The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #201
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Knock Knock. Anyone there?

Anybody?

*looks inside the teapot*

OK then.

Well even though I feel like I could faint at any moment I still have to go to work in 1.5 hours. So I'll show up randomly until then but after that I won't be back for quite a while, til about 2.5 hours before DL.

At this present time I would be prepared to vote for Sally. Possibly Dury, but still don't feel like I really have enough of a feel for her yet, hopefully after her contribution today I'll start to lean more in some sort of direction.

edit: oooh, page 6, and it only took 3 Days to do it.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #202
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

A list, because I'm running out of time and I want to get people posting! (I wrote this in a bit of a rush)

Nogrod: is acting like his usual self in my opinion.

Kit: I actually feel very good about her, she has good reasoning and I was surprised to see that she has almost the least amount of posts, because to me it seems like she's contributed quite a bit.

Durelin: so I took a closer look, see these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
even though Kit isn't looking shiny to me, don't take up anymore about her messing up my posts. They were hardly clear, anyway, much less full of substance. Besides, I never read every post in a thread, and most of the ones I do 'read' I really skim. (Now you all know why you love me so much!)

Anyway...my gut is full of bad feelings for people. Except Sally all of a sudden for some reason. I'm kinda not caring about Glirdan or Wilwa (except for her last post, esp. her first lines which make no sense...I need to go back and look) right now. Isabel is bothersome in her barely existing, and Nerwen...I have no idea. Kitanna is creepy.

Nogrod and Pitch are bothering me.
Quote:
Now, while I don't like Sally's attitude there, I think that it's interesting that you're acting like I was going after Kitanna when I called her 'creepy' along with other simple negative remarks about people.

Apparently it was picked up by both Nog and Sally, but I must say they took 'creepy' and somehow turned it into 'ah yes I agree with your case against her.' Sorta.

The mind is such an annoying thing...
(she later votes for Sally, choice between her and Nog)

So first she suspects Nog and Pitch, and says she does not have bad feelings for Sally. She also says Kit is creepy and not shiny. The thing with Kit is that later (in that second quote, bolded part) she then says basically (atleast the way it seems to me) "oh, I called her creepy but I don't suspect her", and she doesn't seem to understand why someone would come to that conclusion in the first place, since she called it "interesting" (to me, creepy=suspicious, doubt I'm the only one to think that). Which seems odd to me. Then later she votes for Sally, when in that first quote it looks like Sally was the only one she felt good about.

So basically she goes from feeling good about Sally to suspecting her, and finding Kit creepy to saying she isn't going after her.

Sally: already made some comments earlier on her. Everyone goes by their feelings and gut sometimes, but all the time is a little much.

Nerwen: has slipped slightly under my radar, I know lots of people have found some odd stuff with her but I just see regular Nerwen everywhere, I don't really feel strongly about her either way. Kinda the same with Izzy, I read their posts and seem to tend to agree with a lot of what they say, and what I don't agree with doesn't really strike me as suspicious. Unless one of them does something whacko I probably will continue to leave them alone.

Ok, gotta go to work super like now. I *may* have the chance to pop on, on my break, but that is a very slim chance, so this will probably be all from me til right before DL.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #203
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well please excuse Sally if she was trying to make posts even without her internet. Or did Nerwen miss that part while she was staring at my fleshy legs and deciding which one to nibble on first? Gah, seriously? I made a 'Hey I don't have access to posts to quote right now' disclaimer for a reason. I didn't.

Anyway responding to a few things then loading up posts, snuggling down, and showing you lot the evidence behind my feelings. (Sorry I couldn't do it last night but I was admittedly lazy and very tired, so I decided to go to bed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
That's nice, Sally. Do you ever plan to make a genuine case against me, or indeed anyone? Or is it going to remain, "Just, you know, feels evil... *shrug*"

And why am I back at the top of your suspicion-list toDay? Why did you switch from me to Kit yesterDay, and now back again? Well?
Erm, you never really weren't. I had to leave early and I thought there was a better chance of lynching Kit (my number 2-ish at the time) based on what I'd been seeing. Of course you'd have known that if you'd read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil old me
I'm thinking Kit; not only do I suspect her*, it appears others do too. Reassures me that I'm not completely crazy (or that others are too, but then again....) so I'm willing to take the risk as she's one of my top suspects.

Other than that, I'd go for Wilwa or quite possibly Nerwen. Actually, in the opposite order from what I've just listed, though either would be fine with me. I will not vote for any of our fine men folk, save Nog, who appears to be a bit different than usual. Then again, we are in a mad house, so perhaps I'll let him slide.
So where do I write you off exactly? Granted I do vote Kit in the end but I made that intention pretty clear, so perhaps you should pay closer attention to what I'm saying before accusing me of flipflopping when I clearly did not.

Oh, and apologies, by the way. My post last night should have said you had tried to discredit me, not you were trying to discredit me. I was referring to post....174 I believe, but used a rather misleading tense. My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I don't get your Rudolph reference. Rudolph had a red nose, how can one forget Rudolph? He has his own song.

Sally said that she thought you had a role, and if you did, she knew what you were. Which there are two known roles left in the game, so.. since she did not vote for you, that leaves one known role. Which if it were true would be a silly thing for her to say. So, I think it a bunch of bologna. I don't like bologna, it is the equivalent of a pancaked hotdog. You could insert the almost obligatory "why did you point it out"; well It was pretty obvious, and I doubt the wolves are thaaat daft.
I was trying to be cute. Nyah.

Well I'm fairly certain she's not the ranger; I can peg a gifted Nerwen pretty well. So if she's not the ranger she has to be....everyone say it with me now....

And bologna is disgusting. Ham is much better. *noms*

Quote:
Maybe Prancer would have been better?

Well, I've taken it as an accusation, since in the next line she uses it a reason not to vote Wilwa, while claiming to suspect her:
And again, you misquote me. (Well, you know what I mean.) I said I wanted you lynched before Wilwa because if you're a wolf I'll easily conjecture that she's your partner. That and I can bribe Wilwa not to kill me. I didn't say that was a reason not to vote her, I said it was a reason to vote you first. Big difference.

And the tried became trying for real this time. Does no one else see the twisting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Ahh but If you read the Narration you'd know who had died.... I mean there's only maybe what? 5 lines Hardly long winded don't you think
Well yes, dear, and that's how I figured it out. But when I read the list of the dead I was sure I'd read the narration wrong. Bah. Whatever you like; I'll make my own happy list so I can keep track of the order without having to look back each Day to check my memory. That'll work just as well.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #204
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*cough cough wheeze* I'm sick today so chances are I'll probably only be making this one long post where I look at those who are still alive. And then I'll vote closer to deadline, but don't expect too much else out of me today.

Onto business:
Nerwen:
Day 1: Post 1: Starts out the day with a "go wolves" statement, that eventually becomes a topic of debate. She also comments like Lottie did on Boro possibly hinting to the wolves.
Post 2: Banter to begin with, but shifts to something more serious in regards to Boro hinting.
Quote:
Well, then: wolves and cobblers don't often jump straight in and start hinting away in the very first post of the game. So it probably wasn't a hint. But then again it might be. Or maybe not. Who knows?
She won't pin herself to a theory one way or the other.
Post 3: Banter
Post 4: Banter for part, but switching to another serious remark, poising the question to the village:
Quote:
We've got three unusual factors: two wolves, no Seer, and a tiny village. Would the wolves be able to ignore each other?
Post 5: Between her usual banter Nerwen does make the point that wouldn't wolves want to distance themselves early on since the village is so small and a trail would be easier to follow.
Quote:
What we should do is ask everyone what they'd do if they were wolves, and the ones who do the exact opposite are the actual wolves.
An interesting notion, but...
Post 6: Says she's getting a cobbler vibe from Lottie and that Pitch is creeping her out. Judging by the quotes she highlighted it seems her issue with Pitch is that Pitch doesn't appreciate the in-game banter she has been employing thus far.
Post 7: Banter
Post 8: Calls Lottie opportunistic because she feels Lottie is basing her statements on joke posts.
Post 9: Continues a defense of herself against Lottie's reasons for voting for her.
Post 10: More of the same
Post 11: Backs off her defense with Lottie to mention Pitch, Durelin, Wilwa, and Boro. She's not sure how she feels about Durelin, doesn't think Pitch looks right, and questions Wilwa and Boro's voting for one another. Though it looks more like she's suspicious of Wilwa.
Post 12: Comments on Glirdan's idea that her and Lottie are doing some wolf on wolf arguing. States she's defending herself as she sees fit.
Post 13: Says she'll vote Lottie or Wilwa.
Post 14: Votes Lottie
Post 15: Has the gut feeling Lottie is only the cobbler
Day 2: Post 1: Apologizes to Lottie for being right about Boro and because the village lynched her. Also mentions my idea that Wilwa is a wolf who daringly killed Boro in the night, says it's possible and that Wilwa's reasons for voting weren't good. Talks about Glirdan's vote for Lottie as well.
Post 2: Questions why suspicions came up about me. Questions Glirdan as to why he's adamant she's the cobbler and not Lottie (the conversation quoted is from Day 1). Says his accusations are "with the flow" and says Sally's are from lazy playing.
Post 3: Says she was Sally's top suspect until Nogrod and Durelin mentioned me and then comments how Sally voted me.
Post 4: Votes Sally, but says she's not liking Glirdan either.
Day 3: Post 1: Asks Sally why she switched back to Nerwen as her top suspect. Asks when Sally will commit to a suspicion rather than saying this person "feels evil".
Post 2: Responds to Isa about Sally and her accusations.
Conclusion:: Nerwen looked better to me on Day 1 than she did Day 2. She has lots of banter, but also raising questions that if they achieve no other end at least stir up conversation. The one thing I wonder about is her suggestion to ask "if you were a wolf what would you do? How would you act?" This seems like an exercise in futility because who would answer that honestly? On Day 2 though it looked to me like she was going to vote Glirdan, yet she voted Sally. Her case against both seems to revolve mostly around them being somewhat opportunistic.
Quote:
And in fact all his suspicions have that "going with the flow" look to them. Reminds me a lot of the way he played last game.

As for Sally herself– in that same post, all her suspicions are variants of "Just seems evil. Yeah." Which is, at best, very lazy playing.
Today she's sticking with Sally rather than looking at anyone else. Though she still has time too, but if her vote were to be cast now I'd be surprised and concerned if she voted for anyone other than Sally.
Also, Nerwen says the wolves would be distancing themselves from each other. If Nerwen is a wolf she's being careful to distance herself from plenty of players so as not to leave a trail.
Sally:
Day 1: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Banter
Post 3: Banter, says she's going to look at things with a more critical eye.
Post 4: Banter
Post 5: Banter
Post 6: This is her epic post where Sally seemed to forget how to use the quote button. Says Boro looks fine. Says Wilwa looks to like "ra-ra village". Agrees with Glirdan that there's too much overanalyzing of Boro's "hint", but says there's nothing else going on.
Quote:
Yes, but at the same time the wolves may often hide by posing as cobblers. So looking for cobblerish behavior can in fact help us. Of course no two wolves are the same so we have to employ a variety of wolf-hunting strategies. *nods*
Probably the most helpful thing she had said so far. A lot of stuff in the post is vague statements like "it could be this way, unless of course it's not." She highlights this and that, but doesn't really give a solid opinion one way or the other.
Post 7: Apologizes for epic post of quotes.
Post 8: Nothing substantial
Post 9: Banter
Post 10: Banter
Post 11: Lists top suspects. Wilwa, Nerwen, and Durelin with details. Wilwa feels off, Nerwen has changed her playing style from what innocent Nerwen would do, and Durelin also seems off to her. Wilwa and Nerwen are her top suspects and Durelin falls into "not as guilty" pile. Lottie and Pitch are there also.
Post 12: Comments that there are six votes for six people
Post 13: Votes for Wilwa based on previous suspicions. Which were...? Wilwa seemed off to her.
Post 14: Banter
Day 2: Post 1: Says Pitch is thinking too much, Durelin is insane, Nogrod is probably innocent, Nerwen is acting like she has a role, Wilwa is still off, I'm both wolfish and maybe not wolfish at the same time, Izzy has nothing, and wants to give Glirdan more time to respond.
Quote:
Speaking of which, there's far too much discussion about Wilwa. If she's a wolf, fine, but she's not the only one, so let's diversify some more
Interesting...
Post 2: Says my post is wolfish, but maybe I'm not.
Post 3: Banter
Post 4: Says she'll vote me when, as Nerwen put it, before she was on the fence. Lists Wilwa and Nerwen as well.
Post 5: Votes for me
Day 3: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Gives a list she made without use of the internet. Nerwen is guilty, Wilwa is likely guilty, needs to look harder at Durelin, doesn't say much about Izzy instead tells a story, Nogrod is most likely innocent, says I'm guilty if Nerwen isn't.
Quote:
Wilwa/Nerwen
Wilwa/Durelin (just a hunch and a gut, really, nothing to base it off of)
Kit/Izzy (would be good for a wolf like Kit to have a quiet partner)
Nog/Durelin (we would so be screwed, no joke)
Nog/Nerwen (ah, a crafty team indeed, and if Nog was a wolf it would make sense)
Nerwen/Izzy (again with the quiet partner, and I just sense a vibe thing between them)
Wilwa/Kit (very possible, though I’d need to investigate it more)
Durelin/Kit (an unlikely pairing, but lack of likelihood based on their behavior makes me think)
Sally/Fea (Clearly the evil ones. Let’s lynch them straightaway!)
Conclusion: I find it interesting Sally only acts on people who seem off, but doesn't provide any real evidence. I find it extremely bizarre she is pretty consistent in her stance against Wilwa, but doesn't like that at one point the village seemed focused on her. That waves a red flag in my face. Sally has been loud, but not exactly committed to her ideas. Rather she's vague which is a pretty easy way to hide.
Wilwa: Since I looked at Wilwa's Day 1 I will skip them and move into Day 2 and beyond.
Day 2: Post 1: Defends herself against Glirdan's accusation she did a 180 on Boro. Most of the post is a response to things Glirdan had said against her.
Post 2: Says/agrees wolves probably didn't kill Boro because they thought he was the cobbler.
Post 3: Says who looks good and admits she doesn't really have any suspects. Durelin and Nerwen confuse her and she says Glirdan looks the worst (she had pointed out some stuff in her first post of the day, so no surprise there.)
Post 4: Nothing
Post 5: votes Glirdan.
Day 3: Post 1: Comments that Sally is still going by feelings rather than evidence. She doesn't like how Sally says it for so many people (in the post she highlights where Sally has said it). Says she doesn't understand Durelin and Sally.
Post 2: Prepared to vote for Sally or possibly Durelin.
Post 3: Digs up some stuff on Durelin. Sally and Durelin seem to remain at the top of her list. Izzy and Nerwen give her no reading. Everyone else feels semi-good to her.
Conclusion: Since the Day 1 bantering is over and done with I feel better about Wilwa. I thought maybe she could be a wolf pair with Glirdan, but he's been proven innocent and her side of their Day 1 argument didn't look nearly as suspicious as his did. Right now, I'm not worried about her.
Isabel:
Day 1: Post 1: Banter
Post 2: Doesn't think Boro looks suspicious. Says joking and serious should balance each other out.
Post 3: Asks Lottie why Nerwen and Wilwa are her top suspects based on bantering.
Post 4: Asks why nerwen would proclaim herself as evil. Says this is a silly wolf move, but maybe not so silly for the cobbler.
Post 5: Continues to question Lottie.
Post 6: I'm not entirely sure of the context of this post and I don't feel like backtracking to figure it. (there I admit fully my laziness :P)
Post 7: Continued argument with Lottie.
Post 8: Votes Lottie.
Day 2: Post 1: Glad to see cobbler dead.
Post 2: "Recaps" argument Lottie and Nerwen had among other things.
Post 3: Nerwen held on to her vote to potentially finagle it. Says Nerwen gives her a bad gut feeling, doesn't like what Sally has said, says Wilwa is baiting Glirdan, says Pitch gave myself and Durelin free passes for our Lottie votes and that he was too confident Lottie was innocent, doesn't like Glirdan's bandwagon vote, doesn't see me as evil, and suspects Nogrod mostly for meta-game and thinks he's playing dirty in regards to her crossposting with Glirdan.
Post 4: Doesn't know what to feel about Durelin. Gut tells her mildly-evil
Post 5: Back and forth with Durelin.
Post 6: Votes Durelin on gut. (based on her reason could have voted anyone)
Day 3:Post 1: Doesn't like Sally's reasoning toward Nerwen.
Conclusion: Day 1 Izzy doesn't provide any real suspects. She questions Lottie a bit, but doesn't say if she really suspects her until her vote. Day 2 doesn't give much else either. She says anyone could be evil the way she's feeling, but to me she had more suspicions for Pitch or maybe even Nerwen, but not Durelin.

Ugh Nogrod and Durelin remain, but the thought of this continued analysis is killing me. So, I will return in an hour or so to finish those two and then list my top suspects.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #205
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Bad Bolognese is terrible - like any crappy food is. But you can make it heavenly as well.

Fry bacon in a pan, add onion, garlic and carrot and saute well (do not burn). Add the meat (good meat chopped finely or quality mince). When the meat is browned add some milk and let it evaporate. Then add some red wine and let it evaporate as well. Season to your taste (thyme, oregano, basil, chili...), salt and pepper of course. Then add canned tomatoes, some tomato puré and little water. Cover and simmer gently for 3 hours (or more) adding water occasionally to not let it dry.

Enjoy with spaghetti or as part of a lasagne. Ab fab!

Hmm... Pitch was an interesting choice. I could see people that would have been harder to get lynched than him, so was there something in there or were they just scared of the Batman? Or both at the same time as someone suggested?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #206
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
You have still left me confused Sally. The only remaining known roles are wolf and Ranger. You say she is not the Ranger, so that leaves wolf. Why have you not voted for her?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #207
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Interesting. On D1 Nerwen and Izzy made a joint cross-examination of Lottie and that led to her lynch. Now they are again together pressing on Sally... That looks so like team-effort - or the other trying to please the other sharing the points and creating a good feeling & an illusion of "mutual understanding".

Now Sally may be a baddie. And Izzy & Nerwen can be both innocents. But what bothers me is their clear lack of interest to take a wider picture or trying to look outside the box they have chosen to stay in both of them.

Concentrating one's effort on someone who is a good lynch candidate and being careful not to offend or suspect anyone else is just soo wolfy...

Izzy and Nerwen have done that twice now.

Like I said, I'm not as yet convinced they both are wolves, but the way they "hunt together" one target at the time sure raises eyebrows...
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #208
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
You have still left me confused Sally. The only remaining known roles are wolf and Ranger. You say she is not the Ranger, so that leaves wolf. Why have you not voted for her?
This is actually a legit question. I thought Sally was hinting at Nerwen being wolf but why then change for Kit?

Like you said earlier Izzy: an ordo talking out aloud about her thoughts on who would be Batman would be soo bad...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #209
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
So hypothetically if we never lynch a wolf then it would take them until about Day 4 to win.
Yay! Go wolves!
(Hey, I AM insane, you know...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Actually, if there is any merit to that, he could be Two-Face trying to hint. That should definitely be taken with a hint of salt, though, and hinting is always doubtful.
Or he could be a wolf hinting to Two-Face.
Or this post (well, the last line anyway) could be a wolf hinting to what she hopes is a two-face hint. Never noticed that before, but as soon as I was looking back at posts I noticed it and went “Whoa....”. And we know Nerwen’s crafty so I’d not put such games past her.

Quote:
Quote:
But I actually did have a point with all this: cobbler hinting is not neccessarily straight forward, and I don't think we should automatically assume Boro's evil.
*shrugs* Oh you want a serious answer? Well, then: wolves and cobblers don't often jump straight in and start hinting away in the very first post of the game. So it probably wasn't a hint. But then again it might be. Or maybe not. Who knows?
Add this to my previous thoughts. As we all know, joking and facetiousness are good masks for actual hinting.

Also, for some reason the fact that she said ‘wolves and cobblers’ rather than ‘wolves’ strikes me; it’s as if she knows Boro isn’t a wolf, so she needs to put up both possibilities. Of course to be fair she could have just been being thorough, but still, my earlier observations stand.

Quote:
Now I am eating a dear little apple named Jonathan.

"Please! Please don't eat me!" Jonathan begged. Alas! He was so crisp and tasty, I swallowed him in half-a-dozen delicious bites.
Poor, poor Jonathan.

Luckily, though, all Jonathan's friends are named Jonathan too, so they'll never know he's missing.
You know, I’m sure this is just a coincidence, but....nah, it’s meta. Doesn’t matter. Still, this is just creepy. (Not wolf creepy, creepy creepy. And hilarious, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Nerwen - I feel uncomfortable with her right now. The more people say she was probably just joking with her "Go wolves!" the more plausible it seems as a cobbler-tactics (or even wolf-tactics)... if you see what I mean. Your tendency to believe it a joke makes it a worthwhile deception.
My thoughts exactly. There’s a fine line between jokes and actual hinting, and since we’re in a madhouse I think it’s safe to say that Nerwen would be a little more cavalier even than usual with her hints, knowing that most people would brush them off as simply being funny.

Quote:
I am getting very concerned about Jonathan now. He is just too sweet and crunchy (all of him). What does he have to hide?

Actually... *assumes serious expression* I'm not sure what we can expect from the current set-up. We've got three unusual factors: two wolves, no Seer, and a tiny village. Would the wolves be able to ignore each other?

That's if we're hunting wolves. We seem to be hunting cobblers toDay. Tally-ho!
Again with this Jonathan the apple business. Can I ask, Nerwen, does this mean something? (As in is it a reference to something? ‘Cause I don’t get it.) And then the ‘what does he have to hide?’ business at the end. What does Nerwen have to say, should be the question.

Yeah, we do. What with less than a dozen people to start with and two wolves in such closed quarters, it’s certainly a different dynamic than we’re used to. But can wolves really ignore each other in any situation? Leave little trace, sure, but in any game no matter what the size wolves will at some point interact. So really there’s not a whole lot to that statement. Sorry, love.

And again, this just feels off to me. “Oooo, let’s go cobbler hunting!” Sounds like something a wolf would say, and again it seems Nerwen’s hiding her role behind a joke.

Quote:
Now that those pesky villagers have been lulled into a false sense of security, right?

Quote:
Yeah, I actually disagree. I think since there are only 2 of them and they do have to survive together a while they would actually be more adament about their trust, they don't want to risk one of them dying so they should be more likely to defend each other.
Ye-es.... only it'll be harder then usual for the wolves to control the lynch this early, and if one dies and leaves a clear trail to the other– game over. (Poor widdle fings)

So I could see them turning on each other, if it came to that... I mean, it depends on who they are, and what happens.

What we should do is ask everyone what they'd do if they were wolves, and the ones who do the exact opposite are the actual wolves.

Like so:

Nerwen: Jonathan, what would you do if you were a wolf?

Jonathan (squeaky voice): Oooo.... let me see... if I were a wolf, Nerwen, I'd be long, squishy, green and tasteless. Definitely.

Nerwen: Whereas you are in fact round, crisp, red and delicious? *voice drips with irony* Oh, how very convenient!
Again with the jokes. Time and a place, Nerwen, time and a place. (Of course this is still the first Day but all of her jokes seem too pointed. Am I just being paranoid?)

This (the bolded bit) also is a nice bit of give and take with Nerwen and Wilwa....possibly between packmates? Then more joking from Nerwen and teasing about the wolves being poor things, etc. Then back to the wolves turning on each other. It seems like hinting to me.

Okay, please forgive the madness, but I’ve got an interesting idea. What if Morsul’s a nutter and decided that the wolves are blind? Well, not blind, but mad, and unable to talk to each other. Like they have to PM through Morsul or something equally odd. This idea came out of nowhere, but it would rather make sense given the theme of the game, and I could see Morsul doing it since there’s not a lot else that’s different about the game. Dunno, just found it interesting.

And of course Nerwen’s obsessed with her little apple friend. Nutter.

So lemme ask you, Nerwen, what would you do if you were a wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I went back to see what Nerwen actually said in the beginning and am a bit less enthusiastic in voting her. What Pitch summed up in his resumé was in a way correct but Nerwen's actual comments are not actually that much driving the discussion towards Boro but more like just reacting to things said just before.

But to see Pitch being the main source of my heightened suspicion of Nerwen makes me actually raise my eyebrow. A coincidence?
So now that we know Pitch was innocent what does that do to your opinions, dear?

And yes, you’re right about Nerwen not driving the discussion. However, she was involved in it to an extent and that’s what a good wolf does; they participate without being too noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Now that's really helpful, thank you. And that right after making a really good point about wolf strategy in this game. (Yes, Nog and wilwa, I've noted your objections, but I'm not quite convinced yet.)
But d'you know what, Nerwen, this mixture of perfect sense and madness is getting on my nerves...
I concur. Nerwen’s simply too smooth. And the fact that Pitch was killed last Night....I think a wolf Nerwen would make the risky kill in hopes that we innocents would think it was a set-up. I wouldn’t put it past her. (Of course it could have nothing to do with his suspicions of her, meh.)

Quote:
Basically, Nogrod's first couple posts gave me a vibe of some vague sort. Loslote is annoyingly agree-able and like 'im going to be helpful!' But so is Sally.

Glirdan seemed like low-radar wolf somehow, and Kitanna seemed like 'I'm going to be the sense in this chaos and skate through silly Day 1 mwaha.'

But Pitchwife could be the same thing.

And Isabel is low-radar skater wolf.
So this may be irrelevant, but in this post she didn’t mention Nerwen. Coincidence? No idea. (In fact, she leaves out Boro, Nerwen, and Wilwa. I’ll go with this more when I analyze Durelin but I find it interesting that one of them was the cobbler and the other two are my two top-ish suspects.)

Quote:
Nerwen is actually quite bothering me right now. She speaks sense, but then won't stop evil bantering - and we're all laughing right with her. I think she's pushing it, and she's one of my top suspects.
And again, I agree. Of course as mentioned before it was only Day One, but people are letting this joking slide when to me it looked more evil than most. I miss Little Lottie, btw. =(

Quote:
No, I think it's suspicious that Nerwen's saying "Oh I'm soooo evil! Haha isn't it hilarious???" and Wilwa's playing along. I doubt if they're both wolves, but I'm pretty sure one is. I think it's Nerwen. Soo...

++Nerwen
And again, Lottie and I agree. (Oooo, and an interesting theory. I could be completely wrong about a Nerwen/Wilwa pairing, and Nerwen’s just trying to set Wilwa up. That’d be a trip.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
What purpose would it serve her, if she were nefarious to go around proclaiming it?
To see if it would be passed off as first Day banter and play?

If she is nefarious and is lynched because of her proclamations; then that would be quite the silly wolf. Or do you supposed she is the Cobbler?
Well yes, it would be silly, but you just proved that it works. Being silly will be seen as either being silly or as being silly to seem silly, which either way will likely be dismissed. You just proved my point. People will dismiss her because no wolf would possibly be that silly.

Quote:
Yeah, and I might have just been having fun. I mean, your "case" against me seems to be based entirely on one early joke-post. Opportunistic, no? And I also don't like the fact that you really went in on me after I mentioned that I was having problems with internet access.
Actually, I’ve been drawing the same conclusions from multiple joke posts. It’s not the jokes that’s a problem, it’s the tone and placement of them. And again, she seems to be trying to make Lottie look bad and thus keep people from listening to her. Seems pretty nasty to me. (Of course with the internet thing, fine, as I completely feel your pain.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen, in reaction to the false sense of security post
Nope. That's a semi-joking accusation. I didn't like the way Wilwa kept repeating that we had plenty of time and nothing to worry about, and I was seeing how she'd react.
Seems pretty flimsy defense to me. Sorry dear, I’m not buying it. Try putting it on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen, after voting Lottie
Like I said, my gut feeling is that she's only the cobbler– but heck, she was a pretty lethal cobbler last time.

Let's hope for the best.
Yes, but last time she was a cursed cobbler. So....erm, nope, not seeing your logic. I think you knew she was innocent and were taking your best opportunity to get her out of the way before people started believing her. (Of course at this point Lottie was dead anyway so it hardly mattered but in appearance how Nerwen voted. Still, she got what she wanted, she did.)

Also, I point to Nog’s #152. He sums up quite a lot of things beautifully, but I’ll not quote it here as I’ve not a lot to add to it.

Quote:
So at this present time I find myself in the situation that I often find myself in. Not having enough suspects. Nog looks good, Pitch looks good, Kit looks good. Izzy and Sally are in my "under the reindeer" category. Dury and Nerwen confuse me, I don't necessarily see them as being suspicious, but I certainly don't trust them either, it's more like I'm having a crazy hard time getting a read on them. Glirdan, well you all know how I feel about him.
And again, Wilwa here looks at Nerwen and then just dismisses her. “Can’t make up my mind. Oh well, moving on....”

Quote:
Anyway...my gut is full of bad feelings for people. Except Sally all of a sudden for some reason. I'm kinda not caring about Glirdan or Wilwa (except for her last post, esp. her first lines which make no sense...I need to go back and look) right now. Isabel is bothersome in her barely existing, and Nerwen...I have no idea. Kitanna is creepy.

Nogrod and Pitch are bothering me. They've both taken opportunities to say how much they thought Loslote was innocent and reasonable. How nice and dandy of you two, but does it matter? Yes yes, you'll say I'm just bitter that I didn't get it right and voted for her...hah! If I was bitter every time I lynched a helpless innocent... Also, Nogrod for his thing on Nerwen's 'yay wolves' comment. Yay innocents = wolf, yay wolves = wolf...
And again, Durelin was very careful not to say anything on Nerwen. Other people are ‘creepy’ or ‘bothersome’ but Nerwen....meh, she doesn’t seem to care. Interesting....

The bolded bit is interesting indeed, and to me quite wolfish. But the bit that interests me is how she dislikes Nog’s ‘case’ on Nerwen. Erm, he didn’t just dislike that one comment....

Quote:
First off, I'd like to say that I'm not sure why this suspicion of Kit (from Nogrod, Sally and Dury), as she hasn't struck me playing evilly, and in fact seems to me one of the most reasonable and useful players.
Quote:
As for Sally herself– in that same post, all her suspicions are variants of "Just seems evil. Yeah." Which is, at best, very lazy playing.
Heh. So because she’s reasonable she’s innocent? Riiiight. I’m going to hazard a guess that Nerwen is (subconsciously, but still) just wanting to keep Kit around because she wants to keep her around. (As in Kit isn’t trying to lynch Nerwen so Nerwen’s not gonna lynch Kit, if that makes sense.) And notice that she then moves on to second some things that Kit’s said. Yeah.

Oh, and this is (as I mentioned before) a point of potential attack. She’s trying to discredit me just like she did with Lottie, and I won’t be standing for it. Nope, nope, not a bit. Neener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen, re: me voting Kit
Which would all be fine– except that I was apparently Sally's top suspect earlier, for some reason, while she was on the fence about Kit– until Nogrod and Dury started going after her and looked like they might vote her.
Erm, if you’ll notice, in my post #172 I said I’d looked at her and my suspicions had increased. I voted for her because in my opinion supporting a possible wolf lynch is better than throwing away a vote on you when I didn’t think it was likely you’d be the lynch of the Day. So again, putting words in my mouth. (Although I can understand the mistake, as I wasn’t able to properly voice my opinions when I voted. Still, who’s being opportunistic now?)

