The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #441
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
No, but Nienna and Eonwe was the people I thought was our remaining wraiths.

Shasta is complicated. . .
Well, if it's not you, and if you accept Lhuna and Nienna's reveals...
Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #442
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I know. . . I know. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #443
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Wonderful, thank you Nienna!

So out of the last three I'm most sure of Eonwe being guilty.

Then out of Rune and Shasta I'm leaning towards Shasta, but that can be left for discussion tomorrow. Unless the majority votes Rune.

Ok, well I'll be around on and off for the next hour and a half or so, I think I'll hold off my vote for now.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #444
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
++Eönwë

(I will be here for 10 more min.)

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #445
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Has Eönwë posted Today, after Lhuna's revealment?
No, I haven't. But since everyone else no-one has tried to counter-claim, then I suppose it means that Lhuna is the ranger, unless we have a really quiet ranger who doesn't yet want to be revealed. I would guess that the real ranger would have come out by now if Lhuna had been faking. So yes. Now it is everyone.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #446
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
We seem to be agreeing all of us once more... That doesn't exactly help us as theremaining wolf / wolves can easily follow that. If we had competition they would have to choose sides - one of thembeing under pressure.

That would be better.

(Back in and about - now some more re-reading or discussing if anyone's around)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #447
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Oh really? Just because most people came to the logical and obvious conclusion that whatever Sally was up to, she had to be guilty?
No.
People suspected Sally from the beginning. Then people attack Shasta. Yes, he did defend Sally a bit but only because no-one even considered that she could be innocent. I think he was making a point more than defending her. But that's not all I'm talking about. On a smaller scale there were all sorts of things that seemed to just suddenly spring out of nowhere and suddenly have everyone agree. Including the Lhuna thing where people suspected her and unsuspected her together (I'm going to need to reread and get some quotes, but that's how it felt when I came in)

Also, this uniformity is the same toDay. I know that the reveals seem like they make sense but no-one has even questioned them. This is partly what I mean about following. Where's the independence? Everyone just seems to trust anyone that "reveals". What if the real gifteds want to remain silent. What if one of Nogrod's "chosen ones" or me or Rune is a gifted and just doesn't want to reveal at such a risky time?

edit: x-ed
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #448
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Also

Quote:
Anyway, village, unless something goes very badly wrong, we'll either get a wraith toNight or know the last two toMorrow.
Why toNight? Surely you mean toDay?

PS. Will be back in around 20 minutes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #449
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
If I got it right the votes thus far are (known innocents bolded):

Brinn -> Eönwë
Lhuna -> Rune
Nerwen -> Eönwë 2
Rune -> Eönwë 3

Now Rune's vote is more than understandable given the situation but as it has been mainly known innocents voting I'd appreciate you others would come up with other cases as well as to see how the remaining wolf/wolves would react in a more competitive situation.

Also let's see if Nienna will face some competition...

Anyway, Eönwë has been argued for, Shasta has been for and against; then how about Rune?
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #450
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
On Shasta:

Day One:
  • Votes Nog I think because of picking fights – first vote for Nog (42)

Day Two: Didn't vote or post

Day Three: Didn't vote or post

Day Four:
  • Thinks Sally’s probably a bored ordo and that Lhuna is definitely a wolf (311)
  • Analyzes Lhuna, wonders why Nog’s going to vote Sally who is only a possible wolf when Lhuna is a probable wolf (320)
  • Gives 3 scenarios all detailing why Lhuna is probably a wolf: Sally’s the seer, Sally ’s an ordo lying to protect Nog so probably has good reason for throwing Lhuna under the bus, and Sally as a wraith who is trying to protect Lhuna (321)
  • Defends his three scenarios and says that Lhuna is the more probable wolf (322)
  • Doesn’t understand why Nog suspects him as he hasn’t posted much, only presents an alternate story to Nog about Sally (327)
  • Doesn’t think that Nog makes any sense in not suspecting Lhuna (329)
  • Still thinks Sally could be an ordo trying to protect the seer (331)
  • Gives one more scenario which is that a Sally–Wraith is trying to get a Lhuna–Ranger killed (335)
  • Says not desperate to save Sally but to put alternate theories on the table (337)
  • Doesn’t like how people were just assuming that Sally was guilty, irritated that Sally isn’t defending herself after he’s stuck his neck out for her (342)
  • Because of Sally’s lack of defense he is starting to go with the majority (345)
  • Didn’t vote

Day Five:
  • Thinks he might have been better off being mod-killed (391)
  • Thinks he deserves to be lynched (394)
  • Thinks the last wraiths are Nienna and Rune (409)

This isn't looking very good for Shasta having only voted once and that for our Seer. He was also very vocal all Day Four and yet failed to vote. He actively tries to get Lhuna killed for a good portion of yesterDay. He is being really defensive and there is also the chance that he is just an unfortunate innocent who is just trying to help the village win. He said he was willing to be lynched because then we will at least know the other wolves.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #451
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
What if the real gifteds want to remain silent. What if one of Nogrod's "chosen ones" or me or Rune is a gifted and just doesn't want to reveal at such a risky time?
This "risky time" was the whole point of Lhuna and Nienna revealing. We've narrowed the lynch list down to three, and since I know (even if no one else does) that I am innocent, that leaves Rune and Eonwe. Now it's just a matter of which one goes first. Eonwe has more votes, so...

++Eonwe
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #452
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

There is a time and place for everything dear Eönwë.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Also, this uniformity is the same toDay. I know that the reveals seem like they make sense but no-one has even questioned them. This is partly what I mean about following. Where's the independence? Everyone just seems to trust anyone that "reveals". What if the real gifteds want to remain silent. What if one of Nogrod's "chosen ones" or me or Rune is a gifted and just doesn't want to reveal at such a risky time?
Funny how Legate also called for independent thinking before he went down...

But anyway. There are probable scenarios, believable scenarios, possible scenarios, problematic scenarios, mad scenarios and downright impossible ones.

If you think that this common consesus that exists is just a great plot you should show us the plot and how the details would fit in to explain things from D1 to this moment better than the one we seem to most of us believe is the case.

Then I would be ready to hear your mur-mur and consider looking at the things a new - although I will not think again what I know, eg. that Wilwa, Nerwen and Brinn are ordos & I'm the seer. Those are things I have learned from Lommy and could not believe she would have fooled me.

But can you come up with even one reasonable explanation why the real ranger - or hunter to that matter - would like to remain silent at this kind of a moment when we are so near winning the whole game?

If you're the hunter it would be your duty almost to reveal now. Then we could lynch you and you could then take the lying Nienna with you. And we would cheer you as our champion toMorrow as it would be revealed to us when you heroaically die.

And if you're the ranger you might as well reveal as you can't protect me the next Night anyway and if Lhuna is lying the village needs to know it (if you leave your reveal too late it may become 50-50 vote in a decising situation where people may choose wrong as it's a flip of coin in the worst instance).

So if you can come up with a plausible theory I will listen to it in earnest. But before that I'm going to take Lhuna's and Nienna's revelations as believable enough to guide my actions toDay.

And must say your last post did raise my suspicions on you quite a lot...

EDIT: X'd with Nienna & Shasta
Old 05-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #453
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, well I will vote now, I need to get some work done:

++Eonwe

Even if he isn't then we know who the other two are. Quite wonderful really. We had 4 wolves to start , and it took us a few days to get a wraith, but we're still doing quite well.

x'posted with Nog
Old 05-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #454
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh, and adding to the earlier one: If you Eönwë are the seer - or anyone - you really should come clear right now. The ranger defended me the last Night so s/he might help you the next one (and you should have some new knowledge to turn the tables with five dreams of which at least a few should be alive) as with this small numbers the chances you'll be killed on the next Night are pretty high indeed! You'd do with the protection, right, unless you're a wolf who doesn't need it?

So how do I not see anyone of you three coming forwards? (Facing death is always the easiest situation to speak openly)
Old 05-11-2009, 01:36 PM   #455
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
If you think that this common consesus that exists is just a great plot you should show us the plot and how the details would fit in to explain things from D1 to this moment better than the one we seem to most of us believe is the case.
I'm not saying that everything is just a plot. I'm saying that the Lhuna and Nienna reveals have been taken for granted.

But you want a plot, here's an idea...

