The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
WW XXIIX - Queer Lodgings

Welcome to the twenty-eighth official game of Werewolf. Pull up a noose, cast a few votes and get comfortable.

THEME SONG TIME!!

(apologies to Tool, the String Quartet, and you.)

I am sure you all know the rules by now.

The players are -

Beorn - Thinlomien
Gandalf the Grey - Valier
Bilbo Baggins - Meneltarmacil
Thorin Oakenshield - Anguriel
Balin - Kath
Dwalin - dancing spawn of ungoliant
Gloin - Kitanna
Oin - Volo
Dori - Boromir88
Nori - Rune son of Bjarne
Ori - Durelin
Fili - Naria
Kili - Eomer of the Rohirrim
Bifur - Nilpaurion Fegalund
Bofur - Nogrod
Bombur - Holbytlass
Durin the Deathless - Farael

There are:
Three WOLVES
Two TWINS
One SEER
One HUNTER
One PROTECTOR

(tbc)

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
By the time the wizard had finished her tale and had told of the eagles' rescue and of how they all had been brought to the Carrock, the sun had fallen behind the peaks of the Misty Mountains and the shadows were long in Beornómien's garden.

"A very good tale!" said she. "The best I have heard for a long while. If all beggars could tell such a good one, they might find me kinder. You may be making it all up, of course, but you deserve a supper for the story all the same. Let's have something to eat!"

"She made a lot of stuff up!" squeaked Meneltarbo Baggins, but stopped when Valier stuck out her fake bushy eyebrows at him and scowled him into silence.

"The quintessential adventurer's story," said Thorin Anguirelshield stroking his beard. "You have my thousand thanks for allowing us temporary regenerative repose in your naturalistic domicile, notwithstanding the dubious circumstances of our arrival..."

"Oh no, now we'll never get to eat," moaned Bomburlass. "He'll go on for hours!"

"However, there is something of importance that I feel obligated to tell you Beornómien," said Valier. "While we escaped from the goblin's lair, I fear we may have inadvertantly fallen into something far more dangerous."

"Whatever do you mean?" chorused Nari and Eomi.

Valier, in truth, never minded explaining her own cleverness more than once.

"What I mean is that we are getting rather nearer to the dark abode of the Necromancer. And I, as you no doubt probably did not know, I am highly interested in his movements for secret and important reasons of my own, the reasons for which will no doubt become common knowledge sooner than I would like."

"Indeed, you are farther in than you ever hoped to dare," came a very deep voice. The voice came from a very ancient looking dwarf, whose snow-white beard was looped several times across his shoulders. A gasp came from all of Thorin's company, and they fell to their knees.

"Durin the Deathless!" they cried. "It is an omen, by Mahal!"

"We shall see about that," he said wryly. "It is said that the Necromancer has tried to ensnare dwarves before, and failed. He has slain us, and gotten nothing from it but what was already his. But this time, I fear for the Naugrim."

All the people in Beornómien's house felt chills run up and down their spine.

"Werewolves," muttered Valier.

"Yes indeed," nodded Durin. "This is cursed ground. All who stand upon it are suspect."

"Out of the goblin's lair to be caught by wolves to be rescued by eagles only to be turned into wolves!" cried Meneltarbo, and it became a sig line, but of course he didn't know it yet. "Can't we run away, or eat some medicinal plant, or something?!?"

"There is no cure for Werewolfery," said Valier. "At least, none that even Saruman the White can find. The only remedy for it is death. And we dare not flee - this can be spread."

"However," said Beornómien. "I do happen to know that most people have a strong immunity towards it. I doubt all of us will become lupine."

"Then the only thing that we can do is to wait until tonight," said Thorin. "We will set a watch, who will then alert us to signs of...danger. I elect our esteemable burglar, Master Baggins, to take especial notice to unexpected fangs, hair, and murderous intent during the night, and to take appropriate and immediate action forthwith."

"I'll lend you an axe," said Dori88 kindly.

"No need for such doom and gloom then," said Beornomien leaping to her feet. "How about dinner to cheer us all up?"

But the food only cheered Bomburlass up. The rest of them ate in silence.

"So," began Kathin. "Beornómien...you say you can change into a bear?"

Beornómien glared at her. "I didn't say that. Did anyone hear me say that? I never said that."

