The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #3881
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye all right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Also, Phantom perhaps we could try co-modding a game? I don't know about your idea or any guest writers you may have, but I wouldn't mind it.
I don't mind letting you in on my village, but I would hate to rob you of a village of your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
If not, by all means start your "innovative" game, there's a reasonable chance I'll have a little time for modding in January.
Well, since you don't seem to mind (and I see that Might has approved as well), I suppose I will go ahead and start my village as soon as I get a final okay from morm.

EDIT: morm has approved.

And as a token of appreciation, Farael, you are welcome to be a guest-narrator if you wish (don't worry, it won't be that much work, just a day-beginning post most likely). In addition, I will inform you of the roles of the villagers (for your viewing pleasure), and also let you in on the secret twist that the game will feature.

Also, do not sign up for my village here on this thread.

And don't sign up on the game thread either.

(those who have already requested a place before this post, I will save spots for you)

Send me a pm to sign up, but only after I've announced that I am ready on the game thread, and after you've read what the prerequisites are. The criteria isn't terribly exclusive, but there will be a participation rule or two that might cause problems, as well as a rule or two that will be given to a random individual. These extra rules must be followed, otherwise the individual will be killed off by me. (btw, this is not a game for someone brand spankin' new to werewolfing, only sign up if you have a bit of experience under your belt, gifted experience would be helpful just in case you are selected to be the special twist, I expect a high level of play)
Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #3882
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I don't mind letting you in on my village, but I would hate to rob you of a village of your own.

Well, since you don't seem to mind (and I see that Might has approved as well), I suppose I will go ahead and start my village as soon as I get a final okay from morm.

EDIT: morm has approved.

And as a token of appreciation, Farael, you are welcome to be a guest-narrator if you wish (don't worry, it won't be that much work, just a day-beginning post most likely). In addition, I will inform you of the roles of the villagers (for your viewing pleasure), and also let you in on the secret twist that the game will feature.

Also, do not sign up for my village here on this thread.

And don't sign up on the game thread either.

(those who have already requested a place before this post, I will save spots for you)

Send me a pm to sign up, but only after I've announced that I am ready on the game thread, and after you've read what the prerequisites are. The criteria isn't terribly exclusive, but there will be a participation rule or two that might cause problems, as well as a rule or two that will be given to a random individual. These extra rules must be followed, otherwise the individual will be killed off by me. (btw, this is not a game for someone brand spankin' new to werewolfing, only sign up if you have a bit of experience under your belt, gifted experience would be helpful just in case you are selected to be the special twist, I expect a high level of play)

*is intrigued* hmmmm now I really do want to have internet over break. curse Nebraska for not having basically the whole flippin state on Wi-Fi.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #3883
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
(btw, this is not a game for someone brand spankin' new to werewolfing, only sign up if you have a bit of experience under your belt, gifted experience would be helpful just in case you are selected to be the special twist, I expect a high level of play)
Do you want us to hand in resumes?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #3884
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
From what he says it almost sounds as if he prepared a game where you sign-up in secret and then in the game you don't even know who plays Maybe all the game will be played via PMs and to keep the secrecy complete, phantom will send all our PMs on the game thread as posts but we won't know who posted them... and then we are to deduce who the players are and also who of them is the wolf. Then I say "I vote Mac" and later we learn that Mac didn't even play in this game. Then people start to debate whether I voted Mac because I made a mistake or whether I am a wolf and intentionally wasted a vote. Wow, now that would be really innovative style of game

(No, I know it ain't funny, it's really like that, of course.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #3885
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
(btw, this is not a game for someone brand spankin' new to werewolfing, only sign up if you have a bit of experience under your belt, gifted experience would be helpful just in case you are selected to be the special twist, I expect a high level of play)
Even if I can't be sure what tp means I think I have a hunch on what he's after... I think the important things might be the ones I've underlined. The latter one I think is the more important one. (Sorry phantom if I read you wrongly but this is also something I'd like to say from my part as well...)

Okay. I've learned my lessons in BD WW during the multiple games I've played and I've also learned to appreciate that there are different ways of playing the WW - including just flying under the radar (Naria in the last game she was in! see her participation in the Nightly discussions vs. her scant posts during the Days!) or simply going with the flow. Those players are challenges for the ordinary villagers (are they ordos or sneaky wolves for you can't say anything about them as they don't "say" anything?) and assets for the wolves (never kill an innocent one of them as the innocents need to waste their lynches on them on just pure quesswork). In a normal game one should just admit that and stick to playing with that in mind. And that's okay, it's how the game is.

And before you read further just remember what I said above: that's okay, it's how the game is. I'm not complaining about anything as I've accepted what the game is and I still really love to play it! All the time! Time and time again!

~*~

But to be sincere I must also say that I do enjoy playing the game the most when all the players around are somewhat dedicated to the game. Being dedicated doesn't mean one has to post a gazillion posts or something but that they read and think independently and are able and willing to go openly with their own ideas. That makes playing both a goodie and a baddie a challenge that goes pass pure guesswork. The everlasting question of a bluff - double-bluff - triple-bluff etc. surely remains even then, but it makes sense to try to read it out when everyone else are also putting in a dedicated effort...

A case in point is the early lynch of Rikae in the game before the last one... just because she acted funnily / differently on Day1. Not that we shouldn't vote for someone on Day1 - well, we have to - but because feeling secure to vote for any shared enigma on the rhetorical level sounds pretty lowbrow indeed (it's a different thing if you actually can come up with a reason why someone as a wolf would act in way that is not straight out from the "handbook" - and sadly most wolves nowaDays also act just according to the handbook and just stay low and nice). What I mean by "lowbrow" is not risking oneself eg. playing it too safe even if one is just a villager, going with the flow, not thinking independently, not risking anything... so just playing for staying alive and not for actually playing and having fun?

~*~

So what I can gather from the phantom's message is that he's wishing for a game into which the players would be dedicated to and where they would play hard and actively - and not be afraid of new or unforeseen situations (the first underlining).

I mean I know A Little Green pretty well and I think she's an intelligent, witty and cool person (she's my daughter, yes ) but when she got into a role of a wolf in her first game she was lynched on Day2 with overwhelming majority. One day she will be a killer - I tell you this because I know she will be much shrewder than I can ever be as she gets the taste of this game - in these games later but not yet. She needs to play and get the experience; to learn how to play in different roles, under pressure, to learn how different people play different roles etc.

So no resumeés but a kind of mutual or shared understanding about what kind of game we're applying into - what is required from the mod(s) and what is required from the players.

~*~

I hope not to give birth to this age-old discussion about "what werewolf actually is" as the arguments have been made quite a many times already and as I said before I'm happy with the game as it is and I love you all anyways. If you have strong opinions against what I said please neg-rep me or send me a PM so that I can answer you as well as I can.

~*~

I see no problem in tp to wish to have a game with some prerequirements. And we should not overestimate them either as I think tp only wished to say that if you've never been under pressure please reconsider (my first underlining) and if you're going to stick in once per Day to vote with no reason at all (my second underlining) you shouldn't take part!!!

Otherwise I'd believe everyone is the most welcome!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #3886
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp in the thread
Each day, I expect everyone to post and vote. If you do not vote more than once, I will deal a blow to your side. Also, if you contribute little or nothing to the discussion more than once, I will deal a blow to your side. So remember, you won't just be hurting yourself- you'll be hurting your fellow villagers/werewolves.
tp seems to have said the thing more eloquently and definitively than I did with my page-long mumble...
Old 12-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #3887
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Thumbs up

WW42 - Admin thread is up!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 PM   #3888
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Silmaril Important notification to ALL FUTURE MODS

I don't know if everybody has noticed this, so I thought it'd be better said aloud here before any serious catastrophe occurs.