Quote:
So, I'm running out of time here. Out of the people who already have votes, I'll go for

++Sally.

Not liking Glirdan either, but she's started looking even creepier lately.
Oh, so me making a case based on creeps is guilty, but you doing it is all right? I see. Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was very confused. Then again, you’re the one voting an innocent.

Quote:
That's nice, Sally. Do you ever plan to make a genuine case against me, or indeed anyone? Or is it going to remain, "Just, you know, feels evil... *shrug*"

And why am I back at the top of your suspicion-list toDay? Why did you switch from me to Kit yesterDay, and now back again? Well?
Oh, and yours was air-tight. “She’s started looking even creepier lately.” Brilliant reasoning, m’dear. (Then again, Glirdan was also innocent, so voting him wouldn’t have been much better. That’s beside the point.) And you saw my post quite clearly, so again, I say you’re just trying to make me look bad. And of course I’ve explained my thing about you and Kit so I shan’t say it again. *nods sagely*

Quote:
Nerwen: has slipped slightly under my radar, I know lots of people have found some odd stuff with her but I just see regular Nerwen everywhere, I don't really feel strongly about her either way. Kinda the same with Izzy, I read their posts and seem to tend to agree with a lot of what they say, and what I don't agree with doesn't really strike me as suspicious. Unless one of them does something whacko I probably will continue to leave them alone.
I dislike the level of meh in this bit. She can’t see Nerwen as evil and she admits it, which makes me consider the possibility that she’s just blinded, as I don’t think an evil Wilwa would have phrased it like that, but at the same time it makes me question things.

All in all Nerwen jests and expects it to be taken as that, even seems to be laughing at us as if to say ‘see, no matter what I do I can talk myself out of it’. She’s slippery and isn’t saying nearly enough of proper consequence; that and what she does say makes me nauseous. I smell fur.

Nerwen, you wanted me to analyze you? Now you got it. Thanks for helping me to solidify my suspicions against you.

EDIT that's not an edit: x'd since my last, as I just hit 'post reply' and haven't had the chance to read anything else yet. Oh, and may as well make it official....

++Nerwen
Old 03-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #210
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I looked at toDay's posting from an angle of who actually suspects anyone.

Sally seems to suspect Nerwen, Wilwa and Kit (and is confused about Dury).

Wilwa seems to be suspecting indirectly Dury and Sally.

Kit thinks Sally somewhat suspicious and seems to be undecided with Nerwen (Dury & me not done).

Nerwen and Izzy have only jumped on Sally.

Dury hasn't posted toDay.

On the one hand I might say this is also the trust-list of mine - unless that would not be so foolish to take it only by itself. But there is something I think everyone should consider.

Like this quote from the infamous Werewolf for Dummies -handbook.

Chapter II: Playing a wolf.

Part 3 - Social relations.

Rule 1.

Avoid enemies, avoid enemies, avoid enemies...

You can only be killed by the vilagers in a lynch-vote (except in the hands of a hunter, refer to the section 7 "Playing against different hunters") so it is of utmost importance you look agreeable enough to enough many players while not looking too agreeable. The best way to do that is not to step on too many toes at the same time. Pick those few (the one) you suspect carefully, don't suspect too many people at the same time as that makes you unpopular and adds to the chances of
you getting lynched.

Well, it's not as easy as that I'd say. But worth remembering. The wolves will wish to make you feel good, agree with you, play along, not suspect you.

EDIT: X'd with Sally and need to get home... back later.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #211
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nogrod:
Day 1: Post 1: Mentions Nerwen's "go wolves" statement, Durelin's lunch statement, and Lottie's "let's not assume Boro is bad" statement.
Post 2: Pay attention to cobbler remarks now and not just later.
Post 4: Comments on Boro's post, but doesn't read it as a hint.
Post 5: Uncomfortable with Nerwen, confused with Glirdan, Sally is overagreeable, says Durelin is too attention seeking to be a wolf, but is bold enough at the same time, Boro is low-key, Wilwa is probably innocent, nothing on Izzy, I'm possibly a wolf for being calm and collected, feels okay about Pitch and Lottie unless they're in cahoots.
Post 7: Suggests who to look at based on personality.
Quote:
If you look for the reasonable and careful, look for Kit, Boro and Pitch.

If you look for the bold, look for Nerwen or Dury
Says he's baffled by Sally.
Post 9: Says he could vote for me as the wise and careful or could vote for Nerwen because her "go wolves" remark could be an intelligent move for a wolf. Wants to hear more from Pitch and Lottie.
Post 10: Comments on something Pitch said in regards to his "roundabout" response to Nogrod's Lottie-Pitch pairing.
Post 11: Says he was going to vote Nerwen or myself, but thanks to Pitch is reconsidering.
Post 12: Comments that Pitch and Lottie jumped as his mild suspicions of them being a pair. Suggests Pitch could be trying to strike up a friendship with an ordo.
Post 14: Talks about Boro
Post 16: Votes Pitch
Day 2:Post 1: Says the last voters of Lottie could blend in better, hiding their evil sides if they in fact have one.
Quote:
The only competition for Lottie was Wilwa so this could fit those who voted to bring Lottie even and past her. Also if Wilwa is a wolf, the wolves might have felt uneasy with Boro's vote and thus be more inclined to kill him at Night.
However, at this point he doesn't think of Wilwa as that suspicious.
Post 2: Discusses just what had his eyebrows raised on Day 1 in regards to Nerwen. But also why he suspected Pitch.
Post 3: Discusses the votes for Lottie, starting with Durelin who had tied Lottie with Wilwa. States Durelin has never mentioned Wilwa or Nerwen. Points out Glirdan breaks this tie. If I haven't misread says Izzy went after Lottie with determination and Nerwen's vote sealed the deal.
Post 4: Doesn't like that Nerwen voted Lottie though she suspected her only of being the cobbler.
Post 5: Says I give him the creeps.
Post 6: Kitalysis
Post 7: Durelin and Sally could be innocent. Lists why the rest are suspicious.
Post 8: It's between myself and Izzy for him.
Post 9: Votes Izzy after making his case in previous posts.
Day 3:Post 2: Comments that Nerwen and Izzy pressed on Lottie, both voting for her and appear to be doing the same now.
Quote:
Now Sally may be a baddie. And Izzy & Nerwen can be both innocents. But what bothers me is their clear lack of interest to take a wider picture or trying to look outside the box they have chosen to stay in both of them.

Concentrating one's effort on someone who is a good lynch candidate and being careful not to offend or suspect anyone else is just soo wolfy...

Conclusion: Um, almost none. He's been committed and has given plenty to ponder, but I don't see anything wolfish in him or anything truly innocent. I am completely on the fence in regards to Nogrod.

Durelin:
Day 1: Post 2: Pairs her wolves as Nogrod-Lottie, Glirda-Me. Cobblers = everyone else and lynch Sally regardless.
Post 4: Explains grouping.
Quote:
Basically, Nogrod's first couple posts gave me a vibe of some vague sort. Loslote is annoyingly agree-able and like 'im going to be helpful!' But so is Sally.

Glirdan seemed like low-radar wolf somehow, and Kitanna seemed like 'I'm going to be the sense in this chaos and skate through silly Day 1 mwaha.'

But Pitchwife could be the same thing.

And Isabel is low-radar skater wolf.
Post 7: Votes Lottie, but has at least mild suspicions for Sally and Wilwa.
Day 2: Post 3: Says she's not caring for Glirdan or Wilwa, now is that not caring as in no opinion or not caring for them in a "they're evil" way? Says Izzy is bothersome in her quietness and I'm creepy. Seems to suspect Pitch and Nogrod the most.
Post 4: Comments on some of Nogrod's points. One being that I got a free pass for not being a later voter for Lottie and also Izzy's question about vote retraction was interesting.
Post 5: Responds to Sally going after me based on Durelin's "Kit is creepy to me" remark. Says Nogrod and Sally both took this remark as Durelin thought I was sinister.
Post 6: Explains why she thought Pitch was giving free passes. Doesn't know how to vote and doesn't know how she feels about Glirdan (who at this point had a few votes I believe).
Post 7: Sally or Nogrod? Votes Sally
Conclusion: As far as her Day 1 accusations in that first set of groupings go I like how she accuses several people of trying to fly under the radar when she has been doing that. She's been a slippery one so far, keeping low, commenting enough to get by and sticking pretty well to those she suspects. Yet if people (Sally and Nogrod) in particular quote from her she distances herself from them. That's pretty unsettling to me

My top suspects are as follows:
Sally: She's been very vague in her suspicions and abandons suspects for those who seem to be gaining a potential lynch following. Day 1 she votes Wilwa, she had a few "gut feelings" about her. Wilwa had one vote at this point and she was talked about enough that more could have followed. She also asks people to stop looking so much at Wilwa because there are two wolves in the village, but she votes Wilwa...
On Day 2 she votes for me, moving herself off the fence only after Durelin and Nogrod calls me creepy. At the time of her vote there was a 50-50 chance Nogrod would also vote for me.
Izzy: She's a vague one too. As Nogrod put it she doesn't try to get on anyone's bad side really. This sort of vague playing and going on gut feelings after Day 1 (as Sally has done) is a good way for a wolf to hide. However, if Sally is a wolf I'd say Izzy isn't (and vice versa) because it seems unlikely that both wolves would be so non-committal.
Durelin: She's been just active and reasonable enough to garner attention, but not to actually gain much momentum as a lynch choice. As I said above, yesterday she distanced herself from Nogrod and Sally when they began quoting her. I find that an interesting move.

I'll be back a few hours before deadline to vote.

x-posted with Sally and Nogrod
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #212
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Interesting. On D1 Nerwen and Izzy made a joint cross-examination of Lottie and that led to her lynch. Now they are again together pressing on Sally... That looks so like team-effort - or the other trying to please the other sharing the points and creating a good feeling & an illusion of "mutual understanding".

Like I said, I'm not as yet convinced they both are wolves, but the way they "hunt together" one target at the time sure raises eyebrows...

I'd rather noticed that too. Of course it could be unintentional on one of their parts but you never know. It seems too easy, but I'd love for it to be so.

Also, go Kit on the epic post. Now get some rest. *gives tea and cookies*

As I mentioned before (although I just posted it so whoops on my part heh) I found them both a threat, but decided that taking a marginal risk to lynch Kit was better for the village than me wasting a vote on Nerwen when I wasn't sure anyone else would vote her. I voted for the lesser of two evils (if you will) with hopes of catching any evil at all. Does that make more sense?

EDIT: x'd since my last
Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #213
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A quick note.

Nerwen and I are not hunting together Nog.
I have no more idea to her alignment as I do anyone else's.

Your insistence that I have only focused on a single person each day is wrong. Which leads me to believe that you are picking and choosing specific details regarding people, to set-up your vote to make it look better. Who would need to set-up their vote? Wolves only.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #214
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry to be a pain, but I've a headache coming on and I'll be needed more later tonight than I will be right now. I'm going to pop off for a bit, but I'll be back.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #215
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
commenting enough to get by and sticking pretty well to those she suspects
Oh my, really? And according to Wilwa I'm in trouble for changing my mind about Sally.

You're reading me the wrong way, Kit. You read perhaps the most into my posts of anyone's (and mine are the shortest and the fewest! maybe that's why?) You're grasping but you're not grasping as much as some. Like Wilwa and...

Sally acting like a wolf under some pressure?

Nogrod still bugs me. He seems more agreeable than usual (in a trying to be nice and pleasant sort of sense), but I haven't really agreed with him much. And he just discussed how the wolves would try to be as pleasant as possible and stick to suspecting the fewest people possible. Hm.

I am getting similar feelings from Isabel and Nerwen (similar between them, not similar to Nog), but don't particularly suspect them right now, actually. And that's bugging me, too.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #216
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Sally acting like a wolf under some pressure?

I'm under some pressure where? And I'm acting like a wolf where?

Thought not. Thanks for sharing though. Here, have a cookie.

You do have a point about Nog, strangely enough. I'm rather frightened by how much we're agreeing. *hides in her hidey hole*
Old 03-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Your insistence that I have only focused on a single person each day is wrong.
Nope. I haven't said that.

I said you and Nerwen made a co-cross examination on Lottie on D1 and it looked like you were doing the same toDay. In any case after your interrogation was over Lottie was more or less done with - and same looks true toDay for Sally.

Also you can't quite honestly say you have been suspecting people left and right. "Timid" would be the word to suit the spread of your suspicions. You have been careful not to suspect too many people at the same time (which is different thing to say that you have only suspected one person per Day - which I didn't say).

Add to that, that I said I'm not thinking it is somewhat plain simple you two guys are the wolves. I would actually be surprised if you were even though I don't think it impossible. But I could bet quite a lot one of you is a wolf.

Sally's spicy defence and attack does make me wonder though...

Heh, Dury: are you claiming that I have not suspected people? Well you said you haven't read the thread so maybe you should then not comment on that kind of issues? Read the thread first and come back then with your opinion whether I have played it safe or not, or trying to please everyone or not.

With all love, that is. But really. You just couldn't make that kind of claim if you had read the thread. Sorry.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #218
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally's spicy defence and attack does make me wonder though...
I'm spicy am I? Oooo, lovely.

(No really, though, what do you mean? 'Cause you're too young for me, mate. I'm saving myself for a nice older gentleman, not some overgrown Finnish kid. Aaaand now I'm gonna run away before someone shoots me.)

I need dinner. Oh, and Wilwa? I'm making muffins tonight. Just thought that might entertain you.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #219
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Somethging that caught my eye from Sally's post on Nerwen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Yeah, and I might have just been having fun. I mean, your "case" against me seems to be based entirely on one early joke-post. Opportunistic, no? And I also don't like the fact that you really went in on me after I mentioned that I was having problems with internet access.
Actually, I’ve been drawing the same conclusions from multiple joke posts. It’s not the jokes that’s a problem, it’s the tone and placement of them. And again, she seems to be trying to make Lottie look bad and thus keep people from listening to her. Seems pretty nasty to me. (Of course with the internet thing, fine, as I completely feel your pain.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen, in reaction to the false sense of security post
Nope. That's a semi-joking accusation. I didn't like the way Wilwa kept repeating that we had plenty of time and nothing to worry about, and I was seeing how she'd react.
Seems pretty flimsy defense to me. Sorry dear, I’m not buying it. Try putting it on eBay.
The underlined parts are the ones that bother me here big time.

First: "Yeah, and I might have just been having fun". Well yeah. But if you were just having fun and you are innocent would you have phrased it like that? Maybe we go here into language issues and I'm no native speaker but to my eyes that looks more like avoiding things or trying to take a cloak of an innocent than plain being one.

Secondly: "I was seeing how she'd react". Okay. It's an old and sometimes working idea to test someone you suspect by making an attack or open suspicion and waiting to see how the one you suspect reacts to that. But you said the reason for that "trial" was the fact that you didn't like how wilwa repeated her optimism. Now how come I get the feeling this is an explanation invented afterwards?

Also I'm a bit confused with that case for "you went on me after I said I had internet problems". Some of us have internet problems, some of us live in different timezones (you Nerwen should know that!), some of us have more time while some of us have busier days, some of us have time to use for this in the afternoon, others in the evening and some at night etc. So I don't think you can say there's immunity from suspicion for anyone who fits one or another restriction? If there was such a restriction you could fex. never lynch me in these American-run games as I always have to sign off hours before the DL.

And there really is a difference between evilly timed suspicions made at the crucial moment or giving the final blow to someone who has just about cleared her/himself from the edge at the last minute (I know that from experience... *coughRoacoug*) and making points when one has time for it. (I'm not claiminng anything on behalf of Sally here, I'm just stating my feeling of you over-reacting to Sally's suspicions).

Sally: I mean that you dropped off that joking mask and started really working to both show your innocence and even more to show Nerwen's guilt. And that was a huge effort, everyone can see that. So that made me wonder whether you have reason to invest more in this game you usually do... and being a Batman I think is no option with you in this case. You make just too much noise to work in the best interests of the asylum as the one who would need to stay alive both Days and Nights. So a wolf then? Or just one who suddenly decided to give her best effort?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #220
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oooo, good thoughts, Noggins....

Quote:
Sally: I mean that you dropped off that joking mask and started really working to both show your innocence and even more to show Nerwen's guilt. And that was a huge effort, everyone can see that. So that made me wonder whether you have reason to invest more in this game you usually do... and being a Batman I think is no option with you in this case. You make just too much noise to work in the best interests of the asylum as the one who would need to stay alive both Days and Nights. So a wolf then? Or just one who suddenly decided to give her best effort?
Well to be honest I was just going to go through and have a think. But I was quite comfy in bed and figured I may as well prove to Nerwen that I suspected her for a reason, discredit her attempts to discredit me. And as you know I can be very loud and participatory even as an ordo, and have on a few occasions. I plan to make a whole lot more noise in this game, actually, because I've got the time and I'm in a state where I can just sit and chatter, then load up epic posts if I care to. I won't be every Day, of course, but toDay I'm feeling under the weather so I thought I'd be of help to the village while I can. Pitch did the same thing, after all. And you know me, I like to make noise.

(And not that I'm saying I am, but why can't I be Batman? Did I miss someone reveal? 'Cause I think until then we should keep quiet about all things flying rodent related. I'm far too old to have nightmares about vampires. Except, of course, if I ever lame out and watch Twilight, then they'll never cease. I get your point but one who always acts the same as a role is one who doesn't keep their role very long. I'm different every game, at least to some extent, so I could be anything. (Well, anything good, that is, 'cause I'm certainly not a crap sack of fur.) Just sayin'.)

Definitely the latter then. No ulterior motives here, or at least none the innocents need to worry about. The wolves, on the other hand, should fear and respect. I may send them cookies, after all, and I really don't cook very well. *shifty eyes* After all, Nerwen did win my game, and I do owe her a batch, so, ya know....

Yeah, I know. I've gone mad. But it's okay. We're all mad here.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 03-08-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: cleared up my syntax a bit
Old 03-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #221
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

K, kiddos, I'm out for a while. Going to be on Durie-alysis while I'm away so hopefully I'll be back with hot muffins and a really good grip on Durelin's role.

And here we go. *poofs*
Old 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM   #222
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

My bedtime is closing in... so a few thoughts before a vote.

As Wilwa said on D1, we have/had four Days to get it right. Now we have failed twice. If we fail toDay the wolves need only to succeed toMorrow to win the game. And on that situation (toMorrow that is) they only need one innocent vote to another innocent to win openly with plain numbers.

So we should really get it right toDay.

I don't basically trust anyone of you right now. Maybe Dury a bit for her blatant admission she doesn't read the thread.

I thought yesterDay Sally was more innocent than not, being her over playful self doing all that nonsense, but her effort toDay - and kind of forced-looking playfulness - has made me suspect her.

I still think Nerwen is high on my suspicion list for things I've said already - and some of Sally's points were actually legitimate.

Also I think Izzy is too careful. Mainly suspecting just the "easy targets" and defending herself. Not constructive play for a villager.

Wilwa's posting has been careful as well. And she has been flying under my radar thus far. A thing I sadly can't help at this point on the Day but will try to correct if I'm alive toMorrow. If she is a wolf I will curse myself for I have suspected her in most of the games after her comeback and she has mainly been just a well-meaning ordo who has tried to open the conversation. BUt maybe she's a bit more careful this time? I can't say.

Kit is the enigma this time. I do appreaciate her analysis and her effort - and her reasonableness. And that's just the thing that bothers me still. In a way I think if she is a wolf she really has earned her possible victory. That would be an outstanding performance.

My nightmare scenario: the wolves are Wilwa and Kit... If it is that we will probably lose.

But toDay, it will be Sally, Nerwen or Izzy as my vote.
*Goes to have a cigarette and to see if anyone gives an input meanwhile*

EDIT: X'd with Sally X 2
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, Nog, you know how I feel. I'd much prefer Nerwen, as of your top three I know I'm innocent and I'm not entirely sold on Izzy being guilty. Also, I think killing Nerwen will tell us a lot more than we could learn from anyone else.

Besides. You don't want to kill me. I'm the other guard, and without me you're all in deep trouble. AND TAKE THAT CIGARETTE OUTSIDE!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #224
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The cigarette didn't solve the problem and it did solve it...

I really can't say who's the most suspicious but a lynch - or the process of how the lynch developes - might serve other ends as well. And with some luck we can get it right anyway, it's 2/5 anyway.

++ Nerwen

This way there will be something to read toMorrow, no matter who gets finally lynched.

EDIT: X'd with Sally again.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
AND TAKE THAT CIGARETTE OUTSIDE!
The guard... wait, you... didn't let me out... I'd be happy to be outside this asylum indeed!

(I do smoke on the balcony RL - who would like to have the stench in their home? Even if it was just normal in the seventies... )
Old 03-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #226
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay... I'll answer Nogrod and Sally together, then.
Quote:
Also, for some reason the fact that she said ‘wolves and cobblers’ rather than ‘wolves’ strikes me; it’s as if she knows Boro isn’t a wolf, so she needs to put up both possibilities.
Um... why would I have "needed" to, in that case? And Lottie thought (correctly) that he was a cobbler, so it seemed relevant.

And... much of the rest of Sally's post is: "Ooo, she defended herself against Lottie! She joked about Jonathan apples on Day One! Eeevilll!"

And finally, her defence of her voting yesterDay... I don't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally, toDay
Erm, if you’ll notice, in my post #172 I said I’d looked at her and my suspicions had increased. I voted for her because in my opinion supporting a possible wolf lynch is better than throwing away a vote on you when I didn’t think it was likely you’d be the lynch of the Day.
You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally, yesterDay
I'm thinking Kit; not only do I suspect her*, it appears others do too. Reassures me that I'm not completely crazy (or that others are too, but then again....) so I'm willing to take the risk as she's one of my top suspects.
And yet, before that you had simply been ambiguous about her.

Quote:
Oh, so me making a case based on creeps is guilty, but you doing it is all right? I see. Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was very confused. Then again, you’re the one voting an innocent.
I had already given my reasons for voting you at that point. And thanks for letting us all know you're innocent.

Quote:
First: "Yeah, and I might have just been having fun". Well yeah. But if you were just having fun and you are innocent would you have phrased it like that?
I was replying to an accusation of Lottie's (I think– this is from memory) where she said I "might" have been doing such-and-such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Secondly: "I was seeing how she'd react". Okay. It's an old and sometimes working idea to test someone you suspect by making an attack or open suspicion and waiting to see how the one you suspect reacts to that. But you said the reason for that "trial" was the fact that you didn't like how wilwa repeated her optimism.
Yes, exactly. What's your point? I suspected her somewhat, so I was testing her– already said so.

Quote:
Also I'm a bit confused with that case for "you went on me after I said I had internet problems". Some of us have internet problems, some of us live in different timezones (you Nerwen should know that!), some of us have more time while some of us have busier days, some of us have time to use for this in the afternoon, others in the evening and some at night etc.
I'm pretty sure I only mentioned that once, and only because I was in fact struck by the timing of her rather sudden attack on me.

Quote:
I'm just stating my feeling of you over-reacting to Sally's suspicions).
Look– why am I over-reacting? I asked her if she was ever going to make a proper case. She's spent most of the game making vague accusations, based on "feelings", and her vote yesterDay certainly required an explanation.

Edit:X'd since Nogrod at #219.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #227
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I wonder if it is Nogrod and Sally? Would they play that openly? But then no-one else is seeming that suspicious to me at the moment.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #228
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I wonder if it is Nogrod and Sally? Would they play that openly? But then no-one else is seeming that suspicious to me at the moment.
Oh, I so wish....but alas, no. Innocent as the spring rain outside of Los Angeles.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #229
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Look– why am I over-reacting? I asked her if she was ever going to make a proper case. She's spent most of the game making vague accusations, based on "feelings", and her vote yesterDay certainly required an explanation.
You might be right about the overall picture, but what I meant there was your "fury" at Sally making points of you when you had internet problems. That particular annoyance to me was over-reacting.

Not to say that I have used to you being more wide-minded person. Now it seems you're happy with just bashing Sally.

Of whom I need to say the following: her way of trying to talk me over there just a few moments ago (like the last three-four posts) looks suspicious to me indeed.

But with you two votes ahead maybe we'll finally see some action that would help us toMorrow.

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen & Sally
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

AND NO-ONE BETTER PLAY IGNORAMUS TODAY!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #231
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The cigarette didn't solve the problem and it did solve it...

I really can't say who's the most suspicious but a lynch - or the process of how the lynch developes - might serve other ends as well. And with some luck we can get it right anyway, it's 2/5 anyway.

++ Nerwen

This way there will be something to read toMorrow, no matter who gets finally lynched.

EDIT: X'd with Sally again.
Good decision, I must say. Hopefully we're right (we better be!) and hopefully the others see our (or my, or your, or any at all) reason about her. And if we are wrong (which I'm thinking we're not, but nothing is sure until it's proven) we'll learn quite a bit about others in our little asylum. Oh, and cigarettes are evil.

Quote:
The guard... wait, you... didn't let me out... I'd be happy to be outside this asylum indeed!

(I do smoke on the balcony RL - who would like to have the stench in their home? Even if it was just normal in the seventies... )
*headdesks* Dear, it's fenced in. You still can't get out. Sorry to spoil your....erm, trip. Now come inside and I'll give you a nice homemade brownie.

(On another topic I find that very good of you. I mean, it's your home and all, but that's a very good choice indeed, especially if you have guests who don't like the smell of smoke. And, alas, not being around in the 70's, I don't know, but I'll believe it anyway.)

EDIT: x'd with some Nog
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #232
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
AND NO-ONE BETTER PLAY IGNORAMUS TODAY!
No reason why, but I got the funniest mental picture just now....

Off to work on my post about Durelin. I trust no one will suspect me for being productive? Back later.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #233
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

What else, then? I find it likely Sally's a wolf, now... no, not just because she voted me. And again, the way she and Nog support each other, yet keep claiming to find each other a bit suspicious...

Other possibilities:

Sally + Dury? Sally did get the lynch-Kit idea from her. However, it's true she only really questioned why Kit was apparently getting a free pass, and the other two took it from there.

Sally + Wilwa? That would be very bold playing, but then she does keep saying Wilwa is "suspicious... but not enough to vote..."

Sally + Kit would be bolder yet, to the point of being highly unlikely. I suppose anything's possible, though.

Sally + Izzy? Meh... I'll have to go back and look.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.

EDIT:words left out.

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #234
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
What else, then? I find it likely Sally's a wolf, now... no, not just because she voted me. And again, the way she and Nog support each other, yet keep claiming to find each other a bit suspicious...

Other possibilities:

Sally + Dury? Sally did get the lynch-Kit idea from her. However, it's true only really questioned why Kit was apparently getting a free, and the other two took it from there.

Sally + Wilwa? That would be very bold playing, but then she does keep saying Wilwa is "suspicious... but not enough to vote..."

Sally + Kit would be bolder yet, to the point of being highly unlikely. I suppose anything's possible, though.

Sally + Izzy? Meh... I'll have to go back and look.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.

Wow. Erm, that's just....so very wrong. First of all, that no one can be a wolf without me. (I feel so important!) Second of all that I've voted Wilwa before and have said on at least one occasion said I'd happily vote for her again. I suspected Kit on my own, certainly before Durelin brought her up, and Izzy and Kit....well, I've not said anything exceptionally conclusive (about Izzy anyway) so if she is a wolf I will admittedly look bad, but not because I'm her partner, but because I'm crazy. You're grasping at straws, I'm afraid, and bad straws at that.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #235
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
You might be right about the overall picture, but what I meant there was your "fury" at Sally making points of you when you had internet problems. That particular annoyance to me was over-reacting.
Nogrod, that was something I said to Lottie on Day One– and I dropped it when she said she hadn't noticed. Besides, I don't recall my tone at the time as being one of "fury" either.

Quote:
Not to say that I have used to you being more wide-minded person. Now it seems you're happy with just bashing Sally.
My "bashing"– as you call it– of Sally toDay was just asking her to make a proper case and explain herself. That's "bashing"? Really.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #236
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
My "bashing"– as you call it– of Sally toDay was just asking her to make a proper case and explain herself. That's "bashing"? Really.
Considering that I've already done so and you won't leave me alone, yeah, a bit. (Of course I wouldn't have used that exact word, but you are picking on me a bit.)

*sniffs* Oooo, I smell a nervous wolfie. *grins* Now where's her partner?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #237
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Wow. Erm, that's just....so very wrong. First of all, that no one can be a wolf without me.
I said I think it's likely you're a wolf, and I'm looking at possible partners for you based on that theory. Interesting you read it that way.

Quote:
(I feel so important!) Second of all that I've voted Wilwa before and have said on at least one occasion said I'd happily vote for her again. I suspected Kit on my own, certainly before Durelin brought her up, and Izzy and Kit....well, I've not said anything exceptionally conclusive (about Izzy anyway) so if she is a wolf I will admittedly look bad, but not because I'm her partner, but because I'm crazy. You're grasping at straws, I'm afraid, and bad straws at that.
Nope, just trying to look at possibilities.

–I notice that you don't mention Nogrod in any of this.

EDIT:X'd with Sally.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #238
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I took Johnathan the Apple to be either a reference to the type of apple such as Granny Smith or Golden Delicious; or a reference to Johnny Appleseed.

Apples have worms to hide.

I find it disconcerting that Sally perhaps one of the people in these games that jokes the most, is getting on Nerwen's case about joking.

Perhaps I am blinded by the humor, but I just find all of it funny. If there is an ulterior motive to Nerwen's joking, then bravo?

The last time that I can recall someone asking another person what would they do if they were wolf. I believe it was wolfNog asking Nerwen. Or did Nerwen turn out to be the wolf. I forget which game it was, but it occurred.

Sally's case against Nerwen to me looks like a vendetta, where she has written Nerwen off as wolf, and is thusly fitting the facets of what Nerwen has said into that mold. That is backwards Wolf hunting. You should be judging the actions first not fitting them to a preconceived mold.

The entire situation I do not like. Nerwen has seemingly sat back while others seem to argue for her, perhaps mostly me. Then add to the mix where Nogrod says we are hunting together. Are you not doing pretty much the same with other people?

I would not call my interactions with Sally before this post jumping on her, Nog. She used a Rudolph reference which made no sense what so ever. She claimed that she knew Nerwen's role if she had one, which as I said before - there are only two known roles left in the game. Seeing as Sally did not vote for Nerwen yesterDay, that can only be left to assume that Sally thought Nerwen could be the Ranger. Which is an absurd thing to do. Unless the entire thing was a stunt on Sally's part, be her wolf or no - still inexcusable from the light side of the village. Yet toDay she says she does not think that. And has decided to ignore the entire deal toDay.

I believe it is quite the opposite Nog if you had read my rundown of all the players yesterDay, I suspected mostly everyone.

Keep quiet about all things batman related Sally? You already were not quiet about it..

X'd with Sally x2 and Nerwen x2.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #239
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I notice that you don't mention Nogrod in any of this.
Well to be honest it's 'cause I'm honestly trying to pull myself away from the computer and Nog wasn't in that post, so I didn't say anything about him.

Gah, I need to be productive on so many levels. Hopefully I'll really leave now.

EDIT: x'd with Izzy. And Johnny Appleseed was my first idea, but it's an American thing, and it's spelled differently, so I assumed I was wrong.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #240
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I am beginning to think I am in the Twilight Zone...

This apple talk makes me want an apple.