"Er," said Dwancing Spawn of Fundin. "Valier did say that..."

"I heard her with my own ears," said Glóanna. Voloin nodded his assent.

"I distinctly heard myself say the same thing," said Valier the Grey, as she stroked her fake grey beard.

"Not a bear," muttered Beornómien. "More...aquatic and avian."

Only Thorin, Valier and Durin appeared to know what those two words meant.

"So...you actually turn into..." said a puzzled Bofgrod.

"A large and fierce penguin," growled Beornómen. "So don't mess with me!"

Runi, Dori88 and Orilin snickered very quietly.

Durin stood up majestically, if a bit stiffly.

"My dear friends," he orated. "We will have a very troubling time of it until we find out if any of us have been infected. I counsel a good night's sleep, for even if we dwarves are the hardiest in all of middle-earth, even we need rest."

The others saw the wisdom of this, and dropped off nearly where they were. But Valier, before she went to sleep, spoke to Meneltarbo.

"Good night, my dear hobbit, and be careful! Wake Bifur Felagund at midnight to take his watch, and wake me first if anything happens, and do not do anything foolish!"

Meneltarbo sat cold and uncomortably, thinking of his dear little hobbit hole. How he wished he was curled up in his own featherbed, nibbling on seed-cakes and half a turkey, while his teakettle was just singing. Not for the last time!

And slowly, slowly he dropped off to sleep...

---------------------------------------

It is now NIGHT one. Wolves may PM, twins may not.
I do not need a name from the Seer or the Protector at this time. The Hunter may PM me a name any time they wish, up until voting is closed at the end of the Day.
The first DAY will begin in 24 hours.

Last edited by Oddwen; 01-07-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

It was Beornómien who woke them all the next morning with her fierce roaring.

"My animals!!" she cried. "My poor, poor animals!"

Their bodies were strewn about all over the garden, and fence, and sides of the building, and the beehives.

Poor Meneltarbo felt very bad indeed - the animals were really delightful things, and he was sorry they were dead.

All of Thorin's company were grumbling, and he noticed that they were glaring at him.

"Burglar!" roared Beornó. "Burglar! More like a Werewolf than a Burglar!"

"Now now now," said Valier. "We can't go accusing without proof..."

The rest of the company snorted with laughter.

The wizard scowled and waggled her fake grey beard in anger at being interrupted.

"Furthermore," she continued. "There are tracks of three Wolves around. It is highly unlikely that a very small hobbit could go around making three seperate tracks - therefore I think we have some work to do to weed these Wolves out."

The rest of the strange company glared suspiciously at each other. What was the world coming to, when a dwarf couldn't trust his own brother? Or sister?

Durin spoke. "I fear that some of you will not live beyond today. Many songs will be sung of this...provided, of course, that we are successful in weeding these Wolves out."

All eyes sprung with tears. For which of them, after all, didn't have dear family or friends in the crowd?

Thorin stood straight and tall, and said in a great voice -

"WE...SHALL...NOT...FALL!"

--------------------------------

DAY one has now begun. Wolves, stop PMing, Twins may start.
I'll need a name from the Hunter before the final votes are in.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Dori88 pulled out a piece of paper from his pockets. He addressed the company 'The one thing, I'm sure you're all wondering right now is...are you on the list?'
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Actually I wasn't. . .

Surely you would not consider you friends for wolves? Obviously a dwarf would not have done this! That leaves the burglar, the fake wizard and the big guy. . .

Just look how they are already trying to take the lead of this group, when surely it should be Durin and Thorin making the decitions.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pretty taciturn lot, aren't ye? Pshah. Lurking and holding your peace does not make you wise, my good Dwarves.

I have forgotten whether the Twins amongst you are out for yourselves or working with us. If you be traitors 'gainst your lord and your company - which I seem to recall you are - remember that the wolves are a greater threat to you than we are, for the knowledge is in their hands.

Hrrrm. I have much planning to do, and also intend to check the laws that govern us in this house.

When I have come to a decision, I will order you, as my vassals, to lynch whoever I wish. I am confident you will obey me, loyal kinsmen.

The King Under The Mountain will come into his own.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #7
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
How about you who were keeping watch, didn't you see the beasts? What kind of a watchkeeping is that - unless you were running around the yard slaughtering our host's animals yourself.

