The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #761
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Not at all, mormy. I'm supporting Belladonna because is a seriously cool Hobbity person, irrespective of gender. And she's one of only two hobbits left in a show called Hobbit survivor.
But I suspect you and Rune are just voting Bella off because she's a girl. (You were both anti-Eowyn, too. I haven't forgotten.)
Need I remind you that this is based on the book not hobbits. Sauron was booted in "Lord of the Rings" survivor. He is the Lord of the Rings and yet didn't win his own survivor game.

I have no problem with females, in fact there are 3 of them in my house and I'm the only male. Now I don't see what's so great about Belladona. Really her main problem is her association with Bilbo.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #762
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
That night at tribal council, the debating was mostly for getting rid of Tom or Belladonna(again). Yet the arguments against Tom won the uperhand. "He's still eating contestants!!" cried Roac. The voting at tribal council:

Tom - 8
Belladonna - 7

Angrily, Tom arose and walked all the way up to the top of the volcano (which was completely forgotten about until then) and jumped in, ending his misery. However, William's grief was even furthered with the second loss of his kin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contestants voted out:
Bofur
Ori
Durin (The first King Under the Mountain)
Nori
Fundin
Gandalf
Nain (father of Dain)
Bungo Bagins
Chief of Guards
Thorin
Bilbo
Golfimbul
Carc
Gollum
The Master
Dwalin
Bifur
Great Goblin
Bard
Azog
Oin
Dain
Necromancer
Old Took
Bert
Galion (Elvenking's Butler)
Girion
Thror (grandsire of Thorin)
Bolg
Elvenking
Thrain (father of Thorin)
Beorn
Dori
Balin
Kili
Tom

The remaining contestants:

The Tribe of Elevensies
Bombur
Fili
Gloin
Chief Warg
Smaug
William
Elrond
Eagle Lord
Roac
Belladonna Took
Bullroarer (Bilbo's great ancestor)

Day 32 starts. Now to go write the final death in WWJ!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #763
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Belladona Took

Lest we forget and she wins.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:41 PM   #764
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
It's a new day... enough trading self-styled insults with a pretentious Dwarf...

Although, for the record, I am aware that Imperial is considered to be a higher term than Royal, but I deliberately chose to use Royal because:

A. I like it better.

B. It's more correctly Gondorian.

C. Imperial is a term that references Empire- and thus relates to people who rule Empires. It has nothing to do with the nobility of birth, whereas Royal is derived from the French "Roi"- or King, and is thus directly connected to the nobility of one's station.

(And, for those who have nothing better to do than listen to me chatter, there is a bit of a family legend on my Mom's Mom's Dad's side of the family that we are descended from a Prince Michael. Thus, I have some very slight, nefariously pretentious claim to real royalty. Those with proper pedigrees need not apply. )

Once more into the breach, eh my dear Morm?

++ Belladonna "The Evil" Took
Old 02-02-2006, 01:12 AM   #765
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Leaving aside the megalomania...

...all the Belladonna fuss has made people forget about a far less stylish and more tedious Hobbit, one who invented one of the most irritating games in existence...

++THE BULLROARER
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 AM   #766
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Leaving aside the megalomania...

...all the Belladonna fuss has made people forget about a far less stylish and more tedious Hobbit, one who invented one of the most irritating games in existence...

++THE BULLROARER
Tell you what, Ang...

I'll help you kill off the Bullroarer- or any candidate of your choice- if we can have your assistance in massacring Belladonna.

Take it or leave it, but that's not an offer you'll be getting from me very often!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 AM   #767
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

A Talking Sword of the Elder Days does not deal with mere kings.

Now Queens...that's another story...
Old 02-02-2006, 04:02 AM   #768
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok, Ang, I'm in. 'Tis a silly game.*
++BULLROARER

*Golf, that is, not Hobbit Survivor, of course...
Old 02-02-2006, 07:09 AM   #769
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dűm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++belladona took
Old 02-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #770
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

With Bombur still on the Island, rations are running at a dangerously low level. A tasty dish of roast raven would go down well.

++ROAC

Besides, he contributes little to the camp or to the show. He seems far more interested in cawing repetetively and in purloining and coveting small, shiny things than in doing anything constructive.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #771
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

++ ROAC

As a scientific experiment to see what it is like to be on the same side as The Saucepan Man.

However, I will probably be open to suggestions if Belladonna Borgia is gravely threatened.

