' on top of the HP books [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I did that just a little while ago!
Old 10-31-2003, 10:37 AM   #1408
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When you are ulta-careful carrying a tray of drinks, because you think 'I am an Elf, I can't spill this!!!' Lame I know, but I can't think of anything!!!

What is the whole thing about Halloween? We never do anything...much less dress up as a Hobbit. I thought it was all about dressing up as witches and ghosts etc?
Old 10-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #1409
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The traditional costumes are witches and ghosts, but as they don't feature in Lotr, I don't think we can expect anyone here to assume either of those appearances.

I'm dressing up as a witch.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:07 AM   #1410
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
When you:
- throw a a party every Sept. 22 when it's not your birthday
- tell people to go to Mordor instead of Hell
- tell your nieces that Harry Potter, all the superheroes, the bogeyman, or even Santa doesn't exist and scare them that a Wraith or an Orc will get them when they don't behave [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
- gather all your fellow LOTR crazy friends, play Monopoly, convert the real estate properties to places in Middle Earth, and literally fight over Shire, Rivendell and Lothlorien
- constantly consult Malbeth the Seer for your daily activities
- think your LOTR/JRR Tolkien stuff as your "precious" and won't let anybody touch it
- when you win a ticket to a Matrix Revolutions premiere and wish it was RotK instead
- ask your mom/dad to take you to a trip to New Zealand for your birthday (and watch RotK when it gets shown there, and brag to your friends when you get back because they still have to wait for a whole month before it gets shown in your area) ---> ooo, delusions, delusions [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
- call the local radio dj, and tell him on air, never to say any word from LOTR if he doesn't know to pronounce it or even know what he's talking about [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
- think Star Wars is just George Lucas's plagiarism for LotR [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #1411
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Welcome to the 'downs, Tintalle!!!!!

When you sit at your computer going back and forth between all your favorite LotR sites while listening to TTT soundtrack. I'm doing that right now.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:36 AM   #1412
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm doing that too Arwen! AM on 'The LEave Taking ' on my CD.

~WHen you friend is making funny pics with quotes of ppl and asks you what your fave quote is he goes 'It's LOTR, isn't it?' Yes, Aragorn's poem in fact.

~Even if you're not reading LOTR, you have to just read a few sentences each morning to get you going.

~There was another one but can't remember it.

Oh yeah!!! You read the frame by frame analysis on onering.net and change your MSN name to the writing on it; 'There can be no triumph without loss etc...'. Your other friend asks whats it about. You tell them to go to the cinema and find out. LOL. No1 had any idea. ALtho later my friend guessed something to do with LOTR.

Ah well. Not v obsessive are they?

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:56 AM   #1413
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

When you get all excited that you found a program to download for free that will let you create a new skin for Internet Explorer, because you can make a LotR skin! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I made one of Rivendell, and it's so pretty!! Here's the link.
I think you can make a skin for whatever browser you have. It doesn'thave to be IE.
Arwen
Old 10-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #1414
Salix
Shade of Carn Dūm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When the costume you wear has the perfect underdress for you to be Eowyn, but unfortunately, there is oh, 5 inches of snow on the ground and -10 out. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Now I'm just some random noble lady from mediaeval times. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] (And I am listening to a cd, but not TTT soundtrack because of my costume. I'm listening to a group of women singing mediaeval songs/poems)
Old 10-31-2003, 12:41 PM   #1415
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thank you so much for that link, Arwen! I have a Legolas skin right now, and it's great! Don't know if my father's going to appreciate it so much, though...

You know you’re obsessed with LOTR when:

You have this song from Monty Python named : I've got a lovely bunch of coc, and every time you see it, you read: I've got a lovely bunch of orc... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm innocent of course!

When your friends discover a disturbing development: You started to like dresses! Eowyns dresses, of course, and elvish ones, but still, dresses!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

You celebrate every new morning, because it brings you one day closer to the release of ROTK. (If you knew me, you would know I am NOT a morning person!)

You and you friends (who's just beginning her obsession, but don't worry, I'm working hard on it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) have a new joke nobody understands (like always...): on this chocolate bar wrapping was an advertisement for a stunt so you can meet you favourite 'music celeb'. So of course I started laughing. When my friend asked me what was the matter, I explained. Now, we're always talking about singing silver!

You get really upset all the times you can't come up with obsessive things you have done, to post here. In fact, I think I do do a lot of obsessive things, but there just so normal to me, that I don't notice!
I feel much better now... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm listening to breath of life right now, you now.

NaNa!

Aethelwine, friend of the elves.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:14 PM   #1416
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
When your friends discover a disturbing development: You started to like dresses! Eowyns dresses, of course, and elvish ones, but still, dresses!!!
That sounds like me!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My mom doesn't know what to do with me.I go from wanting to wear jeans all the time, and when I did have to wear something nicer, I liked skirts, not dresses, to now wanting to make myself dresses. Of course, they do have to look Elvish or like something Eowyn would wear. I realy want to get some chocolate brown material so I can make a dress like Eowyn's refugee dress. Oh, and have you seen this site before: LotR costume research
Wonderful, wonderful site!!!
Arwen
Old 10-31-2003, 02:26 PM   #1417
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Yes Arwen, that's what I meant! I always wear trousers, not even skirts, I hate them! Well used to... I still hate skirts, but I wouldn't mind to have Eowyns shieldmaiden outfit. Or her white wool dress (wich is actually cream! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). No, wouldn't mind at all...

Quote:
Oh, and have you seen this site before: LotR costume research
Wonderful, wonderful site!!!
Yes, I know of it. And I agree, it's such a good site! It's one of my favourite LOTR/Tolkien-sites! (beside the BD, of course! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

You know your obsessed with LOTR, when it makes you want to make you own dresses, and wear them to!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

NaNa!

Aethelwine, friend of the elves.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:33 PM   #1418
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arwen, that costume site was wonderful. Thanks!

I'm not much of a seamstress. I haven't sewn in ages, really. I just shop hard when I find stores with flowy, airy dresses... But now that I've seen that cloak pattern the the Fellowship cloak, hmmmm, I might sew just one thing. That grey material... One could line it with forest & woodland green, and get the camoflage effect just by reversing the cloak; green for summer, grey for winter...

I wonder... I've often toyed with the idea of actually finding a camoflage material, and making a cloak from that. But then, I like *not* being seen when I'm out in the woods.

Such happy thoughts! Thanks, Arwen!
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 04:59 PM   #1419
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

I wore my costume today at school! yay! it looks like my icon sorta
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:32 PM   #1420
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

When you intend for your Halloween costume to be that of a mercenary (albeit a poor one, since I couldn't bring my sword to school) and realize when you get to school that you look rather like either Elladan or Elrohir, so you go around all day telling people that you are Elladan/Elrohir (whichever one strikes your fancy at that particular moment).
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 08:20 PM   #1421
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

When you get all excited because outside in the dark you see people walking from way down the street before anyone else in your family does... therefore you have elf eyes!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 08:56 AM   #1422
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When you are an elf for Halloween, and while taking your sisters trick-or-treating, you decide to dress up in your costume for the dance at your school. at every single house after they say "thank-you," you tell the person in the house "Namarie." I don't mean to brag, but my costume looked very good! I wore one of my Mom's old bridesmaid dresses and pinned a (fake) diamond pin at the neck. I also had ears.
When you insult people in Elvish (the only Elvish I know is insults). For example:
On halloween, at one of the houses we went to, the lady there said, "Boy those are gross!" She was talking about my ears! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I just smiled, gave a little bow and said, "Auta miqula orqu." (*I'm sorry, I know that's the Grey Elvish one, but I couldn't remember the real one*) [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 01:26 PM   #1423
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

when people ask you if you are a character from harry potter and you get very upset!! (grr)
Quote:
and realize when you get to school that you look rather like either Elladan or Elrohir, so you go around all day telling people that you are Elladan/Elrohir (whichever one strikes your fancy at that particular moment).
<3 Elrohir <3

[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]

[ November 01, 2003: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
Old 11-01-2003, 07:27 PM   #1424
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I have been gone far too long! Now to catch up.

Quote:
You attempt to walk on snow like Legolas.
I have done it! It was warm for a while, and the snow on top melted, then it got cold again and the snow froze. It was so hard you could jump on it and not crack it.

Quote:
~When you find a large quantity of yellow leaves on the ground that look very much like Mallorn leaves, so you pick up a whole bunch and put them in your book
Whenever I see Mallorn-like leaves, I say 'ai laurie lantar lassi surinen.'

Quote:
~When you want to make a shirt that says Got lembas? on it.
I want one of those!

Quote:
*hugs everyone*

Quote:
Stupid fat fressshmenses. We hates them, preciousss!
Hey, be nice to me! <(~_*)>

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you're scared that people will find out about the BD. If they do, it will surely be shut and all of us will be carted away to the nearest lunatic asylum! I am very scared.
Hey, we could meet each other there!

Quote:
I do it all the time!

Quote:
- gather all your fellow LOTR crazy friends, play Monopoly, convert the real estate properties to places in Middle Earth, and literally fight over Shire, Rivendell and Lothlorien
OOOH!! Fun! Middle-Earth Monopoly! I must play it sometime!

~ When you write 'Frodo lives' on your fingers, one letter on each finger. I did it opposite hands, and noticed that on one hand the letters spelled 'Fooie.' It looked odd, until I put it with my hand that said 'rdlvs.'

~ When the RotK preview makes you cry. If the preview made me cry, imagine the flood at the theatre when I see the whole movie!

~ When you cry because your elf dress is not finished in time to wear it to school on Halloween. (I wore a cloak, though!)

~ When you want to modify the RPG you are in to a scene to perform in drama class.

~ When you use elf faces when typing. Like these: <(^_^)> <(~_*)> <(o_0)>

When people are talking about pink fluffy alligators, and you suddenly yell, "purplefluffychainsaw!" Got some weird looks for that... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #1425
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
When you use elf faces when typing. Like these: <(^_^)> <(~_*)> <(o_0)>
*squee* So cute! I'll have to use those! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
~ When you cry because your elf dress is not finished in time to wear it to school on Halloween. (I wore a cloak, though!)
Mine wasn't done either! In school, I just wore a creepy black dress with fishnets and carried around a scary doll... I ran home after school to finish sewing, and I got my Elven dress done in time for the party I was going to! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm still not technically "done" I still have to hem and fix up some details...

-When, at said party, you greet people with "Suilad! Mae govannen, mellon nin."

-When you spend the whole time at the party deciding exactly *which* elf you are... I was asked by a LotR friend of mine, but I didn't have an answer! By then end of the party, I settled on Aradhel, from the Silm. I love her story! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2003, 11:42 PM   #1426
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
~ When the RotK preview makes you cry. If the preview made me cry, imagine the flood at the theatre when I see the whole movie!
I cry every time I see it, no matter how many times I watch it! And I know I'll be crying through the whole movie...

~When you walk like Galadriel every time you go down stairs, trying to look as if you're floating down them.

~ When you're walking through the store, and first walk like Aragorn, taking long strides, then walk like Galadriel, lightly like you're floating. I did that this afternoon. I stood behind my mom where she couldn't see me, because she probably would have wondered why on earth I was walking all these different ways, and made me stop [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arwen
Old 11-02-2003, 01:13 AM   #1427
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

When you stand in the middle if the aisle in front of the big screen tv at the store that is always playing TTT and quote all the lines along with the characters, rather enjoying all the weird looks you're getting from passersby. I don't know all the lines from TTT, but everytime I go to Sam's, the store I was talking about, I see the scene about taters and fish and chips! It's really weird! Last time, I watched a lot more than just that scene, but it always get to that scene when I'm in the store. So I get to quote along.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:04 AM   #1428
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

--- When you bet on a racehorse called Elvstroem on Cox Plate Race day, just becuase it sounded like an elf owned it..

-- Then you spend hours thinking whether the owners picked that name from LOTR

-- Then you go on the net and look everything up on Elvstroem...

Obsessed much?

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 04:29 AM   #1429
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Quote:
When you are ulta-careful carrying a tray of drinks, because you think 'I am an Elf, I can't spill this!!!' Lame I know, but I can't think of anything!!!
Yeah! Elves should have perfect balance! Maybe I'll try my hand at tightrope walking...

Quote:
~Even if you're not reading LOTR, you have to just read a few sentences each morning to get you going.
My slogan is "A chapter a day drives the HP fans away."

Quote:
You attempt to walk on snow like Legolas.
Once, I attempted to walk on a sandy beach without my feet falling into the sand...I'm sorry to say I failed my Elven license test... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
I prefer go to Angband... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When people are talking about pink fluffy alligators, and you suddenly yell, "purplefluffychainsaw!" Got some weird looks for that...
Hey! You too? Some things in my surroundings remind me of Downers!

And so...

~You model your room after...Mordor! Utumno is next! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

~BD reminds you of the Matrix. (Ooops, this is you know you're obsessed with the Matrix...sorry.)

~My greatest dream is to be called either Elenrod Felagund, Prince of Tirion or Hey! LotR freak!(I know, some of you had the distinction of being called such, but me... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amariė the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:15 AM   #1430
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When, after you see a fireworks display, you immediately think: "That was worthy of Gandalf, that was," in a Sam voice.

When your book report is - wait, do I really need to finish that sentence? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When people you don't know come up to you and ask you to "speak elvish." You rapidly sing the "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" song, startling them.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #1431
Tintalle
Pile O'Bones

Location: At the Gates of Morannon, waiting for the Great Battle
Tintalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks Arwen!

Quote:
OOOH!! Fun! Middle-Earth Monopoly! I must play it sometime!
Yeah, it was a blast. Especially when people GO TO Barad-dur. YOu can change the rules, so that it can fit the Middle Earth customs!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When you go into a shop called THE PRANCING PONY out of curiousity (which turn out to be a trading card shop), and ask for Barliman Butterbur [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . And "Butterbur" is now a new found friend

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #1432
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

The only way your mom can ground you is by threatening to take your Tolkien books away. (Needless to say, I went completely crazy and Gollum-ish, and my Dad literally had to hold me back, because I was clawing for them! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:58 PM   #1433
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Mine wasn't done either! In school, I just wore a creepy black dress with fishnets and carried around a scary doll... I ran home after school to finish sewing, and I got my Elven dress done in time for the party I was going to! I'm still not technically "done" I still have to hem and fix up some details...

-When, at said party, you greet people with "Suilad! Mae govannen, mellon nin."
Amarantha, have you been spying on me?

Quote:
"A chapter a day drives the HP fans away."
How about 'Quoting a chapter a day'? That would certainly scare them away! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When people you don't know come up to you and ask you to "speak elvish." You rapidly sing the "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" song, startling them.
A guy in my math class asked me to speak elvish, and I did that, and he said I was scary because I sounded like Galadriel. I thought it was cool.

~ When you cry at Secondhand Lions because they didn't show the RotK trailer. That was the main reason I went! (Secondhand Lions is actually a pretty good movie, though) I want to see Shelob!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I did get to drool over Anduril on the poster, though.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:18 PM   #1434
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

-you post threads on any other MBs you belong to about Tolkien and cry and scream at teh people there and tell them they 'have no imagination' whatsoever. that seems to annoy them...

-you find some patterns for Evlish dresses and cry when you realise they are too big for you (i still haven't got over it)
Old 11-02-2003, 03:22 PM   #1435
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

When you walk through the store singing 'The Road Goes Ever On' and Pip and Merry's song from the Green Dragon hoping a fellow LotR fan will hear you and say something about it.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:28 PM   #1436
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Eye

when you're at the theatre and a preview for the rotk video game comes on and you have a heart attack thinking that it's a preview for the movie, but alas! you are mistaken and you are very disapointed [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #1437
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*hugs back*
By the way, online friends for me is a non-existent term. Except for one or two non-online friends, you're all the friends I've got. *another group hug*
I know! I only have 3 close friends who are my own age. I seem to get along fine with people who are older than me, but when people my age see me, they tend to think "Run! Hide! Very scary person with weird hair!"
Quote:
~When you discover the Trilogy Tuesday is sold out at the theater nearest you, you start crying like a school-girl on prom night without a date and are completely inconsolable for days.
Me too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] We need to start a support group for that.
Quote:
you can make a LotR skin
That site didn't work for me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] .
Quote:
I have been gone far too long!
Me too!
Quote:
quote:

Yes, freshmen are nice people (well some of them anyway) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:
~ When you cry because your elf dress is not finished in time to wear it to school on Halloween.
Me too! I had no school on the Halloween or the day beore, so I sewed like mad on my Eowyn dress, but it didn't get done, so I had to wear last year's Arwen dress to go trick or treating (I kind of threw a fit about that). This whole thing happened because no one could take me to the fabric store untill the day before Halloween [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] grrrrrr

Now, back on topic...

~When you and your friend are making a list of evil people, HP gets put down before Sauron or Morgoth [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~When your friends know agout your obsession so much that 2 of the 3 birthday presents you got were LotR related (a book of the brothers Hildibrand illustrations and a bookmaks with the One Ring attached to it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) My birthday will have been 2 months ago as of tomorrow, but I just got around to having the party. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

~When you know the shire date but not the "real" date

~When you are goig to wear your Eowyn dress (I will finish it by then!!!) to your best friend's party, even though it's not a costume party. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2003, 08:19 PM   #1438
Mantauriel
Newly Deceased

Mantauriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Your obssessed when you become like me: Only answer to Elvish, in Elvish, in Rivendell. My friends said it was to hard to learn elvish, so they only talk in sign language. Good thing I know that! ^_^
Elladan and Elrohir stared at Rumil, Haldir, and Orophin before them. Legolas had a blank stare to all. "See the creature? Ready to kill us?" Figwit sighed and Aragorn pointed to the object Legolas was reffering to.

"That's a rock."
Mantauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:55 PM   #1439
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Quote:
I settled on Aradhel, from the Silm. I love her story!
If I ever get it finished, you'll have to read my fanfic on Eol and Aredhel. I love that story too!

Quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, freshmen are nice people (well some of them anyway)
Oops! I didn't mean to insult fellow BDers, I was only referring to the 'stupid fat fresshmenses in my theater class. If you're a freshmen here, I say, "Nice fressshmensss!" [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have to go make an RPG post, so I can't put up any of the obsessive things I've done since I've been gone. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #1440
Naz
Shade of Carn Dūm

Naz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

eheh.. I'm a freshman! ^ ^;;

haven't done anything obsessive as of late.. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Naz is offline   Reply With Quote