The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #3921
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My lazy brain thinks it requires more to plan the game & write narrations than what playing requires (which is what I'm going to do despite the exam week). I was rather saying that if someone else just can mod before me, I'm happy (besides, I was counting on either Farael or Legate or both to mod their games before me).
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #3922
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, I could second Agan - I counted with that someone (Farael, namely) is going to mod before me, and eventually, even someone of the later signed up people may switch with me to run a game on the 23rd-30th February when I definitely cannot mod. So here you have it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:21 PM   #3923
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
White-Hand

The list

Legate
Valy
Menel

As Nogrod stated, one that has been a co-mod in a previous game will not count as a main mod...they are free to sign up. I will leave the list as is for now, if someone wishes to swap positions then please make it known here.

Agan's admin thread is now up. There is room for two more mods.

Last edited by Naria; 02-19-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #3924
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In case all else fails, I've definitely got enough time in the near future to run a game. There are a few times I may be gone for a weekend or so, but I'm mostly clear until mid-late March.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #3925
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Concerning the timing of the games

Just a short notice.

This far it's been declared that both Rikae and Mac will be away from mid-March a "couple of weeks" (two that is?) on.

Also Brinn has said she can't join until May.

So how about we set ourselves a goal of having a Dueling Wizards Werewolf game in the beginning of May?

Before that we have apt time to make two or three games depending on how fast they get enrolled and how long they last.

Do other people have different preferences? With a DW game we'd need a pretty large village (last time it was 30 but I quess we could do with a slightly smaller one as well... but not with one under 20) and so it would be good to know when people are having restrictions in taking part.

But I quess this discussion could be continued in the DW suggestion -thread so as not to interfere with the discussion here about the more immediate games.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #3926
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, Nogrod has PMed me to ask and see if I want to mod the next game... and I do. However, I'm going to need a co-mod as I'm back in University and I may not always be around at the deadline.

So, if anyone would like to co-mod with me, I'll start preparing everything asap.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #3927
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tehee! Double-post. Sorry folks.

I should also mention that I will be away from Feb. 16-26th. I should have Internet at the hotel, but you know how those things work. I believe there's still time for a small game (and I'm looking for 15 players tops) but I'd still need a co-mod to make sure that everything can be played out properly if the game takes longer and I'm found without Interweb.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 AM   #3928
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
What type of game would it be? Something wacky, or a more traditional werewolf game?
Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #3929
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
I believe there's still time for a small game (and I'm looking for 15 players tops) but I'd still need a co-mod to make sure that everything can be played out properly if the game takes longer and I'm found without Interweb.
It would sure be the most safe if you'd have an actual co-mod named already when the game begins but if you could handle the first one or two days I quess you could count on someone of the first drop-outs to become your co-mod. I myself would like more to play as I've modded quite recently. But as I've been lynched three times in a row on Day1 so you could count on me if I'm going to continue this sad trend...

Have you tried to PM anyone about it Farael? I'd guess it's easier to find a co-mod that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor
What type of game would it be? Something wacky, or a more traditional werewolf game?
I guess most of the people are looking forwards to a few more traditional games right now but in the end it's always the mod who decides these things...
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #3930
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
So how about we set ourselves a goal of having a Dueling Wizards Werewolf game in the beginning of May?
That would be excellent. Personally I'd prefer if the game didn't start until after May 8, which is when I'll be back in the US with a lot more time on my hands. But if it did happen to start earlier, I'm sure I could use an internet cafe somewhere in London...
Old 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #3931
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right in the middle of exams, what a plan. Though to be fair, mid to end May would be fine.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #3932
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I would be wanting to play for the Dueling Wizards game when it comes...so whoever ends up modding it please keep me in mind.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #3933
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

OOOh, Dueling Wizards. That's such a fun variation, and I'd love to play.

Mid-May works for me.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #3934
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If you folks have input or suggestions, head over to the DW suggestion thread and offer 'em up. Questions to be answered:

36 hour days, yes or no?
More gifted?
Less wolves?
What kind of gifted?

And more!

Also, any concerns you have, please note them there.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #3935
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Have you tried to PM anyone about it Farael? I'd guess it's easier to find a co-mod that way...
Well, I just don't know who to PM... I haven't been active enough lately and I have not really been keeping in touch with my friends here. I'll wait for a bit and if no-one volunteers (anyone, really, whether old friend or friend to be ) I'll see whom I can snag... err I mean convince.

As to what kind of a game it will be, it'll be straight forward

If we get 15 players:
Three Wolves
One Seer
One Ranger.

If we get 12 players
Two wolves
One Ranger.

In either case, wolves PM at night, no-one PMs during the day
Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #3936
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sounds like a plan. Sign me up, if you will.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #3937
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I should be available for co-modding around that time, Farael. If you can't get anyone else, I'll do it.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #3938
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great! I already started a game-thread and my co-mod Roa has kindly graced it with her presence.

Now we only need players heh. Signups are managed on that thread, since I am notoriously absentminded and might otherwise forget to check this thread.. and things may get messy. Hope to hear from as many of you as possible soon!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 PM   #3939
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Right in the middle of exams, what a plan. Though to be fair, mid to end May would be fine.

Shoot! That's finals week for me too, and then I lose my internet when I move out of my college room. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Oh, and ditto Cabbie. I'm in for your game too, Farael.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-31-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: meh why double post when you can just add? :P
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #3940
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
The list

Legate
Agan
Valy
Menel
I think it's up to Legate and Agan to see this. Legate had a game in June 07 and Agan has never had a game of her own - but she has co-modded after Legate's game...

I'd say we give it a go with Agan but whatever you others think... or whether Agan is ready for it herself - or whether Legate need to be held back from his bursting ideas...

But anyway we need a new one...
Old 02-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #3941
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think Agan should mod next:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, I could second Agan - I counted with that someone (Farael, namely) is going to mod before me, and eventually, even someone of the later signed up people may switch with me to run a game on the 23rd-30th February when I definitely cannot mod. So here you have it.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:01 AM   #3942
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I think it's up to Legate and Agan to see this. Legate had a game in June 07 and Agan has never had a game of her own - but she has co-modded after Legate's game...

I'd say we give it a go with Agan but whatever you others think... or whether Agan is ready for it herself - or whether Legate need to be held back from his bursting ideas...

But anyway we need a new one...
Let me elaborate somewhat on this.

First, it's whatever way if Agan has her game ready, there is no problem for me to let her have her game now. If she is not ready, I have absolutely no problem with coming up with my game right now.

Now, if I were to do the game now - I said already that 23th-30th (from this Friday to the next) I am not here. That means if I were to run a game now, the game would start after I return (or later, depending how the sign-ups go etc.), that is, at the beginning of March. That's of course no problem: I would put up an Admin thread, provide all the information necessary, and then leave and let people to sign up meanwhile (you don't need my assistance for that, and all basic questions will be answered beforehand, and any other questions you'd have surely can wait seven days). We'd spend some time with sign-ups anyway, and personally as I know it the sign-ups may take even longer.

So this is it. But as you see, I'd prefer to settle this matter as soon as possible, so that if it's my turn, I put up the admin thread before I leave. I must say for me personally, it will be almost better to have the game now rather than later, as at least now I know I will have time and not many other duties (or I hope) and also, I wanted to have a little break from playing, and this way I'd have a break by just modding and then jump fresh into Agan's game. But in any case, I said I'm open to everything. If Aganzir wants to present us with her game, I will not restrain her. If she isn't ready yet, I'm here. So I think it's up to Agan now - let her speak and we'll know more

P.S. I also thought about the players' moods as one of the factors - like if people would like a more classic game, and one of us prepared a more complicated one, we could do the more "normal" one first and the other later etc. But that's just if there are any tendencies among the players, as eventually possible factor.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:45 PM   #3943
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So, we decided I will be the one to mod now.

It's going to be a rather normal game, just one without gifteds. I'll try to get the admin thread up tonight.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #3944
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Where does the DW game fall on the list (or is it not on the list?)
Mac and I were talking about co-modding a game sometime in late spring or early summer... it would be a somewhat experimental game, so it's probably best for us to follow a more traditional one. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #3945
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
There had better be another game coming up soon, because it's seriously personal now, between me and the werewolves. I am not a happy camper.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #3946
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thanks for the game, Aganzir, and all the mod-ly effort you're putting into it. I'm sorry for getting you lynched on the first day last game; now I know how it feels!

Last edited by Gwathagor; 02-26-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #3947
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Where does the DW game fall on the list (or is it not on the list?)
Mac and I were talking about co-modding a game sometime in late spring or early summer... it would be a somewhat experimental game, so it's probably best for us to follow a more traditional one. Just thought I'd throw that out there...
I think there were quite a lot of voices that would like to see the DW game after the middle of April. Please correct if I'm wrong with it.

I'm not sure if it's on the list as it has been kind of a sidetrack-thing this far. And seriously we should come back discussing it before long. I have a busy week now but the next week I might be able to concentrate with it once more.

But at least to me it looks like it would be played then - and no one has kind of challenged me modding it. That could be discussed to be sure. I have just taken the initiative as I would like to see that game come true again - and admittedly I'd like to mod it as well & have tried to delve into the rules enough to have an idea about the game-mechanics. But as I said that's open I think.

Looking at the games right now, Agan's game will take a while and then there's Legate's game if I'm not wrong. After these there might be a gap to play one more game before the DW or then not - depending on how fast the games end and how fast they get enrolled.

Whatever the outcome I'm going to apply to your experimental game right now. I couldn't lose it!
Old 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #3948
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

So when IS the next game?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #3949
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
So when IS the next game?
*pats Gwathkins on the head* Now, now. Be patient, little one.

Sorry. I had all kinds of funny names to call you but I'll just have to save them for another game.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #3950
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
You can still use them, Sally. He just can't respond.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #3951
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
You can still use them, Sally. He just can't respond.

Course I can. But his reactions are half the fun.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 AM   #3952
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gwathagor, dead men tell no tales - not even in their location.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 AM   #3953
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Seconded. Gwath, my condolences on your untimely death... but there it is. You're dead now, and you're not allowed to accuse people from beyond the grave.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #3954
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

*rushes off and changes location*

*walks back in whistling casually*
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #3955
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Watch it guys or the chat skwerlz will find you! Isn't there an admin thread this could be on?

Anyway, I wanted to ask whether there was likely to be a simple game any time soon? I want to play again but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with anything any more complicated than a couple of Gifted's.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #3956
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm...is it too early to attempt to claim the mod-ship of a game sometime in mid-late May? Or any time over the summer months if May will be taken up by a DW game.

(The first and last time I modded was last December, I believe.) Thanks!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #3957
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:

Anyway, I wanted to ask whether there was likely to be a simple game any time soon? I want to play again but I don't think I'd be able to keep up with anything any more complicated than a couple of Gifted's.
I would like to know as well. It has been such a long time since I joined a WW game (can't even remember the last one). With so many school and work engagements I would love to join a simple, small game.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #3958
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Watch it guys or the chat skwerlz will find you! Isn't there an admin thread this could be on?
You leave the place for a day or two and see what happens. Thank you Kath. Please keep game conversations limited to the appropriate admin thread.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #3959
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I guess Legate is the next mod and if I remember it correctly he was thinking about a pretty standard game with no extraordinary props included.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #3960
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, whenever the next game starts you know I'm up for it. Until then, I'm off into the shadows....