The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #81
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok, I'm going to pull the deadline back to 8:00 PST, which is in about ten minutes, just so we don't lose any time in restarting. Hopefully we'll maintain some of our momentum that way, since everyone is just beginning to get into things.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #82
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Ok, I'm going to pull the deadline back to 8:00 PST, which is in about ten minutes, just so we don't lose any time in restarting. Hopefully we'll maintain some of our momentum that way, since everyone is just beginning to get into things.
Erm, yeah. I don't think I'll be comfortable playing if that's the case (as in if we restart). Gwath, I'll PM you.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #83
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So in a little less than 10 minutes, Night 1 begins?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #84
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Erm, yeah. I don't think I'll be comfortable playing if that's the case (as in if we restart). Gwath, I'll PM you.
Noooo Sally! The game must go on!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #85
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Noooo Sally! The game must go on!
Heh. Don't worry, someone can take my place if I decide to leave.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #86
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

K, if we restart everyone needs to slam it in to their heads that this will be a completely different game. Rules and players the same but otherwise completely different, so no one better be using anything said in this last one against anyone in this new one.

It's a different game for all intents and purposes. Treat it like a different game. Please and thank you.

I need sleep before I sound even grumpier.

Gwath, to avoid any confusion I would suggest that everyone gets a new PM, even if their role or lover has remained unchanged....and perhaps no one should remain with both being the same as this previous batch (like for example someone could have the same role, but not the same Lover). Seems only fair and less likely to cause problems.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #87
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okies..

*mental note: check admin thread before checking the game thread*

xD
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #88
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post

Gwath, to avoid any confusion I would suggest that everyone gets a new PM, even if their role or lover has remained unchanged....
Fair enough.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #89
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

K. So after discussion I'm still in. See you lot toMorrow.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #90
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
K. So after discussion I'm still in. See you lot toMorrow.
Yay for Sally playing!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #91
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ok, everybody's received another PM detailing their new role and their new PM pal.

We are starting from scratch, so anyone may or may not have the same role or PM pal as before.

Thank you everyone bearing with me. Hope this works!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #92
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Ok, everybody's received another PM detailing their new role and their new PM pal.

We are starting from scratch, so anyone may or may not have the same role or PM pal as before.

Thank you everyone bearing with me. Hope this works!
So is it Night 1 right now or Day 1...?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #93
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And is DL 8PST or 9PST?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #94
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
And is DL 8PST or 9PST?
8 PST.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #95
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, seeing as it's Night 1 all over again, I'm going to make my way to that beloved room up the stairs and head to the place where slumber awaits!! See you all on the following Day!!...Cripes! WAIT!!! PROBLEM!!! I MAY not be able to post....like, at ALL that Day due to prior commitments!! Gah!! Umm...I might be able to post like an hour before the Day ends but just know that my vote will be entirely random as I won't have time to read any of the posts from that Day (I'm referring to Wednesday btw). SORRY!! I just thought of it!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #96
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
So is it Night 1 right now or Day 1...?
Night 1.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #97
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's just so sad when you think you have a love affair and then you realise it was just being a pen-pal...

Heh, I was just getting interestd on the game and *puff* it's gone...

Well, let's show a brave face. After all, the mod is the god.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #98
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
And btw. so this time round there are no lovers, so no shared destiny, no special common interest etc., right? But everyone has a pen-pal with whom we can discuss issues according to our wishes?

I just wanted to be totally clear with it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57 AM   #99
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And btw. so this time round there are no lovers, so no shared destiny, no special common interest etc., right? But everyone has a pen-pal with whom we can discuss issues according to our wishes?

I just wanted to be totally clear with it.
Yes.

However, for narration purposes, I will continue to treat the pairs as lovers (and I am not using the term in the technical, WW sense).
Old 01-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #100
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So this time, there's not one traditional Lover pair? It's just Seer, Ranger, Hunter, Wolves?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #101
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
So this time, there's not one traditional Lover pair? It's just Seer, Ranger, Hunter, Wolves?
Correct.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #102
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

So my internet is being whacky, it's deciding randomly which websites should work or not (Facebook and e-mail are fine, but the Downs and my school's website weren't working earlier ), I've been trying on and off to get on here for the last hour or so. So it's working now but I thought I'd warn you just incase it happens again and I can't come back.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #103
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'm going to be gone during toDay's DL (can't very well pass up a Glenlivet tasting at the cigar lounge), so I am pushing it back to 10:00 PST for toDay only. After that, it will return to 8:00 PST - so, basically, the Night phase will be shortened by two hours.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #104
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Gwath, if at all possible I'd like to know the terms for the hunter. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM   #105
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hm. What exactly do you want to know?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #106
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Hm. What exactly do you want to know?
What happens in the event of a tie?

Also, is the hunter in this game (whether it's Morsul or not) a logical or illogical hunter?

I obviously can't say why I'm asking but I picked up on a couple things while reading the thread that....well, I'll explain on the game thred if you like, but yeah.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #107
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, I hate my rubbish life. Gwath, I'll send you the bill for my counseling.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #108
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

What is the difference between a logical and illogical Hunter? I'm not familiar with the terms.

In the event of a tie, I will cast lots.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #109
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
for the record the current hunter is Illogical... I still have my grimoire post at the ready
Old 01-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #110
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Should I be killed and my pick is an ordo would they go down with me?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #111
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
What is the difference between a logical and illogical Hunter? I'm not familiar with the terms.

In the event of a tie, I will cast lots.
Okay, good to know. The other question then becomes invalid....well, not as important.

Logical=takes down their target if the target is a wolf
Illogical=takes down their target, period

There's more variations that depend on Night vs. Day kill, etc, but I just wanted to know what you were thinking of.

Anyway, since I know that now, can I still vote? Please?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #112
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Okay, good to know. The other question then becomes invalid....well, not as important.

Logical=takes down their target if the target is a wolf
Illogical=takes down their target, period

There's more variations that depend on Night vs. Day kill, etc, but I just wanted to know what you were thinking of.

Anyway, since I know that now, can I still vote? Please?
Yes. Vote. It was my fault for not explaining the rules thoroughly.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #113
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

And, yes, the Hunter is illogical.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes. Vote. It was my fault for not explaining the rules thoroughly.
*glomps*

Thank youuuuu!

ETA: x'd with Gwath's last. And thanks. Good to know.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #115
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ummm...now I'm confused....did Morsul have more votes then I did at the end of the Day? I seem to recall having 2 and him and Shasta each with three.....or am I delusional?? If so, somebody point this out to me. Or something. I'm not complaining, I'm just genuinely confused.....
Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #116
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Ummm...now I'm confused....did Morsul have more votes then I did at the end of the Day? I seem to recall having 2 and him and Shasta each with three.....or am I delusional?? If so, somebody point this out to me. Or something. I'm not complaining, I'm just genuinely confused.....
The Hunter in this game was illogical, meaning if they were lynched, their pick goes down with them when they're lynched regardless of their pick's wolf, innocent or evil.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 AM   #117
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That was the coolest death scene ever, by the way.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #118
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thank Mr. Springsteen for that one. Stole it right out of the song.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #119
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thank Mr. Springsteen for that one. Stole it right out of the song.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #120
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That really was an awesome death. Too bad it had to be me on my first game back! Anyways, good luck to the rest of you! And too my lover, I bid you adieu and we shall play again soon!