The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe VOTING RESULTS FOR ARWEN'S ROLE THREAD!

This thread is just for the voting results on my previous thread:<P> Do you like Arwen's role in The Lord of the Rings?<P> The results were as following:<P>Yes: 8 (34%)<P>No: 13 (54%)<P>Undecided: 3 (13%)<P> I think everybody would've rather PJ would've kept her closer to the books, or stoped with the extended role in FotR. I know I didn't mind her role in FotR that much, it was just the whole daydreaming & 'willing Aragorn back to life' thing that got to me ( & a lot of other people ). Granted, there were some people that liked her role in both movies, & the undecided thought It'd have been nice not to have her, but she wasn't that bad. <BR> <BR> Thanks everybody! <p>[ May 14, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:54 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Im the exception. I love her in the movies. I don't particularly care anymore whether she's in, out, or plastered all over the screen for the whole movie.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:16 PM   #3
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They way I see it you had two choices. Expand her roll or cut her out completely. Tolkien solved the problem by giving us the Tale of Aragorn and Arwen but a movie can't have an appendix.<P>On the whole, I think PJ made the right decision so you can count me as one of the exceptions as well.<P>H.C.