Since the forum system was updated last summer, multiple private message recipients have been able to see to else the private message has been sent to. So, if you for example sent me, Nogrod and Aganzir a role pm saying "you are an ordinary villager", I would be able to see that Nogrod and Aganzir have received the same pm as I and thus I would know they're ordos. So, don't send a role pm to more than one person at a time!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #3889
Volo

White Tree

One place left in the 42nd Werewolf game! Take it now and the game will start in exactly 24 hours.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:26 AM   #3890
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'd like to learn to play. Maybe next game?
Old 01-20-2008, 06:46 AM   #3891
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I'd like to learn to play. Maybe next game?
Welcome Gwathagor! I hope to see you in the next one! Reading a few earlier games might help you grasp the idea (I noted you had made some questions on the matter).
Old 01-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #3892
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. is Farael still around wishing to stage the next game? Or the Might?

If I have read people's opinions around correctly the next one should be pretty basic as we've had a few of these pretty weird ones lately...
Old 01-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #3893
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

The list

Farael
Legate(?)

There is now room for three more mods. I will PM Miggy and find out if he's still interested

Edit: *sigh*I just heard back from TM and as you can see he will not be modding his game.

Please, do sign up if you wish to be a moderator and you haven't been one in the past six months.

Last edited by Naria; 01-22-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #3894
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just take a path down the memory lane...

I was just curious who had modded games the last and ended up making quite a survey. It's only two years as I hadn't time for a full sweep but even this should bring back some nice memories with people.

And to show whose turn it is to mod besides those who have not tried it yet.

PS. the dates after the titles are those when the actual game-thread was begun so not necessarily the day when Day1 was played - but near enough. Also the dates are written in the logical style so first the date, then the month and last the year.

PS.2. For those of you who don't know the term WWJ means a "werewolf junior" game we had going alongside the "regular" games but which in the end (before they were closed) were no different from the non-junior games in practise.

~*~

Volo XLII - The meaning of life forever (14.1.08)

the phantom XLI - With a Twist (12.12.07)

Nogrod XL - The scouring of the Shire, vol.2 (26.11.07)

Thinlómien XXXIX - Do Werebalrogs have wings? (11.11.07)

Gil-Galad XXXVIII - E.T.T.T.S.O.W.I. (29.10.07)

Shastanis Althreduin XXXVII- Weres of Eire (2.9.07)

Feanor of the Peredhil XXXVI (26.7.07)

~*~~*~ the six-months line... ~*~~*~

Legate of Amon Lanc XXXV - Werewolves among the Wolf-men (13.6.07)

The Saucepan Man XXIV - Bloodbath in the Anduin Vale (28.5.07)

Rikae XXXIII - Other Minds and Hands (13.5.07)

Volo XXXII - The Lost Age (21.4.07)

Meneltarmacil XXXI - The Unknown Enemies (2.4.07)

Macalaure XXX - Tol-in-Elendili: The Isle of the Were-Faithfuls (18.2.07)

Nogrod XXIX - Dor-en-Gaur (25.1.07)

Oddwen XXIIX - Queer Lodgings (7.1.07)

Durelin XXVII - Ballroom Blitz (18.12.06)

Feanor of the Peredhild XXVI - Úcenite Valto (12.11.06)

Jenny Hallu WWJ XIII - 'Til Death Do We LARP (7.11.06)

Diamond18 XXV - All Star Crossed With Nowhere to Go (29.10.06)

Sleepy Ranger XXIV - Battle of the Band[Wagon] (27.9.06)

Valier WWJ XII - "Oh the tangled web we weave..." (20.9.06)

Glirdan WWJ XI - When World's Collide (6.7.06)

Valesse WWJ X - Hithlum Zydeco Blues; Hísilómë in Hísimë (30.6.06)

Cailín XXIII - Journey to Hy Brazil (19.6.06)

Kath XXII - Hic Monstrae Trucidant (28.5.06)

Lommy & Nogrod WWJ IX - Psychotic Penguins: The Crossing of Helcaraxë (25.5.06)

Littlemanpoet XXI - Dueling Wizards Werewolf (11.5.06)

Farael XX - Wereorc I: The elves cannot hide themselves much longer. (13.4.06)

Diamond18 WWJ VIII - Things That Go "Quack" In The Night (10.4.06)

Valier WWJ VII - Attack of the Werecats:The ppuuuurrfect village (21.3.06)

Mithalwen WWJ VI - Return to Midsomer Mawlin - Kill me again (15.3.06)

Nilpaurion Felagund XIX - Ang Sagang Daga, bow. (14.3.06)

Sleepy Ranger WWJ V - The Broken Souls (27.2.06)

Shelob XVIII - The Play’s The Thing… (21.2.06)

Kitanna WWJ IV - Let the insanity ensue (13.2.06)

Meneltarmacil XVII - The Saga Continues to Continue quite Continuously (3.2.06)

Glirdan WWJ III - Nan Qualinmerë: Death Wish Valley (20.1.06)

EDIT: added the six-months line

EDIT2: realised I should have given those titles as links... but that's too late now.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-22-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #3895
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That surely brings back memories....

I believe WWJ III was my first game ever. And WWJ IV was my first game as a wolf (and the first game where Nogrod and I squared off ) if my memory serves me correctly. It's been a long time since then.

Is anyone still talking about another Deuling Wizards game?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #3896
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria View Post
Please, do sign up if you wish to be a moderator and you haven't been one in the past six months.
Well, you know what. I wanted to mod when I'm allowed a some time ago, though now I am not sure how I'm going to cope with the time. And mainly, I wanted to have some time to prepare the game before I release it... on the other hand, the sooner I sign up (and thus, have something to push me to start working on it), the sooner I'll have it done...

What is clear that I won't be able to run the game by the days around 23rd-30th February, but otherwise it could be good. Well, it all depends on how this game and the game after goes, and I can always try to switch if someone else signs up.

Okay, so: Sign me up, with a little question mark, so to say, but most probably I'll be able to run a game.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #3897
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Is anyone still talking about another Deuling Wizards game?
Ahh, Dueling Wizards werewolf! I have thought of that too sometimes...

Maybe the time would be ripe in some near future?

I guess now many people would prefer one or two rounds of quite basic WW for a change (after phantom's and Volo's pretty sneaky / avantgardist games) but after that I think we might try one Dueling wizards again.

First of all that game would require a host of players (20+) who would actually need time to chew the rules so we'd need time to see whether there would be a sufficient number of players interested in that kind of a game.

Secondly we'd need a mod who would be able to pull all the strings together and to be reliable enough so that the players would trust the game is not going to fall apart because the mod(s) can't handle it.

I could be interested indeed to mod that game later this spring if you all trust me enough - even though my death in the hands of my cruel mistress in the last one still kind of calls for revenge...

But yes, I'd rather try modding it. That would be a challenge up to me and not up to whether Roa wishes to finish me off in the eyes of other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
That surely brings back memories....

And WWJ IV was my first game as a wolf (and the first game where Nogrod and I squared off)
I do remember that as well as that was my first game ever and I was the seer who managed to pick you on Night1... Well, that was a battle I do remember - like those you have won after that.

But yes... *sighs*

Nice memories. I've really enjoyed playing with you Roa whatever the turnout has been.

PS. I kind of remember there was one game where we trusted each other and won the game in the end for the innocents...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-22-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #3898
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well I think it is true that a couple of simple games would be much appreciated I think there might be interest in a Duelling Wizards game, and Volo got 21 players so it is doable.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #3899
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

For a possible future game of Dueling Wizards I'd like to bring forwards a few things.