Well, three wolf trails equal three pairs of muddy feet, no? Pull off your shoes and socks! At least Meneltarbo's feet look quite muddy. And furry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
I have forgotten whether the Twins amongst you are out for yourselves or working with us.
With grief I note that your memory does not serve you as well as some 100 years ago, O Thorin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moddwen
I was planning to make them both [twins] goodies
I haven't seen another comment about that, so I assume that they're not as evil as Kath suggests, but a bit like Shirriffs in the Shire.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 AM   #8
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Look what you have done, stupid dwarves! Brought evil to my house and slain my dear animals. I swear I shall not take any more dwarves into my house ever.

Rhyming names, you say? Have you then forgotten about Bifur, Bofur and Bombur? Shouldn't you be after Bifur Felagund, Bofgrod and Bomburlass?

Next we might hear that the twins are evidently either Bifur and Bofur, Oin and Gloin or Balin and Dwalin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofgrod
The big one, what was it Valier the Grey said, Beornómien, a shape changer? Looks a clear case to me then.
What? If I already change to penguin I think that's skin-changing enough!

I smell something here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I would agree with Runi. No dwarf could ever do this. Not ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofgrod, in his next post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durael the Deathless
How convenient, three of them, non of them dwarves, and three werewolves.
And just because of that, maybe a little too convenient? That would be a maddening joke indeed, but as all of this looks like a mad-joke anyway, I wouldn't put it past this Necromancer to make it just like that.

I do not think that we should first run at the non-dwarwes just because of their non-dwarvesness, but if one of them turns out a wolf I might wish to try another one just to make sure...
Isn't this a bit contradictory? I mean, first he says now dwarf could do this and then he says that it is not very probable that all baddies are non-dwarves. Of course this is mostly in-character flip-flopping and thus not to be taken too seriously. Anyway, if someone says first that no dwarf is a werewolf, then that "dwarf" does not mean innocent and then returns to his earlier theory of three non-dwarf wolves in the same sentence, it makes me raise eyebrows, even if/as it is mostly in-character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dori88
And can't control herself when she transforms into a bear. But I've seen the wrath, she was even impervious to weapons! There is something evil about that man-bear berserker. Beornomien...'is that your....
Penguin, not bear.

I agree that Glóanna looks quite bad with her "I hate random votes" combined with her random vote and her avid agreement with Dori88 combined with her suspicion of him.

I won't probably be voting Dwancing spawn, Eomi, Meneltarbo or Voloin today, as they all seem innocentish. I'm a bit reluctant to vote Bofgrod, Dori88 or Durael either as they've all contributed to the discussion.

I'm back to reread thorugh the thread. Don't eat all my honey while I'm away! As the bees are slaughtered, there won't be more honey in ages.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #9
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
So Dori88 thinks it is likely that a wolf would join the "no dwarf could have done this" course. . .normally I would say that it was not so, but this is day 1 and I am afraid that it could be the best case made.

That leads me to Lord Durin. . .although I tecnicaly owe him my aligance, it seems a bit weird that he should return from the dead only for trouble to follow in his wake. Plus the whole thing about saying that someone will thank you for lynching them really annoys me.

and our good old Nogrod. . .first of all he mistook me and Dori88 and I am greatly insulted by that! But what strikes me as odd is him agreeing with me. . .no seriously. . .it almost never happens and so I get suspiciouse.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Wow, only two pages to read though, I'm impressed!

Alright, so, it seems the main suspect at the moment is Gloanna. The points made over her seemingly over-reluctance to vote are that the post was too apologetic and that there was some backtracking within it. The former of these catches my attention more as a random vote is far less suspicious if just made rather than agonised over - but then if you're innocent you may not be worrying so much about that. It seems unlikely though, in a place where you know everyone else is on the lookout for villains you have to be aware of how your own actions look.

The backtracking I don't think is so worrisome. To me it reads more like someone trying to find a way not to cast a purely random vote but discarding the idea even as they think of it. Yes, Dori88, it does make sense to vote for those you feel suspicious of even if it is just a niggling suspicion, but if that suspicion is of someone high profile where a vote could actually lead to others following suit, if the suspicion is not strong enough that you feel this person should be lynched then not voting also makes sense.

At the moment I am somewhat concerned that we haven't heard from Nilp, as he has usually popped in with a 'lynch me' campaign by now. I don't know what the timezones are like for him at the moment though and they may explain his silence.

The other surprise is Lommy. We should have had a wealth of posts from her by now, though the one she has made had good points in it and she is saying she'll be back.

As for those that have posted there are few that have stood out so far. One that has is Farael, who is surprisingly unconfrontational. He says he is going to advocate his plan again, which caused a lot of arguments in the past, but that he will do it less fervently this time. He also changed his view from 'lynch the silent ones' to 'lynch those that aren't contributing'. Now this is a far better view to me, but the fact that he is saying it is worrying. Farael doesn't do things by halves, yet from the start of the game he has seemed calm and willing to compromise. This may be because he is, in fact, innocent and so is playing differently. Or he is evil and has simply learnt from previous mistakes.

Another who has stood out is Dori88, who seems to be the loudmouth of this place, but I have a natural aversion to those who seem to be taking charge so I am not going to put any stock in my suspicion of him toDay.

The last person to stand out is Meneltarbo because he hasn't been around much, but those comments he has made have been either insightful and helpful or obvious statements. The disparity is odd, and I hope to see more from him later so I can try to make sense of it.

For now though I have to vote as this will be the last time I am near a computer before the deadline.

++FARAEL

I don't wish to vote for those who have not arrived or have not spoken much, and of the three I pointed out he is my strongest suspect. I am suspicious of Kitanna as well but not to the same extent. Her actions could be those of an innocent and I am inclined to give her the doubt for now.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #11
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

It is funny how everybody agrees on Gloanna making wolfish errors. I have to admit that I did not notice them at first, but I suppose I did not read through it ver closely.

I can sertainly understand the points being made against her, but I doubt that I will vote for her today.

I would like to add that Meneltarmacil is the only one that seems inoccent to me. . .if you know what I mean. Hes post are down to earth and has some good points with out being spectacular. I guess it is an easy way to play, but it seems genuine to me.

Another person that I did not speak of before is Eomi, I really feel uneasy about him. . .I don't have a theory as such, but there is just something about him. The way he makes a silly theory and a few random comments and then vanishes and everybody fail to take heed of anything he says other than his confusion over names. Of course it is not his fault how we react to what he say, but he is making me uneasy. Let me say it like this: If he is a wolf he has had a close to perfect day1.

Anyway I think I shall vote soon and that it will be for either:
Eomi
Nogrod
or
Durin

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 01-09-2007 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Spelling "heed" correct
Old 01-09-2007, 06:20 AM   #12
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I made to this to get myself on the track again and thought it would be useful to share it before I start rethinking the things done and said toDay.

And it seems we are really spreading the vote here...

Eomer --> Spawn
Kitanna --> Naria
Durelin --> Rune
Naria --> Kitanna
Kath --> Farael

Claimed reasons for voting:
Eomer: confused with the storyline names and thence voting for someone who called him, Kili, Eomi.
Kitanna: totally random (picking a number).
Durelin: for posting only once and not drawing attention to him (same as Kath, but with her that's normal)
Naria: agreeing with the suspicions of others.
Kath: for being surprisingly unconfrontational (also slightly suspicious of Kitanna).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #13
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Some remarks on the posting that has taken (or not taken) place while I've been away.

I can't see how Runi can sort out Meneltarbo as the only one standing out as an innocent. A Runi-wolf would probably not be that bold to speak of his fellow in crime, but what is it then? Puzzles me.

I'm a bit diappointed with Beornómien as she seems not to be her usual and bright self but seems to be bent on picking up only straws and backing already voiced concerns. Now it's always a problem for the werecreatures that they have to artificially build up their cases as they know what they claim is not true. That many times gives their points an air of superficiality, which I'm smelling in her first post in some degree, and making them prone to follow up with leads given by others. But I'm still hoping to see her making it better when she returns.

Bifur Felagund hasn't posted but the internet-connections seem to be the reason. Valier has posted once and claimed for RL-bussinesses. I think they should not be voted toDay for that.

Orilin and Eomi have seemingly left the house for toDay and not left a lot to be said of them. That I find a bit worrysome.

I'll try to have some closer looks / think a bit about the larger picture here.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
While it is distressing to have lost the twins I can see why Spawn was picked. It has been said over and over that on later days her posts can be devasting to the wolves. I wholeheartedly agree. I don't really think she was suspected of being a twin. Volo mentioned her first post as a possible clue, but I'm not sure it was meant to be as such.

Upsetting, but not all that surprising was Spawn's death. For now I'm more inclined to concentrate my efforts on those who voted Eomer (and should time permit those who voted Kath)

Volo mentioned Eomer in post 75 stating:
Quote:
Eomi, like Dorimor88 said, nothing can be found to say about Eomi. I suggest you stop you in characterism for a while and say something. If you ask me, he has contributed close to nothing but seems to be awake.
In his post for 86 he defends Kath by saying he's not sure what is so wrong with her second post. His next post he votes for Eomer, not stating his reason there, but he stated it earlier. After he votes he continues to defend Kath. Seemingly stirring the vote toward Eomer and myself.

Ok I need to go for an hour or two, but I will pick up with Volo's posts from today and the other Eomer voters.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

VOTING IS CLOSED

Death to follow shortly.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Votes were counted - recounted - and recounted again.

"This can't be right," said Kathin. "You really don't want to do this."

"Yes we do," they said pointing at the votes for evidence.

"I'm telling you...you will not like this," she said as she grew visibly agitated.

"Ooh, here it comes!" they said happily; axes, small swords, hairy fists and magical staffs at the ready.

"Don't make me angry," she threatened again. "You cannot get out of this."

As several dwarf bows were readied and drawn (you don't want to get too close to an angry dwarf, do you?), she launched herself into the crowd axe brandished and bellowing as only a dwarf can. Bows twanged, arrows struck, and Kathin fell dead, but not before burying her axe in Bofgrod's throat.

"Gurgleblarglegllrrrggg!" he said, as blood soaked his beard. "Grbllllaaaagaaaaalll!" and he too fell dead across the body of Kathin.

Neither body morphed, or changed in any way at all.

"Ai, ai!" they wailed.

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Voloin
Dori88
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bomburlass

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two
Farael the Deathless (Protector), crushed with a hammer protecting his choice on NIGHT three
Kathin (Hunter), lynched on DAY three
Bofgrod (Innocent), taken down with the hunter on DAY three

The third DAY is done/
NIGHT the fourth has begun/
I need names from the Seer and Wolves, what fun/
Bum-ba-dum-badum/

Old 01-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

They woke that morning with major guilt trips. Major. What was their innocent-to-wolf ratio? Uh, very bad.

They grumbled and looked around for the customary body, and found it strewn out in the yard.

"Oh, his poor arms and legs!" cried Meneltarbo.

The body of Dori88 had been dismembered in a quite crude fashion, likely caused by stringing him up between four trees and then jumping on him.

As they had used up all the stones for Kathin and Bofgrod, they settled for taking care of the body on a pyre. And afterwards, if any small dwarf child asked about the fate of the legendary Dori88, it will be said to them "He was a burned dwarf", and that is enough.

Living:
Beornomien
Valier the Grey
Meneltarbo Baggins
Thorin Angurielsheild
Voloin
Runi son of Bjarne
Orilin
Bifur Fegalund
Bomburlass

Dead:
Eomi of the Rohirrim (Innocent), beheaded on DAY one
dwancing spawn of fundin (Twin), beheaded on NIGHT two
Nari (Twin), died of sorrow on NIGHT two
Gloanna (Innocent), hung on DAY two
Farael the Deathless (Protector), crushed with a hammer protecting his choice on NIGHT three
Kathin (Hunter), lynched on DAY three
Bofgrod (Innocent), taken down with the hunter on DAY three
Dori88 (Innocent), dismembered on NIGHT four

All three Wolves, please stop PMing.
You are all now free to start discussing.

Last edited by Oddwen; 01-14-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Cat got everyone's tongue? It certainly had mine.

Right. Well, I certainly feel like a fool. I don't, though, think that Nori was killed with the primary purpose of framing me, though that would have been a desirable side-effect. I think that his behaviour towards the end of yesterday may have suggested to his murderers that he was the Seer.

Talking of which, it would be nice to have some information now; with a third of the population evil, we need to know who to trust. On the other hand a talkative Seer is a dead Seer and the relevant person may want to stay shtum and get more information. Their choice.

I don't think that Nori's suspects will necessarily be helpful - a frame-up, intentional or not, is so very likely - but it might be interesting to note that one of his main targets was Meneltarbo.

Knowing myself to be innocent, I am now especially suspicious of that Burglar, and of Runi; both of these players tried to keep suspicion fixed on me, Nori and Bofgrod. For my part I fell for the ruse and kept on the attack, in retrospect very rashly.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #19
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow...one post? Well, today will be interesting...

I agree with you, Ang. I think it's quite likely that the wolves feared he might be the Seer. They might have been trying to frame you, and Lommy as well. Boro expressed quite a bit of suspicion of Lommy, particularly near the end. Or Wolf-Lommy feared for her safety. I think the latter is less likely: Lommy really hasn't garnered much suspicion at all, so why should she fear too much for her safety?

It is also possible that they were trying to frame Menel, but Boro was more "subtle" about his suspicion of Menel, I think. Perhaps they thought this was Seer hinting (not hinting towards his role, but slipping suspicion in of a possible dreamt of wolf so it's not blatant)?

I don't know...all I do know is that we really need to get a wolf today, because if an innocent dies today, and then one tonight, it will be 4 against 3. Not good.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #20
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ang, I only mentioned you briefly in one of my posts yesterDay, which turned into more of an attack on Boromir than on you. I mostly went after Rune yesterDay, and still think he's a wolf and my prime suspect. I'm most likely going to vote for him toDay and encourage you to do the same.

In any case, I really hope the Seer's found at least one of the wolves by now. We need to get one of them toDay; otherwise, the village is more or less doomed.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #21
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well this is disheartening...Ok so we have 9 villagers. 3 are wolves and we still have our Seer, so there are 4 Ordo's. Well today is critical, I agree with Durelin. If we don't get a wolf today and they kill another Ordo or worse our Seer, that leaves us with 7. 3 against 4. Not good.
So the Seer I think should only come out.
a) If they have dreamt of at least two Ordo's that are still here.
b) They have dreamt of a wolf and at least one remaining Ordo
c) They fear they might be killed.
If not then I say, try and hold on for one more dream, but if you can help us today Seer it may just give us Oro's the boost we need to catch these VERY crafty Fiends. I would like to hear more from anyone who is around today. I trust noone and am at a bit of a loss. I plan on rereading, but we need to work together if we want to put a damper on these Wolves plan.

x-posted
Old 01-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #22
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
This looks really bad... Yesterday seems to have been total madness, and I'm really sorry to have been away. I think I should go get my battle-axe and start cutting my wrist, this is pretty depressing you know...

I won't start analysing everything now. But I found something that might be interesting. It's really radical, but at this point, I think that we need to get radical.

Anguirel #205 and Durelin #206. Why do I mention those posts? Because they are scary (of course, I am going crazy with my strange obsession with "signs", in real life): Neither post has anything to say (or I can't see anything good), both posts have a short word meaning nothing in the middle, they are in a row. Ha. and Odd. summ up as a message. No really, what else do the posts have to say?

Yes, I see those two as wolves. And for the third one, I'd like to add Menel to the pack. I'll go on more reasons next.

Durelin

Day1

#10 In character useless post.

#19 -//-

#36 Tries to be useful by listing a list of people who haven't said anything. If this isn't the "useful enough to seem innocent, whatever post" then nothing is...

#37 Adds Lommy to the preveous post. Durelin seems excited...

#42 The first post that holds any meaning (as you can see it in the post number btw). What the Morgoth?? Sure there was little reason to vote anyone on day1 but why Rune, with his one totally innocent post?
That was just my opinion on the stupidity of the vote, not on the suspicion of the post, on day1 that was suspicious but not anymore. Annoying, but not suspicious. Except for the part of wolves staying quiet on day1, I don't think that a loud person would be quiet just because he/she is a wolf... (See Glirdan's game f.ex...)

Day2

#124 Now now, was Durelin's vote any better, somebody took the responcibility of lynching, and that wasn't Durelin.
Agrees with Boromir. Yet Nogrod is unpredictable and is usually the ring-leader...
I'd love to comment the accusation. Why did I point that thing about a possible twin-clue? Heh, because I am crazy about "signs" (as some of you know by now) and because I enjoy proving people wrong.

#133 Doesn't like thinking and says that WW shouldn't be played by analysing. Agrees with Valier that being confused and talking nonsense is good (probably you didn't mean it like that, but I understand it like that... ). Put's a reason why to lynch everyone. Really, this was of no use.

#137 Again she forgets someone... Noggy this time.
I don't get why Durelin suspects Kath here, of course I don't get why she suspects me either. Up to then the only mistakes Kath made was that she was overly friendly, actually same with me (or?). I feel like Durelin just wants to look at Kath to seem helpful, because her only accusation on Kath is that she (Durelin) doesn't like the way Kath talks, no, the way Kath is...

145 Again I see little reason in this post. Durelin votes Kath for the reasons above.
Thinks of me as a waste of time. You don't know how deeply that cut into my egoetic flesh.
Agrees with Boromir about Kitanna being suspicios for going too deep into the Eomer-lynchers.

Day3

#195 Durelin, get a hold on yourself, you're much too excited...
Suspects Boromir for going too hard on Anguriel.
Trusts Anguriel. Why? I can't find a reason to trust him...
Finds Nogrod and Kath scary.
Finds me especially scary, because I voted for Kitanna with no of my own reasons. I'll answer now: Kitanna was suspicious, the most suspicious and I trusted Nogrod and the others to have made a right desicion. I was wrong, but I'm sure all of you agree that Kitanna was suspected for a good reason. Voting for anybody who didn't have any votes, that wouldn't have been any better, would it?
Suspects Menel for being just helpful enough to seem innocent, or whatever. And if anybody, doesn't Durelin fall exactly into that category? And isn't mentioning Menel like this exactly being helpful enough to seem innocent?

#206 This one I already mentioned.

#219 Puts people into four nice groups. What is "I don't care"?
This post has more to offer!: What the Morgoth is this???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Thanks, Holby, it's interesting to see how much everyone has posted.
If you wan't my humble opinion, Holby didn't do anything useful there! This is too much like Kath (you, Durelin, so suspect), to be friendly to somebody who "has posted something useful enough to seem innocent". (This makes me want to consider Holby too).
But here Durelin makes a good point! About Kath (whom Durelin so likes to haunt). It is much easier to suspect the "big ones" as they talk more and by that say more things that can be thought of as suspicious.

#229 Votes Kath.

Day4

#255 Agrees with Anguirel that Boromir was killed to frame somebody. Tells that Lommy or Menel might be the ones to be framed. This is one of the "helpful to be innocent"-posts.

I'll continue later, probably in many hours, I'm going to sleep soon, today (in real life) I had a long day and my head is splitting.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #23
Volo

Anguirel or as I'd like to name him, Ahriel or Thorel.

Day1

#6 In-character. Mentions the twins as evil, the first to tempt discussion about them, very likely that he wanted to draw the twins into a trap.
Actually this one feels really wolfish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Dwalin m'lady, you are as enlightening as ever. Does this mean, though, that these Twins have not infiltrated the Wolves? I am still somewhat bemused.
So, Ahriel saw that lady Spawn had something to do with the twins. How could we not notice this...

#15 Haha

#26 Suspects Dorimor because of Dorimor's trust of Anguirel.
Suspects Holbytlass for her joke.
Suspects Duriel for being "dead".

#27 "Oh, and, goodnight, loyal subjects..."

#58 Finds it strange that Kitanna is suspected so early.
Wants to vote Duriel for "trivial reasons".

#60 Gets serious and doesn't want to vote Duriel anymore.
The scary "Hmmm."

I'll continue, have to switch off the computer now...
Old 01-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #24
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Voloin old chap, please be more careful in your reading.

I don't think Nori was killed in order to frame someone.

I think his death does frame some people, but so does every kill. I don't think the wolves killed him to direct a lynching, but to get rid of a Seer.

I mean, if his death was meant to point at me, it's about as ploddingly obvious as Durelin and I being in cahoots, a theory that I know to be wrong...

In the tales of Sherlock Holmes, Holmes's rival is the policeman Lestrade, who always comes up with plausible but wrong solutions.

I think, Voloin, that you might be Lestrade - that is, if you aren't Moriarty.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #25
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

He chanted a song of Werewolfery,
Of piercing, opening, of treachery,
Revealing, uncloaking, betraying.
Then sudden Valier there swaying
Sang in answer a song of staying,
Resisting, battling against power,
Of secrets kept, strength like a tower,
And trust unbroken, freedom, escape;
Of changing and of shifting shape
Of snares eluded, broken traps,
The prison opening, the chain that snaps.

Backwards and forwards swayed their song.
Reeling and foundering, as ever more strong
The chanting swelled, Valier fought,
And all the magic and might she brought
Of Barrow-downs into her words.
Softly in the gloom they heard the posts
Singing afar in N-and-N,
The sighing of the Mods beyond,
Beyond the Haud-en-neghin, on sand,
On sand of bones in Barrow-land.

Then the gloom gathered; darkness growing
In Chapter-by-chapter, the red blood flowing
Beside the Books, where the Movies slew
Tom Bombadil, and stealing drew
Their white posts with their white topics
From were-lit havens. The wind wails,
The wolf howls. The ravens flee.
The mods mutter at the posts in ME-Mirth.
The captives sad in RL mourn.
Thunder rumbles, the fires burn ---
And Valier fell before the wolf.

WOLVES WIN!!

Old 01-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #26
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Game over! Thank you all for playing, and watching, and a special thank you to all the players for their patience with my screwy times.

This was an educational game for me. I learned that I had been spelling Anguirel and Nilpaurion Felagund's names wrong for...ever.

Dreams & Hunter picks & what-not:

Night one -

No picks

Night two -

Durelin seered Nogrod
Wolves chose Spawn
Kath - no pick
Farael - no pick

Night three -

Durelin seered Ang
Wolves chose Nogrod
Kath hunted Nogrod
Farael protected Nogrod

Night four -

Durelin seered Volo
Wolves chose Boro

Night five -

Durelin seered Valier
Wolves chose Durelin

Old 01-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #27
Volo

Thumbs up

Great game!
Thanks Moddwen, I loved your moddwening, especially the theme song and the twisted names!

It was really close (from my view) to Nilp being killed on Night1, for not participating, luckily he came just in time to stop us. Really big thanks to Holby and Nilp, it was an honor to fight by your side!

Also a big and hairy "thank you" to Kath, who for some really strange reason decided to kill Nogrod, I was really worried when I heard that Farael died protecting somebody. Kath, I don't think that it's too wise to Hunt a loudmouth down when the Ranger/Protector succeeded the preveous Night...

It was a lot of fun being a wolf during the Night, but during the Day it was depressing, I wasn't allowed to be a help... Although I decided to play exactly as I would have played were I innocent, or Seer. A strange mix of those two. Nasty ol' Durelin, bite you for spoiling that!

Lommy it's really strange how you can be such a good innocent, as you haven't experienced wolfdom. I promised Aganzir that I'd laugh, so haha.

Valier, really good thinking there last day, I was actually worried if you'd turn on Nilp.

You fighting couple, Menel and Rune, great points! "Pity" that they wen't wrong...

Nasty ol' Anglock, you sure have the skill of making me panic! Just like Boro! Should have listened to Holby and killed Ang... Thanks for being evil to the Evil!

Fili and Kili, sorry to have killed you... They were my favourite dwarves in the Hobbit.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #28
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

An excellent game from a bystander's perspective. Well done to all, particularly the Wolves and, of course, Moddwen.

I rather suspected that the remaining Wolves were Holby and Nilp after Durelin's revelation. Holby has "past form" on encouraging the loudmouth innocents to talk themselves into lynching each other - as I know only too well. And Volo's damning analysis of Nilp, when the game was up for him, did suggest to me that it was a tactic designed to save a fellow Wolf.

Most entetaining, though, and, with due respect to the innocents, I did feel that the Wolves deserved the win. My only reservation is Durelin, who played her role excellently and did not deserve to end up on the losing side.

As for you loudmouth innocents - you only have yourselves to blame - as did my fellow innocents and I in a similar situation ...
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #29
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
And Volo's damning analysis of Nilp, when the game was up for him, did suggest to me that it was a tactic designed to save a fellow Wolf.
Nah, I just wanted to play like I would have played as an innocent/seer. Of course you won't believe me, but that's how I felt about Nilp. Ok, I did make the analysis not trying to put any "good points" into it...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #30
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*sigh*

You guys do know this means Nogrod and I will be blazing on in a "lynch the quiet ones" campaign again, right?

Sorry guys, for my very poor wolf finding abilities...though I guess I could've not found any.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote