The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-17-2005, 01:12 AM   #361
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
We could end this all today by organising a double lynching. But that seems rather unsporting. Sorry I can't post again until around 3pm GMT at the earliest, I'll leave it up to the rest of you decide.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:32 AM   #362
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh dear, tar-ancalime m'dear...I've admired your style, and I'm frantically searching for any excuse to get LMP lynched, but now you have to ruin everything by doubting Lalaith. Not a good investment; belief in Lalaith is general, and you're in danger of losing a lot of support...

Now, the case I want to put forward. LMP has gabbled across the village tirelessly. The first corpse was a quiet possible Seer, Kuruharan, who mildly suspected him. He inspired so much confidence in our real Seer that she didn't think to dream of him once. (Incidentally, I don't regret our last choice of Eonwe. Having him as an unknown factor could have been most disturbing.)

Of the two kwown wolves, Wayne and Kitanna, he was against the lynching of Wayne on Day One, and joined the Kitanna bandwagon as it gathered speed. Naturally he hadn't defended Wayne when the Seer's accusation was stacked against him. He also did demand that the real Seer come forward if it wasn't Wilwa-a possible wolvish attempt to cover all bases, which Lalaith exposed as a bad idea.

He's been given to suspecting one way and voting another. He had his defence well-prepared when Day dawned, and I wouldn't surprised if the Cursed was omitted from it on purpose. Certainly, I fell for the lure and forgot about him till I was reminded.

He has hurled dogmatic plans into the arena; the first one got support and so implicated a few innocents. Throughout the game his relationship with tar-ancalime has been peculiar; they swap ideas and declare each other's confidence in each other, yet quite often vote for each other.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:34 AM   #363
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*rushes back in, having forgotten to mention two important points*

Oh, and LMP, the obvious reason why the wolf didn't kill me is that the wolf is you, and you knew I would kill you.
Quote:
Who they are depends upon how things went down last Night:
tar went after either Lal or Firefoot.
How on earth did you know that the wolf would hunt Firefoot, not Eonwe or Anguirel? All the innocents were potential prey.
This is very strange. Explain yourself.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM   #364
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I think I can answer that. tar-wolf wouldn't go after me because I'm trying to get LMP hanged, and Eonwe is pretty quiet. Or that's what LMP will say...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:25 AM   #365
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
How on earth did you know that the wolf would hunt Firefoot, not Eonwe or Anguirel? All the innocents were potential prey.
It's simple. (Setting aside the now self-evident fact that he's the wolf, of course, which makes it even simpler.)

Firefoot had been wishing me dead for days! Wolf-ancalime, if such a horrific beast existed, would be slavering to get rid of her. Killing Firefoot was a sloppy attempt at framing me.

Also, lmp could have written that post with "(plug in innocent's name here)" for "Firefoot." It's quite possible he thought of Lalaith as a potential target; still, all he had to do was plug in the appropriate names to a post that has the same meaning no matter whether it reads "Firefoot," "Anguirel," "Eonwe," or "The Ghost of Gaurhoth Past."

How "convenient" for him that the name he got to use was the person who's been suspicious of me from the beginning!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:43 AM   #366
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

++littlemanpoet
Old 11-17-2005, 04:51 AM   #367
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
This is very strange. Explain yourself.
Firefoot is the best at keen analysis. Biggest threat to the werewolf. Plain and simple.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:54 AM   #368
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh dear, tar-ancalime m'dear...I've admired your style, and I'm frantically searching for any excuse to get LMP lynched.
Really, Anguirel. If you want me lynched on style, that's pretty poor. Unsporting, even. Fine, lynch me. You'll still win the game, because you can get tar next time. Fine. I'm beginning to hope that these ungracious villagers actually do get wiped, because of the trumped up nonsense you're foisting up just to get the one you don't like. Your choice. Why do I bother?

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 11-17-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 AM   #369
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar-ancalime
It's simple. (Setting aside the now self-evident fact that he's the wolf, of course, which makes it even simpler.)

Firefoot had been wishing me dead for days! Wolf-ancalime, if such a horrific beast existed, would be slavering to get rid of her. Killing Firefoot was a sloppy attempt at framing me.

Also, lmp could have written that post with "(plug in innocent's name here)" for "Firefoot." It's quite possible he thought of Lalaith as a potential target; still, all he had to do was plug in the appropriate names to a post that has the same meaning no matter whether it reads "Firefoot," "Anguirel," "Eonwe," or "The Ghost of Gaurhoth Past."

How "convenient" for him that the name he got to use was the person who's been suspicious of me from the beginning!
Having fun wolfing it to the bitter end, I see, gaur-ancalime
Old 11-17-2005, 05:09 AM   #370
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

It's just like you said at the beginning, old chap. "Different approaches."

My approach happens to be that it'll be the biggest jest I've pulled off in my career of foolery if you swing...

Besides, in the fine Hop-Frog/Dagonet/Fool/Touchstone/Trinculo tradition, we Fools constantly flirt with self-destruction. If I'm right, I'm a hero. If I'm wrong...I've fulfilled my calling! What care I for consequences? I am a meddler in mirth!

++littlemanpoet
Old 11-17-2005, 05:48 AM   #371
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

sorry i havn't been on at all toDay. i this have a death wish for tar-a, though i guess it doens't matter. lmp does worry me a bit, though. sorry this is short, but i gotta run.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #372
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
It's just like you said at the beginning, old chap. "Different approaches."

My approach happens to be that it'll be the biggest jest I've pulled off in my career of foolery if you swing...

Besides, in the fine Hop-Frog/Dagonet/Fool/Touchstone/Trinculo tradition, we Fools constantly flirt with self-destruction. If I'm right, I'm a hero. If I'm wrong...I've fulfilled my calling! What care I for consequences? I am a meddler in mirth!
The jester's cavalier attitude regarding my hoped-for death is quite unsettling. It's a good thing we know he's a known innocent. Well, innocent of being a werewolf, perhaps, but a more blackhearted rogue I have never met, trying to make of Lal & Eonwe accomplices in his murderous intent.

Tar, I suspect that you are an unwilling victim of the lycanthropic turn you have endured, and so I beg of you, should I "swing", that you would see justice done, and end the beating of the murderous heart of the jester this coming Night.

Everyone, as you can see, I have dug three graves. They each will be required, unless you vote the right person toDay.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:08 AM   #373
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok, if I now vote for tar-a and Eonwe doesn't vote at all, we have a double lynching and all is over.
If we only kill one and we get it wrong today, we still win tomorrow as long as the wolf doesn't get the cursed villager. In which case we lose.

What shall we do, innocents?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #374
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I say we let the hunt run to a proper conclusion and avoid a double-lynching-too tedious for words. The Cursed Villager almost certainly lies dead already, after all; it's a risk that it would be most chicken-hearted to avoid...
Old 11-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #375
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang
I say we let the hunt run to a proper conclusion and avoid a double-lynching-too tedious for words. The Cursed Villager almost certainly lies dead already, after all; it's a risk that it would be most chicken-hearted to avoid...
i dont' think so. lets not talk in statistics (ie, one in fifteen is a cursed, so we have whatever chance that he is still alive). that is crap, because there is no guarentee. and supposeing that the cursed villagers is among us (horros, it could be me!), we kill lmp, the wolf takes down the cursed, and we lose. i certainly don't want the wolf to pull that out of her hat. that would be to embarrasing, after teh immense lead we have today. a vote double lynch.

assuming lalaith isn't posting a vote for tar-a right now...

++tar-a

its better to have it over and done with, and not run the risk. call me craven, but why risk our lusterous victory on a fool's honor? not to mention i've wanted tar-a dead since two Evenings ago....

ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith
What shall we do, innocents?
whatever you want, my dear.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:04 AM   #376
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

What a courageous, fearless, risk-taking, dynamic soldier.

Pah! You root the thrill out of the chase! We should allow the wolf its tiny chance of victory, I say, rather than crush excitement in relentless authoritarianism.

As jester and impromptu Master of Ceremonies, I say, let the dance go on! The curtain is not ready to fall. littlewolfpoet accused me of being unsporting earlier, but I say that a double-lynching now would be the very manifestation of all work and no play boredom.

I leave the matter in Miss Goosey's able hands.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #377
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Hmmm....I'm in no mood to bow to your whims, Sir Jester, after you led me such a merry dance with your little masquerade. (Did you pick up on my hints btw, all the stuff about wearing my goosefeathers....)
But, still....I do feel that we would be unsporting and what is more, I think our great moddess goddess (who has had to put up with much, including confused rambling PMs from me) would prefer us to go for the single lynch.

I'll be back soon.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #378
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I could tell you were saying something with the goosefeathers, but I couldn't for the life of me tell what. Was it more vague evidence of your Huntership, in some Indianesque fashion, or a message to me as a supposed Seer?

I think it would demonstrate that a village can defend itself without double-lynchings (we've had not one so far, thank Eru) were we to avoid one, and also preserve one of the exciting unpredictable elements left, namely the Cursed. If we lynch everyone in a paranoiac attempt to stop the Cursed having any chance of being killed, what's the point of having one? No, let that pageant roll into place if the fates will it.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:02 PM   #379
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I was trying to imply, and hoping that you would thus infer, that you were wearing my garb, my dear jester.

Anyway, it looks like I've been asked to make a decision on behalf of everyone. Something I hate doing. Plus I don't have time to go back and inspect everything thoroughly.
What to do?
Tar-a was suspected by wilwa and now by Eonwe.
LMP is suspected by Anguirel (probably out of sheer devilry) and by me, who can't spot a wolf when it comes and slavers in her lap (vis a vis Kitanna)
oh, lord, Bleak House is starting, I must go.
++LMP

Good luck, village.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:14 PM   #380
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I shall be hanged, or what have you.

Dupes! Fools! Miscreants! Idiots, even! Do you honestly believe that I would allow myself to have outright enemies amongst the innocents, if I was the werewolf? Only fools could think me such a fool. No, I would ingratiate myself to all of you innocents, as tar has so cunningly done. Why, we have two jesters, not one!

The three graves shall be filled. Eonwe, my blood is not on your hands. But because of the foolishness of those who have voted to kill the innocent and save the werewolf, I do hope that one of you is Cursed. If so, you all shall pay for your foolhardiness. Well played, tar. You've fooled them all for one last Day and Night.

Oh, and to borrow, with attributions (coughB88cough) a most terse and well-put phrase, you're all knuckleheads (well, except for the sensible Eonwe).
Old 11-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #381
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
LMP is suspected by Anguirel (probably out of sheer devilry).
Quite right, dear Miss Goosey. If LMP is a wolf I'll be pleased but extremely surprised.

Now, my dear Lady Tar-Ancalime, pay no attention to LMP's pleading that you rip me apart tonight. I've killed almost as many innocents as you have, I believe; Menel, Glirdan, and now probably the Renowned Undertaker. Really no point in Cursing me if I turn out to be that way inclined; I'm doing fine as I am...and I have a final little jest to arrange tomorrow if all goes well...

EDIT: Cross-posted with the Moddess Goddess. Shall I delete?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:35 PM   #382
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I could have sworn there was no Cobbler in this game!

Anguirel?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM   #383
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
No need to delete, It was just a heads-up.
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #384
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Then I'll clarify. I'm a jester, not a cobbler, but my status as a proven innocent has allowed me to have a little fun and wreak a little havoc...some intentional, some not...and I'm saving up a twist. I only hope I get the chance to employ it...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #385
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
The villagers had had enough. They wanted to put an end to the mad massacre, and so they decided to lynch the village undertaker. "You've already taken too many of us six feet under", the ever-reducing lot growled as they approached littlemanpoet. The remaining residents had brought most imaginative gadgets with them in order to finish things as efficiently as possible.

Anguirel squeezed his slingshot and an arsenal of ammunition consisting mostly of walnuts and apples, Eonwe fingered a tuberous billy club, Lalaith bore a cutlass and tar-ancalime held a thingamabob that she called a fool-proof Werecreature eliminator. In one rank the four walked towards littlemanpoet who stood on the other side of the village square glaring at the villagers half smugly, knowing that they would have to admit their mistake, and half peevishly, knowing that he himself would not be able to see that moment.

"You killed our friends: prepare to die", the group bawled.

"Now listen, you idiots, do you really want to fill the three graves I dug today? This is insane, you are a useless bunch of twits!" littlemanpoet hissed. But of course, the villagers didn't tolerate that kind of speech from a death-sentenced, and so they attacked him without hesitating to use their gizmos. The air was thick with nuts and vegetable food, and after Anguirel run out of ammunition, Eonwe and tar-ancalime rushed to contribute the lynching. Finally Lalaith sprang forth and cut littlemanpoet's throat with her sword. Hearts pounding and clothes covered with blood the villagers stepped back to admire the fruit of their collaboration. They had managed to kill the undertaker pretty efficiently, but the down side was that it seemed that he wasn't a werewolf after all. It was proved that the Werecreature eliminator can eliminate normal human beings too, though.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Eonwe - militiaman
Lalaith - goosegirl
tar-ancalime - charlatan

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1
Kuruharan(ord) - half devoured and prepared to be turned into haggis on Night 2
Meneltarmacil(ord) - sat on, roasted, minced and boiled by three passing by trolls on Day 2
Kath(ord) - chopped up and organized alphabetically on Night 3
WaynetheGoblin(wolf) - burned to death on Day 3
Celuien(ranger) - mauled with musical instruments on Night 4
Kitanna(wolf) - stoned, battered and decapitated on Day 4
Wilwarin538(seer) - eyes plucked out and made into a scarecrow on Night 5
Glirdan(ord) - taunted to death on Day 5
Firefoot(ord) - mutilated and deformed on Night 6
littlemanpoet(ord) - maimed with wondrous gadgets on Day 6

Score:
Villagers: 3
Wolves: 1

It is now Night 7. As I said earlier, I'll be without internet access this Saturday. I suggest that we don't use 24-hour-long phases anymore (only two people said that they approved the suggestion and now the other one is dead) and Day 7 will begin probably at 3:00 pm. GMT tomorrow. Is it fine? Post in the admin thread if you have any complains about that, please. Good Night!
Old 11-19-2005, 12:22 AM   #386
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
"Cursed, since your birth dear, and your worst fears have all come true"

During the night, a heart chilling howl split the silence. Every villager sat upright in their beds. To each the howl had sounded almost outside their window. But the silence reigned again, although sleep did not.

When they arose in the morning, each made their way to the center of town, just as they had grown accustomed to do. The Villagers were already used to encountering the loss of a new Villager every morning, and therefore couldn't believe their eyes when they gathered to the village square. Everyone was there and very much alive. What did this mean? Had the wolf become a pacifist in one night? Had someone somehow escaped from the wolves never-missing grasp? They stood for a while in silence, trying to sort out their thoughts. But suddenly the villagers noticed a big 'C' carved on the wall of the nearest house.

They walked over to inspect the carving, which appeared to have been made by claws. Yet the letter had been hewn out of solid stone. Quivering, the villagers turned and walked away, knowing that the symbol had been left by the Werewolf.

"A 'C'? What could that mean?", one thought out loud.

"Clowns, perhaps?", piped in the very cheery jester.

"No, it can't be that. We're talking wolves here."

"Claws!"

"No, it has to Mean something."

"Then it must mean... Cursed..."

All the villagers gasped. But two of those gasps were only a ploy. Terrified they looked at each other. They knew that the nightly howl had sounded much to joyful to be normal. Suddenly they knew why the wolvish noise had sounded so full of glee. One of their own had been converted into a werewolf.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Eonwe - militiaman
Lalaith - goosegirl
tar-ancalime - charlatan

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1
Kuruharan(ord) - half devoured and prepared to be turned into haggis on Night 2
Meneltarmacil(ord) - sat on, roasted, minced and boiled by three passing by trolls on Day 2
Kath(ord) - chopped up and organized alphabetically on Night 3
WaynetheGoblin(wolf) - burned to death on Day 3
Celuien(ranger) - mauled with musical instruments on Night 4
Kitanna(wolf) - stoned, battered and decapitated on Day 4
Wilwarin538(seer) - eyes plucked out and made into a scarecrow on Night 5
Glirdan(ord) - taunted to death on Day 5
Firefoot(ord) - mutilated and deformed on Night 6
littlemanpoet(ord) - maimed with wondrous gadgets on Day 6

Score:
Villagers: 2
Wolves: 2

It is now Day 7. Day will end in 24 hours, or when everyone has voted. Normally, this villager to wolf ratio would mean that the wolves have won. But the outcome is not yet that certain.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:01 AM   #387
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Well...after acting so smarmy yesterday...I have to admit I haven't the vaguest idea what's going on. Or why we're not all dead.

My evil stratagem has now completely caved in, so I'll tell you what I had in mind.

In the event of Eonwe being slain and the Cursed One not being found, I was planning to vote for Lalaith, thus forcing her to vote for herself if she wanted the village to win. She would then hunt tar-ancalime, and I, the jester, would alone survive! I would be lord of the village! I would dance on the corpses!

JESTER WINS!

But it was not to be. Now, Lalaith, once again everything lies in your hands. You are the only one of us who cannot be Cursed, as you are clearly the Hunter. I want you to accept my apologies for my framing of Glirdan and LMP-Menel wasn't intentional-and to believe that I've turned over a new leaf. I've repented. Our revels now are ended. I only manipulated people and sent them to their doom when it seemed we were winning by too wide a margin. I wanted there to be a factor of thrill. But now the wolves might actually win-should have won already-

Please believe that I'm on your side. I acted like a Cobbler or a Cursed Villager yesterday and the day before, true; but I would not have known to do so were I the Cursed One. I was playing mind-games, but now the game has swept ahead of me.

Now-I say we lynch the smoother, more dangerous wolf first.

++TAR-ANCALIME
Old 11-19-2005, 03:07 AM   #388
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Sigh. This game has not covered me in glory: giving the wolf a sporting chance was a foolish, quixotic action.

I don't believe a word you say Ang and I'm very much inclined to Hunt you whether you are a wolf or not.
But I'm pretty sure that voting to kill the known wolf, tar-ancalime now is the only option open, I'll worry about the other wolf, and you, later.

++tar-ancalime
Old 11-19-2005, 03:58 AM   #389
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

My goodness, aren't we sure of ourselves today?

Because I have limited computer access this weekend, this is likely to be my only post of the DAY.

I decline to vote.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:40 AM   #390
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Sigh. This game has not covered me in glory: giving the wolf a sporting chance was a foolish, quixotic action.
It was also the correct action. I do not repudiate it even now. There is more to this game than phantom-style competition. There should be honour even among wolves and fools.

Quote:
I don't believe a word you say Ang and I'm very much inclined to Hunt you whether you are a wolf or not.
You can doubt my information if you like, but please don't dismiss it. Considering it is vital in order to make some sense of this bedlam we're in.

I have a sudden fear-if we lynch tar-ancalime today, her acolyte Eonwe will kill one of us, well, me, tonight...then it'll be one-on-one. Another rightful wolf victory. How long can we expect this crazy deadlock clemency to last?

Still, we can't now orchestrate a double lynching. Too late to be spoilsports-the numbers are against us...I suppose we'd better just kill what wolves we can.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:49 AM   #391
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I am not sure why we (myself and the other innocent) have been kept alive, except perhaps to heap further humiliations on us, as I cannot see how we can win now - the scenario you just sketched out, Anguirel, seems inescapable.

How you can talk about honour, though, without blushing, I do not know. I too was a fool, but I was an honest fool, I thought LMP was a wolf, or rather, I thought tar-a was NOT a wolf, which amounts to the same thing.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:08 AM   #392
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

At least I've learnt a lesson. If you're a Villager, there's no point in carrying out Machiavellian schemes against the world. LMP has had his vengeance from beyond the grave. Ah well.

Of course, I suppose Eonwe could repay our generosity to the wolves by attacking you, Lalaith, instead of me, but then you'd probably hunt me rather than him anyway. Oh dear.

Barring more Mod miracles, we're doomed, but at least the original triumvirate will lie dead.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:27 AM   #393
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

For my part, I am most grieved and shamed by the memory of the dead innocents who fought so wisely and bravely and will now lie unavenged. My apologies to them all for flinging away victory for the sake of 'sportsmanship'.

And whether you are wolf or innocent, Anguirel, I am glad that your hideous Hieronymus Bosch-like vision of a crowing jester on the pile of corpses did not become a reality. Better wolves victorious than that, I say.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:12 AM   #394
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
And whether you are wolf or innocent, Anguirel, I am glad that your hideous Hieronymus Bosch-like vision of a crowing jester on the pile of corpses did not become a reality.
Actually I was thinking Edgar Allan Poe. Hopfrog being my predominant influence...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #395
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaith
giving the wolf a sporting chance was a foolish, quixotic action
hate to say i told you so....

i just got home from work, so i will have to go over the situation with my customary senario gleaning...
Old 11-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #396
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I know, I know. And if you're the wolf, Eonwe, feel free to slay me. I deserve it.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #397
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

right-o.

i'll go with

++lalaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
horros, it could be me!
hee-hee!

tar, if you get back on, you should vote lalaith as well, so i have ang all to myself tonight! oh yesssss!
Old 11-20-2005, 01:50 AM   #398
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

All right, have at it:

++ Lalaith

I must confess that I'm more than a little chastened by all this talk of "sportsmanship" and "a fighting chance." Was I THAT bad at this game, that I needed the charity of my opponents? If so, I apologize.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:00 AM   #399
Mischievous Candle

The End of All Things

A confusing and bitter day was ending. There were now two wolves against two villagers, but the lycans hadn't moved even a claw in order to claim their victory. After a voting, Lalaith and tar-ancalime had been chosen for the day's lynchees.

"Which one goes first?" the ever-reducing lot inquired.

"This is insane", Lalaith protested, "Wolves should not have a franchise."

"Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? Did you see her repressing me? You saw her, didn't you?" tar-ancalime gloated.

"I have a suggestion", Eonwe smiled. "Let's not lynch Lalaith and tar. Let's kill Lalaith and Ang."

"Sounds good", tar-ancalime nodded. "It was fun to watch you two struggling, though."

"Yes, we thought it would be a nice jesture to let you think you could still survive", Eonwe added.

"A jester never dies! No living man can kill me!" Anguirel bragged but not very convincingly.

"But no living man am I! You look upon a wolf!" Eonwe and tar-ancalime looked at each other and laughed hysterically. Their bodies trembled with laughter that changed into spine-chilling howling. Tar-ancalime bared her teeth which grew sharp and long and thick grey fur appeared to cover Eonwe's skin. Eonwe leaped on Anguirel and plunged his teeth into the jester's neck. Another horrendous wolf stood up and tensed up her muscles preparing to attack.

Lalaith had only a short dagger against the vigorous wolf and although she fought bravely, the wolf was quicker and tar-ancalime closed her jaw around Lalaith's wrist and tore it off with a sickening crunch.

"Now give up, worthy adversary", tar-ancalime panted.

"'Tis but a scratch", Lalaith belittled.

Grimacing furiously tar-ancalime brought Lalaith to the ground and the wolves rent her heart out. After a little feast the lycans walked away satisfied and extremely pleased with themselves.

A somewhat nearsighted fox passing through Shamville on business of his own stopped several minutes and sniffed. "Villagers!" he thought. "Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a villager sleeping out of doors in the middle of a square. Two of them! There's something mighty queer behind this." He was quite right, but he never found out any more about it.

WOLVES WIN!

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 11-20-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:31 AM   #400
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

What a wonderful study in how to throw away a dead cert victory ...

Well done, tar-ancalime. You managed to convince the Villagers of your innocence just long enough to snatch a most unlikely victory. Although you were aided and abetted unwillingly by the most foolish of fools ( ), that does not detract from the sheer length of time that you managed to survive under the most intense examination.

Congrats to the Wolves and well done, spawn, for an excellently modded and most enjoyable to watch game.

And I can sense another lmp rant materialising on the horizon ...