The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #361
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, the plot thickens. Here I was looking over Enca's posts and starting to think "less guilty", then she glides in and screws up the plan. Not sure what to make of it or how to salvage the situation here...
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #362
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, crap. Forgive me, that was a genuine mistake. In fact, you probably won't be able to forgive me. I really made an error; let me try to see if it can be fixed.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:10 PM   #363
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

The votes are like this:

TGWBS voted TGWBS
Boromir88 voted Boromir88
Encaitare voted Boromir88

Since TGWBS, B88, and myself are the prime suspects...

Feanor can vote Enca
Esty can vote Enca
Mister U can vote TGWBS
Mormegil can tiebreak?

Again, I just really screwed up. It's late, and I'm tired, and it was a mistake. If you believe nothing else I have said, please believe this.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #364
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

I'm going to bed now... I really need sleep. Good night.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #365
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Mister what do you think, was she genuine? Now we can't get TGWBS and another. We could get Boromir and any other but not TGWBS and I'm more convinced of Boro's innocence than of TGWBS.

Quote:
Well, the plot thickens. Here I was looking over Enca's posts and starting to think "less guilty", then she glides in and screws up the plan. Not sure what to make of it or how to salvage the situation here...
I was feeling the same. I was beginning to believe she might be innocent but I just don't know now.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #366
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Now my feeling is that we ought to do a single lynching and make it Encaitare. If she's innocent she deserves to die and if she guilty she deserves to die but I just can't shake the thought that she, being a wolf, thought that I was going to vote for her, which I can see why, and thought that a 'genuine' mistake was her only chance of survival. Comically I probably wasn't going to vote for her because I was thinking that she was possibly innocent.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #367
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Good morning! I'm back and have just caught up with reading the posts of the last hours. Well, if we stick to the double-lynching plan, and I still think we should, Boro is definitely out of the game. There's nothing in Enca's analysis that makes me revoke my feeling of his guilt. However, everything now depends on the next votes. The next person to get two would get off, the last one with two would be lynched. Question is, TGWBS or Enca?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #368
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Tell me who to vote for, and I'll do it. Are we going to kill Boro and TGWBS? Are we going to vote Boro and Encai? Are we going to drop the double lynch and just kill her now and hope it works?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #369
mormegil
Maundering Mage

It sounds as though Esty is for the double still. I don't think I am because it needs to include Boromir. What do you think Fea and also Mister? I'm pretty sure I want to get Encai gone though.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:45 PM   #370
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
morm, please explain why you now think Boro innocent - I don't see it. And as long as he's possibly guilty, a double lynching is a good idea.

Sure, he voted for himself, which would be a stupid move for a wolf, but he did so at a time when that move would seem to show his innocence. Only Enca's vote sealed his fate.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 10-24-2005 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:57 PM   #371
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
What do you think Fea and also Mister? I'm pretty sure I want to get Encai gone though.
I say that we double Boromir and Encai and if that doesn't work, we take out TGWBS tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM   #372
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I just had an epiphany and realized that Boromir is most likely innocent! Let's remember one of the most solid pieces of evidence we had on Formendacil--his "insulted" reaction to Boromir's vote that is not something that a wolf duo would do. It was a definate slip on Formendacil's part not orchestrated. Therefore I feel that he is most likely innocent plus I sympathize with his frustration. That narrows my list down and I ask that nobody else vote for him!
These are my main reasons. I think it's possible for him to be though I have nagging doubts. I feel you are innocent but I still have a little bit of a nagging doubt too.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #373
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's sum up the situation and debate what we can best do. There are four of us left now - morm, Fea, Underhill and myself. As far as I can judge, all four of us are likely to be innocent. The three that we consider most likely to be guilty have already voted. How can we make the best of this situation?

Let's gather arguments for either of the two remaining and, should we decide to stick with the double lynching, decide which one of them should be included.

I think we're better off with short posts, exchanging ideas more quickly, than with long ones.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:04 PM   #374
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I agree on short posts, Esty.

Let's see...

'Cai votes for Boromir
Boromir votes for Boromir
TGWBS votes for TGWBS

We've still got votes available from

morm
Fea
Esty
Underhill

If we decide to kill TGWBS and Boromir, we only really need one more vote. If three abstain from voting, the two will die, and there is so minimal likelihood of anybody stopping the vote that even the precaution of having at least two extra innocents around is almost unnecessary, though just for safety, I say keep it.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #375
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, then let's gather arguments for lynching tgwbs first, then go back for Enca after that.

For most of the time, I thought that his involvement was helpful, but his voting record is strange. Now, his vote for himself could be a bluff on his part, a wolf cornered and defensive, but for some reason he just doesn't seem wolvish to me!

In post #321, he said:
Quote:
I voted for myself because I thought I was a little higher on people's lists...
Now wherever did he get that idea? I didn't see him high on any list!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #376
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

'Cai votes for Boromir
Boromir votes for Boromir
TGWBS votes for TGWBS

We've still got votes available from

morm
Fea
Esty
Underhill

However if we decide to kill Boromir and Encai, we need at minimum two votes. I think it best for the group-chosen "most trusted" to abstain from voting. I highly doubt anything fishy will happen, given that the three top suspects have already voted, but you know... just in case. No such thing as being too careful.

And if we decide to just kill 'Cai, we need three of the four of us to vote for her, and the last probably just not to vote.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #377
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Each day, I expect EVERYONE to VOTE, and also to POST.

You MUST-
respond to the accusations and defenses of others OR make your own accusations and defenses OR submit substantial theories on voting patterns and alliances between villagers
vote

Feanor, how quickly you forget, Lhuna died for not voting and now you want all of us not to vote...seems a bit wolfish.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:17 PM   #378
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Definitely not a good idea not to vote! If we do decide on a course of action, the votes we don't need can be distributed on others.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:17 PM   #379
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Jeez. Gods all bless the phantom for having a rule against everything. You'll note that I don't mention which gods, and what their opinions on a decent blessing are.

Right, so nix my previous voting plans, here are rule-fitting ones:

With Boromir having two votes, and TGWBS having one, we could kill them thus:

Fea votes TGWBS
Underhill votes Boromir
Esty votes TGWBS
morm votes Encai, just for the heck of it, saving him from auto-lynch

To kill Boro and Encai:

Fea votes Encai
Underhill votes Encai
Esty votes Encai
morm votes Boromir
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #380
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

I don't know what to recommend. Enca has taken what looked like a pretty good situation and turned it upside down. Carelessness? I don't know. I'm feeling she has to go down one way or the other. Now the only other real question is whether to take B88 too.

I've been back and forth on him. There seems to be some wisdom in going for the double, even though I'm undecided. morm seems the likeliest target for the night if we miss. There's no way for a wolf to foist this catastrophe on him.

That would leave:

tgwbs
Esty
Mr. U
Fea

Then the ones who are left take out Shorty tomorrow.

Looks like our best shot at the moment.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #381
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Wolves have a tendency to feel the heat a lot more than we would. It could easily be a reaction to some slight pressure.

I've outline why I think he is a wolf earlier but essentially
  • He tried to have the seer give hints
  • seemed to try to identify with me by appealing to me on my innocence while claiming his own
  • his posts have seemed helpful but didn't really contain much
  • seemed to never leave out Formendacil from his suspects by saying his innocent but never put him high on the list and Formendacil did the same to him
Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #382
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

We also have another voting possibility - if we vote Boro and Enca with three votes each, the one for tgwbs is left over, and we have two lynchings.

Or we vote Boro and tgwbs three each and one for Enca.

Basically, aside from going for one of the two suspects left and giving her or him all four votes, there's no way to save Boro now anymore.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:24 PM   #383
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

think open-mindedly

I have a hypothetical question. Say we double-lynch today, and manage to get two innocents, then morm dies tonight, leaving Underhill's list of tgwbs, Esty, Underhill, and me...

Then we kill TGWBS and find out [remember my hypotheticalness, and you'll understand my question shortly] that he's also innocent...

Then say I'm killed off the next night...

Leaving two villagers, Esty and Underhillo. Do they kill each other leaving "Moderator Wins!!!"?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 PM   #384
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Sorry, catching up on posts -- we could stick with the original plan, which was tgwbs as the definite. Boro maybe wasn't the ideal candidate, but we could take him in a double just to be sure. The odds of a cursed still be around and being killed by the remaining wolf are pretty low.

I know I'm all over the map here. I was leaning toward an innocent Enca before the "mistake". I'd go for a Shorty-B88 double.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #385
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Definitely only hypothetical, Fea!

How about Enca? Do you think her vote really was a mistake, and why? I don't understand her reaction, unless it really is that of a wolf cornered and desperate. A wolf alone could react just like that, seemingly giving up and hoping for a wonder...
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #386
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm okay for a Shorty/B88 double. Worry about Encai tomorrow then?

Here're my thoughts on Shorty:

Votes for three innocents, then votes for himself, throwing it away on a crucial day. Day one, mentions Cailin to be a suspect because he "didn't notice" her posting. Drops her immediately when called on it. Good way to cast suspicion early, but in a very harmless way, on a fellow wolf. Says Firefoot and LMP are not wolves, using the word "definate". Not even the Seer ever uses the word definate. Day three: defends Weremendacil.

My thoughts on B88: the lad's been troubling me all along and I'll be quite happy to finally know for sure his role.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #387
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, I'm willing to go with a Shorty/B88 double if that's what we all agree on. As you've said, if Enca really is the wolf, we can get her on the next day - I hope...

At any rate, I will have to make my decision within the next half hour, as the RL part of my day starts then.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 PM   #388
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
How about Enca? Do you think her vote really was a mistake, and why?
It might have been. I lean toward it, actually. Wolves aren't that sloppy. Sure, she might be feeling the pressure if she is a wolf, but still, I have confidence in her aplomb in situations like that. I wouldn't expect her to so openly screw up at all.

On the other hand... I know diddly squat for certain, so she could easily be lupine.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #389
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Alright, I'm on board. morm, do you agree? If so, how do we orchestrate it?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #390
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I can't say I want Encai to survive, I can't tell you how much time and effort I put into this day and to have it ruined was frustrating. Okay we have one vote for TGWBS and 2 for Boromir. Esty vote for TGWBS and Fea vote the same.

Mister Underhill please vote Boromir and I will then vote for Encai as protest. Also before the end of the day I will post some closing thoughts because I feel that I will die.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #391
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's my suggestion - we need one vote away from the two main targets. I can vote for Enca, which would genuinely reflect my long-standing suspicion of her, leaving the three of you to vote, one for Boro, two for tgwbs.

edit - morm, why are you changing back to Enca?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #392
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
At any rate, I will have to make my decision within the next half hour, as the RL part of my day starts then.
I know the feeling. I'm looking at my clock thinking "I've got a class in 7 1/2 hours and I'd like to finish a drawing before I go to bed."

Are we set on B and TGWBS tonight? If so, we next decide who votes for whom.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Okay. TGWBS it is. I'll vote shortly. And morm, I eagerly await your "last words" if they end up being them.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #394
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Cross-posting is the only thing that can mess us up now. We need to have a quick agreement for the double-lynching to work. If by my vote for Enca , for Boro, or for tgwbs I can save our village, I will. You have my scissors!

Let's not vote before we have agreed on a list!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #395
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Esty I was voting for Encai because I need to vote for somebody and the way outlined would make it so both TG and Boro have 3 votes each.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:43 PM   #396
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

OK, morm, it doesn't matter who votes for which, the important thing is to do it. Then go ahead with your vote for Enca, I will vote as necessary to make the double lynching work.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #397
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

The posts have been flying fast and furious. morm's plan is:

Esty - tgwbs
Fea - tgwbs
Me - Boro (creating the tie)
morm - Enca (symbolic)

Let's see those votes, people.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #398
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My suggested voting list:

morm votes for Enca as he plans

I will vote for Boro, as he's top on my list

Underhill and Fea vote for tgwbs

Result - double lynching, all have voted.

Agreed?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:46 PM   #399
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Cross-posted with Underhill - Undé, may I be the one to vote for Boro?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #400
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill
The posts have been flying fast and furious. morm's plan is:

Esty - tgwbs
Fea - tgwbs
Me - Boro (creating the tie)
morm - Enca (symbolic)

Let's see those votes, people.
Let's just stick with this okay.