The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #281
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wait. *is confused* If Izzy attacked Nerwen shouldn't Nerwen be dead, thus making it not game over? Sorry, I'm tired and not thinking properly.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #282
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
No. If I had attacked a wolf, I would die. If I had attacked an innocent, they would die.

Either way an innocent was dying.

Which would leave it pretty much a wolfy win.

I do not understand the Batman part fully.

Nice game.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #283
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well played all.

Though I think the insanity of Arkham has put me off WW...or caused me to want to play more often. I'm not sure.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #284
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
No. If I had attacked a wolf, I would die. If I had attacked an innocent, they would die.

I do not understand the Batman part fully.

Nice game.
Oh, okay. I didn't understand that so I was all sorts of confused. Thanks, dear.

Meh, me neither really, but whatever. Sad day for us, isn't it?

ETA: *hugs Kit*
Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #285
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually, I would assume the Batman death was the Wolves' kill choice.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #286
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well, yeah, but....lol never mind. I'll let Batman spill his secrets himself.

Incidentally I was afraid something like that would happen if I died. Hence why I kicked up such a fuss about being lynched. I hate being right lol.

Oh, and Wilwa? I hate you. ♥
Old 03-09-2010, 10:13 PM   #287
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
WHY do you living people NEVER look at what dead!Lottie says?? This is twice now I've TOLD you who the wolves are, then got lynched - BY SAID WOLVES - and you don't NOTICE! [/rant]

On the bright side, I bake great cookies. Don't I, Sally?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #288
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
WHY do you living people NEVER look at what dead!Lottie says?? This is twice now I've TOLD you who the wolves are, then got lynched - BY SAID WOLVES - and you don't NOTICE! [/rant]

On the bright side, I bake great cookies. Don't I, Sally?
That makes two of us, princess. And of course you do. *munches happily*
Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #289
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
That makes two of us, princess. And of course you do. *munches happily*
Hmm. To share the secret or not to share the secret. That is the question. *ponders*

Fine. When I was killed, Morsul let me choose one person to send a dream to. I chose Sally 'cause I knew she was innocent (I will not share my ways of knowing. Leave it at I can read Sally real well) and I had her dream of Nog. So...the rest of the Days were spent in many giggles as I read her mad hinting to him.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #290
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
So what have I learned from this game? Go with gut instinct and vote Wilwa first.

What have you learned this game? I'm not completely mental and I DID peg both Wolves off the bat!

What else did I learn? Lottie is terribly good at finding the Wolves!!

Well played everyone!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #291
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
What else did I learn? Lottie is terribly good at finding the Wolves!!
Didn't you learn that last game?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #292
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf

Hey, just got back to find we'd won!

Go wolves!

Quote:

Not necessarily– if Batman had protected either of us you'd have survived:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
If either party is protected by batman nothing happens
And if either that had happened, or our victim had been protected, there'd have been at least another Day.

Quote:
Yep. We guessed Nog was Batman, because we thought Sally must have dreamed him.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #293
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Tehe. I didn't dream anyone, not really. Not by choice, that is.

What the heck was up with that anyway, Morsul? Do spill your dark secrets.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #294
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

I still can't believe you living folks didn't notice the pattern. I suspected Nerwen and Wilwa; I died. Glirdan suspected Nerwen and Wilwa; he died. Pitchie suspected Nerwen and Wilwa; he died. Sally suspected Nerwen and Wilwa; she died. The only one that didn't match the pattern was Boro.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #295
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lynchings are less controllable than Night kills. I don't think I would say it was a set and obvious pattern..

Nothing is that cut and dry. People were suspicious on a lot of their own merits.

It was fun, thank you for hosting Morsul!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #296
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Lynchings are less controllable than Night kills. I don't think I would say it was a set and obvious pattern..

Nothing is that cut and dry. People were suspicious on a lot of their own merits.

It was fun, thank you for hosting Morsul!
Still, in hindsight, Nerwen and Wilwa were annoyingly good at wolvery.

Yes, thank you, Morsul!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #297
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Dark-Eye

mwahahahahahaha

Nerwen and I had pretty much decided this was unlikely to happen, we were pretty sure another Day would be needed.

I'm happy.

Oh, and we didn't know Boro was the cobbler, we seemed to be the only ones who hadn't considered it. But when he died I found Two-face's coin, so I got to pick 2 people to try and guess Batman. So I'm glad we killed him. Even though we didn't guess Batman that Night, it still shrunk our group of possibilities.

Morsul. You rock.

Great game everybody!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:02 AM   #298
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had planned secret roles or events for almost everyone

First person to die was scarecrow(Didn't matter who) they'd send a Nightmare with someone's identity to someone of their choosing.

Batman dying would allow Robin to come in and provide protection until he had successfully protected someone. example: Robin Protects wilwa but Kitanna dies. Robin has another night.

Two-Face's coin would go to either the wolves in the event of a night kill(Which happened) or a random innocent if a lynch. The coin 'flip' would give the finder two chances to guess batman's identity.

both guards dying would result in chaos, sadly for the innocents this occurred far too late.

Only the patients and wolves didn't have a secret Post-death event or role.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #299
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, I guessed I was a goner last Night anyway because I was one of the least suspected people left - and I was the only guy left and the wolves only killed guys. When I realised Sally confessed to having received a dream it was like the last nail in the coffin.

Reading the last Day during the Night I was pretty confident Nerwen was a wolf. If there would have been a D4 I would have made a full attack on her. But you were faster...

Wilwa was awesome! I actually never suspected her strongly, maybe a little early in the game. You managed to disappear under my radar quite completely even if you posted. Well played Nerwen as well. I think I caught you in the end but it took too long time for me to do it.

How about we people stop lynching Lottie that early every game?!

It was a fun game and I'm happy I played even if I first thought I should not. You were a lot of fun - and creepy - to play with everyone.

And special thanks to Morsul who had designed truly a twisted game!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #300
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh, btw.

What did I say about Nerwen's "Go wolves!" on D1?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 AM   #301
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*MAJOR HEADDESK*
So much for optimism...
That amuck kill last night was a nasty surprise on the Joker's part, but truth to be told, the wolves totally deserved to win this one. I can't believe we more or less had Nerwen's number from the start and still let her talk herself out of the noose Day after Day while we blithely went on lynching our own instead (with some carefully placed help from the wolves, to be sure, but still...)
Lesson to be learned: If it says 'wolf' on the label, there's likely to be wolf in it, no matter how gaudy the wrapping...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Nog
Wilwa was awesome! I actually never suspected her strongly, maybe a little early in the game. You managed to disappear under my radar quite completely even if you posted. Well played Nerwen as well. I think I caught you in the end but it took too long time for me to do it.
What he said, especially wilwa - that was quite a surprise for me, you'd pretty much lulled my initial suspicion after D1. Well played, both of you!
Hats off to Lottie, Glirdan and sally, our martyrs for the truth - if only we'd listened in time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit
Though I think the insanity of Arkham has put me off WW...or caused me to want to play more often. I'm not sure.
The latter, I hope! I really liked those analyses of yours. More of that calm voice of reason!
Most of all, thanks and kudos to Morsul - stunning modding debut!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #302
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
The only one that didn't match the pattern was Boro.
Well, I did randomly vote for wilwa for no reason on Day 1. My idea was try to be as annoyingly confusing as possible, wait for the wolves to kill Batman, and then go suicidal for them. However, as wilwa said probably worked to their benefit finding my coin and all. I wish more people could have played, so Morsul could have stuck with the cursed-cobbler, and I would have been converted Night 1 mwhahaha.

Day 1, I seriously knew nothing though, other than I pegged sally and Nog as innocent and probably one of them batman. I was considering voting for Glirdan out of the blue, because it would have made me chuckle, but wilwa had to go and vote for me, even after I warned her, what would happen.

Nerwen and wilwa, masterfully evil job well done.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #303
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well, I guessed I was a goner last Night anyway because I was one of the least suspected people left - and I was the only guy left and the wolves only killed guys. When I realised Sally confessed to having received a dream it was like the last nail in the coffin.

Yeah, sorry dear. My original plan was to claim that I was the ranger, but I was afraid you'd fancy getting up in the middle of the night to check the thread and would discredit me, so I wentwith plan B. Well, plan F, but what else could I do? I was hoping that maybe they'd not lynch me and would hen Night kill me instead, but of course with the slow internet and me being an optimist about people voting for Nerwen rather than me (which I thought at some point Durelin said she was considering....then again, I think that was someone else's post) I waited too long and was already doomed. *whimpers*
Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #304
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dark-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
*MAJOR HEADDESK*
So much for optimism...
Haha, I was optimistic the whole game. Though this last Night had me a bit panicked, I didn't think Nerwen would be able to get through another Day so I was freaking out a little bit. Glad it didn't have to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Wilwa was awesome! I actually never suspected her strongly, maybe a little early in the game. You managed to disappear under my radar quite completely even if you posted.
*loves irony*

The one time you don't suspect me, haha.

And Lottie, I have a feeling that you will be safe from lynching for a while, but the wolves may not be so kind to you. Your psychic powers are creepy.

Quote:
What did I say about Nerwen's "Go wolves!" on D1?
Go wolves!!!! mwaha
Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #305
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I actually was wavering between tying Nerwen with Sally and just voting Sally, until I saw her 'reveal' post....so....

I really didn't think Nerwen was a wolf. Wilwa I just had no idea. I went back and forth on everyone, of course, as always... And as usual I find 'gifteds' the most suspicious. Hah.

The only thing I'm good at in these games is surviving...which is not useful because I have to vote.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #306
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
The only thing I'm good at in these games is surviving...which is not useful because I have to vote.
Don't be too harsh on yourself! We all make less than brilliant voting decisions at times ...(and speaking for myself, I have to say: most of the times!)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #307
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

So my brother was listening to music, and the lyrics seemed kinda perfect for this game. Wish I had known about it sooner, haha.

Crazy by Barenaked Ladies
I climb the walls of my mind just like I'm climbing
on the jungle gym.
I am more than content with the
state of mind I am in.
'cause I am crazy just like you.
I am crazy just like you.

I don't think I need a rubber room, but that might be nice.
I'm not a manic depressive paranoid or schizophrenic
so I don't need your advice.

The lights are on but nobody's home
my elevator doesn't go to the top
I'm not playing with a full deck I've lost my marbles.

I'm a few bricks short of a load,
but a full load always hurt my back.
I flew over the cuckoo's nest and
I'm never ever coming back because
Old 03-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #308
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thank You everyone I'm so happy you all enjoyed it look forward to more
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #309
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Now I am eating a dear little apple named Jonathan.

"Please! Please don't eat me!" Jonathan begged. Alas! He was so crisp and tasty, I swallowed him in half-a-dozen delicious bites.
Poor, poor Jonathan.

Luckily, though, all Jonathan's friends are named Jonathan too, so they'll never know he's missing.
You know, I’m sure this is just a coincidence, but....nah, it’s meta. Doesn’t matter. Still, this is just creepy. (Not wolf creepy, creepy creepy. And hilarious, of course.)
So, now that it's all over, what were you referring to?

Oh, and I really appreciated this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
All in all Nerwen jests and expects it to be taken as that, even seems to be laughing at us as if to say ‘see, no matter what I do I can talk myself out of it’.
Exactly.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:36 AM   #310
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I felt I was being toyed with, and suspected Nerwen somewhat; mostly for the reasons I stated - she kind of sat back in terms of the voting. But the way Nog and Sally teamed up on her, it was just o.O

But then no one counter-claimed Sally's Guardship, and I was thinking of voting for Nerwen until Sally claimed the Dream and refused to reveal.

How it would have been hilarious if the exchange between Boro and Wilwa, had actually been right. xD