The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 10:37 PM   #41
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

*sigh* I have so little hope that they'll leave the Saruman/Gandalf confrontation at Isengard close to the book, or cool at all. "Saruman, you missed your path in life...." "Later! When you have the keys of Barad-dûr and the staffs of the Five Wizards...." "I think that even if we had raided the tower and searched, we would have found few treasures as great as this *scream* Saruman thinks so too..." (paraphazing 'cause I don't have the book with me) Like any of those will be in the EE. With what I've heard of it and seen in pictures...the trivia pursuit game comes out and says who kills Gríma...*sigh*

I've heard of some stuff of more things with Arwen at Rivendell building up to the Paths of the Dead. She's reading some books and sees stuff about the Paths and wants Daddy to go warn Arry (at least she doesn't go ). Evidence of this is that the page on the book she's reading is different when she slumps on her bed than when the book hits the ground.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #42
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
White Tree *Warning, long post*

Quote:
*The Wizard Confrontation & Saruman & Grima's deaths
Definitely. I imagine Grima will throw the Palantír, and the group will ignore it at first, and then Pippin will be curious about the light, whereas in the original, cut version he looked at it as if he never saw it before. Grima will kill Saruman after Saruman reveals that Grima poisoned Theodred. Then Legolas will fire the arrow that kills Wormtongue.

Quote:
*House of Healing scenes (& plenty of them), including a lot more development between Faramir & Éowyn
The houses of healing are different from that scene with Aragorn comforting Éowyn on that bed in Meduseld, the bed with the Ram’s head decoration! So what was the scene with Aragorn comforting Éowyn? In the extras on the wimpy RotK DVD, it shows her bed being set in the middle of Meduseld with NO ONE else around!

Quote:
*The Mouth of Sauron
Upon the first pass of the movie, I barely paused to remember that they didn’t have the Mouth there. But the second viewing and subsequent DVD viewings provide an obvious gap! The gates open, and then you see a shot of Aragorn, looking very much like he’s mounting Brego again, and he’s carrying his sword. Then when he raises his sword during his inspiration speech, there’s blood on it. (Orc/black-looking blood?) And it’s also apparent that the line “for Frodo” is as if in tribute to him, meaning that the Mouth showed them the Mithril vest and other tokens which made them think Frodo was dead. So the question is, where does the body of the Mouth go to? There’s a very wide shot of the orcs pouring forth from the Gate as the heroes ride back to the troops, and there’s no body of the Mouth there anywhere. Horse either. We have, by the way, a good idea of what he looks like based on the action figure pictures you can view from TheOneRing.net’s posting about the toy set, and from the video game if you’ve played it.

Quote:
*The 'bridge scene' between Arwen & Elrond
I forgot about that one, but it doesn’t look as if it will provide too much more to the movie. Perhaps Arwen, worrying that she’s already made her choice, and that if Sauron prevails, she will be captured? That’s what I deduce, based on the preview’s line “You gave away your life’s grace. I cannot protect you anymore.”

Quote:
*Epilouge by Galadriel
Um...no, I don’t think they’ll have that. We saw that in the script’s alleged last pages that were circulated around the internet, but that was not a real version. There were too many endings already anyway, to hear some tell it, and it would be too awkward to shift from Frodo’s narration, which continues in segments throughout the ending, to Galadriel’s.

Quote:
*Expanded role of the Watchers at Minas Morgul? (After watching it again, I noticed that they only show them, then switch to Sam already past them, entering into the actual stronghold, so there's a good possibility that they'll stick in more of the Watchers)
I noticed that my first time through! And having played the video game, you see the same thing. Sam prepares to enter the tower, and the Watcher’s eyes (blank and hollow when you first see them in the film) light up red. Then the view changes, and the Watcher is once again back in place, and Sam is further in the corridor.

Quote:
*Perhaps a short battle with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, & the Dead Army vs. the Corsairs? That's not so likely, but it's still possible...
There’s a couple of pictures that would indicate this is so. There’s a rumor that Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli barely make it out in time to avoid an avalanche of skulls. (Ew) And there’s even a shot of Aragorn in what appears to be post-PotD, that cut we’ve probably all seen of Aragorn looking grief-stricken, kneeling, and Legolas putting his hand on Aragorn’s shoulder (while holding his bow!). There’s also some concept art in the Art of RotK that would indicate some footage takes place at the harbor, where they battle the priates.

Quote:
*Witch King vs. Gandalf, with Gandalf's staff being broken by the Witch King's awesome mace .
I don’t know what to make about Gandalf supposedly losing his staff. It’s true, we do not see him with it afterwards, and we know there was a confrontation, but Gandalf later has his staff at the Grey Havens. Don’t the Elves ever get tired of replacing the careless pilgrim’s walking stick? ;-)

Quote:
*Aragorn killing the cauliflower-head 'orc', aka: 'Gothmog'. I can't wait to see the character that shouldn't have been in RotK get knocked off (especially after the rock missed him...)!
If anyone watched the ABC/NBC whatever documentary (should have been included on the DVD!), you can see that Aragorn and Gimli team up to defeat the “cauliflower head”.

Quote:
Also Merry and Theoden.
Yep, I wonder how much further that relationship will play out, beyond the offering of the sword.

Quote:
*Denethor revealing that he has a palantir.

*Eomer discovering Eowyn on the battlefield.
I wonder about the first one. They released a card that showed a picture of what looked like Denethor holding the Palantír, and I agree the chamber he glared out of when the beacons were successfully lit looked like a private Orthanc-like chamber. Uncertain about the Palantír. Probably they will use Éomer finding Éowyn. I heard a pre-RotK rumor that someone saw the raw cut of this, and even though there was no music, Karl Urban’s performance would supposedly make us cry. Little did they know how many other moments there would be like this.

Quote:
I was hoping that this would be in the Extended Edition but, having watched the theatrical version on DVD the other day, I am now doubtful. Jackson avoided Sam using the Ring because he wanted the audience to think that it had been taken by the Orcs who had captured Frodo right up to the moment when Sam reveals it. So, assuming he wants to maintain this approach in the EE, Sam would have to use some other way of getting past the Watchers.
I believe that Sam used only the Phial to get past the Watchers.

Quote:
think that the others mentioned are all pretty likely. I was wondering whether the Mouth of Sauron will appear as the gates open (before Aragorn and co withdraw back to the main force) or whether this will happen once Aragorn's army is encircled. Watching the film again, the latter seems more likely.
That’s another idea, and one I hadn’t considered. It would make a little sense, since we don’t see where the carcass of Mouth went. But I’m still of the opinion that he comes out of the Gate first. If you read what I wrote above, the sequencing is hard to ignore. Plus, while not basing too much on the video game, that’s what happens in it.

Quote:
Incidentally, I wonder whether the Mouth will have the Mithril Shirt, given that the Orc most likely to have carried it back to Sauron (Shagrat, I think), gets skewered by Sam.
He does in the game, and that would be the only thing that would explain why they believe Frodo is dead. Also, what other purpose would the Mouth serve, if he didn’t have tokens to show them?

Quote:
This changes the story dramatically for me. No Ring Bearing for Sam, no final trip to the West before he dies to see Frodo again. And indeed, movie Frodo left on the LAST ship to the West. (That's why Celeborn was on it as well)
Fact is, they were just plain wrong that it was the last one. I mean, the characters themselves. Sam DID later cross, as did Legolas and Gimli. We just didn’t see it. Like Bombadil.

Quote:
The trailer shows Eomer crying over an older man with shoulder length hair, and I have read that is GAMLING. I sure as heck hope that it's not Gamling, if it is I might go mad.
Watch closely, you’ll see that you ONLY see golden hair. And really, it looks shiny enough to be Éowyn’s. I believe a member of this board once made the point that Éomer wouldn’t be so grief-stricken by the fall of his uncle...he would have doubtlessly expected that, knowing the peril of their march. But great grief would beset him upon finding his own sister wounded on the battlefield, when he thought they left her back at Dunharrow. In fact, it could be argued that Éomer and/or fellow troops and/or Théoden were fighting simply because they knew or thought that Éowyn was with the rest, and that that remnant of their people is what they were fighting for. And then to find the very people you were fighting for on the battlefield, and wounded, that’s what might prompt Éomer to be so emotional about it.

Quote:
don't know about the rest of you but I cannot wait to see movie-Gothmog sliced apart by Aragorn
Aragorn drives Andúril through Gothmog’s back, I believe...

Quote:
Despite the lack of this, I'm still hopeful that they will include the grand feast in Gondor at the end of the film. But will the Elves be there?
VERY doubtful. Again, because of the ending, which does kind of slowly dwindle, in movie terms.

Quote:
Think you that there may be a possibility that we see the statue of the king that Frodo goes past? I'm sure I've seen stills of that somewhere...
Yes! The Journey to the Crossroads, I forgot about it. They definitely shot it, there’s material about it in the visual companion and photo guide. They even title the opening scene with Frodo and Sam Journey to the Crossroads, even though there is absolutely nothing to indicate anything other than the continuing journey into Mordor, and nothing about crossroads.

Quote:
I really want to see Merry and Éowyn on their way to the Houses of Healing...Merry in particular. That part of the book was heartbreaking for me.
I can imagine a scene where Éowyn and Théoden are carried into the city amidst great grief from the Rohirrim soldiers, similar to the feeling of Theodred’s funeral. And Merry walking slowly behind, neglected. But I don’t think they had the journey into the city filmed or used. I imagine we just cut to the Houses.

Quote:
I think it is more likely that Eomer will be crying over Eowyn due to it was in the book. I don't remember if he actually wept over her, but he was the one to find her. (I think)
Yep, and then he was in a very dark mood when he rode off to join the battle.

Quote:
The return of Bill the Pony, it has to be on EE or I shall cry.
*Sigh* Kitanna, break out the tissues.

Quote:
I saw a clip of them filming the scene where Sam has to throw his pots away.... I hope that's in the EE!

Houses of Healing too of course, and maybe Beregond?
He probably dispenses with his pots at the same time as his orc-armor. Houses of Healing is a definite, but I think we can forget about Beregond. :-\

Quote:
I expect that PJ and crew will add about 5 more endings on to the movies.
I highly doubt that! But he might extend the ones he has.

Quote:
hopefully a lot more fighting. I just get an adrenaline rush before During Theodens speach.
I hope there’s more fighting too! I think Théoden’s speech has to be the all-time greatest movie moment in history. I get chills every time I think about, listen to the music for, or watch, from the Horns blowing, all the way to the end of the battle. I can’t believe PJ left off some fighting at, like, Amon Hen for instance! I read in the Trivial Pursuit game that the original FotR rough cut was 4 ½ hours long! He said audiences think fights get tedious pretty quick, but I don’t think so!!

Quote:
On another Sam note, do you think that Galadriel's prolouge will include what happens to the members of the Fellowship?
Who says there will even BE one? Have I missed something?

Quote:
so im goinfg to assume tat the mouth of sauron will be in the movie...
they will show sam becomeing mayor
(because thats a question in the Trivial Pursuit Game)
Saruman of many colors...
wormtounges death
wormtounge throwing the palantir at them
houses of healing
something with merry kneeling in front of eomer is shown
gandalf vs. the witchking....also i think the mouth of sauron will be b4 they are encircled and this is y.......
when i saw it in theatres...when aragorn says "for frodo" in front of the black gates look a way in front and to the left...there seems to be something shiny which i believe is the mithril shirt...perhaps in my excitement i was just seeiing things......
Yes on the Mouth, as we’ve discussed. I’m doubtful Sam will be shown as mayor...yes on Saruman and Wormtongue, and Houses of Healing. Merry knelt before Théoden...Aragorn already had blood on his sword, as I mentioned, so he slew the Mouth prior to the orcs issuing forth.

Quote:
It makes sense that the Witch King breaks Gandalf's staff, given that he tells Gothmog before the battle that he will break the Wizard. It seems strange, though, that they left this line in the theatrical version once they decided to leave out the confrontation with Gandalf.
It doesn’t make sense if Gandalf later appears with it at the Grey Havens....

Quote:
Maybe, but Elrond also stated that Arwen was taking 'the last ship', & then another one showed up at the end
Say by the way! In TTT, it showed Elrond watching as the Elves, including Arwen, walked out the gate. That’s not the same march as the “last march of Arwen Undomiel” that we see in RotK, is it?

Quote:
Also i read that the EE isnt coming out until just before christmas( Well since Christmas is so commercialized these days. the Christmas season might be in late September)
Ha ha, that’s true. But if you’re talking about the commercialized version of Christmas, then you’d want to say “holiday season”.

Quote:
What would be great is if they could find the space to fit in the "Use well the days" song (or video if it exists). This is an even better tune than "Into the West"

A gaffs/blopers reel would be great, but I bet Jackson doesn't do this.
I haven’t heard Use Well The Days except via my sister playing on piano. I would like the bloopers reel, but I agree, PJ probably won’t.

Quote:
When Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are all about to enter the Paths of the Dead, the horses run off. Later in the movie you see them riding the same horses. I wonder if they will show how they got the horses back?
That’s probably just one of those things they won’t explain, we can assume they were taken along with the Rohirrim after the horses came back into camp.

Quote:
I have so little hope that they'll leave the Saruman/Gandalf confrontation at Isengard close to the book, or cool at all. "Saruman, you missed your path in life...." "Later! When you have the keys of Barad-dûr and the staffs of the Five Wizards...." "I think that even if we had raided the tower and searched, we would have found few treasures as great as this *scream* Saruman thinks so too..." (paraphazing 'cause I don't have the book with me) Like any of those will be in the EE. With what I've heard of it and seen in pictures...the trivia pursuit game comes out and says who kills Gríma...*sigh*
Yes, they probably will have very little discussion.

Finally, here’s the stuff I had posted in MY EE thread, for discussion.

Houses of Healing: Is Merry in need of healing? He goes to the Black Gates, after all!

Drinking game between Legolas and Gimli, which seems out of character...

Aragorn approaching the throne of Gondor, with drawn sword.

First attempt to break gate with small battering ram (we saw this in the old TTT DVD preview)

Merry getting wounded at Morannan battle, with Gandalf in a frenzy behind them. This is strange, since the wound looks desperate, but no sign of wounds later at the reuniting in Gondor.

Pelennor fields – Éowyn fights more orcs
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #43
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
*Warning, long post*
Very!

Quote:
Say by the way! In TTT, it showed Elrond watching as the Elves, including Arwen, walked out the gate. That’s not the same march as the “last march of Arwen Undomiel” that we see in RotK, is it?
I think it's pretty safe to assume that it was, that's what I always guessed at least.

Quote:
If anyone watched the ABC/NBC whatever documentary (should have been included on the DVD!), you can see that Aragorn and Gimli team up to defeat the “cauliflower head”.
I saw that, but I wonder how PJ will have 'Gothmog' weasel his way out of the trampling at the hooves of the Rohirrim's horses that RotK so obviously implied.

Quote:
I don’t know what to make about Gandalf supposedly losing his staff. It’s true, we do not see him with it afterwards, and we know there was a confrontation, but Gandalf later has his staff at the Grey Havens.
Quote:
It doesn’t make sense if Gandalf later appears with it at the Grey Havens....
I've heard from many different sources that Gandalf's staff is broken by the Witch King, I'm 99.99% sure it will happen (despite 99.99% being a cliche). Not exactly sure where he gets his staff from, but he got after Saruman's confiscating of his old one, & he got one after Moria, so I assume he has connections .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:34 PM   #44
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I believe, though I am not quite sure, that Grima kills Saruman by pushing him off the tower at Isengard. I'm entirely sure because my sources on many things are unreliable.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:30 AM   #45
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
I believe that Sam used only the Phial to get past the Watchers.
Yes, so Estel and Essex reminded me. Thanks for highlighting my ignorance once more.

Quote:
He does in the game, and that would be the only thing that would explain why they believe Frodo is dead. Also, what other purpose would the Mouth serve, if he didn’t have tokens to show them?
Yes, I agree. But my point still stands. How does the Mouth get hold of the Mithril Shirt and knowledge of the Hobbits when Shagrat gets skewered by Sam and there appear to be no other Orcs left alive in the Tower? It is possible that Shagrat escapes in the EE, although that would be quite a big change. Or it may just be left as a plot hole ...
Old 07-16-2004, 07:55 AM   #46
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I recall in the film that when Sam came upon the Orcs in the Tower one of the four ran back up the stairs. Was he the one that Sam then skewered because if not then this could be how the news and the shirt got back to Sauron.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:15 AM   #47
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
I believe, though I am not quite sure, that Grima kills Saruman by pushing him off the tower at Isengard. I'm entirely sure because my sources on many things are unreliable.
Grima stabs Saruman & then pushes him off the tower, Saruman presumably getting his fall broken by one of the spokes & a spiked wheel. Then Legolas kills Grima with an arrow that first soars over his head, then spirals down into Grima's skull even as he laughs at Legolas's 'inaccuaracy' (Grima should've known better ).

Quote:
I recall in the film that when Sam came upon the Orcs in the Tower one of the four ran back up the stairs. Was he the one that Sam then skewered because if not then this could be how the news and the shirt got back to Sauron.
If I remember right, they show 4 orcs, but Sam only kills 3. They never show what happened to the 4th orc in the theatrical release, so it would correct an 'error' that I'm sure is listed on many websites if they showed him running away to get the news/mithril shirt out (I know that Gorbag wasn't one of the 4 orcs there on the steps) in the EE.

Quote:
Yes, so Estel and Essex reminded me. Thanks for highlighting my ignorance once more.
Oh, can I remind you again!!??

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-26-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 PM   #48
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Quote:
If I remember right, they show 4 orcs, but Sam only kills 3. They never show what happened to the 4th orc in the theatrical release, so it would correct an 'error' that I'm sure is listed on many websites if they showed him running away to get the news/mithril shirt out (I know that Grishnak wasn't one of the 4 orcs there on the steps) in the EE.
Um..."that's for Mr. Frodo! {1} And the Shire! {2} AND THAT'S FOR MY OLD GAFFER! {3} ... Not if I stick you first! {4}.

Quote:
But my point still stands. How does the Mouth get hold of the Mithril Shirt and knowledge of the Hobbits when Shagrat gets skewered by Sam and there appear to be no other Orcs left alive in the Tower? It is possible that Shagrat escapes in the EE, although that would be quite a big change.
Relying in info from the video game, one orc that was lying nearly unconscious gets up, grabs the shirt, ducks down the passage, and runs out the tunnel.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 07-17-2004, 06:24 PM   #49
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
Um..."that's for Mr. Frodo! {1} And the Shire! {2} AND THAT'S FOR MY OLD GAFFER! {3} ... Not if I stick you first! {4}.
Are you sure Gorbag (the green one) was the 4th? I didn't think he was there, but I guess he could have been...

Quote:
one orc that was lying nearly unconscious gets up, grabs the shirt, ducks down the passage, and runs out the tunnel
That would work perfectly fine, although it might seem a little strange that a random orc happens to grab the shirt while saving his own life. Mark it down to him being an especially greedy orc I guess .
Old 07-18-2004, 07:48 AM   #50
Nimiriel
Animated Skeleton

Nimiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Nimiriel
Silmaril

Well, I'm with you guys on most of what's been said here. I do have a comment though: I'm pretty shure PJ has stated that there will be a bloopers reel for each of the main characters (my question being 'How many does he concider MCs?'), though I have no reference to where or when this statement was made. Also I heard a rumor (nothing more, but I cling to it with high hopes) that the EE will last a total of 290 mins! (4 hours and 50 mins)... It'd be AMAZING if that's true!!!

Well, that's all for now guys and yes (who ever said so somewhere up the thread) it IS great to be back at the Downs!

Writing original fantasy? Meet the Wordweavers at Fww
Nimiriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #51
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
All I would say is that in some respects the other EEs are going to be a better indicator of what happens than the cinema version .... I mean in FOTR there is a huge difference between what happens in Lorien ...... just a thought....

But if there is no more to the Faramir / Aragorn / Eowyn thing than that smug look... I will be annoyed

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:56 PM   #52
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Knight, re your opinion on there not being an epilouge on the rotk EE

I take heart from what Jackson says near the begining of the FOTR EE commentary. He stated that the Galadriel character would 'bookend' the films with a prolouge/epilouge.

so I reckon something has been done, but whether it gets included I'm not sure, but hope so.

I mean it's the only book I've ever read where the Index makes me cry.........!
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:31 AM   #53
drunken dragon

sneak peak at EE

slightly random comment, but i did formerly find a sneaky way to know what was in the EE.

Having bought the sticker/picture book for TTT(to be used to help with painting the games workshop models), i noticed there where bits of the story in there that hadn't appeared in the movie.... sure enough, when the EE came out, these bits were included.

i take it they must have written this book before they had finalised the editing.... dunno if it's true for the rotk one, but ya never know.

D.D. (formerly Ringfenwen.... many years ago!)
Old 07-20-2004, 01:01 PM   #54
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
I really hope Sam's dealings with the watchers at the gates of Barad-dur is in there. I know it'll probably be to long to put in but maybe they have some footage from the scouring of the Shire but I doubt it.
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #55
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

Pippin Pondlily has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
*House of Healing scenes (& plenty of them), including a lot more development between Faramir & Eowyn
I certainly hope so

Quote:
What I'm particularly disappointed about is that the films don't include the banter between Gimli and Eomer regarding Galadriel and then Arwen. I think this example of humour from the book is a fine example of Tolkien-style humour. ("Then I must go for my axe.") -- Eomer of the Rohirrim
That would absolutely be the mostly thing to be in EE. I loved that in the book, had it on my profile for a while actually …

I would just really, really, really want lots of House of Healing and more with Sam would be fantastic.

- P. Pondlily
Pippin Pondlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #56
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
[QUOTE=*Aragorn killing the cauliflower-head 'orc', aka: 'Gothmog'. I can't wait to see the character that shouldn't have been in RotK get knocked off (especially after the rock missed him...)! QUOTE]

wasn't it the Rohirrim in the movie that trampled him?
Old 07-22-2004, 12:46 PM   #57
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
wasn't it the Rohirrim in the movie that trampled him?
So it appeared, Gil-Galad. But like we've said some, a lot of us saw a special on RotK on ABC before the movie came out, including footage of Gothmog being killed by Aragorn (with help from Gimli, possibly).
Old 07-23-2004, 02:50 AM   #58
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Howard Shore will be doing his cameo as a Rohirric soldier in the EE! I saw a pic of him in a full costume and I must admit that he looked very soldier-like, very good.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:14 AM   #59
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
well in the trailer you see Eomer mourning for the dead...so that could be another thing...
Old 07-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #60
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree First on FOX!

TheOneRing.net confirms many of the things that I already rumored to y'all! Check it out! Eowyn fighting Gothmog! I'd never have thought of that!!

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1090681214
Old 07-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #61
Dûrbelethwen
Haunting Spirit

Dûrbelethwen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I think that maybe the coming of the Dunadin is in the extended verison because in Aragorn's pep speech in front of the gates of Mordor the way he phrased it sounded like they may be there.

Also to the person who thinks that Sam would not be considered a ring bearer because he never put on the ring. I got the feeling from the book that a person did not have to wear the ring to be a ring bearer, the person just had to be in possession of it. Example is how Frodo never put it on during the time between Biblo's departure and Frodo's but he did not age.
Dûrbelethwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 08:17 PM   #62
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Try this link out for some info...be warned of language...http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18028

Also supposed to be some images floating around on Warofthering.net, but I can't find them!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #63
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye Actual Proof

I just got back from Comic-Con International, San Diego. On friday, there was a special screening of clips of scenes that will appear in the EE. In addition, Billy Boyd and David Wenham were there, making it hard to hear over the girly screams.

Here's what I saw:

~Houses of Healing
-Aragorn healing various people
-Faramir and Eowyn on the balcony (very sweet. He says the line "In this hour I do not think any darkness could endure")
~The Mouth of Sauron
~Saruman
-I saw one of him talking to Gandalf from his balcony
-And another of him smacking Grima
~More of Eowyn and Aragorn
~Eomer finding Eowyn on the Pellenor
~Pippin finding Merry on the Pellenor.
-this one was interesting. Billy Boyd gave an interesting tidbit of information by saying that they changed that scene in the theatrical version from daytime to nighttime for the EE.
~Faramir and Pippin talking about Faramir's family

I think that's all. I tried to take notes but that didn't work out, so if I think of anything more I'll post it.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #64
gorthaur_cruel
Haunting Spirit

gorthaur_cruel has just left Hobbiton.
I just saw the RotK EE trailer...u can find it at http://www.hdr-see.de/, if you want. It's got a really bad quality, because it was video-ed by someone. So you can hear all the fans screaming during particular scenes.

It starts off with Saruman saying that he doesn't want Gandalf's mercy, and shoots a bolt of fire down at him from the top of Orthanc. My personal favorite scene was at the end, when Gandalf confronts the Witch King. The WK draws out a blade that catches fire and tells Gandalf "This is my hour". Though I heard that Gandalf actually loses this fight, which might make it my least favorite scene in the end
gorthaur_cruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 08:48 PM   #65
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Saraphrim: Thanks for the post! I myself didn't read it, because I've decided I want the last EE to be as much of a suprise as possible (not counting speculation ), but I saw it was a long list, so it must've been good!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:29 PM   #66
NZ Ringbearer
Haunting Spirit

NZ Ringbearer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to NZ Ringbearer
Ring Interesting....

Well, I've been reading all the posts of this forum, and one that I have found is not here. I was on a Frodo site, and I found some very interesting pictures... they're apparently from the TTTEE feturettes ect, the one on RotK.

They show what could happen if Frodo became like Gollum - which was a possiblity in LotR. I think they could be in the RotKEE, possibly as a dream of Sam's?

If you want to see them: http://www.frodoforever.com/ttt2gal1.php

They're about 12 lines down. There's eight of them (4 of Elijah Wood in make-up, 3 screencaps and one on-set).

What do you think?

Frodo Lives! Spread the word! Say 'No' to Nazgul!!!
NZ Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #67
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

NZ Ringbearer: Somewhere in the vast assortment of commentaries on the TTT EE they tell us that they toyed with the idea of Faramir seeing what Frodo 'would become if he were to keep the Ring'. This is the Frodo that we see in the pics you linked us to (thanks!), & it happened after Frodo pushed the sword away & crouched down by those rocks just before Faramir decides to take them to Osgiliath. I've posted before that I think it would've been really cool if we could've had the option to watch TTT with that particular scene included, something you could turn on or off (like the cast commentary). While that doesn't sound like something PJ would really do, I still would've loved to see it !
So I don't think it'll be in the RotK EE, despite the fact that I'd love to see it somewhere.