How come you're still alive? You revealed a while ago and you're still alive after something like 3 Days? Let me ask something. Why haven't the wolves killed you? Legate could have just been a sacrifice to cement your seerishness, allowing you to take charge of the village. Every day you claim a new person to be innocent, yet even in Day 1 you vote Sally yet claim that you haven't dreamt her? And obviously, being a wolf, you would know exactly who was innocent and who was guilty so everyone you cleared would believe you and support you. You could even throw one of your fellow packmates into it, to keep them safe. I'm sure they wouldn't object to it either. Also, I'm sure the real seer could be quietly working away, and not need to reveal, and if they did (they wouldn't need to toDay because its obvious the wolves are voting you toNight and if they don't they're you're probably one. And an extra Night is always useful. And if they're one of the ones you cast suspicion on, then you may actually be the one to keep them alive another day- wanting not to waste a kill but to get them lynched.) you could overrule it, after gaining the support of over half of the village. And then you're on the unstoppable march to victory, with the innocents and maybe even gifteds backing you.

Happy now?

Quote:
But can you come up with even one reasonable explanation why the real ranger - or hunter to that matter - would like to remain silent at this kind of a moment when we are so near winning the whole game?
The ranger wouldn't have any need to come out unless threatened. And who would believe them? (Well, actually, this village would). And what of tactics? People have all sorts of strange plans.

And I'm not saying that no-one came out.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #456
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++ Eonwe
Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #457
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Of Shasta and Rune I think Shasta looks more bad but Rune feels fouler.

I've been arguing about Shasta enough I think so just a few short ones on Rune topping what you others have said this far.

For you to consider toMorrow.

Especially the early comment like this make me feel bad about Rune:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Legate seemed resonable, but then there is small inconsistensies. . .
Added with his gentle () but consistent suspicion of me whatever happened (untill I was relly believed to be the seer) it makes him look a bit suspicious. Careful but suspicious just because of that.

Also when he voted for Legate - after my revealment of course - he said as his only reason for voting:
Quote:
I never liked him anyway. . .
Now even taking Rune's manner of being grumpy that is a bit too much for someone with whom he plays on the other side of...

From the beginning I thought he was too defencive, even if he countered that by saying that he always wishes to answer things said of him. It let me feel a bit strange with him.

Added with his interesting martyrdom toDay being at a "costly" internet-cafe saying (bolding mine):
Quote:
and btw I have half an hour left here at the cafe. . .I really do not want to spend more money here, but it seems that I have to.
I have not seen Rune taken such an effort for this game ever before. So he must have something going on there?

Funny he should have been the first to suggest that Lommy had "chosen" people she knew better to have roles (eg. me and Legate). Now if he turns out a wraith, then... *ditto*
Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #458
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
But you want a plot, here's an idea...

How come you're still alive? You revealed a while ago and you're still alive after something like 3 Days? Let me ask something. Why haven't the wolves killed you? Legate could have just been a sacrifice to cement your seerishness, allowing you to take charge of the village. Every day you claim a new person to be innocent, yet even in Day 1 you vote Sally yet claim that you haven't dreamt her? And obviously, being a wolf, you would know exactly who was innocent and who was guilty so everyone you cleared would believe you and support you. You could even throw one of your fellow packmates into it, to keep them safe. I'm sure they wouldn't object to it either. Also, I'm sure the real seer could be quietly working away, and not need to reveal, and if they did (they wouldn't need to toDay because its obvious the wolves are voting you toNight and if they don't they're you're probably one. And an extra Night is always useful. And if they're one of the ones you cast suspicion on, then you may actually be the one to keep them alive another day- wanting not to waste a kill but to get them lynched.) you could overrule it, after gaining the support of over half of the village. And then you're on the unstoppable march to victory, with the innocents and maybe even gifteds backing you.

Happy now?
Much more happy than I was before. Sad I only now realised there was that post of yours (I was writing my earlier post into the admin. thread... ).

Now I'm going to be very sorry if you turn out innocent - which I don't believe by the way.

But there's spirit and I do like that. Way to go Eönwë! And btw. no sarcasm involved. That was the best I hve sen this far.

Although inspired by Eönwë here I dare you wolves to try and leave me alive this Night. Let's see if you have the nerve for it.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #459
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Carrying on from main theory in last post...

Also, funny how Nogrod hasn't "dreamt" of any of the gifteds. One could easily be hiding under the safety of the innocent title.

Beware! Nogrod might be using you!

edit:x-ed
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #460
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Narya End of Day5

You lynched Eönwë, who was a ringwraith.

Night6 has now begun and I need the pics from the seer, the ranger, the hunter and the remaining ringwraith.

