The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
GaRy the WHiTe

Pipe when is ttt extended edition coming out?

?
Old 08-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
Menelhachwen
Pile O'Bones

Menelhachwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

18th November, you can check it out<A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_400_hv_presell.html" TARGET=_blank> here</A> <p>[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Menelhachwen ]
Old 08-17-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

over 40 minutes of extra footage!! I can hardly wait. I have heard the Huorns are going to be part of that extra 40 min.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:35 PM   #4
Amy

Sting

what else do you think/know they'll have in those extra 40 minutes?
Old 08-17-2003, 09:09 PM   #5
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

One tiny, yet probably ignorant question here...what is Huorns?
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

To give you the short and simple answer, Huorns are like trees but they can move. The Ents keep the Huorns under control. (Shepherds of the trees). Maybe someone who is better at explaining stuff can give you a more detailed answer.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>what else do you think/know they'll have in those extra 40 minutes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I found a site that had a list of what was going to be in the extra footage. I forgot the name of the site (it's in here somewhere...) but here's what I remember reading...<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Ent-draught<BR><LI>Merry and Pippin (almost) falling asleep while listening to Treebeard talk...<BR><LI>Faramir flash-back to when he found Boromir's body (and memories of him and his brother hanging out together)<BR><LI>Theodred's funeral</UL><P>There were more, but that's all I can remember now. Try to find the link, it's somewhere on the forum....<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-18-2003, 01:33 PM   #8
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Tolkien

Eruwen - in answer to your question: Huorns are similar to Ents. Merry says in TTT: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think they are Ents that have become almost like trees, at least to look at . . . There is a great power in them, and they seem able to wrap themselves in shadow: it is difficult to see them moving. But they do. They can move very quickly, if they are angry . . . they have become queer and wild. Dangerous. I should be terrified of meeting them, if there were no true Ents about to look after them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I hope that answers your question! <BR> <BR>I am very excited to see what is in TTT Extended DVD. The Faramir-flashback thing sounds interesting. I wonder how far he will "flash back." hehe . . . I can just picture Boromir and Faramir as little kids . . . <BR> <BR>I hope they do put the Huorns in, although it might be kind of hard to properly display what they really are without messing it up . . . I guess we will just have to wait and see.<p>[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: Goldberry ]
Old 08-18-2003, 03:57 PM   #9
Rosolas
Animated Skeleton

Rosolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What I don't understand is why do they only have the widescreen version for the extended VHS video? What don't they have an extended version on normal format?<P>When the Fellowship came out I waited until November thinking a normal screen extended version would come out only to find out it was only available in widescreen! I had waited 3/4 months to find this out and ended up buying the theatre cut version that I could have bought in the August! Boy was I annoyed.
Rosolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #10
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>When the Fellowship came out I waited until November thinking a normal screen extended version would come out only to find out it was only available in widescreen! I had waited 3/4 months to find this out and ended up buying the theatre cut version that I could have bought in the August! Boy was I annoyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I had to get it in widescreen, it's not that bad! I'd rather have the widescren than no extended at all!<BR> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I had waited 3/4 months to find this out and ended up buying the theatre cut version that I could have bought in the August! Boy was I annoyed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I just went ahead & bought the threater version, & then got the extended version in November. I couldn't possibly have lived without FotR on VHS once it was out of the theaters, I think I saw it like 15,16,17 times before the extended version even came out!<p>[ August 18, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote