The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-14-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Challenge of Actors/Movies

I hope this is allowed in here, but it is Tolkein/Movie based and I apologise if it isn't BW.<P>I was sitting down at my desk today and realised just how many other popular films you can link to the LOTR trilogy through it's actors.<P>You can get.......<P>Star Wars<BR>Indiana Jones<BR>James Bond<BR>The Matrix<BR>X-Men<BR>Moulin Rouge<BR>Armageddon<BR>Deep Impact<BR>The Fifth Element<BR>The Goonies<BR>The Gift<BR>What lies beneath<P>......to name just a few<P>And through links in them for their actors I think you can get almost every film made in the last few years on there.....<P>Trainspotting<BR>Blade Runner<BR>The Haunting<BR>Seven<BR>Shawshank Redemption<BR>Meet Joe Black<BR>Mission Impossible<BR>Minority Report<BR>Interview with the Vampire......etc....<P>I've been trying to get as many on as possible to my spider chart thing so if anyone has anymore please post, or if you wonder where some came from or to correct me please post also.<BR>
Gorothlammothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 05:29 PM   #2
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Moulin Rouge?
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 05:40 PM   #3
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

Yes the guy who is to play Faramir was Audrey in Moulin Rouge, believe it or not
Old 07-14-2002, 05:41 PM   #4
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:47 PM   #5
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

I thought it hard to believe at first too but it's him.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #6
gayare'dion
Haunting Spirit

gayare'dion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i just learned today that boromir plays trevelin in golden eye, and i knew that saruman was count doku in star wars, arwen in armeggedon, sam in the goonies.....<BR> <BR>BUT INDIANNA JONES IS LIKE MY FAV. MOVIE!!!! my name is skippy in elvish on here, and i peeps at my church call me skippianna jones. hehe , but who in lotr plays in indianna jones ? i think thats so awseome!<BR> also x-men ?
Old 07-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #7
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

John Rhys Daives (Gimli) plays Sallah in ROTLA and TLC<P>Ian Mckellen (Gandalf) plays Magneto in X-Men
Old 07-14-2002, 10:03 PM   #8
Joy
Spirit of a Warrior

Joy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And of course, don't forget Sharpe - Sean Bean.<P>Patriot Games - Bean<BR>The Faculty - Wood<BR>The Good Son - Wood<BR>Rudy - Astin<P>Witness - Viggo<BR>A Perfect Murder (I think)- Viggo<BR>GI Jane - Viggo<BR>The Prophecy - Viggo<BR>28 Days - Viggo<BR>Carlito's Way - Viggo<BR>Carlito's Way - Viggo<P>The Thin Red Line - Otto(Eowny)<BR>That Thing You Do! - Tyler(Arwen)<P>Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Celeborn, Laga'aia(Ugluk) and Lee(Saurman)<P>Titanic - Hill(Theoden)<P>Xena - Fergeson (Gil-galad), Urban(Eomer), Makoare(Lurtz), Laga'aia(Ugluk), Hopkins(Gamling), Rhodes(Farmer Maggot)<P>Hercules - Urban, Sanderson(Bree Gatekeeper), Mune(A Bounder)<P>The Tommyknockers - Parker(Haldir), Bartlett(A Shire Hobbit)<P>Moby **** - Spence (Mouth of Sauron)<BR>Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls -Spence<BR>Mad Max 1 and 2 - Spence<P>Dark Knight - Rhodes<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE>These are for Brad Dourif - Grima <BR><LI>Zealot in Prophecy III: The Ascent (1999)<BR><LI>Chucky(voice) in Bride of Chucky (1998)<BR><LI>Gediman in Alien: Resurrection (1997)<BR><LI>Deputy Clinton Pell in Mississippi Burning (1988)<BR><LI>Piter De Vries in Dune (1984)<BR><LI>Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)</UL> <P>Help me out on :<BR>The Fifth Element<BR>What lies beneath<BR>Trainspotting<BR>Blade Runner<BR>The Haunting<BR>Seven<BR>Shawshank Redemption<BR>Meet Joe Black<BR>Mission Impossible<BR>Minority Report<BR>Interview with the Vampire

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 11:01 PM   #9
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

Viggo Mortensen was in Daylight, too
Old 07-14-2002, 11:19 PM   #10
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I just watched Moulin Rouge. I had no idea Faramir was in it!<P>All Quiet On the Western Front-Ian Holm<P>Flipper-Elijah<P>The Ice Storm-Elijah<P>Bandits-Cate Blanchett<P>Elizabeth-Cate Blanchett<P>Ghandi-Benard Hill <P>A Midsummer's Night Dream-Bernard Hill<P>From Hell-Ian Holm<P>A Tale of Two Cities-Christopher Lee<P>Sleepy Hollow-Christopher Lee<P>Black Beauty-Sean Bean<P>Child's Play-Brad Dourif (the voice of Chucky)<P>Try Seventeen (upcoming film)-Elijah (He gets to play the piano in this one. What a surprise!)<P>Black Hawk Down-Orlando Bloom (I'm surprised I haven't seen this one listed yet.)
Old 07-15-2002, 05:44 AM   #11
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

The Fifth Element>>>>>Ian Holm (Bilbo)<BR>What lies beneath>>>>>Miranda Otto (Eowyn)<P>As for these ones, i was merely saying that through LOTR you could get to these ones, not necessarily that they have someone from LOTR in them directly.<P>Trainspotting<BR>Blade Runner<BR>The Haunting<BR>Seven<BR>Shawshank Redemption<BR>Meet Joe Black<BR>Mission Impossible<BR>Minority Report<BR>Interview with the Vampire<P>Thanks for all your help, i'll try and find as many as i can..
Old 07-15-2002, 06:45 AM   #12
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Viggo Mortensen was in Daylight, too <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> He was? Wow, I'm totally ignorant. Who did he play?<BR>Also, I heard that Faramir is in the Crocodile Hunter movie. I forgot who he plays, though.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:30 PM   #13
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Sting

Elijah Wood has been in alot of movies:<BR>Forever Young (One of my favorites!)<BR>Flipper<BR>Back to the Future II<BR>Deep Impact<BR>The Falculty<BR>The Good Son<BR>North <BR>Radio Flyer
Old 07-15-2002, 03:08 PM   #14
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Ian McKellenhas more than can be listed. My favorite is the "Scarlet Pimpernel"<P><A HREF="http://www.mckellen.com/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Ian McKellen's Homepage</A>
Old 07-15-2002, 05:31 PM   #15
gayare'dion
Haunting Spirit

gayare'dion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i dont think elijah wood would be old enough to play in this movie, but in the movie myth, witch i havent seen in a while, but he looks like the one character, withc is either an elf or an imp. also tom cruise is the main character in that movie
Old 07-15-2002, 09:26 PM   #16
Mallornleaf

Silmaril

this is a cool thread! <BR>goodness these are a lot of movies! everyone took most of mine but there's a few I think you missed.<P>don't say a word=Bean<BR>black hawk down=bloom<P>and I know cate blanchett was in several movies that came out last year, but I can't remember what they were called. I wanna say that one of them was Catherine "something-or-other", but I don't know.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:24 AM   #17
Gayalondiel
Wight

Gayalondiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Viggo was in the remake of "Psycho" (shame really, its appalling)<P>And of course Christopher Lee has his numerous "Dracula" incarnations

~C.S.Lewis
Gayalondiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 02:11 PM   #18
Waenfalathiel
Animated Skeleton

Waenfalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Titanic - Hill(Theoden) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>can someone tell me who he played<BR>also Sean Bean was in don't say a word
Old 07-24-2002, 03:01 PM   #19
Ravenna
Haunting Spirit

Ravenna has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sean Bean - Patriot Games<BR> - When Saturday Comes<BR> - Goldeneye<BR>John Rhys-Davies - Ivanhoe<BR>Ian McKellen - X-Men.
Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 03:43 PM   #20
greyhavener
Wight

greyhavener has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Liv Tyler was in That Thing You Do and Armageddon<P>Am I crazy or isn't Elrond in The Matrix?
Old 07-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #21
Gorothlammothiel

Sting

Yes, Elrond, or Hugo Weaving was Agent Smith in the Matrix
Old 07-30-2002, 08:32 AM   #22
The Green Ringwraith
Haunting Spirit

Location: On the edge of the world I'll roam and the home of the wolf will be my home.
The Green Ringwraith has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to The Green Ringwraith Send a message via AIM to The Green Ringwraith
Sting

So THAT'S where "Agent Elrond" came from!! *goes to rent Matrix*
Old 07-30-2002, 08:53 AM   #23
Anna Licumo
Haunting Spirit

Anna Licumo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anna Licumo
Sting

Liv Tyler was also in "Inventing the Abbots". It was this weird T.V. movie I ended up watching on a trip. There was this one part where she has her hair up in a tight bun and her flannel shirt is rolled up at the sleeves... And don't forget the scarf she's wearing when she's in her convertible! Eerie... I had the weirdest feeling to yell "Arwen! No cheating on Aragorn! I'm going to tell your father if you keep this up!" So I did.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:25 AM   #24
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

anyone said Sean Bean - Sharpe (does that count okay technical it's not a movie)
Old 07-30-2002, 01:47 PM   #25
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Emni Windrunner has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ian Holm was also in <I>A Life Less Ordinary</I>, and Elijah Wood was also in the Disney movie versions of <I>Oliver Twist</I> (shudder) and <I>The Adventures of Huck Finn</I>.<p>[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Emni Windrunner ]
Old 07-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #26
pherostien
Animated Skeleton

pherostien has just left Hobbiton.
Cate was in The Shipping News. And did you know that Hugo is the voice of rex in Babe.
Old 07-30-2002, 02:21 PM   #27
Emni Windrunner
Haunting Spirit

Emni Windrunner has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He <B>IS</B>?!?!?!?!! ROTFLOL!
Old 07-30-2002, 03:12 PM   #28
Dimaldaeon
Wight

Dimaldaeon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Dimaldaeon Send a message via AIM to Dimaldaeon
Sting

Which one of the actors was in Shawshank Redemption?<BR>Is the guy who plays Faramir inn The Crocodile Hunter?

You're not drunk if you can still hold onto a blade of grass to stop yourself from falling off the face of the Earth
Dimaldaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #29
Brionna
Pile O'Bones

Brionna has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't believe that no one has added "Crimson Tide" in which Viggo Mortenson played one of the submarine sailors. He's sooo cute in it! <P>And my favorite Ian McKellan movie is "Richard III;" wow, he's good in that. <P>**P.S.: I didn't think the "Psycho" remake was that bad... it was, afterall, a shot for shot remake. It had it's moments, I thought. And what fabulous actors! But I digress, as usual!
Brionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:47 PM   #30
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> quote:<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> Viggo Mortensen was in Daylight, too <BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>He was? Wow, I'm totally ignorant. Who did he play?<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He played the rock climber who tried to climb up through one of the ventilation shafts and ended up squished when it collapsed. A small but distinguished role.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:51 PM   #31
nevfeniel

Eye

*gasp* That was <I>him</I>?!?!?!?!? I <I>never</I> would have recognized him!
Old 07-31-2002, 08:10 AM   #32
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i always think that the guy from Highlander looks like someone but i can't remember who. i used to love Highlander, especially the theme - i am immortal i have inside me blood of kings... any one else seen it? my friends think my going crazy but it used to be on sky one. <B>IT DID!</B>
Old 08-01-2002, 02:16 PM   #33
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Viggo in <I>28 Days</I>! <P><A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=ss&group=0191754&photo=8&path=gall ery&path_key=0191754" TARGET=_blank>Click here to see his picture in the movie</A><P><I>What Lies Beneath</I>...who was in that?
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 06:15 PM   #34
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dűm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Orlando Bloom was in Black Hawk Down, he is a hottie!!
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 07:22 PM   #35
Mrs. Frodo Baggins
Pile O'Bones

Mrs. Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Miranda Otto (Eowyn) was in What Lies Beneath, I think.<P>What??!!? Faramir in Moulin Rouge?<P>Liv Tyler was in One Night At McCool's, also.<P>I'm glad someone mentioned Forever Young <P>And who can forget The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?<BR>It just happens to feature Elrond...<p>[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: Mrs. Frodo Baggins ]
Old 08-05-2002, 12:14 PM   #36
QuickSlash
Wight

QuickSlash has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to QuickSlash Send a message via Yahoo to QuickSlash
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i used to love Highlander, especially the theme - i am immortal i have inside me blood of kings... any one else seen it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I still love it! I think it's a wonderful show, and wish that I could find a channel that airs it. The only thing that I didn't like was the killing of Connor in the most recent movie. I think we could've gone without it. ((At least it wasn't Duncan! ))<P>Anywho, I have nothing to add to the list, but we really shouldn't be surprised. These actors have done many films, and there are many actors in this, to boot. It makes sense that we're getting tons of movies. ^_^
Old 08-05-2002, 01:18 PM   #37
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Oh, and by the way, Elijah Wood has done voice acting in "The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbilina"
Old 08-13-2002, 01:34 PM   #38
greyhavener
Wight

greyhavener has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I liked Highlander too. I didn't know one other person who watched it, thanks for making me feel like less of a wierdo.
Old 08-13-2002, 06:45 PM   #39
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Celebmornie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Celebmornie Send a message via MSN to Celebmornie
Eye

Orlando was in a movie called 'wilde'. <BR>Dont know who he played but oh well hes in it!

Celebmornie
Celebmornie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 02:40 PM   #40
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I went to that link showing Viggo in "28 Days". I barely even recognized him!!<BR> <BR> And I do remember Elrond from "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"!! That was definitely a weird movie lol.

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote