The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #121
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
And for heaps of fun, just find "all threads started by user" for anybody and go to the earliest ones. I have some that are particularly cringeworthy and poorly written.
Oh please, don't suggest that! I'm going to be awakened in the middle of the night now by a violent spasm of cringing. (*cringe*)

Quote:
Most of us did not take as much pride in our posts when we were young wights. It was before we found out how great the Downs was- a site worthy of our best efforts.
Yes, that has to be a part of it. But another factor, in my case at least, was that I just grew the hell up. Some at least.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:03 AM   #122
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I actually think I degressed. I was going back to some of my first posts (for example on Fordim's The Road and the Ring) and the CBC threads and all these other analyzing posts. Now I'm like strictly Crazy Captions and Werewolf...they sure take up your time I'll tell you.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #123
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Now I'm like strictly Crazy Captions and Werewolf...they sure take up your time I'll tell you.
True. They gobble up time than I will food this Thanksgiving. (Well, maybe not that much.)

You guys are right. When I was a newer member, I didn't really understand what was going on, and didn't care what I said near so much. I can definitely say I've matured(Not sure that just saying it makes it true though. ). Although, I must say that I think I post a lot less 'deep' posts now , and can be found in Mirth more often than not. I'd really like to put in more Books posts, but it's sometimes difficult to get involved in those(when you haven't read the books in a while), and especially when you're addicted to Werewolf!
Old 11-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #124
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I actually think I degressed. I was going back to some of my first posts (for example on Fordim's The Road and the Ring) and the CBC threads and all these other analyzing posts. Now I'm like strictly Crazy Captions and Werewolf...they sure take up your time I'll tell you.
Ouch. *cringe*
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote