The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #121
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Yeah, let's keep that in mind. But actually, especially with the Evil QT, I am again (just like yesterDay with the Cobbler there) against any such vote. Because what use is it now? Only to tell the Evil QT what we are likely to do. Nopes. WWs would use it to signal the QT. Nopes. Anyone who does so goes into my suspect book. (Starting from you right now, *ping*(TM).)
Err, nope? Wolves don't need to signal the QT anymore. What is Legate doing over here?

Also, his *pinging* almost made me read that as Pitchie's post. At what point did pinging become Pitch's trademark?
Old 05-08-2020, 07:37 PM   #122
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
At this point my curiosity is overwhelming my caution. Does nobody else hear a screaming cacophony of "Hunter" from a particular person?
Old 05-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #123
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey
(Work update: this is my fourth post, but I've already caught myself checking incoming work emails to see if they might come from wolves. This game gets in your head...)
Lol.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:20 AM   #124
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Also,

Lol.
Oh, that post! I had to edit that one before posting, because what I wanted to say was 'I've caught myself checking my work emails to make sure they don't sound wolfish'.

But "to check they're not emails from the pack" didn't even cross my mind! I meant "to see if incoming emails strike me as wolfish".

I have also given my son a very suspicious look when it seemed like he was deliberately mis-hearing me. Wolf! Woooolf!

hS

Last edited by Huinesoron; 05-09-2020 at 12:51 AM.
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:33 AM   #125
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Hui->Mac 3. I consider this important because Hui could have picked other ways to save himself (like go for Brinn or push for whatever else was in the air). First thought is of course that Mac is therefore innocent.
This assumes that with one vote on me, I was suddenly terrified and saw clearly that I was up against the wall. Nope! My actual response was an excited giggle and "ooh, I got a vote!".

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 12:43 AM   #126
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
In hindsight, I'd say what got him in trouble is his non-committal attitude in forming suspicions.
Oh come on! I was very clear who my primary suspects were, once I had some (which I think was by my second post) . I feel like people want me to a) explain my reasoning less and b) Yell "X is a wolf!" rather than saying "I find X most suspicious", but... why though? Unsupported accusations aren't going to show other people why someone is a wolf, and as for b), those are plainly synonyms.

I get that my posts were over-long (I worked hard on reducing them in the latter parts of Day 2), but I don't understand this non-committal thing at all. How many people posted lists with three or four (or more) categories to let them 'vaguely suspect' people...?

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 05:03 AM   #127
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Or, we could just vote Brin again for sticks and giggles.
I am quite tempted by this plan. Consistency from the QT is a good thing, right? And as a "messing with their heads" option, I can't think of anything better.

Quote:
Or we can both abstain until the DL and see what the other half of the thread comes up with as the "known wolf" vote.
Or, you could abstain and I would vote, in which case my vote would count over Rikae's and Kit's unless they pre-plan and band together.
Except for this one, because letting the "evil" QT feed them a "good" vote sounds like hecka fun.

(It could by stymied by Team Good also refusing to vote, of course. Wouldn't that be wild?)

The irritating thing is, I feel like I might have spotted the Seer. If I thought the pack would read the message right, I might just straight-up vote for them to send it, but... well, I don't think that.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 06:06 AM   #128
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
and then (which most of us failed to spot) Huey's wolf email slip...
Why yes, I am so bad at this game that I posted "hey, totes expecting the rest of the pack to email me today!". That's definitely what I meant. No other possible way I could've meant those words.

Sorry, but... I'm okay with people assuming the worst about my posts. I'm rather put out at them assuming the stupidest.

That said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Also Lalaith
After all, this means the packmate [QT!me] can continue to be useful and push their agenda elsewhere...
Snort. Because my agenda-pushing skills are so strong, right?

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #129
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

I am a broken record:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Given that, like I've said, I had hard time understanding where Hui was ever coming from, I gave them the benefit of doubt and interpreted it as them talking about having email subsrcibed to the ww thread. But looks like the simpler explanation was true and I should have certainly remembered this slip because had Hui's meaning been innocent, I can't see why they wouldn't have replied to Lhuna and clarified it.
a) You can do that?

b) I did reply!

c) I really don't think 'to see if they might come from wolves' is as difficult a sentence as people are making it out to be. It's a direct working-from-home synonym for 'I've been checking my coworkers to see if they might be wolves'.

The explanation is clear: the wolves are stirring this up to try and mislynch me! :O

... wait...

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 06:13 AM   #130
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

On an actual other note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Bear watching

Lottie...
Um, Lommy, there's... there's no bears in this game. Did you get as confused as me?

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #131
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Having skimmed through Page 17, I now have to leave for work.

Should be around more or less for both DLs. I think this goes without saying, but I'll follow your lead, boss.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:44 AM   #132
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Having skimmed through Page 17, I now have to leave for work.

Should be around more or less for both DLs. I think this goes without saying, but I'll follow your lead, boss.
Right now I'm waiting to see what the InnoCuties do. I should be here from an hour before our DL, though possibly absent actually at it (it's not like we're going to be in a last-second rush over here!).

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #133
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Coupled with the non-committal "suspicion" from Huey against them, it merits consideration.

BWAHAHAHA.

Is the whole "non-committal" thing seriously because I used the word "suspicion" to describe thinking someone was a wolf?

Oh, that's just too rich. XD

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 09:56 AM   #134
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Are you trying to suggest that we go the 'fake-vote' route, throw a lot of information around our choices early on when their DL comes and then at DL vote completely different as some 'gotcha'?
A reminder that who started the fake-vote thing is sitting in the QT and is aware of it.
I started that to make a mess, not to make use of it while I'm in the QT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Why yes, I am so bad at this game that I posted "hey, totes expecting the rest of the pack to email me today!". That's definitely what I meant. No other possible way I could've meant those words.

Sorry, but... I'm okay with people assuming the worst about my posts. I'm rather put out at them assuming the stupidest.
No no no no. Take pride in it. They are using their posts to be like "Look at how obvious it has been! How dare all the rest of you not have spotted him earlier? You are all suspicious as a result!"

Quote:
Right now I'm waiting to see what the InnoCuties do. I should be here from an hour before our DL, though possibly absent actually at it (it's not like we're going to be in a last-second rush over here!).

hS
I have a feeling they are purposefully keeping silent so as to not give anything away, and try to glean information from us.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 AM   #135
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
The irritating thing is, I feel like I might have spotted the Seer. If I thought the pack would read the message right, I might just straight-up vote for them to send it, but... well, I don't think that.
I wonder if we spotted the same gifted. Except I am leaning Hunter, because this individual seems a bit bluff to be a true Seer. Taking some risky stances, and baddie trapping in the open on D1.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:16 PM   #136
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
It's so quiet today. Like, we are three hours away from the deadline on a weekend, and there just isn't that much going on.
I hear you, Lottie.

Hey, InnoCuties, if you want to choose who the QT votes for, get in there quick. Otherwise it'll just be Brinn again.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #137
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I hear you, Lottie.
No no no, please DON'T be as chatty as the last 2 Days, I am at work today and would fall absolutely completely behind if they started chatting just now. After the QT DL - fine, chat away, as long as my job is done.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #138
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Hey, InnoCuties, if you want to choose who the QT votes for, get in there quick. Otherwise it'll just be Brinn again.
I will have a vote template ready to fill for just before DL. I hope work does not distract me enough to miss it.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #139
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Alas, it looks like the innocents in our humble abode are not going to make use of the voice Hareth-I spoke to eloquently to gain them. Therefore, to avoid potentially missing the deadline (I'm literally being called away right now), I will offer up my own vote in harmony with your solidarity of yesterDay:

++Brinniel

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 12:49 PM   #140
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

++Brinniel
Old 05-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:53 PM   #142
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Thank you, faithful Cobbler55.

#718: Eonwe is now wall-of-text quote-posting... himself. I half thought he was trying to prove himself a wolf!

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 12:55 PM   #143
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Thank you, faithful Cobbler55.
Cheers!

I am afraid my participation will be plunging down, but at least I didn't miss the vote DL!

(Also, Nog, I bet you are enjoying this so much!...)
Old 05-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #144
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh man, Huey, watching you is bringing back memories of the frustration of being a wolf suspected for all the wrong reasons!

Anyway, I would like to exercise my right to vote. Maybe the delegates will be useful at the convention?

++Bernie
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #145
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Oh man, Huey, watching you is bringing back memories of the frustration of being a wolf suspected for all the wrong reasons!

Anyway, I would like to exercise my right to vote. Maybe the delegates will be useful at the convention?

++Bernie
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I don't think we can deduce anything regarding Brinn's role from this though, as this would have been a fairly smart move from Huin and G55 regardless of whether Brinn is on their side or not.
It's nice to be appreciated. ^.^ Even if it is [possibly] for the wrong reasons.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #146
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Are they going to do that for the rest of the game? Boring.
*brain wheels spinning* But what would you say if we keep doing it even after the thread becomes innocently dominated (and it's gotta eventually, statistically speaking)? If innocents vote Brin too for the sole purpose of making the GT go "whaaat?", just because they can?
Old 05-09-2020, 01:25 PM   #147
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:

++Bernie

Quote:
It's nice to be appreciated. ^.^ Even if it is [possibly] for the wrong reasons.
First nice thing that's been said about me toDay. (Now this one I'm not sore about - I was revealed as a wolf, after all!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
That's why the QT DL really blunts their power.
Or DOES IT?

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #148
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
*brain wheels spinning* But what would you say if we keep doing it even after the thread becomes innocently dominated (and it's gotta eventually, statistically speaking)? If innocents vote Brin too for the sole purpose of making the GT go "whaaat?", just because they can?
I second the motion. ^_^

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #149
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
It's also an even split over there right now, so who knows who chose Brinn as a candidate.
Rikae.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #150
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Anyway, clearly messing with us in some way, that's for sure.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #151
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

By all the Valar, are they seriously at 10 minutes to DL with half the village still to vote?

o.O

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #152
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

"It's seven minutes to deadline but I'm not telling who I'm hunting."

Sally, you have some sort of plan here, but I'm a petty-dwarf if I know what it is.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #153
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Crap, I missed where I was actually asked. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Omguh.

And that's Deadline.

Whoo! So Day 1 we had "I'm the Ranger HAHA nope", Day 2 we had "SUDDENLY Huinesoron", and Day 3 we had "Sally the silent hunter". I tell you, reading through a full page of replies and going "where is she? She must say something soon!" was absolutely gripping.

And I'm still not sure who's coming to join us!

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:08 PM   #154
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, that's just great. I'll be very surprised if Mac is guilty.

And not hanging around and reading, as a gifted on the chopping block? Is every gifted in this game secretly also a cobbler?
Old 05-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #155
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Or because even though we'd have the majority, someone doesn't turn up to vote ...

Or because we decide Brinn really is the best target.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #156
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Is every gifted in this game secretly also a cobbler?
I shouldn't have said that. Mistakes & life happen.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:13 PM   #157
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Y'know, we're now into a gap in the rules - if Sally really is the Hunter, does she or her victim have the tie-break? Neither of them are night-kills, which is the only thing the rules rule out...

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:17 PM   #158
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Soooo... I was unable to log on since my previous post here, and the GT wrote two and a half new pages. ?!?!?!?! Also, glancing at the QT in passing, looks like something really exciting happened. Will catch up to GT first, then see what you guys have to say about it.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #159
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Hi, Sally! Hi, Mac! Welcome to the madhouse... er, infirmary.

Per the rule change last Night, the quarantinies are allowed to keep nattering all night long, so if you feel up to it after that intense final hour, please do say hello.

hS
Old 05-09-2020, 03:30 PM   #160
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: this was all-caps... the forum un-allcapsed it for me! What??
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote