The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting **RotK Soundtrack**

OK, I got it yesterday (Monday). I've only listened to it once, so I haven't formed an opinion on it yet. At the first listen, there didn't seem to be new themes as captivating as the 'Fellowship' theme from FotR, or the Rohan theme of TTT. Thankfully, both can be heard again on this one . But I know that this sorta music takes some time to get into, so I think it'll grow on me like the others did .<P>Happy listening! <P><BR>(Title edited by moderator to make it 'official')<p>[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 10:20 PM   #2
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Shield

Yesterday?! It's not supposed to be out until tomorrow. I'm picking it up along with a C.S. Lewis book at the bookstore. But I refuse to listen to it until after the movie. If you talk about it, you should tell everyone where the spoilers are.<P>Do you know the difference between the enhanced edition and the normal one? No extra tracks, I know that...
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

All that i've heard from this soundtrack is a few snips and peices (the internet might be world wide, but it is sure limited). It has Anne Lennox for all that i've seen on it, but i think the composing is great. I, myself being part of a band you listen for different things than most people. Sound, pitch, notes, time signature ect. anyway, i can only base this on a few select listenings. Personally, i think that they should of had one of laura Maklenitt(sorry if this is spelled wrong). She sounds much like enya but, not so much of a percussion. But, the compositions are wonderful.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 05:09 AM   #4
mollecon
Wight

Sting

Yes, I do think the official release date is today (Nov 25th). But the local store I got it at hadn't noticed, it seems - & I didn't tell them . Spoilers?!? A bit hard when we're talking music, ain't it? I don't plan on publishing the score... OK, I know what you mean, Knight of Gondor - but my ability to convey the music in writing is at best very limited, so I don't think the problem is that big.<P>THE Ka, you're referring to Loreena McKennitt (yeah, I also have trouble with spelling her name - had to pull a CD out to get it right ) of course. She's great, & IMO better than Enya in terms of a solo artist - though I did like Enya's contributions to the first soundtrack a lot. But Alas, McKennitt withdrew herself from the music scene a couple of years ago - it was caused by some terrible family tragedy that I cannot remember the details of .<P>Back to the present soundtrack (Spoiler!): I still havent noticed the same sort of ear catching theme(s) that one finds on the first two soundtracks. On the other hand, the mood of the music on this one is very intense, bordering desperate, through most of the first 15-16 tracks - which of course makes sense in the context.<P>I really think Annie Lennox' song will grow on people - her voice may not be as beautifull & clear as Enya's, but Lennox' shure packs some emotion in it! And she <I>does</I> have a very powerfull voice. Lyrics seems nice, too - references to Legolas' seagulls, among other things...<p>[ November 25, 2003: Message edited by: mollecon ]
Old 11-25-2003, 07:29 AM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I saw the soundtrack out on Monday. Everything has been out early here.<P>Haven't got it yet due to cash flow problems. May buy it, listen to it, then say "here, give it to me for Xmas" in my sneaky way.<P>Have heard Annie Lennox. I much prefer Enya, but Annie's song is very good. Made me cry all ten times I've heard it so far.<P>Will be interesting to hear Billy and Viggo singing.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #6
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

I am listening to the soundtrack right now and may I say Pippin/Billy's song on the soundtrack seemed chilling more than anything else though he does have a nice voice!<P>I am on Minas Morgul right now - trying to listen to the tracks in order!<P>More later!<p>[ 07:45 PM November 25, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 11-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
I am just finishing with the soundtrack and my favorite tracks are:<P>My favorite tracks are:<P>#1 A Storm is Coming<BR>#4 The White Tree of Gondor<BR>#5 The Steward of Gondor<BR>#7 The Ride of the Rohirrim<BR>#8 Twilight and Shadow<BR>#10 Anduril <BR>#13 The Fields of the Pelennor<BR>#15 The Black Gate Opens <BR>#16 The End of All Things <BR>#17 The Return of the King <BR>#18 The Grey Havens<BR>#19 Into the West<P>Oh, I hope Howard Shore wins some major awards for this beautiful, haunting, and thrilling sountrack!<P>He's got my vote if it actually counted!
Old 11-25-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The return of the king track is stunning. When it goes back to the fiddle playing section we heard at the begining of fotr I had a massive grin on my face and tears in my eyes.<P>james galway plays the penny whistle beautifully, but the show stealer beyond any doubt is Pippin's song. His voice is stunning, and the song itself, wow! It's an old Irish (or maybe scottish) style lament and sends shivers down my spine.<P>I'm just about to go listen to the last 2 tracks now, with tissues at the ready!!!!!
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 12:06 AM   #9
Eowyn:Lady of Rohan
Pile O'Bones

Eowyn:Lady of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I haven't gotten the cd yet, but I should think Howard Shore is amazing with the music. I really hope Shore gets the best music/soundtrack of the year. If there is anything of Shore's composition or conduction it's going to be good. He understands Middle Earth and the different music each place has. I love the Two Towers cd. Especially The King of the Golden Hall(track #6). I love the Norwegian fiddle. Beautiful.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:40 AM   #10
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

What's that saying that you're only a few steps away from anything? I.E. you know someone who knows someone who worked on a particular project?<P>Well, for years I've been one step away from The Stones, Van Morrison, Mark Knopfler, Sinead O'Connor etc as they have performed with an Irish Band called the Chieftans. When I was a lad I used to do Irish Dancing (before Flatley made it famous and profitable!) and peformed for the Cheiftans a couple of times.<P>Lo and behold, I get an email today from the soundtrack site and the Chieftans play on the new ROTK soundtrack.<P>I'm one step away from Lord of the Rings movies!<P>(Sorry, really sad, but there you go.........)
Old 11-26-2003, 09:25 AM   #11
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I think I've managed to listen to it about 3 times now. I love it! I still don't know how I would compare it to the other two soundtracks, though. I can't really pick a favorite of all three at this point.<P>I love the Gondor theme. I love the fact that it was touched on in FOTR and in the EE TTT, but now we hear it full force. Some of the brass parts are stunning at times! I love the epic sounding Gondor theme in "Minas Tirith" and "The White Tree."<BR>It seems as though each soundtrack has had a feature instrument. For FOTR it was mainly voice (the choir is used a lot in that one), for TTT it was the fiddle (Rohan theme), and for ROTK it is the whistle.<BR>I think that the whistle is a great addition to this soundtrack. You get the low-tones whistle in "The Steward of Gondor" and then the higher pitched whistle in "The Black Gates Opens" and "The Grey Havens" - it kind of gives these pieces a bittersweet sound.<BR>Billy's voice is stunning. I love the way that the suspenseful music starts to creep in under his voice. It's great when two different sounds can create such an effect.<P>I think that one of my favorite tracks has to be "The Black Gate Opens" - I really don't think that it is the music that is playing when the Black Gate does open... but what it sounds like to me (at parts) is music that could possibly underscore when Sam is holding Frodo in his arms atop Mt. Doom.<P>I still need to listen to it more. But, I am still a fan of "Into the West." I liked it when I heard the clip, but hearing it right after listening to "They Grey Havens" is a real tear-jerker!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 01:54 PM   #12
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>but the show stealer beyond any doubt is Pippin's song.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Definitely. It's so beautiful and haunting; and Billy has such an amazing voice too. *sigh* That really is a high point in the soundtrack, without a doubt.<P>Another bit that I really enjoyed was Shelob's Lair. It sounds so creepy and spider-ish; I could just picture the whole chase and fight!<P>If the music is any clue, we're in for an incredible show come December. <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-26-2003, 10:52 PM   #13
mollecon
Wight

Sting

Yes, I got that e-mail too, Essex. I think The Chieftains are only on those special soundtracks you buy online - they're not on the ordinary version sold in shops.<P>Just for info
Old 11-27-2003, 08:38 AM   #14
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I did wonder why they weren't mentioned in the cd stuff. I can't remember their particular names, they may be down as soloists. If they ARE on the internet only stuff, then bang goes more of my money!
Old 11-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #15
Enorëiel
Wight

Enorëiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The soundtrack is awesome! I finally got it today, after my long search (you know how hard it was to find it? And find the cover I wanted?). I haven't gotten the chance to listen to all of it, I may restrain myself until after the movie but... that remains to be seen.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Billy's voice is stunning. I love the way that the suspenseful music starts to creep in under his voice. It's great when two different sounds can create such an effect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Exactly! I loved it, it was (can i say it again?) awesome! <P>My favorite song (that I've listened to) is Into the West. I didn't care for it when I heard the clip but now I've come to love it! <P>Listening to the soundtrack has made me realize one BIG thing... I don't want it to end!!! I don't want the story to end! I don't want the movie to end! I want to see it but... can we make it go on to another movie? I realize there was only three books but still... Please?

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorëiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 06:35 PM   #16
Elizabeth Elindel
Pile O'Bones

Elizabeth Elindel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Here, here! (just one more "little" movie??) Ah well. BTW, can anyone tell me if there is any elven music (sung in elvish, I mean) on it???<BR>Elizabeth
Old 11-28-2003, 10:49 PM   #17
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> BTW, can anyone tell me if there is any elven music (sung in elvish, I mean) on it???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>The bit that Viggo sings is in Quenyan. And there is some Sindarin stuff, but it's that choral stuff that's hard to distinguish when you're listening. It's all really gorgeous though.<P>Enny, just listen to it all now. It's so cool to listen to it and think "Oh, I bet this, this, and this are happening right now!" And when we finally see the movie, we can see if we were right! And I also think there needs to be another movie; it just can't end! My life would have no further meaning!!! <P>Ah well, that's what fanfics are for, right? <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 11-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #18
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Bee-yootiful soundtrack! "The Grey Havens", "Shelob's Lair" and "Into the West" I think are my favorites.<P>I didn't care for Viggo's part in the track "Return of the King" much. His voice reminds me too much of his face.<P>About Billy Boyd's song...great, wonderful, all those adjectives...but a funny thing, I know a guy who looks <I>remarkably</I> like him. He's also a singer, and though he doesn't have an accent, he sounds <I>exactly</I> like Meester Boyd. Hmm...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:21 AM   #19
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I love this music!!!!!!!!!!!!!<P>I learned from Newsweek what the opening scene in RotK is (pm me if you want to know) and I think the music on the first track suits it. I noticed it also has some of the music we heard when the Hobbits are running away from Farmer Maggot.<P>I think Billy's voice is wonderful! I can't wait to see that song on the big screen. I just imagine Gandalf and Denethor bursting into tears when they hear it. (ya right )<P>I think this is what Billy is saying:<P>Home is behind<BR>The world ahead<BR>And there are many<BR>Paths to tread.<BR>Through shadow<BR>To the edge of night.<BR>Until the stars<BR>Are all alight.<BR>Mist and shadow<BR>Cloud and shade<BR>All shall fade<BR>All shall fade.<BR>(correct me if I'm wrong)<P>I also liked Viggo's song. When I listen to it it sounds like right after he sings it the music after it is Arwen apearing!!<P>I love that at the end of the RotK track they go back to the old hobbit music. It brought tears to my eyes.<P>BEAUTIFUL JOB HOWARD SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:57 AM   #20
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Home is behind, the world ahead,<BR> And there are many paths to tread<BR> Through shadows to the edge of night,<BR> Until the stars are all alight.<BR> Then world behind and home ahead,<BR> We'll wander back to home and bed.<BR> Mist and twilight, cloud and shade,<BR> Away shall fade! Away shall fade!<BR> Fire and lamp, and meat and bread,<BR> And then to bed! And then to bed! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was reading the new total film mag and Billy stated he arranged the song (words AND music) himself. The lyrics were taken from the song (above) that the hobbits sing on their way out of the shire, in between hiding from the two (or same?) Black Rider.<P>It's amazing what you can do with a change of tempo and tune. the bbc radio adaptation has a jolly feel to it, and pippin's is all doom and gloom. Marvelous!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:40 AM   #21
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Was it just me, or did there seem to be the same themes but played with different instruments? I seemed to recognize the Rohan theme (don't ask me which song because I've only listened to the soundtrack once and don't remember real well) and it was played with flutes or something...the Shire theme seemed sadder as well...

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:08 PM   #22
mollecon
Wight

Sting

James Galway is playing flute on much of the soundtrack, panpipe (syrinx) on at least some of the tracks. The Rohan theme is on "The Ride of the Rohirrim" - but many themes from the previous movies & soundtracks are heard again in various places. This has to do with the technique of using 'leitmotifs' (=leading themes) that Shore adapted for the music of these movies. As he said himself, it was his chance of writing an opera The leitmotif idea means that certain musical themes are connected to places or people (or groups of people - like the Fellowship-theme for example). That's also one of the reasons why the movies, music & the soundtracks works great as a unity.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:37 PM   #23
Enorëiel
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Was it just me, or did there seem to be the same themes but played with different instruments? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I noticed that a lot (and loved it! Maybe I'm an idiot but I love how they use some of the same themes over and over again ). But I also noticed some new themes (of course). Me (being the person I am) didn't realize the music from the trailer was on the soundtrack. I kept thinking - 'I like this! It sounds familiar... where have i heard it before?' It finally occured to me a couple tracks in (yes I've listened to the whole thing, I couldn't resist the temptation) that it was from the trailer. You know... if I used my brain once in a while it might prove helpful .<P>Thanks for the words to Billy's song! I couldn't figure out the first word , I kept thinking he was saying lonliness, yeah.. don't ask. At least now I know! I can now sing it without fault

Old 12-02-2003, 09:54 PM   #24
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Maybe I'm an idiot but I love how they use some of the same themes over and over again<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I love it too! In particular I love the Shire theme, and the theme of the Ring. One thing I'm really sad about, actually, is the disappearance of the Ringwraith theme after the first soundtrack! I loved that theme! <P>I really love the Gondor theme as well; in the track "Minas Tirith" it really blew me away, there at the end. It's a really gorgeous bit of music.<P>I did look up the poem that Billy took his song from; and I have to admit, I didn't even notice the connexion until someone here pointed it out! Billy's voice is so amazing, he really did an incredible job on that song. One thing that really makes it resonate (to me anyway) is that it's this really haunting, mellow song, and then just a few seconds after he finishes, you get dropped into Minas Morgul, and it's just such a jarring change. It really makes you think, "Whoa that song was so beautiful, why did they have to dump me here now?"<P> j/k. I love the Minas Morgul track too. It's just the change is so abupt; it makes the last bit just stand out more.<P>Oh, and Enny, good for you for listening to the whole thing! It's awesome, isn't it?<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-03-2003, 03:42 PM   #25
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I was wondering what cover everyone chose and what is on the other side of the card.<P>I got the Gollum one. On the other side is Andy Serkis as Smeogol.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:51 PM   #26
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I got Pippin and Merry with Gimli on the back. Meh. Bad pic of Gimli...

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:54 PM   #27
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

I got the pic of Aragorn, with Legolas on the back.<P>But there was one of Merry and Pippin?!?! And I didn't get it?!?! WAAAAAAAA!<P>*sniffle* Oh well; the music is still the same. *smiles weakly*<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-05-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
Enorëiel
Wight

Sting

I got the one of Sam holding Frodo with Gandalf on the back. It took me forever to find it!!! <P>I think I'm already wearing the CD out, at least Into the West. It will no longer play in my van's cd player. I've listened to it a lot but not THAT much... it all a conspiracy; I know it....

Old 12-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #29
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

When I first listened to it, I was quite disappointed. Now I wonder why. I think at first it was hard for me to like it because it was so different. At least, I think it was. I really had it out for Annie Lennox, though I have come to love that song just as much as "May it Be" and "Gollum's Song," and I'm singing along to it, as scary as it may be. <P>Still, I'm not sure <I>how</I> it's so different. It just seems so, to me. It contains many of the themes from before, but I think the mood of even those themes is just...different. I guess this movie will be very different, as it is the end, but...it's still hard for me to accept. Maybe it's just because it <I>is</I> the end. <P>Sad, ain't it? But kinda great, too! <P>EDIT: Oh yeah, I got Merry and Pippin/Gimli, too. I just grabbed the only one at Wal-mart, as I am cheap and so are they! Under $15!<p>[ 5:23 PM December 05, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 10:00 PM   #30
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Still, I'm not sure how it's so different. It just seems so, to me. It contains many of the themes from before, but I think the mood of even those themes is just...different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Exactly. I don't know why, maybe because it is the end, but this soundtrack and theme just seem far different than the previous two. I'm not sure how to describe it...<P>Okay, I need to know: Does anyone else think that Viggo's voice sounds really naselly? Like he's singing in his nose, you know?<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-05-2003, 10:47 PM   #31
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Okay, I need to know: Does anyone else think that Viggo's voice sounds really naselly? Like he's singing in his nose, you know? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, a bit, but I like it, it's different... Ok so I'm a Viggo nut, so sue me.. *gapes at and drools on her copy of Newsweek* <P>I got the one w/ Denethor on the front and Faramir on the back...<BR>I like it but I didn't get to choose because that was the only one they had. I would have liked Sam and Frodo or Aragorn.
Old 12-06-2003, 04:13 AM   #32
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I got the one w/ Denethor on the front and Faramir on the back... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>!!!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:03 PM   #33
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> !!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey, I got the card with Faramir on the front and Denethor on the back. <P>I think this soundtrack is the most powerful of the three. FotR track was adventurous, TTT was sad but then hopeful, and RotK is very bittersweet. Plus the fact, especially toward the end, I got a very definite sense of 'end'. This is the 'end', with no more coming. This sense almost made me cry, or at least put me in a solemn mood.<BR>Yes, a magnificent soundtrack. I think, as a said before, 'Smoke and Ash' is my favorite. Does anyone know for what part of the movie this track is for? My guess is when Sam is looking for Frodo in the tower, or when the three are on PotD. I'm also curious how they'll fit the Coronation song, thing in the the movie.<BR>See you later! <BR>~M
Old 12-06-2003, 05:39 PM   #34
mollecon
Wight

Sting

Enorëiel, check your CD for grease stains & the like - it's the most common cause when CD's refuse to play. Usually it's enough to use a bit of dishwashing cleaner to get it off. Just be sure to clean from center to radius, or vice versa - no circular movements on a CD! And of course, use clean cloth (I actually just use my clean(!) fingers with a bit of dishwasher to get it off, then water to rinse, & then clean chloth) In more hard cases you can use alcohol to clean - just always remember any cleaning & rinsening should be done from center & out...
Old 12-07-2003, 12:38 AM   #35
Legolas
A Northern Soul

Legolas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<A HREF="http://www.barrowdowns.com/rotks-review.asp" TARGET=_blank>Barrow-Downs soundtrack review</A>
Old 12-07-2003, 10:40 AM   #36
Cinderella
Wight

Cinderella has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cinderella
Silmaril

Haha Meela I'd be willing to trade if you had one that I wanted!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #37
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Sting

If you want to get your CD really clean, put toothpaste in the spots where they're scratches and stuff, run cold water on it and wait until all the toothpaste is gone. Get a tissue and dry it. It should work good as new!! As the twin 1 said in the Matrix Reloaded: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Good as New <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:51 PM   #38
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>'Smoke and Ash' is my favorite. Does anyone know for what part of the movie this track is for?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It seemed to me that this would be when Frodo and Sam were making their way across Mordor. I see the "Cirith Ungol" track more as the one for the Tower, as well as the approach to Shelob's Lair.<P>*sigh* Only nine days left! Then we'll know for certain, right? <P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 12-08-2003, 03:31 PM   #39
mollecon
Wight

Sting

Yes Perky, that can work nicely as well. I wouldn't, however, do it untill I tried the simple cleaning as suggested by me first.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:45 AM   #40
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I've heard the soundtrack. Billy's song is very haunting. And I still cry every time I listen to Into the West.