The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #4121
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nope, playing in the old one isn't required. I'm just recycling the rules and special roles, basically.

Oh and Lommy, you did play in my previous game. It was two years ago.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #4122
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm interested in a Diamond-modded game.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:01 PM   #4123
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
This oughta be fun. I'm not sure I'll have the time, but I'll be around. When do you, Diamond, intend to start?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM   #4124
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
You wouldn't forget me Di, now you wouldn't you?

The nuisance is in...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #4125
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Count me in.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #4126
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum the Great View Post
This oughta be fun. I'm not sure I'll have the time, but I'll be around. When do you, Diamond, intend to start?
As soon as I have enough people, I would say. Right now I have:

Groin (?)
Lommy
Aganzir
Legate
Kitanna
Gollum (?)
Nogrod
Brinniel
Sally (?)
Shasta

I'm going to start inviting folks methinks, because I want to start ASAP.

Last edited by Diamond18; 10-20-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: update list
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #4127
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Depends on the deadline, but if it works into my schedule I'm up for reconciling my last horrid performance.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #4128
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'm thinking right now that the deadline will be 5 AM CST. The only other feasible option is 1 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #4129
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I'm thinking right now that the deadline will be 5 AM CST. The only other feasible option is 1 AM.
Ouch.

Well then, I can promise I won't ever be around even close to the deadline since that's 6am EST for me. I'd be much happier with the latter possible deadline, though I'm sure our European friends would disagree...
Old 10-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #4130
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I quite like 1 AM CST for a deadline, actually. Count me in.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #4131
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post

I'll play, but I'll have to vote several hours early in either case, as I am in CST right now.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #4132
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

Good gravy.

Erm, if it's 1am I'm probably up for it, but otherwise no way. (I know I'll keep wanting to wake up early and check the game, and it'll screw up my sleep schedule more than it already is.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:11 AM   #4133
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Oh and Lommy, you did play in my previous game. It was two years ago.
I see that now - and I now recall it. It was great game (except that morm killed me rather early ). You may replace "Says she who missed your previous game" with "Says she who forgot your previous game" if that helps at all.

If my maths works, the deadline would be either 9am or 1pm for us Finns, which means I prefer the later one, because otherwise I either have to wake up earlier just for the game, or then I have to vote about 10 hours before the deadline.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:35 AM   #4134
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yes, I prefer the 5 am cst as well. Otherwise I would have little chance to be online at deadline.

However, are we starting before October 26th? The end of daylight saving time might cause some difficulties if the game is already running.

Also starting a separate admin thread might lure in some players. I don't know how many check this thread regularly.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #4135
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'm actually leaning more towards 1 AM now, because 5 AM means getting up ridiculously early every day just because there are two days a week I actually have to be up that early for work. Of course that will mean I'll have to be up way too late on the nights before those forced early mornings. C'est la vie. I could have a nice, manageable deadline in the evening if it wasn't for the couple nights a week I have to work from 5 PM till midnight. I really have a terrible work schedule for modding Werewolf, but I'll make it work.

Perhaps the 27th is a good day to aim for starting the game. I'll go start an Admin thread.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #4136
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Just putting this out there: I've had a pretty wicked idea for a theme game which has been met with delighted enthusiasm by the few people I've told about it. So I'd like to be put on the mod list and if a space opens up when already listed mods need a bit more time to organize things, I'd be able to jump in quickly. I doubt the game will run long, but as usual it will require players who are willing to have all of their opinions completely ignored.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #4137
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am prepared to let you in Fea if you are keen.. The idea of my game is delightful the reality is terrifying ... getting a bit scarily close.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #4138
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I am prepared to let you in Fea if you are keen.. The idea of my game is delightful the reality is terrifying ... getting a bit scarily close.
Would you want to co-mod? Here, I'll PM you the details...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #4139
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I still want to do mine sometime - just have been ill and lazy ... but I quite like playing in your games with my chaos addiction.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #4140
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
but I quite like playing in your games with my chaos addiction.
Well, you're free to either help me keep the rabble in line () or to play.

I'll just need to mention now: there will be absolutely no in-character posting. Any breach of this rule will be met with automatic mod-fire.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:54 AM   #4141
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I think I will forgo that pleasure since being your second in command might be even more of a blast on this occasion .

Old 10-22-2008, 06:02 AM   #4142
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Well I think I will forgo that pleasure since being your second in command might be even more of a blast on this occasion .
I know, right? I intend to recruit while Di's game is in progress and begin immediately following it. This is not an invitational, though I'll certainly strike a few deals with players I think will specifically add to the atmosphere. The more the merrier. Anyway, more about it once Di's settled comfortably into her goddess-hood.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #4143
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
5AM CST sounds alright with me, though I hope that it's alright if I tend to vote a little early.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #4144
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Come now, Mith and Fea -- I think that as punishment for talking openly about the next game before mine's even all the way recruited, you both need to join it.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #4145
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I've never played a lovers' game and I'm afraid taking part in a game that I'm not intimately familiar with will absolutely destroy my ability to balance schoolwork.

Not that I'm unwilling to be coerced, I'll just be out of my comfort zone and therefore quiet and probably hesitant.

But hey- Why not? Count me in. And then you should play in mine.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #4146
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
White-Hand

Hullo everyone! I am very sorry I haven't been around. Things are looking better though(rl). I will try my best to keep the list up-to-date and maybe just maybe play in another game

From what I could gather the list should look like this:

Gollum
Mith
Kit
Shast

(room for one more mod)

I won't be putting Lhuna's name on the list because that is way to far in advance and not really fair to everyone else. I will however, put her name on the list the closer it gets to April.

Ok some other "business" I have noticed that some have decided to have sign-ups and chitty chat about their games here. Having some talk about ones game in here is perfectly fine...afterall one has to lure people in, but getting in-depth about the game and sign-ups clogs this thread making it very difficult for me to find potential mods.

Please make an admin thread

Last edited by Naria; 10-30-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:36 AM   #4147
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Mith has kindly offered to co-mod a specialty game with me next. I'll post up the admin thread soon.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #4148
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

C'mon, c'mon!

In honor of my country's upcoming BIG DAY the Barrowdowns will be hosting a game with a FUN NEW VOTING PROCESS. Do your Barrowdowns DUTY and play!

[/propaganda]
Old 10-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #4149
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

/propaganda
Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #4150
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Np Fea Mith I need to know if you are still interested in modding you own game. I will switch you two around for the time being.

Oh wait! I just realized that Gollum expressed interest before you did Fea hmm I wonder if he/she(?) is still interested. I don't have time right now to pm Gollum, could someone find out for me please and let me know here asap.

Last edited by Naria; 10-28-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #4151
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Naria, I will be happy to go last in the order you placed above. My story is not yet completed, and needs a bit more time to adjust.

Gollum
Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #4152
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Thank you Gollum (still don't know if you're a guy or a girl though

I have edited my post. Again, Mith let me know what you are going to do. Tanks
Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #4153
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sorry,Naria. How about that Gollum goes after Fea and I will go next after that?

That will give me a break between co-modding and modding and means that Gollum isn't displaced.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #4154
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

What is the mod list looking like these days? I'm thinking of throwing in my name on the list of waiting mods.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #4155
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Done and done, thanks Mith. Kitanna you've been added
Old 10-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #4156
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hey Naria, is it still too early for me to host again?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 10-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #4157
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Well m'dear looks like it's been quite awhile since you've last modded I'll go ahead and add you now

PS: Gollum check your PM box please
Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #4158
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
Well m'dear looks like it's been quite awhile since you've last modded I'll go ahead and add you now

PS: Gollum check your PM box please
Hooray, thanks Naria.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #4159
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh man. I'm going to up soon. Better write my story quick!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #4160
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
its been awhile since i partaked in a WW match, when next one is up let me know, i would love to play again and get lynched first day!... again...