The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #521
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Behind the Scenes... Night Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
First kill
Hi Pitch,
Well, I think we've made a very unlucky start! Elf is gone and you are suspected. The only reason I'm not suspected is because I could hardly play all day.
Ok, it's going to go better from now on.
Are you also worried that Sally is the seer?
I have a feeling about Wilwarin too - think she might have a special role.
Let me know your thoughts.
Eomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
And then there were two...
Hi,
just skimmed through the thread and found our TEWie fenrissed. This could have gone a lot better...
I hope I'll be able to talk myself out of suspicion for Feawagoning toMorrow. It was an easy vote, of course, but I couldn't really come up with anything better. (I didn't mean to bandwagon, btw - had intended to vote her all along and wasn't exactly happy when Greenie went ahead and took the vote right out of my keyboard.) Anyway, Shasta and sally will probably come after me a bit, but otherwise it doesn't look too bad.
You should be allright, I think, with having to vote early when there was little to go on.
I'm going to reread the thread later and try to make up my mind who should be our dinner toNight. At the moment, I'm mainly wondering what to do about Agan, who had both of us on her short list - then again, there's a chance she'll go on one of her famous witch-hunts sooner or later and create some useful diversion (as long as she doesn't pick one of us, of course). And I'd rather not kill her this early in our first game together.
Have you sensed any gifted vibes from anybody yet? And what about our trusted cobbler? (Ironically, I thought about hinting to xem myself, but couldn't find a way to do it unconspicuously enough...) Let's see if I can find anything.
Till later,
Pitchwolf
Quote:
Re: First kill
Hi again,
didn't see your message before sending mine (was a bit distracted by having the plumber in the house).
Quote:
Hi Pitch,
Well, I think we've made a very unlucky start! Elf is gone and you are suspected. The only reason I'm not suspected is because I could hardly play all day.
Yeah, it's been a somewhat suboptimal outcome, but let's not panic. At least I've managed to fool Lottie, who can be a fearful wolf-spotter at times. And I appreciated Boro's defense, of course. Do you think he could perhaps be our cobbler?
Quote:
Are you also worried that Sally is the seer?
I suppose you mean her #58 with her talk about 'sorting out what she is' and 'pinning the entire wolf-pack'? Now you mention it, I see the possibility. There's also that 'genius we can trust' stuff from early in the Day. Could be a candidate for dinner.
Quote:
I have a feeling about Wilwarin too - think she might have a special role.
Bah, I totally overlooked her vote for me in my quick read-through! Do you mean 'special' as in gifted? I don't think Zil mentioned anything about secret roles in this game, did he?
Quote:
Let me know your thoughts.
I will, once I've sorted them.

Pitchwolf
Quote:
who to eat...
Hi Pitch,

I had that thought about Boro as well (that he might be the cobbler) but it's probably just due to our knowledge of your wolvery - any support is going to look potentially cobblerish.

My worry about Sally is purely because she latched onto you so quickly. Of course it could be just luck on her part; but she's certainly a seer-candidate.

I hesitate to kill her now because I think it points to your guilt. However, judging by her list (and my non-participation yesterday) I really doubt she'd dream of me. So I propose we leave her tonight; let's see if she continues her suspicion of you tomorrow. If she calls off the attack then she's almost certainly not the seer.

I thought Wilwa could be the seer or ranger, however this is only a hunch I get from reading her posts. Not based on anything more.

So: kill candidates. Let's see. Aganzir, Greenie, and Fea are all combustible elements who can fight with each other. Let's leave them.

I think Shasta might be a good idea to lynch: he suspects you and always, always suspects me - seriously: in every single game we've played together.

I'll have another think, and want to hear your thoughts, but I'm leaning towards brutally slaughtering Shasta tonight.

We have about 2 hours to get a name in to Inziladun. I await your thoughts.

Eomer.
Quote:
Suggestions for dinner
Hi,

I went through the thread again en detail and am rather confused now. There is something to your sally=Seer idea, I must admit - she's more or less the only one who's been looking (indeed almost making an effort to look) noticeably seerish.
Which is precisely what makes me doubt that it's her. She's rather fond of cunning plans, and it would be totally like her to drop fake seer-hints and set herself up as a decoy.
Now I just had a crazy idea. Remember that little exchange between sally and Lottie early in the Day? "we need a genius" - "I get the hint"? Could that possibly have meant "I need someone to act as seer to give me cover" - "all right, I'll do it"? Or am I imagining things?
Problem with that is, how could they have known to trust each other? Only if seer-Lottie had dreamed ranger-sally N1 so they'd gotten to PM, it seems (which isn't good for us but not too bad either, since it means we haven't been dreamed yet). But then again, it wouldn't make sense for the ranger to attract our attention and get killed, depriving the seer of protection.
*noise of Pitchie's brilliant little theory collapsing*

I've also an inexplicable hunch that there's something going on between sally, Shasta and wilwa (meaning either sally-Shasta or sally-wilwa) - don't know if it's just me reacting to their suspicion, but I'm a little scared of an early seer-ranger conspiracy against us. On the other hand, sally's also been suspicious of the other two, so maybe not.

If sally's not the seer, I haven't really got an idea who could be. Probably someone I'm not thinking of. And I'm afraid I haven't found out much about the rest of the world (other than that they're all innocent and juicy). What about you?

So, should we eat sally and find out whether she tastes seerish? Or do we go for the classical no-trail kill - e.g. someone like skip? Or something completely different?
Speaking of the kill, which of us should send it in? I can do it, if we reach a decision soonish, but it's bedtime for me in about an hour (~2200 GMT or at least not much later).

What do you say?

Pitchwolf

P.S. Just read your last and agree about sally (see above) and keeping the 'combustible elements'. And I'd be not at all averse to having some Shasta; rare, please!
Quote:
Shasta?
Pitch,

I would rather kill Shasta now, not Sally. Because I do have an objection to a Sally-kill, I will let
Inziladun know we choose Shasta. If you suddenly think of an objection then you are free to let Inzi know.

I will PM Inzi now as it's past bedtime!

Hope it's a wise choice!

Happy hunting,

Eomer.
Quote:
more...
And I know what you mean about Sally-Wilwa-Loslote. I've a funny feeling about that corner of the village.

Keep your eyes peeled and play smart! But more importantly: play lucky.

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: Shasta? and more...
Quote:
Pitch,
I would rather kill Shasta now, not Sally. Because I do have an objection to a Sally-kill, I will let Inziladun know we choose Shasta. If you suddenly think of an objection then you are free to let Inzi know.
No objections, I'm fine with that.
All the best for toMorrow! May the Lord Melkor smile on us!
Pitch
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #522
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
So, should we eat sally and find out whether she tastes seerish? Or do we go for the classical no-trail kill - e.g. someone like skip?
Oh, the irony!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #523
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Behind the Scenes... Night Three

Quote:
Sorry

Can I just say that I feel like a total fool and asshole now?

It started as a spontaneous wolf-on-wolf (which tends to come much easier to me than making credible cases against innocents), but it got totally out of hand. When first Lottie, then sally and Agan latched on to it, I knew we were in deep trouble, but I didn't really see a way to not vote you without
suspicious backpedalling. Holding my vote till a minute after DL was the best I could do in that situation for damage control - luckily sally didn't get to vote (I was of course hoping she'd vote wilwa over you, but you never know).

I hope I haven't lost the game for us. Will think about whether and how we can get out of this after some hours sleep (needed quite urgently now).

Blargh.

Pitch
Quote:
exciting!

Hehe, don't worry about it. I like it when the pressure's on.

At least you're looking better than you did yesterday. ;)

I think I'm being suspected for posting a lot when I don't really have much to say. It was something I wanted, although pretty risky. However, I'm sure I'll be able to make a couple of better posts next Day.

They will have to be long, detailed posts though - as I won't have much time that day. My plan now is to make more reasonable cases against certain villagers, which should be possible given we'll have 2 days of activity to look at.

I think I could sway Aganzir; you'll have to change your vote, of course! And I think I can make a case against Loslote and Greenie.

So let's kill someone else. Any ideas?

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: exciting!
Quote:
Hehe, don't worry about it. I like it when the pressure's on. :D
At least you're looking better than you did yesterday. ;)
Glad you're taking it that way! And yes, I should be, as long as nobody suspects the true motive for my voting too late.

Quote:
My plan now is to make more reasonable cases against certain villagers, which should be possible given we'll have 2 days of activity to look at.
You do that, hope you're better at it than I am. I'm thinking of examining skip a little closer - his 3rd vote for wilwa could provide some ammunition.

Quote:
I think I could sway Aganzir; you'll have to change your vote, of course! And I think I can make a case against Loslote and Greenie.
Good luck! I'd be happy to change my vote, of course; may need a bit of 'convincing', though.

Quote:
So let's kill someone else. Any ideas?
We should really try to get the Seer (I don't think it's likely to be sally after yesterDay). I wonder if it could be Lottie - maybe her quiet manner is because she's dreamed only innocents up to now and doesn't want to attract too much attention by being more controversial?

But I'll have to go through the thread again and see if anything else pops up. Unfortunately, I haven't got too much time left for it (the curse of the working class...), but I'll get back to you.

Till later,
Pitch
Quote:
Kill tonight

Hi Pitch,

Loslote is an option I would not be against. No seer is jumping out at me, anyway. I'm not sure how strong her hints about me were, though. Also not convinced she would dream about me.

However, I will read through the thread once more and then give my final reply. This should be in another half hour or so. I agree we need to get the Seer.

Til then, I remain,

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: Kill Tonight

Hi Eomer,

some alternatives to Lottie:

What do you think of Nerwen? She doesn't seem to be particularly suspected by anybody (except
Lottie, who mentioned her as a suspect with wilwa and Fea), thus would be difficult to lynch. I'm hoping she's not the Seer, but if she is, we've been damn lucky so far and need to get rid of her ASAP.

And I've just noticed something funny about Boro and Fea: both have explicitely stated who they don't want to see lynched, both trust each other, and both also have Agan on their no-lynch lists.
Could we be looking at a PMing seer-ranger duo here, protecting each other and a dreamed innocent?

Does that make sense to you? And if it does, who do you think could be which?

Any other ideas?

Pitch
Quote:
more

I noticed Boro said he trusted me and Fea; but I honestly think it's just because we've known each other a long time - and Boro's like that. I will check it out again, though, to see if it looks more hopeful.

I was excited because I saw Aganzir immediately put Nerwen on her INNOCENT list on Day One; however, Nerwen then moved from 'innocent' to 'don't know' on Day Two. This makes me think that Aganzir probably isn't the Seer.

I will read through again now.
Quote:
Boro

Hi Pitch,

I think you may be right with Boro. He could be our Seer; it looks like he dreamed about Fea.

There are arguments against this. i.e. he also said he had a good feeling about both me and you! However, he seems especially insistent about Fea.

Plus, I have nothing better to go on.

Not sure about Nerwen.

At the moment I'm leaning towards killing Boro.

What do you think?

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: Boro

Quote:
Hi Pitch,
I think you may be right with Boro. He could be our Seer; it looks like he dreamed about Fea.
There are arguments against this. i.e. he also said he had a good feeling about both me and you! However, he
seems especially insistent about Fea.
Well, that was on Day 1 when he'd had only one dream to go on, and I don't see any particular reason why he
would dream either of us first, so why should he feel bad about us?

Quote:
Not sure about Nerwen.
Me neither, except that she's always dangerous to the other side, whatever she is, and I've got a nagging
feeling that we'll regret it if we leave her alive too long.
But maybe she doesn't have to die toNight. (Plus, there's hope Zil has complied with sally's
pre-game request not to make her the Seer again!)

Quote:
At the moment I'm leaning towards killing Boro.
Looks like our best bet at the moment. And let's hope he doesn't turn out to be our cobbler after all (although it would be hilarious meta-gamewise).

All right, let's go for him!

Pitch
Quote:
delicious, delicious Boro

Pitch,

Ok, let's eat Boro! I will PM Inzi now.

I hear what you say about Nerwen. Let's hope we can keep her sweet. I have faith in us.

Remember I will hardly be around tomorrow, but I fully intend on explaining that early on in the day. I will try to make a couple of good posts early on, and then just hope no-one votes for me.

If I am lynched, though, I have total faith in you!

Happy hunting,

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: delicious, delicious Boro
Quote:
If I am lynched, though, I have total faith in you!
Thanks, I wish I had as much! I've never been a lone wolf yet, so I've no idea how I'd fare. I'd do my best to avenge you, of course, but let's hope that the situation doesn't arise so soon.

May Carcharoth's spirit be with us!

Pitch
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #524
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

That's utter filth. I had forgotten that [the skip line which Nerwen highlighted].

Still, at least Shasta made an excellent meal, so it wasn't all bad.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 AM   #525
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Behind the Scenes... Night Four

Quote:
who is the seer?

Hi Pitch,

Good job. We're slowly killing them all off.

What do you think about Fea's last post? Looks like it could be a seer hint to me. Possibly she dreamed about Green?

Let me know. And of course, if you have other ideas. This seer is proving highly troublesome. He/she is playing a risky game of not making the dreams obvious. This would have been a bother for the village if he/she had died early, but it ensures that he/she lives longer.

To be honest, it sounds like something Fea would do.

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: who is the seer?
Quote:
Hi Pitch,
Good job. We're slowly killing them all off.
Yeah, we're half the way there. Now if we can hold out for three more Days...
YesterDay went very well for us indeed. I could have kissed Lottie for buying my idea about a skip-Greenie connection... and skip for providing me with an excuse for switching my suspicion from you to the two of them.
Quote:
What do you think about Fea's last post? Looks like it could be a seer hint to me. Possibly she dreamed about Green?
The one where she goes "Tralala, kill me wolves, I'm so totally NOT the seer"? Yes, that could be a bluff, obliquely trying to make us kill someone else so she gets another dream.
And I've still got a hunch that there was something going on between her and Boro before his death. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that she'd dreamed him in one of the first two Nights. Not to forget her vote for our late fellow robot.

I'll have another look at yesterDay's posts, but as of now Fea looks like a good candidate for the dinner table.

Till later,
Pitch
Quote:
Re: who is the seer?
I concur wholeheartedly. If nothing else, Fea deserves death for being so goody-two-shoes and being completely trusted by everyone.

Now, I am of course hoping to survive this coming day, but it could be a real struggle! So if I should suffer murder tomorrow, best of luck!

I think I'll be forced to attack Sally with full force; that would have support from a few other villagers hence it might be my best shot.

I will PM Inziladun now. As always, if you get any better ideas then just let me know. We can change our mind for another few hours, I believe.

Eomer.
Quote:
Re: who is the seer
Hi Eomer,

some thoughts about the rest of the village in terms of seerishness:

Lottie - voted for two of our pack on D1 and D2. Her TEW vote, which came rather out of the blue and didn't fit her stated suspicions, could have been due to a dream; her vote for you I think not so much, as she switched to Greenie yesterDay instead of pursuing you further (but could have been because you had no other votes at the time). Anyway, she's quite good at wolf-spotting as an ordo, too.
sally - there's her initial reaction to Boro's death, which could point to a connection between them... but nothing more as far as I can see. And I wonder, given her vote for me on D1 and Shasta's death, whether she wouldn't have checked me by now if it were her.
Nerwen - nothing especially alarming so far, and her votes seem rather unenlightened. Also, she's announced that she'd look hard at sally toMorrow if Greenie was innocent, so let's keep her to do that.
Agan - voted you on D2, but otherwise she seems to be abit groping in the dark up to now. No imminent danger at the moment, it seems. (Btw, since you commented about her having Nerwen as innocent on D1, I think that was because she'd pursued Nerwen for two or three Days in a recent game and was going to give her a break, rather than anything to do with a seer dream.)

So I'd say let's eat Fea toNight, and if it's not her, consider Lottie next, if we're both still alive.
(I really hope we're lucky with this kill. Just in case we're not, I've been wondering whether it would be worthwile for one of us to fake-reveal in order to draw out the real seer... Would be a drastic and risky measure though and likely to backfire when the claimant survives the Night with the Ranger gone, so I'd rather not go there if we can be avoid it.)

If you have any more thoughts/comments, I'll be around for maybe another hour, then it's bedtime.

Pitch

PS got your last one in the meantime. Yep, I guess you'll come under some fire toMorrow, I hope I'll be able to stay out of it and maybe get behind your sally-case... we'll see. Good luck anyway!
And that was it.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #526
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Good times.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #527
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
It's just that when he started playing, he was the first kill for... like a year.
Ah, I had no idea! In this case, Shasta, sorry for prodding that old sore. I hope it's a consolation that your psychic powers still worked perfectly to spot me on Day One...