The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #721
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
++shasta
Now that is interesting.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #722
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Seriously, this is a mess.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:59 PM   #723
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Eonwe
Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #724
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Deadline

The deadline has come.

Please stop posting.

Narration to follow.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #725
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What if we end up with a draw?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #726
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Honestly...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 07-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #727
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WE TALKED ABOUT THIS WHAT, THREE TIMES NOW?

*headdesks*

x'd with Kuru
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:26 PM   #728
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots NIGHT Six

In a rising crescendo worthy of the completely fictitious Dead Thread in that awful movie Kuru showed last time, the discussion this DAY rose to a frenzied tumult!

"I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"No, I'm right!"

"I agree strictly verbatim!"

"You're all wrong including me!"

"Whut..?"

The residents seized Steve and dragged him to the guillotine, held him down and prepared to pull the lever.

"WAIT," cried Shasta "I feel strangely empowered to make you all dance with me!"

And somehow...they did. Even those who found this most, most frustrating.

They were still dancing when darkness fell and Steve was still among them.

Living
Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Eönwë
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun
Thinlómien
Loslote
Mithalwen
Boromir88
Nogrod

Escaped
Pervinca Took (Ordo)
Old 07-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #729
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

The guests groggily woke from their sleep with the dawn.

"What weird dreams," said Boro and Nog together.

"I agree," said Morsul.

"Even in my dreams I am absolutely awesome," said Legate.

"Humph," said Nerwen.

"Hey, we're pretty awesome toooOOOOOooo!" said Brinniel and Sally together.

"Yeah, but I'm still psychic when I'm asleep," said Shasta. "Annnd, still lived through the end of the game...for what that may or may not be worth. I'll take it!"

"At least I got to be a warg...ish type creature...at the end...by a technicality," said Eomer. "I still won, though."

"I think Kuru poisoned our food!" exclaimed Mith "Let's get him!"

"Yeah!" agreed everyone.

They charged out the door...

...to find themselves at a cave mouth that led them to a labyrinthine system of canyons...

Not again...

The Cast

Legate of Amon Lanc
Brinniel
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim

Nerwen
Shastanis Althreduin
Eönwë

Inziladun
Loslote
Boromir88
Morsul the Dark
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Mithalwen
Nogrod
Pervinca Took

WEREWOLVES VICTORIOUS!

In honor of the werewolves victory, we will have our post game chat in this thread.

I will post a post-mortem later, but now I must dash.

Thank you everyone for playing and I hope you had fun!

The final NIGHT, the Good Wizard attempted to turn the Evil Wizard into a Visitor.

That didn't work.

The Evil Wizard attempted to kill the Ranger...again.

That still didn't work.

The Evil Wizard converted Eomer.

That worked.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #730
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ach.

Congrats, EW, and you wicked minions!

I hate that I didn't get more action in the World of the Living, but as I said in the Afterlife, I had to cut and run on the Day I was lynched. Baddies took advantage, naturally.

Anyway, the Dead Thread was great fun, and it was nice to have some way of staying active after I was taken out.

Thanks, Kuru. Great concept and execution (pun definitely intended).
Old 07-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #731
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

No...
Old 07-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #732
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Congrats, wolves. Game well played!

I had a lot of fun in the Dead thread, at least, so congrats as well to Kuru for an exciting game!

Legate, you were the EW, right? The Dead thread was so frustrated for Days that the living wouldn't just kill you already. And who was the GW? Why was Lal listed with the Dead? What a game.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:22 PM   #733
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Legate, you were the EW, right? The Dead thread was so frustrated for Days that the living wouldn't just kill you already. And who was the GW?
Somebody didn't click on the links...and I went to so much trouble.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #734
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Somebody didn't click on the links...and I went to so much trouble.
Haha, my bad! I got a little lazy in my death. I totally called Nerwen as a Wizard, though I really thought she was a Wizard of another flavor.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #735
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Haha, my bad! I got a little lazy in my death. I totally called Nerwen as a Wizard, though I really thought she was a Wizard of another flavor.
Same here. I had a feeling about her from the start; I just thought from the way she jumped on my 'slip' that evil was more likely.

We sure tried to help you, Shasta. Turns out Legate couldn't be lynched, but we didn't know that.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #736
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Have to say, really nice play there Nerwen!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #737
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
No...
You're welcome.

I'll be back later with more, but for now, cheers to everyone on both sides!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #738
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe

Dammit! Well, it was worth a try. I thought Brinn was more likely to be the EW. At least we identified the correct trio of villains.

Trouble is you cunning baddies never gave us enough concrete evidence to get you lynched on- and there was always somebody else practically screaming to be checked out at Night.

And no, Zil,I did not "jump" on you, I just poked you a bit and you overreacted. I didn't allow enough at first for how paranoid the lack of reference points was making ordos in this village.

Anyway, good game.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-20-2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typos.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:28 PM   #739
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh, and the way this bloody village kept lynching/trying to lynch my known innocents! Maddening, it was.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #740
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
They did have a habit of looking fishy. Amazing how death clears the mind. Aatounded Lal wasman ordo though.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #741
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Aatounded Lal wasman ordo though.
Truly, truly astounded.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:17 PM   #742
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*Phew*

So glad I can breathe again! Last Night was rather intense. We knew we had to finally get our wolf pick right, because by the end of Day 5, none of us were looking exactly innocent and this Night could make it or break it.

Btw, we considered turning Eomer every Night since Night 3, but until last Night, we always ended up choosing someone else instead. Next time, I'll have to remember to pick him first.

For the record, our picks were:

Night 1
Wolf pick: Brinn

Night 2
Wolf pick: Loslote - We picked her because we thought if she were lynched in the next couple Days, the village would be less likely to link her to us. But alas, the GW picked her too and our choices were canceled out.
Kill: Morsul - We figured his death wouldn't have much impact on the village and he would be better to cause some chaos in the Dead Thread.

Night 3
Wolf pick: Sally - After crossing paths with the GW the previous Night, we just really wanted a successful wolf conversion. And we figured it was unlikely she was picked by the GW or protected.
Kill: Lommy - We hoped her death would cause a little confusion and villagers may search for a trail that didn't exist. And maybe if we were lucky, she was also gifted.

Night 4
Wolf pick: Shasta - We picked him for several reasons: We thought it may be unexpected if all three submarines were wolves and hoped since he hadn't been around much, that the GW wouldn't pick him. Also, his psychic powers were starting to come into play and we figured it would be better to have him on our team. We were informed that the conversion failed, though it wasn't clear if it was because he was protected or already gifted.
Kill: Mithalwen - We decided to go with a safer kill on this Night. And generally no one seemed to suspect her.

Night 5
Wolf pick: Eonwe - After another failure, we decided to take a different strategy and go with a riskier pick rather than a safe one. Since both Sally and I were gunning against him the previous Day, should the game continue another Day, we thought as a wolf, we could throw him under the bus and look less suspicious for doing so. In previous Nights, we did avoid him thinking he was an obvious pick for the GW, but by Night 5 we hoped the GW would assume the same thing and not pick him, and it seemed highly unlikely he'd be chosen that Night. We gambled and unfortunately we were wrong. Boy, was that infuriating...
Kill: Nogrod - We killed him for the full intention of causing some chaos. Considering he could be easy lynch fodder, no one would expect a Nog death (and no way he'd be ranger protected). If we continued into the next Day, we hoped the village would be distracted by trying to figure out why he died.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #743
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Night 2
Wolf pick: Loslote - We picked her because we thought if she were lynched in the next couple Days, the village would be less likely to link her to us. But alas, the GW picked her too and our choices were canceled out.
Haha! I assume the GW picked me as a hunter or a visitor? Yeah, the number one thing that I can consistently be depended on to do is die, quickly and vehemently.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 PM   #744
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I must thank my comrades for a great game and exciting victory.

Legate made for a wise and great evil overlord (with democratic tendencies). I enjoyed being evil with him from the start and bouncing ideas back and forth.

And of course, Sally is always fun to werewolf with. (I also loved our reactionary OMG texts we sent to each upon the end of Day 5.)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:41 PM   #745
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

And props to Team GW for a great performance!

We were wary of Nerwen as the possible GW for awhile and though we finally concluded last Night she most likely was, we were never completely sure.

We knew last Night that either Shasta or Eonwe were gifted, though I did not expect it to be both of them. Shasta, you amaze me with your accuracy.

I know the odds looked like they were on the Evil Side's favor for the last couple Days, but it could've so easily gone either way. Team GW was quite effective in blocking our wolf picks, which kept our pack small. And by the end of Day 5, we knew they were onto us. Both picks last Night were very tough to make and it felt something like Russian Roulette. We really lucked out with picking Eomer, because had that pick failed, all three of us would've been flailing into Day 6 for what might have been a slow and painful loss.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #746
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

And I saw somewhere in the Dead Thread that someone guessed the EW's strategy would be to stay quiet and let the wolves make some noise...but we actually found the opposite to work best. It wasn't intentional at first (Legate is naturally a louder player and I'm quieter), we were happy to keep the focus on Legate because while lynching him wouldn't be ideal, it's better than a wolf death and it would give us one more Night for a conversion before a challenge could occur. And of course on the last Night, we kept our fingers crossed that the focus on Legate would prompt the GW to select him as the visitor who leaves rather than a wolf.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:17 AM   #747
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Woohoo! Or, mwahahahaha. (Finally don't need to hide my true colours.)

Brinniel already said all the important stuff, basically. I spent the last Night tearing my hair off how to make sure our pick doesn't get canceled by the GW again, because that was what everything depended on.

That said, to my arch-nemesis Nerwen and all the other Gifteds, really a good play. *bows* Bonus points to Shasta who was, once again, psychic. (Like what is it - first one post per day, then: "Legate is evil." Next: "And Brinn and Sally probably too.") Like I told my packmates last Night in my moment of deepest doubt: "If we lose, then we can take pride in not losing to any losers."

It was a fabulous game in any case; and thank you Kuru for orchestrating it (plus I really like "my" video )

BUT with all the praise for my opponents, who I still have to praise the most were my Wolfy minions, who faithfully accompanied me throughout the entire game when we couldn't for the life of us get a third Wolf. But we had a blast, and it was amazing to play with you both! Thank you for a memorable experience!

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 07-21-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #748
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Night 5
Wolf pick: Eonwe - After another failure, we decided to take a different strategy and go with a riskier pick rather than a safe one. Since both Sally and I were gunning against him the previous Day, should the game continue another Day, we thought as a wolf, we could throw him under the bus and look less suspicious for doing so. In previous Nights, we did avoid him thinking he was an obvious pick for the GW, but by Night 5 we hoped the GW would assume the same thing and not pick him, and it seemed highly unlikely he'd be chosen that Night. We gambled and unfortunately we were wrong. Boy, was that infuriating...
So that's who it was. I knew you had to have picked one of them.

Quote:
Kill: Nogrod - We killed him for the full intention of causing some chaos. Considering he could be easy lynch fodder, no one would expect a Nog death (and no way he'd be ranger protected). If we continued into the next Day, we hoped the village would be distracted by trying to figure out why he died.
Yes, I noted Legate's frustration that that this wasn't happening...
Old 07-21-2017, 01:12 AM   #749
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, anyone who's read the Dead Thread knows I got mercilessly confused by the end of the last Day...

...but I'm quite glad my top suspects were Legate, Brinn and Nerwen. Less glad that I decided Nerwen was the most suspicious of them all.

But well played, both teams! It looks like it was quite a battled beneath the surface, of course us (dead) ordos were entirely clueless of it all until yesterDay when Kuru hinted that the game has been "quite a chess match" so far.

Thanks for modding, Kuru! The narrations were hilarious and I especially appreciate you always being there to clarify rules, as well as you keeping us company on the Dead Thread.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #750
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Also I briefly talked with Legate at home this morning and he said WHAT HE AND BRINNIEL WERE MESSING AROUND SWITCHING WITH THE EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATION LIST YESTERdAY WAS PRE-PLANNED AND YOU CAN SEE HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME.

Yeah we dead weren't too happy about it, especially not about the updated version...

But proves again that the evil team were on top of their game.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:24 AM   #751
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Well, anyone who's read the Dead Thread knows I got mercilessly confused by the end of the last Day...

...but I'm quite glad my top suspects were Legate, Brinn and Nerwen. Less glad that I decided Nerwen was the most suspicious of them all.

But well played, both teams! It looks like it was quite a battled beneath the surface, of course us (dead) ordos were entirely clueless of it all until yesterDay when Kuru hinted that the game has been "quite a chess match" so far.
Well, I do hope all the Nightly buzzing and banging and fizzing makes up for the lack of an official duel by Day.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:34 AM   #752
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I knew Legate was evil when he wrongly accused me of being a submarine. My reasons and vote for him unfortunately disappeared. As did oddly the first attempt at this post.

Old 07-21-2017, 02:28 AM   #753
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh and the dead thread was great fun and those who I had voted for in life wefe remarkably gracious. Of course the fact we were all ordos probably helped the harmony and efficiency. And I would point out that empowering Shasta v Legate twice wasn't random

Old 07-21-2017, 02:41 AM   #754
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Aatounded Lal wasman ordo though.
Truly, truly astounded.
Oh yes, just a poor hapless misguided ordo who trusted the wrong people. No wonder the baddies never tried to turn me, they didn't need to as I was busy doing the EW's work without that.

Voice of Saruman award goes to Legate, I think...very well done, sir.

The late deadline really didn't help me make good decisions, either. Plus I genuinely did think the GW wasn't allowed to communicate any names to his/her subordinates.
Old 07-21-2017, 02:46 AM   #755
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I really enjoyed reading the Dead Thread - last time when I was on there I was a wolf and had to watch my words - you guys were all ordos and so could all talk freely which is much more fun!

Mith, I see you were suspicious about me worrying about your vanished vote. It was actually partly friendly concern and partly frustration about not knowing how you would have voted as I was wondering if you'd been turned. That's also why I was questioning you about Lottie.
Once you were Night-killed all became clear.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:28 AM   #756
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Night 5
Wolf pick: Eonwe
I knew it! But of course the wolves were those who were already trying to get me lynched...

Sorry for suspecting you Eomer, but your analysis of the narrations seemed close but off just the right amount that I thought you were in the know and trying to misguide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Also I briefly talked with Legate at home this morning and he said WHAT HE AND BRINNIEL WERE MESSING AROUND SWITCHING WITH THE EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATION LIST YESTERdAY WAS PRE-PLANNED AND YOU CAN SEE HOW HAPPY THIS MAKES ME.

Yeah we dead weren't too happy about it, especially not about the updated version...

But proves again that the evil team were on top of their game.
Yeah, the way the lists were being done later on were starting to bother me, but due to RL issues I wasn't able to be around to do anything about it.

Also, on the last Day I was hunting Legate, which meant that when it came to the DL, I was actually hoping that the empowerment was going to go for one of the votes against me, which was not something I expected.

Also, Nerwen, what did you do on Night 5? I couldn't work it out. Just a scry?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:30 AM   #757
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

And last Night was definitely the most stressful WW-Night I've had in years...
Old 07-21-2017, 03:38 AM   #758
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh my...

Congrats to the evil side and three hails to the good-team for putting up a real fight we ordos were quite incapable of providing.

I must admit I like these games with the dead-thread as one can continue playing after being removed from the main-thread.

There is one thing I'd be happy to be educated though - I mean as no one else has asked this it must just be that I'm blind or stupid or just terribly bad at reading the rules. But I'm interested in knowing it nevertheless.

So how come the game ended already if the evil side missed a kill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
The Evil Wizard attempted to kill the Ranger...again.

That still didn't work.

The Evil Wizard converted Eomer.

That worked.
The Evil side obviously killed Lalaith, but how come the EW were then able to try to kill the ranger as well, on top of converting Eomer? I mean there is a mentioning in the rules that the EW may kill solo, but to me it looks like it is reserved for situations where the EW is on her own in the Living Thread:
Quote:
The Evil Wizard may make kills solo once they have created a wolf (in a scenario where the Evil Wizard has lost all their wolves). This rule applies even if the Evil Wizard has wolf picks in reserve that have not been used yet but is for some reason on his/her own.
Did the EW always have two personal acts / Night - on top of the wolves doing their own killing? If yes, then I'd suggest it makes the Evil side way too powerful.

What am I missing here? (Obviously something)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:05 AM   #759
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Also, Nerwen, what did you do on Night 5? I couldn't work it out. Just a scry?
Yes- it was a toss-up between Nogrod and Legate, and unfortunately I chose Nogrod.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:12 AM   #760
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nog, the evil side didn't kill Lalaith in the Night. She's not listed with us because she didn't have a special rôle (I assume). The Night-kill target was Shasta (the Ranger), who had anticipated this and self-protected. It was converting Eomer into a wolf that did it.