I am a little puzzled by the sudden push against Cesare Bullroarer when the arch-thief Smaug himself remains utterly undisturbed. (He may be the secret dark-dragon candidate of somebody or something like that.)
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #772
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Not at all, mormy. I'm supporting Belladonna because is a seriously cool Hobbity person, irrespective of gender. And she's one of only two hobbits left in a show called Hobbit survivor.
But I suspect you and Rune are just voting Bella off because she's a girl. (You were both anti-Eowyn, too. I haven't forgotten.)
And now you are voting off, or attempting to, the other only hobbit left on this 'Hobbit Survivor'. This doesn't make sense.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #773
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I will probably be open to suggestions if Belladonna Borgia is gravely threatened

I also, your sublime magnificence.

I would incidentally like to avail myself of the opportunity absolve the lovely Lucrezia Borgia of the terrible and very unfair slurs that popular historical propaganda has tainted her with. You know how poor old Canute has been so wrongly painted as the proverbial foolish king who thought he ruled over the sea, when in fact he was a wise man trying to show his obsequious subjects that his powers were limited? Well, his historical libelling is but a picnic in the park compared to that endured by Lucrezia, the so-called "femme fatale poisoner".
The real Lucrezia was an exceptionally beautiful and sweet-natured woman, who was in her youth used as a pawn in the political games of her insanely murderous birth-family. However, she never willingly participated in any of their wicked activities, and by the time of her third marriage, she was of an age and maturity to get away from their black influence, and show her true colours.
As Duchess of Ferrara, she was greatly loved by her subjects, ruling wisely and well, and assembled an elegant and cultured court around her. She was known, in fact, as "the Good Duchess." An astonishing achievement for a girl brought up in the most appallingly depraved surroundings.

A parallel with the Tooks and Bagginses could be drawn here. Or it could not. You decide.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #774
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Tut tut, Lalaith! You've been reading too much Sarah Bradford, I deem...now, I like to keep Lucrezia as the Machiavellian survivor, femme fatale and patroness of the arts...

And then there was the "Roman Infant" business...all very murky, but it seems most likely she had Cesare's son. Particularly as he murdered her beloved second husband in a fit of jealous rage.

Why do Survivor debates lead inexorably to me discussing incest?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #775
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
As a scientific experiment to see what it is like to be on the same side as The Saucepan Man.
You know it makes sense.

Quote:
However, I will probably be open to suggestions if Belladonna Borgia is gravely threatened.
In that case, I hereby declare Roac the Save Belladonna Took vote.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:38 AM   #776
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Who's Sarah Bradford? I read some book about the Borgias years ago but I'm sure I've never heard of her...you may keep any picture of Lucrezia in your mind that pleases you but one thing is certain, she was certainly a true survivor. Cesare was of course barking mad (his death was hilarious, leading a one-man charge on a fortified city) and what he subjected her to in her youth is anybody's guess.

Morm, as to your point, a. I'm voting tactically and b. I don't like golf. And as I've already said, I'm keeping options wide open today....
Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #777
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Sorry, shot in the dark. She published a biography of a "good duchess"-style Lucrezia a couple of years ago.

Actually, I'm a fan of Cesare, though his murder of Alfonso D'Aragona takes some forgiving. However flawed he was, he was a kind of genius, as Niccolo recognised. I love the image of him pursuing deer with packs of trained leopards, a veil over his face to hide the growing signs of syphilis. So enigmatic, almost beautiful. A sort of Maeglin figure on a Tolkien level I suppose...
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #778
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

It's fantasies like this that led us to the WWXIII debacle, my dear...
Old 02-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #779
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Hmm. What wine goes with roast raven?
Well, perhaps one should consult
http://www.ravensdale-wines.co.uk/

+ + Roac
Old 02-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #780
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ok, so that is the way the wind is blowing, and the crow is cawing.

--Bullroarer
++ROAC

Ang, we can sort out the old golfing bore another time.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #781
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I don't object to Roac going, but I'm not changing my vote. Bullroarer must remain an option...
Old 02-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #782
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Roast an innocent raven? No way!
++Belladonna Took There's much more in her to eat.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #783
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Thinlomien, really. If it's body mass you dislike, why not go for Bullroarer?
(or William, or Bombur, for that matter)
Besides which, we are playing Survivor, not Cannibal Holocaust. This is a decent programme intended for family viewing. Evicted contestants are given a dignified exit back to civilisation, not a one-way ticket to the spit...or are you trying to warn us of something we don't know?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM   #784
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I hereby declare Roac the Save Belladonna Took vote.
++ROAC
Old 02-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #785
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Thinlomien, really. If it's body mass you dislike, why not go for Bullroarer?
(or William, or Bombur, for that matter)
Besides which, we are playing Survivor, not Cannibal Holocaust. This is a decent programme intended for family viewing. Evicted contestants are given a dignified exit back to civilisation, not a one-way ticket to the spit...or are you trying to warn us of something we don't know?
And what about your sig, Lalaith? Who is the cannibal here?
Besides, I got the picture that Belladonna is the only one who can gather as many votes as Roac has.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #786
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*acts innocent*
why, that's a quote from Tolkien's favourite fairy tale...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #787
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Isn't cannibalism about eating humans? Or is it about eating your own race? Either way, if I ate Belladonna, I wouldn't be a cannibal. (Well, I'm lucky I'm not there on the island...)
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #788
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

(sorry for the shameless double-posting)

My feminist instinct took over
--Belladonna
++Bullroarer
Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #789
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

What is it with this game? Incest, cannibalism....someone slap an 18 rating on this thread, quick....

edit: good girl, Thinlomien!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #790
mormegil
Maundering Mage

See it makes no sense! You are only trying to save her because she is female. What did she do that is worthy of winning this. How does she provide humor or character to the pool of survivors left?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #791
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

She's as useful as Bullroarer and they're both having approximately the same amount of votes and I see no difference which one will I vote, and I vote the male off because the island needs women to be around. Men get crazy if there's no women trying to stop them. (Or, they get crazy when they see a woman, but that damage is already done...)
Old 02-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #792
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Morm.... we seem to fighting a losing battle...

Since we can't seem to be RID of Belladonna, any ideas on who we should advocate to WIN the game?

With my membership in the Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Society, I'm naturally thinking that the Chief Warg should get the title, but I'm open to alternative suggestions...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #793
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm suppressing all knowledge of my preferred winner till the day comes...and then...ha ha ha...
Old 02-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #794
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
But you, Celuien, noble froglady? Well, I'm more sad than shocked.
Far be it from me to bring sadness to you. However, I will unfortunately have to stand by my vote.

++BELLADONNA TOOK

I am not revealing my preferred candidate for the win.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #795
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Could I convince anyone that my prefered is Belladona and that I'm attempting a major double bluff here?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #796
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Could I convince anyone that my prefered is Belladona and that I'm attempting a major double bluff here?
If you are, it's worked so far, you fiendish monkey, you!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #797
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Hmm...if I go too far here I might cause H.A.G. to implode...

...so I'll just say...

Quote:
What did she do that is worthy of winning this. How does she provide humor or character to the pool of survivors left?
I may still have some “evidence” left over from the failed trial against her if you would care to examine it. Go re-read the thread if you want to know what I am talking about.

Quote:
I'm suppressing all knowledge of my preferred winner till the day comes...and then...ha ha ha...
I’m personally guessing Smaug. Just a guess though.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:46 PM   #798
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Day 32 passed and once again, Belladonna was under a lot of pressure. However, most people were getting hungry and decided that it would be best to vote out Roac in order to eat him, just as they did with his father. The tallied votes at tribal council were like so:

Belladonna - 4
Bullroarer - 2
Roac - 5

So, they tied him up and cooked him over the fire. He turned out to be much more delcious than his father.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contestants voted out:
Bofur
Ori
Durin (The first King Under the Mountain)
Nori
Fundin
Gandalf
Nain (father of Dain)
Bungo Bagins
Chief of Guards
Thorin
Bilbo
Golfimbul
Carc
Gollum
The Master
Dwalin
Bifur
Great Goblin
Bard
Azog
Oin
Dain
Necromancer
Old Took
Bert
Galion (Elvenking's Butler)
Girion
Thror (grandsire of Thorin)
Bolg
Elvenking
Thrain (father of Thorin)
Beorn
Dori
Balin
Kili
Tom
Roac

The remaining contestants:

The Tribe of Elevensies
Bombur
Fili
Gloin
Chief Warg
Smaug
William
Elrond
Eagle Lord
Belladonna Took
Bullroarer (Bilbo's great ancestor)

Day 33 starts. Get voting people. There's only ten contestants left.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:24 AM   #799
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Hmm, it's time to start ( ) voting tactically.

++ CHIEF WARG

My guess is that he has a fair bit of support. So, if you would prefer an alternative candidate to win, it would make sense to eliminate him at this stage.

Plus he keeps threatening to eat the other contestants.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #800
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dűm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
First of All, the Chief Warg is just trying to keep order in the camp by threatening to eat those who arecausing disorder, he never would go through with his threats unless someone were to continue trying to disturb the order. He knows, as does everyone, deep down, that order is better than chaos, even in ratings in Middle Earth. He is the greatest person on the island and the most deserving of the prize of ultimate survivor. But as for an alternate candidate, let us consider our options, obviously if we vote for Belladonna again, the leader of the warg will suffer for it, so let's vote out another threat to victory,
++Gwaihir, the lord of eagles
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote