Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM   #641
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Yes -- if any of the Elf writers can let us know where you want to be found, then either I or Arry or Folwren can bring us to that area and leave a lead in for you to make contact with us.

- E -

Last edited by Envinyatar; 11-16-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #642
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well things seem to be coming together now for the home straight.

Does anyone know if any other elves intend to join the party?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #643
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Cainenyo intends to join the party! Dwarves, you can find him sleeping in some bushes beyond a stone bridge, north of the city.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #644
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
Cainenyo intends to join the party! Dwarves, you can find him sleeping in some bushes beyond a stone bridge, north of the city.
Oh I knew about you .... I saw the save - what about your nearest and dearest?

Old 11-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #645
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Folwren

Let's say the Dwarves have fanned out a bit in their search. Do you want to have Bror stumble across Alcarillo's character at the bridge and bring him to the clearing where Skald is at the huts?

--Arry
Old 11-21-2005, 02:28 PM   #646
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Oh I knew about you .... I saw the save - what about your nearest and dearest?
She could be anywhere, actually. She went off with a bunch of other women and children and a cart full of baggage. Cainenyo really doesn't know if his familly's alive or not, actually, he just followed some wheel tracks in the road and across the bridge . . . so they're probably further in the wilderness, beyond the huts, maybe?

And I've deleted that save. I'll let the dwarves find me first.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:06 PM   #647
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Arry and Alcarillo,

Sure, I can find Alcarillo's character! I see I have a deal of reading to do. Fun stuff. Not just now, though.

Later, folks.

-- Folwren
Old 11-22-2005, 01:00 PM   #648
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Save filled. Alcarillo, if you want anything changed in the meeting, I can do that.

-- Folwren
Old 11-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #649
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Silmaril Great!

But, while a knife did become tangled in his chainmail at the shoulder, it did not cut Cainenyo's flesh. Cainenyo did, however, suffer a cut across his cheek, and I expect it would've oozed some blood, if you want to include that.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:04 PM   #650
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. I though that the knife would have cut his shoulder as well as get entangled in his armor. I'll wait to edit it until you say.

But, yeah, I had forgotten about his cheek being cut. I'll put that in, since I did mention his face being turned towards Bror. Excellent.

-- Folwren
Old 11-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #651
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

My SAVE is filled.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:03 PM   #652
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

My post is edited.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #653
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Does anyone know if further refugees are likely to surface at this stage?

Also, is the valley of Rivendell something that the refugees are going to discover by happy chance or is it something known off rumoured among the elves? Would the high pass be known of for example... If anyone has any ideas please say since Losrian has found herself in the role of guide and so....

Otherwise I will aim to pass the end of hollin ridge as we go north since that will save the waggons a climb. .

BTW.....Alcarillo, I wondered if the woman with baby daughter in the waggon might be Mrs Cainenyo? I left it very open in case you wanted her to be......

Last edited by Mithalwen; 11-27-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #654
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

I think the location for Imladris will be found by happenstance. But perhaps among the Elves of Ost-in-Edhil there could be a fiew stories of the River Bruinen, the dells near the mountains that none have accessed as yet - since the descent to them is on a steep slope. I think as long as we land the Last Homely House in the right location, we're fairly free to make up how it might be found.

And I'll echo Mithalwen's question - are any more of the city Elves going to come along?

- E -
Old 11-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #655
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Maegisil will be joining you along with Sairien and a small group of refugees. He will skirt around any questions as to how he escaped from the palace.

And just as a note: unfortunately, Nurumaiel cannot continue to participate at all in the RPG (unless there's a lovely miracle), and she apologizes for her lack of activity, though no apologies are necessary.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 AM   #656
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What time is it now in the game? I'm unsure in that matter.

Oh, and another question - a little child elf isn't going to know her regular elvish and also a common tongue, is she?

-- Folwren

Last edited by Folwren; 11-29-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #657
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

I'm thinking it will be a little after noon now.

The search parties will continue for a a few more hours, then regroup for the night. Guards will be set along the perimeter of the group; the wounded cared for. Then early the next morning the now swollen group will set off - heading north and east.

The Orcs will most likely not be following after. Sauron's plan was to push westward from Eregion toward Lindon, destroying what he could along the way.

That's not to say there won't be a minor skirmish of some sort . . .

- E -
Old 11-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #658
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envinyatar
The search parties will continue for a a few more hours, then regroup for the night. Guards will be set along the perimeter of the group; the wounded cared for. Then early the next morning the now swollen group will set off - heading north and east.
Do I need to fix my post, then? I don't particularly wish to, but if it's necessary, then I can. I thought, from your post, that we were going to be leaving, but if not. . .I can go back and change what the elf said to Bror.

-- Folwren
Old 11-30-2005, 02:48 AM   #659
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Folwren

Just leave your post as is -- I'll have Skald tell you that the elf misspoke - that he was acting on information that had since changed.

How's that sound?

-- Arry
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 AM   #660
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Sounds good to me, as long as you or Envinyatar don't mind. I am generally alright with changing posts. . .but yesterday's just wasn't working well for me and I didn't want to have to mess with it again. Thanks a lot.

-- Folwren
Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #661
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

A change of plan works for me to since Losrian prepared for a move that doesn't seem to have happened .... but maybe I need to take another look..

Old 11-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #662
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My SAVE is filled.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:24 PM   #663
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If it's not too much trouble, could someone have one of the search parties pick up Maegisil and the refugees he has gathered. They could have run into Maegisil and the scouts, and they would have taken them back to take the refugees with them... Elrond (or someone) can wish to speak with Maegisil, or they can simply grab him and run. Either way.

If it would be better/easier if I simply did a post with the above happening, just let me know.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #664
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Durelin

3 Lorien Elves have found Maegisil and his party. They have been brought to the encampment of Elves and Dwarves - met there by Celeborn.

Go ahead and take it from there.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #665
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Save filled

Mith

Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 AM   #666
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

SAVE filled.

Can someone(s) get the watch going and an unevenful night passed. Then maybe some other(s) can get us on our way north?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #667
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

OK - my SAVE is filled in. The First Watch is under way.

Who would like to wind it up and get us to the next morning and ready to move out?

I did leave a SAVE in case anyone needs to do a post pre-Watch.

-- Arry
Old 12-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #668
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Question

It seems as if we're nearing the end of the game. How do the remaining players want to handle it?

Shall we just have us setting out for Imladris-to-be? And then perhaps each write a final epilog for our character(s) as to what occured with them?

Or . . .?

- E -
Old 12-05-2005, 10:09 PM   #669
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Just to offer my farewells and thanks

As Durelin says, I really don't think I'm going to be able to participate in the RPG any more. I've enjoyed it immensely, but of late I've found that I'm having a terrible writer's block that simply won't go away. I'm going to be taking a break from all RPG games, and lightly play about with my own little stories and work on getting my creativity back properly.

Thank you to all the players in the game, and to Durelin for starting it up and allowing me to play. And temporary farewells! I'll be reading along as often as I have the time.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #670
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envinyatar
It seems as if we're nearing the end of the game. How do the remaining players want to handle it?

Shall we just have us setting out for Imladris-to-be? And then perhaps each write a final epilog for our character(s) as to what occured with them?

Or . . .?

- E -
Realistically, I don't see much prospect of anyone returning who hasn't posted fairly recently (IE who hasn't at least got their char out of the city). My suggestion would be that we get the survivors a little further on to a point where it is felt safe for the Dwarves and Lorien elves to leave them (I assume they weren't planning on going all the way to the yet unknown destination .. unless they were to return home via the high pass, which seems improbable and circuitous especially if it hasn't actually been widely discovered yet....) and then go for the epilogues.

Sorry as I will be to say goodbye to some of the marvellous characters that have appeared in the telling of this tale, it is clear that the main action is now over and that there is likely to be limited appetite for too many journey posts - however a final skirmish might be fun if everyone is up for it .. a small rogue band of Orcs perhaps? Anyway..I will fit in with everyone else.. I know what happens to Losrian more or less - it is the others I am curious about. Although the fates of some I guess we will now never know.

I had hoped to make a post tonight but due to connection problems it will probably have to be a "save" now - tomorrow...and tomorrow and tomorrow..

Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #671
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Arry, could you please place this post in your Save for anyone needing to post before the first watch?

POST PLACED ~*~ Pio

“We are glad that you have been found safe, Counselor. Come, bring your people to our healers. Then you and I should speak with Elrond whom Gil-galad has sent.”

Maegisil bowed to Celeborn, though he kept it at simple respect, and made it clear that he would not bow to the Lorien Lord as if her were royalty. He had enough of lords and their titles, the formalities and the hours of idle talk and what they considered to be important and careful planning, wasting the time of the entire people they governed. The use of his own title pained him. He could hear Celebrimbor’s voice again in his head, but he shook the memories off.

“Thank you, my lord,” he muttered. Hopefully the bitterness in his voice would be taken for grief. Turning to Sairien, who he had made sure stood beside him, and whispered to her, and she led the survivors they had brought with them toward the center of the camp. He then walked with Celeborn behind them, and spoke more.

“So Gil-galad’s men did arrive?” he asked the elf-lord.

“Yes. Their many delays are obvious, the dangers and the miles were enough to hold them back for far too long, and they do grieve it. But such was the risk the Lord Celebrimbor knew he was taking when he ventured so far from Lindon.”

“I doubt that he knew it,” Maegisil said, barely separating his clenched teeth as he spoke. Celeborn eyed him, but left the topic be. That was more nonsense that would be debated over for hours in some counsel hall in Lindon. If they wished for the Counselor Maegisil’s presence at such a meeting, though, they would not receive it. Anything concerning the former Lord of Eregion that the King and his lords did not already know would remain a secret to them.

After a short silence, Celeborn spoke again, his voice even softer than before. “There is no chance that your lord lived, Counselor?”

Maegisil sighed. “Please, my lord. I am Maegisil, and I am no Counselor.” Running a hand through his hair, he licked his lips and watched the ground pass beneath his feet. “And no, my lord. I can tell you with all certainty that Celebrimbor died with his city.”

Thank you.

And as for the end, however everyone would like it, I will be preparing an Epilogue to wrap things up.

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-07-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #672
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well. . .I would like to get back to the Dwarven halls and meet Riv again, if he survived. Or if he didn't survive, I'd still like Bror to get back and hear of it. After that, I should be ready to end.

-- Folwren
Old 12-08-2005, 03:42 AM   #673
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've leaped us along a few weeks - getting us around the Hollin Ridge a bit.

It's evening - the Dwarves are discussing leaving the company in the morning and heading back to Khazad-dum.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #674
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

My SAVE is filled.

Mithalwen

I've left a hook for you if Losrian will allow overly-formal-with-the-ladies-at-times Ondomirë to walk along with her . . .

-----

Durelin

Will you go ahead and handle Elrond's response to you in your post? Or did you want me to write for Elrond? Either way is fine with me.

- E -
Old 12-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #675
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yes, I think she will ..

Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #676
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I was going to go ahead and handle it myself, unless you would rather take on the role. I don't want to place any extra work on you, but then again you might want to continue playing a bit as Elrond. Either way is fine with me. Just working out the end of Maegisil's little storyline as the game itself works to an end...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #677
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Durelin

Go ahead and write for Elrond - that way he can work into Maegisil's storyline the way he needs to.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:52 PM   #678
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If Elrond and Maegisil are in a heated debate. . .how are the Dwarves supposed make their approach? Will an elf step into the tent and say that we've got something to say, or will he just tell us that Elrond's busy and can't be disturbed?

Awaiting a reply. . .

--Folwren
Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #679
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Why don't we just have an unnamed Elf let us know that Elrond is busy at the moment and to come back later. The delegation can have the Elf pass a message onto Elrond that they would like to see him sometime this evening.

How does that sound?

-- Arry
Old 12-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #680
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Fine by me. . .but I will be unable to write that until tomorrow.

That's how it'll be, then. I won't repeat it - just read Arry's post.

-- Folwren