Narration will be posted before I go to sleep (in two hours).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #461
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

okay, even if it's a bit dull now

++ Eönwë

Remember guys, Shasta looks bad but Rune might be worse even if he didn't look like it imediately.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #462
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Oh well... *dies*
Old 05-12-2009, 02:30 AM   #463
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night6 falls

Gloomily, they sat around the round table. They felt they had ruled out most possibilities, but no one felt really hopeful. That might have been because Lord Thinroz had joined them shortly after noon and his mood was not of the most pleasant sort. He was upset with the death of his innocent housekeeper, to say the least.

”Do you have any opinion on the identity of the remaining murderers?” Lady Brinniel tried to enquire.
”Yes,” Lord Thinroz said. ”But I'm not going to share them. Carry on!”
No one felt like upsetting the host further, so they didn't say anything. Only Rune the Sorceror muttered: ”What a helpful attitude he has...”
”Shhh he's almost certainly not a murderer – not sane enough to do anything, I dare say - so let's not talk about him, but others,” Rune's fellow sorceror, Wilwarin, whispered.

And talk they did, and discovered many interesting things, until the sun started to set and they had to make a decision.

”Lord Eönwë, you'd better walk the plank,” Nienna said.
”Aye,” said Captain Nogrod.
”What plank?” Eönwë asked coolly. ”I cannot see any planks to be walked here.”

The two pirates eyes each other unsurely. The infamous Queen of the Sea, Nerwen, came to their rescue.
”This might serve as a plank,” she said and gave them a chair.
”Walk the plank, loser!” growled Shasta, Nerwen's husband.

Eönwë rolled his eyes and sat down on the chair. ”This is how you intend to kill me?”
”No, they said you have to walk the plank, not sit on it,” interfered Queen Lhuna from Harad.
So, Eönwë climbed to stand on the chair. Then he took one step and was standing on the floor.
”Happy now?” he asked.
”Hmm the idea did not quite work...” Nerwen muttered.
”It only needs some fine-tuning, my love,” Shasta comforted her.

”I know!” said Brinn suddenly. ”Let's use a rope!”
”A rope?” asked Nogrod, looking a bit puzzled.
”If someone has a rope when he walks the plank, he can use it to climb back onboard,” Nienna said, looking equally puzzled.
”Even if he has the rope around his neck?” Brinn asked sweetly.
”Good idea!” said Lhuna. ”I will go and see if there's a rope somewhere.”

After a while, she returned with a beautiful black rope. ”Is this good?” she asked.
”Excellent,” Brinniel smiled and tied it around Eönwë's neck.
”Now, climb back on the plank and jump again,” Nienna told Eönwë.
”You mean the chair?” Eönwë asked.
”Yarr!” said Cap Nog and threatened him with his cutlass.
”Alright...” said Eönwë and climbed on the chair again and came down just as before.
”And then?” he asked.

”It still didn't quite work,” Nerwen observed.
”Just because the bloody rope was not tied anywhere,” Shasta grumbled.
”Oh, good point!” the others agreed.

They looked up. The roof of the hall did actually have a few good places to attach the rope to, but it was very high.

”That might prove a problem...” Lhuna sighed.
”Not with me around,” said Wilwa who had remained silent so far.
”Nor with me,” said Rune.

Together, the two sorcerors made a simple spell that attached the rope to the roof.
”Now you can climb on the chair again,” Wilwa told Eönwë.
”Last time it was a plank,” he muttered, but climbed on it anyway.
Rune went to him and adjusted the rope. ”Now it should be tight enough to reach the ground once he jumps.”
”1, 2, 3, go!” said Nerwen.

Without any ceremonies, Eönwë stepped down from the chair once more. This time, the rope tightened around his neck and his face started to turn red. His feet were desperately trying to find the chair.
”I'll confiscate this,” Shasta said and moved the chair away from Eönwë.

They watched him struggle until his movements grew weaker and then he did not move at all. A wail escaped his dead lips and a pile of clothes dropped on the floor. Eönwë himself was nowhere to be seen, but there was a cold wind in the hall.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4
Eönwë (ringwraith) – lynched on Day5

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Nogrod - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Brinniel
Old 05-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #464
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Day6 dawns

The moonlight came from the high window and only one tall shadow was cast on the floor. He was alone, and he could feel it as a heavy burden on his shoulders. Their success was dependendent on him now, and hope was failing him. But it was no use sitting here alone. He took his sword, his beautiful blade, his only remaining ally and stepped into the corridor.

Meanwhile, Captain Nogrod was sitting on his bed and not sleeping. True, he had prepared a drink for himself, like all the nights before, and even drunk it, but he had not been able to fall asleep. He had slept badly last night and he suspected he had only narrowly escaped death then. Now he had a feeling he would not escape. He caressed his cutlass and sighed. He knew he could have run, but there was nowhere on the island to run to, and it would still be at least a week before his crew would come to fetch him home.

The door opened with a soft crash and a tall, hooded figure stepped into the room holding a long, fine sword. In the pale moonlight the figure looked unnaturally dark and hazy, as if not quite from this world. ”I have come for you, Cat O' Nine Tails of Ethir Anduin,” he smiled. Captain Nogrod was filled with dread, but he gripped his cutlass and stood up. ”You may try to take me!” he shouted and swung his weapon. The cloaked one parried it easily, and his hood fell back.

”You!” Nogrod exclaimed. He could recognise the features of the pale and unearthly face. The wraith laughed. ”Yes, it's me, and I will not waste my time fighting with you and make the same mistake as King Legate did!” Nogrod attempted another blow at the wraith's direction. ”I have learned a new trick. How do you like it?” He leaned closer to Nogrod, and breathed, and the pirate captain felt like falling, falling somewhere deep, dark and cold, falling into despair. Trying to cling to consciousness, he could hear the cold laugh ringing in his room and see a flash when the moonlight was reflected on the sword.

~*~

In the morning, the guests were waken by Lord Thinroz himself. The old man was singing an old lullaby absent-mindedly while wandering from room to room and waking his guests by loud ”wake up!” cries. The sleepy lords and sorcerors wandered into the corridor.

”What's happened?” Wilwarin the Sorceress wondered.
”What's wrong with him?” King Shasta demanded.
No one had an answer.

”Are we all here?” asked Lady Brinniel.

They looked around. Captain Nogrod was nowhere to be seen. They made it for his room, and saw Lord Thinroz standing by the body of the pirate captain. ”They killed him,” he said. ”More blood under my roof. More blood in my house! How dare you?” He eyed his guests viciously, eyes glowing with rage. None of the guests made a reply.

”Look!” said Queen Lhuna. ”There's a weird-looking bottle on his table.”
Queen Nerwen picked it up. "Some herbal potion," she concluded with slight disgust.
Rune the Sorceror bent to examine it. ”Dreamflower extract,” he said. ”Those who can truly use it can make it give them dreams of especial clarity and meaning.”

The guests exchanged glances. So, Captain Nogrod had truly been what he had claimed to be, and now they would have to do without him. ”Dead? Him?” asked Lord Thinroz. ”Now you lost the only one who sees in the dark.” He laughed, and it was a hollow laugh, devoid of joy or even malice.

~*~

Dead
Lommy (mod) - Lady Lómiel Starbrow, the hostess – killed on Night1
Isabellkya (ordo) - lynched on Day1
Kath (ordo) – killed on Night2
Eomer of the Rohirrim (ordo) - lynched on Day2
Kent2010 (ordo) - Black Númenórean scam artist - killed on Night3
Legate of Amon Lanc (ringwraith) - rebelling Haradian King - lynched on Day3
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - Variag Warlord of Khand - modfired on Day3
Nilpaurion Felagund (ordo) - fussy courtier - killed on Night4
satansaloser2005 (ringwraith) – lynched on Day4
Eönwë (ringwraith) – lynched on Day5
Nogrod (seer) - Corsair Captain "The Cat O' Nine tails of Ethir Anduin"

Alive
Nienna - pirate
Shastanis Althreduin - King of the Sea
wilwarin538 - sorceress
Nerwen - Queen of the Sea
Rune Son of Bjarne - Tivo the Sorceror
Lhunardawen - rebelling Haradian Queen
Brinniel

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-14-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #465
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Poor Nogrod. He did such a wonderful job!

So what we know:

Nienna: Hunter
Wilwa: Ord
Nerwen: Ord
Lhuna: Ranger
Brinniel: Ord

Rune and Shasta: one Ord, one baddie

Doing pretty well I think. I'm going to go back through yesterDay's and see what I can see about these two. And even if we guess wrong then we'll just get the other next Day! Pretty wonderful I have to say.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #466
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

1 wraith left, right?

It should be fairly easy. . . Just lynch Lhuna.

I am the Ranger!

When Lhuna made her false claim yesterday, I decided not to counter claim at once until I had considered all options. . .plus people have a tendency to belive the person who makes the claim first. Unfortunately I lost my internet connection and when I finally got to the internet cafe, there was no way I could counter claim without looking like a wolf trying to escape death. Also I hoped that Lhuna would vote for somebody else than me and thus reveal the other wraiths identity.

If you don't want to lynch Lhuna, then lynch me. . .that way you can see for yourself that I am the Ranger. Just don't lynch Shasta, we would gain very little from it.

Hopefully my internet will be up and running before the deadline.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #467
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Uhm....yeah, I still believe Lhuna, mainly cause I had a very strong feeling that she was the Ranger even before she revealed.

So, I say lynch Rune. And lets say that he actually is the Ranger, which I doubt, then we lynch Lhuna tomorrow and still win.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #468
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds like a plan to me.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #469
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I came to post, but then realized... there's not a lot to say, is there? Good try, Rune.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #470
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Haha, I was about to get on and say our final ringwraith might as well give up now since they'd be exposed by toMorrow if not toDay, but I see he sort of already has.

Well I suppose you might as well go down fighting; it's more fun that way, but I had figured the last baddie was probably you Rune.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #471
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, that makes it simpler, doesn't it?

After reading through Rune's and Shasta's posts from Day 1, I'd come to the conclusion that it would have to come down to a coin toss, since they both looked equally bad.

Not that it matters, really, since it's now only a question of how soon we finish.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #472
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Nerwen doesn't really love me.

*grumblegrumbleLadyMacbethgrumble*
Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #473
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooh, I guess I shall be the first to vote (again).

++Rune

I'm interning again tomorrow so I shouldn't be around for the rest of the game (unless I have time to drop by in the morning). So I'll see everyone on the other side...
Old 05-13-2009, 03:10 AM   #474
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Nerwen doesn't really love me.
Aww... there, there. I was just trying to teach you a lesson, my dearest.

Oh, yes, and–

++Rune Son of Bjarne (AKA Tivo the Sorcerer)

I never did trust that landlubber of a wizard!

EDIT: fixed quotes.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 AM   #475
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Uhm....yeah, I still believe Lhuna, mainly cause I had a very strong feeling that she was the Ranger even before she revealed.

So, I say lynch Rune. And lets say that he actually is the Ranger, which I doubt, then we lynch Lhuna tomorrow and still win.
Well, your feeling is wrong.
And yes we will win no matter what, but I would like to actually make it to the end and not give Lhuna the satisfaction of getting me killed.

I knew Brinn would not trust me, but to be frank I thought that Nerwen would belive me. . .I base that on our talk yesterday about who to lynch.

I don't know if any of you remember this, but a long time ago I sugested that we looked at who the mod might pick instead of what had been done in the game. I did that because I found it unbelivable that me, Legate and Nogrod had gotten special roles by chance. . .Would I draw atention to such a thing if I was a wraith?

Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #476
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Why do I bother. . .I am dead anyway. Lhuna will defenitly vote for me and so will Wilwa from the looks of it, then my destiny is sealed.

I will be expecting appology rep from everyone who votes for me today.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:53 AM   #477
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Procrastination

Night2: Lhuna (I was torn between her and Kath, but chose Lhuna because we had not played together for a long time)
Night3: Nogrod
Night4: None (It seemed clear that the wraiths would kill Nogrod and I did not want to limit my options for the next night)
Night5: Nogrod (Succes)
Night6: Nienna (Just in case)

Old 05-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #478
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*shrugs* Well, sorry, Rune, if you really are the Ranger... but don't you understand that revealing this late leaves the village no choice?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 AM   #479
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I don't know if any of you remember this, but a long time ago I sugested that we looked at who the mod might pick instead of what had been done in the game. I did that because I found it unbelivable that me, Legate and Nogrod had gotten special roles by chance. . .Would I draw atention to such a thing if I was a wraith?
Why not? Or, to put it another way, why draw attention to it if you're a gifted?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #480
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
*shrugs* Well, sorry, Rune, if you really are the Ranger... but don't you understand that revealing this late leaves the village no choice?
No I don't understand. . . Just because you make your claim first it does not mean that you are right.

As I said I lost my internet connection shortly after I read Lhuna's post, if I had revealed it just before deadline I would surely look like a wraith and it would take focus away from figuring out who of Eonwe and Shasta was the remaining wraith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
When you said this and I replied "I know, I know", I felt it was a complete give away. . . by only focusing on one of the last two "unknown" i felt that I had given away that I was considering a "known innocent".