First of all there was something like a slight inbalance in the one we played making it a bit easier for the evil wizard to win (even if you were spectacular Roa you must admit you had the upper hand also because of the rules). That should be adjusted somehow. I'd like to go back to those discussions we had then and to have a review on them even if someone else would be the one to actually orchestrate the game itself.

Secondly I kind of liked one of lmp's comments after the game where he said something like that there was a genuine feeling of a crowded village where people heard only this and that rumour and not necessarily everything. And they acted on what they heard. I'd love to exploit that fact in the narrations...

And even if I'm one of those who usually kind of complain that people just sneak in, look around and vote with the latest rumour, then in a setting where there are so many people posting that only hardcore players like me read everything and try to consider it all that could be appreciated differently. And the narrations might try to mirror these things as well.

I also loved the families that were formed by the players themselves, the couples, the children, the families, the relations... and they brought a lot of things to speak of in the first Days anyway. I'd like to see something like that once more.

But as I said I think we'd need to have a few "basic games" now the next after these more experimental ones.

If you people think bringing on the Dueling Wizards the second time is a good idea maybe we could open a planning thread for it? Later in the spring we might be able to play it as there could be enough people who have a grasp of the rules which we should revise before that. As it's a bit more complicated game we should start planning it soon even if it's played later. And it would be frustrating to do the work if the game never comes reality.

So Roa and Kath seem to be interersted with this short call. Who else? If there are people enough I (or someone) can open a thread for the discussion so that we don't need to fill this thread with a discussion on something that would be played only later.

So please come forwards if you're interested. Let's change the thread then with this one...

PS. this doesn't mean I myself or some others taking part in this discussion would leave Werewolf before this game comes reality - if it comes. On the contrary I'm ready to apply for the next game already even if it's not sure who will mod it and when... This is kind of planning ahead as this would be a game that requires some planning indeed.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-22-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #3900
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But as I said I think we'd need to have a few "basic games" now the next after these more experimental ones.
I'll have to second that. Experimenting is wonderful at times, and can lead to great progress, but there is also a time and need for getting back to our roots. Also, balance is nice too. That and a break once in awhile.
Plus, I miss the old village concept a bit. With the rumor/reasoning aspect. It was highly enjoyable, for me at least. :P

~ Pondering Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:26 PM   #3901
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Narya

Quote:
And even if I'm one of those who usually kind ofcomplain that people just sneak in, look around and vote with the latest rumour
lol Thanks Noggy that made my day

I would also love to participate in another Dueling Wizards. Although difficult to grasp at first, I quickly found out what to do...with of course, Roa's help

I too loved the family aspect. I was actually saddened to see my father(saucie) lynched.

Soo yeah, I'm in!

Re: Modding
Legate, I have updated my post.

Last edited by Naria; 01-22-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #3902
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Dueling Wizards Vol2 would be hilarious. There are a lot of great players who weren't around when the first DW was played and I think they'd love to try it (and I'd love to play it with them).

If I wasn't so enthusiastic about actually playing, I could volunteer to be a sub-mod. Because besides of the actual mod, we almost certainly need to have sub-mods for the good and the evil team.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #3903
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My first game was WWJ IX, Lommy's and Nogrod's Psychotic Penguins game, just after the first Dueling Wizards. Unless you start in mid-March, I'm definitely going to join a new one (after a few simple games have taken place, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Just take a path down the memory lane...
Talking of that, what happened to the old Grimoire (not the personal statistics, but the game summaries)?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #3904
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have no idea what a Dueling Wizards game is and what it involves, but it certainly sounds like lots of fun....I would love to participate if it's at all possible.

The only problem is that I don't think I could participate in anything like that unless it didn't actually start until May...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #3905
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I read the thread for the last DW game and it looked like a ton of fun. But I don't know if I'd be able to play or not, as I seriously need to concentrate on homework this semester. I'd probably still sign up though because....well, because I'm addicted.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #3906
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I think I'd be interested in trying a DW game, although, like Macalaure, I most likely won't play WW for a couple weeks in mid-March.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #3907
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I also have no idea what Duelling Wizards is (though I might take a wild guess that it involves wizards and duelling) but it sounds intriguing.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #3908
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sounds like a good time to me. I'll go and read the first thread when I have time.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #3909
Volo

Now that is the most experimental game I've ever seen! I'll play fo sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
If I wasn't so enthusiastic about actually playing, I could volunteer to be a sub-mod. Because besides of the actual mod, we almost certainly need to have sub-mods for the good and the evil team.
What about using e-mail? I don't remember exactly what the sub-mod did in DW, but e-mailing worked well in WW32.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #3910
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'll help you Mod a DW game, Nogrod. I'm on Pacific Time now (-8 GMT) so I could easily be around when you aren't. I'll be the Evil team's mod.
(We really need an evil smilely.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #3911
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ah, Pacific Time.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #3912
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
(We really need an evil smilely.)
We do! And I have a good one somewhere, just can't remember where I put it.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #3913
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Ah, Pacific Time.

Bah. Give me good old fashioned Central Time any day of the week. Well, except when it's like 3am for most of you and only 9pm here and so I sit around waiting for posts and such and get nothing. Quite depressing.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #3914
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Any sign of Farael? Anyone? Or is the Might still interested in modding? Or should Legate start to gear up?

Anyway someone could come forwards.

As I said earlier I might be very interested in modding the DW II later in the spring after we have a few normal games under our belt first so that experiments feel good again. And thank's Roa for offering your help as a co-mod - even if I'd love to see you play as well...

But let's give it some time now (and get a game rolling meanwhile). I try to read and think the rules in coming weeks and maybe we could continue the rules discussion in the DW-thread somewhat later?
Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #3915
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If it doesn't count that I helped Lommy with some narrations...

You can add me on the list.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #3916
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I sent Farael a PM about whether he still wishes to mod a game.

I don't see any problem with you Aganzir helping to write narrations to Lommy. I mean you have never modded a WW-game yourself and it would be great to see and to take part in your game.

I'd suggest that either of you two, Legate or Aganzir should mod the next game if there's nothing from Farael or the Might in a few days.

Or what do you say Morm and Naria?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #3917
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I would like at some point to host another WereCat game. It would be a simple game with perhaps only 3 or 4 gifted and 3 or 4 wolves. I'm in no hurry, so put me on the list after some newer people have hosted if they want.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #3918
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I would like at some point to host another WereCat game. It would be a simple game with perhaps only 3 or 4 gifted and 3 or 4 wolves. I'm in no hurry, so put me on the list after some newer people have hosted if they want.
Well Legate modded quite recently himself but Aganzir has never done it... Then again it has been time since you Valier modded...

The trouble is I'm not so sure whether what Legate said should be read as an immediate interest to stage the next game or saying he would be wishing to do it a bit later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, you know what. I wanted to mod when I'm allowed a some time ago, though now I am not sure how I'm going to cope with the time. And mainly, I wanted to have some time to prepare the game before I release it... on the other hand, the sooner I sign up (and thus, have something to push me to start working on it), the sooner I'll have it done...

What is clear that I won't be able to run the game by the days around 23rd-30th February, but otherwise it could be good. Well, it all depends on how this game and the game after goes, and I can always try to switch if someone else signs up.

Okay, so: Sign me up, with a little question mark, so to say, but most probably I'll be able to run a game.
I think we need Morm here.

But let's settle this anyway.

I'd be glad to be in anyone's game!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #3919
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, I know I won't have time to mod right now. It's the exam week, he-he, someone's supposed to be studying.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #3920
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
someone's supposed to be studying.
And someone's supposed to be reading what you students write during this exam-week...

But then again I don't think any game would start in a few days anyway... It takes some time to gather the players so it would be the next week the earliest, if not longer as I think it would be.

Don't shy away. You're good in this. I'm pretty confident in it.