The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-23-2003, 04:56 AM   #41
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

Wow! You guys are so good! I can see Frodo (and myself) taking all of Elrond and Gandalf's courses. just because I f he went anywhere else with out sam (which he has 1 class with) he'll get beaten up.

Lurtz; Metal shop

just thought I add that.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:07 AM   #42
Daewen
Wight

Location: Stuck inside an Aquafina bottle...HELP! ...seriously, I'm getting claustrophobic
Daewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daewen
Lily, should we send each other PM's here at the Downs or should we send each other emails? If you want to do emails, my address is mailto:MafiaPr1ncess@aol.comMafiaPr1ncess@aol.com</A>

I've got a few ideas too. What kind of school do u want it to be? My original idea was that it could be a school for juvinile delinquents but of course, I'm always open to more! Also, do you want to include all (or at least most) of Tolkiens characters or just the fellowship?
Daewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #43
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Daewen,
E-mail would be easiest for me. If you like, my e-mail is babydoll78_4ever@msn.com
Old 08-10-2003, 02:15 PM   #44
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Suilad!

Please excuse me for digging up such an old topic, but there was something I wanted to know.

How is the fanfic doing? I would love to read it! Daewen and Lily Bombadil, could one (or both) of you post a message on how the story's doing? And were could I find it? (Fanfiction.net for example)

Thanks alot!!

Aethelwine.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:50 PM   #45
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just bumping this up to the top hoping Daewen or Lily Bombadil will see this sooner or later.

Namarie

Edit: Where is this school and how can I get in. It sounds so cool! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Novlamothien ]
Old 08-17-2003, 03:31 PM   #46
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Everdawn, did it never dawn (!) on you that your teacher might actually have been abducted. I mean, we see ents, hy can't he see aliens?

Ioreth would constantly be in trouble for chatting.
The Dwarves would form a gang because (here comes their motto!) "We are all kin."
The Elves would form an anti-dwarf gang. Elrond would try to get them to stop fighting, and if they don't listen, send them off on a quest together. He'd alos be the head.
Gandalf would be the Politics teacher. Anybody who disagrees with his views that Sauron is evil is strapped to a firework and... well, work out the rest.
Gollum would be the eccentric kid who is always talking to himself and being weird.
There would be a Hobbit Gang as well. However, unlike the Elf and Dwarf Gangs, their main aim is finding and distributing mushrooms. Merry would be their leader, Pippin his vice.
There would also be a Human Gang, just because all the other species had gangs and they didn't wanna be left out. Aragorn would be the Head of it, but Boromir would always try to usurp him.

It would all be mayhem! The dwarf gang would kill elrond, sparking a war. The Elf gang would immediately kill Gloin, the P.E. teacher. The two gangs immediately start battling it out on the playground, arrows flying, axes glinting. The race of Men would try to stop the fighting and go in the middle. Unfortunately they would be shot at/ hacked there and would disperse and join the two sides. Those that don't are trampled. Meanwhile, the Hobit Gang crosses the playground in the middle of the battle because of rumours of mushroomson the oher side.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:10 AM   #47
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Sting

Oh dead, oh dear, oh dear! I had completly forgotten about this thread! It didn't help that I started it on, like, the last day before half term, and then couldn't go on the internet for the next week or two. Ah well.
Daewen and Lily, glad to help someone! Honest!
Hmmm... I'm off to join this school now! **Instantly is joined into the hobbit gang, and leads the hobbits successfully through the mayhem**

Love

The freak of Middle Earth,

~ Purple
Old 08-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #48
Aethelwine
Wight

Thumbs up

YES!!! This threat is alive again. That's so cool! I really like it!

But, to get back at my question a few posts back, how far is the fanfic?

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] :'( I feel so sad... :'( I wanna go to that school to! I would be the silent girl, sitting in a corner, reading a lot, have a small group of friends, and admire Eowyn... She is SO cool! What about you guys?

See ya all at school!

Aethelwine.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #49
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Man, I should come to MEM more often...some little gems...

Quote:
Gandalf: Principal/History
Elrond: Big-nosed Math/Algebra teacher
Galadriel: Psychic Guidance Councillor
Haldir: PE/Athletics
Bilbo: The insane Literature& English teacher
Glorfindel: The Sindarin/Quenya teacher
Arwen: The straight A slutty student who has slept with Mr. Glorfindel (that's why he hates her)
Frodo: Geek
Sam: big Brother who beats up anyone who makes fun of the girls & Frodo
Boromir: Literate kid who is failing math
Celeborn: Drama teacher
Legolas: Hottie the jealous boys call 'Gay'.
Gimli: tough shrimp who is really sensitive inside.
Merry & Pip: The Fred & George Weasleys
Aragorn: Kind jock
faramir:Sk8er boi & Eowyn's BF & secret crusher
Eowyn: Tough girl (girl all the bad guys want)
Uruks: F.B. team
Orcs: Gangsters
Saruman: Sciences (specializes in mutation)
Eomer: Tough dude (guy all the good girls want)
Theoden: Vice Principal
Gollum: Mad janitor (You filthy kids! We hates you forever!!!)
Lobelia: lunch lady
Sauron: Evil super intendent
Grima: Debate teacher
Treebeard: School doctor
Lol! Very cool - just one though:

Sam - I reckon he would be the one getting made fun of, probably by Frodo actually. He'd be the quiet, kinda sweet one at the back, who really likes one of the girls in class (not Arwen, with this description!), but gets really stuttery around her. Big round glasses. Maybe a lunch monitor.

Quote:
Aragorn: Kind jock
Lol, a contradiction in terms isnt it? Nah, I think I agree actually. Either that or the school shrink who would end up spending half the session listening carefully to the kid who had come to him, the other half analysing it along side his own problems. Actually, yeah, he really would be the school counsellor...

Haldir might well be a bully actually. Either that or one of the seniors who you really really don't want to upset, who is really admired and well known, but who would not tolerate annoying juniors, and would probably go all angry and slitty eyed...

Frodo: Kinda dreamy little kid who sits at the back. Got a small group of friends, and can pass with most people. Kinda cute (not fit, not handsome, not stunning, cute). Really close to his uncle, and more admired for that than despised.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:12 PM   #50
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Novlamothien,
I am writing my fan-fic in a notebook, at home. It is going great actually. The kids are performing Bill Shakespeare's, Twelfth Night.

Pippin is of course playing Feste the Fool. The wise fool, that is. Actually he is doing quite well. Arwen is playing the lovely Lady Olivia.

At the Welcome Back Dance, Avril Lavigne made a guest appearance and Legolas was ecstatic. He got a date with Eowyn and Faramir was jealous. So, during Sk8er Boi, Faramir comes skating in on a skateboard, runs into a table, and is knocked unconscious.

Eowyn goes out for football and Ugluk gives her a concussion. Faramir never leaves her side, but Legolas seems uninterested.

Eomer seldom stops singing and says he is going to be a white rapper called, E-O-mur (purposely misspelled). One day at luncheon, he jumps on the table and starts singing. Eowyn yanks his pant leg to shut him up and his trousers come down.

Celeborn (the Drama teacher) farted during a rehearsal, shocking Merry, Frodo, and Lily, who were on stage at the time. (Lily is Lily Bombadil, Tom Bombadil's adopted hobbit daughter. Actually, I created her character for some of my fan-fics before I ever joined the Downs. So, that's where my name comes from.)

While taking the kids to the dance, Elrond starts bustin' a move, as the saying goes. (Elrond: Oww!! Yeah, baby! Yeah!)

I think that my favorite part so far is the Soul Train at the dance. Boromir did Disco (of course). Legolas and Eowyn Swing-danced. I love this part because of what is said of the Swing-dancing:

Random elf-girl: *to Leggers* Wow! That was cool, Legolas! *all drooly*
Legolas: Thanks, dollface. And that's Chicago. *flips his fedora & puts it on*
Aragorn: What? *to Legolas*
Legolas: I dunno, but it sounded COOL!

On Tom Bombadil:
Tom is the CRAZY librarian. He fusses at Fatty Bolger for trying to check out the book, "Freckle Juice", saying, "TRUST ME, YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ THIS BOOK!!"

Thank you, thank you! If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Uh... hey, anyone. Has Helky completely left the Downs? I really want to know.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:33 AM   #51
Aethelwine
Wight

Question

Alright, I'm going to repeat myself, so please, don't be mad!

Lily, how far are you with your fic? And, MUCH more importent, where can we read it?!?! Do you have a fanfic-topic/threath on the BD? I don't think so... Are you going to post it on Fanfiction.net? I really wanna know it, I wanna read!!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Athelwine.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:18 AM   #52
Elróthiel
Animated Skeleton

Location: Heaven, where Middle-earth and Zion are fused and all the guys are sexy beasts!
Elróthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heehee! I liked the Gollum the Loner Goth idea a few posts back, only I keep thinking of Legolas slightly like that for some reason!
Legolas: Wears black clothes (including a Long Black Coat!), and dyes his hair black a lot. He sits at the back of the class planning world domination (his reason for staying silent most of the time), oblivious to the drooling fangirls all around him. Kinda jock like, but in a punk/goth kinda way.

Aragorn: Legolas Wannabe, and hangs around him asking him questions the whole time, but only rarely gets an answer.

Gimli: Madly jealous of Legolas, and tries to prove that he can get just as many fangirls as Legolas in his own way (aka, growing a beard, being short, being completely stubborn, and generally being an asswipe.).

Boromir: Jealous of Aragorn for some unknown reason. Probably because Aragorn got to be Games Captain and he didn't.
Sporty type, but is the type that is so paranoid about winning, that he takes drugs to stay in top form.

Gollum: The school drug-addict. Always seen smoking or injecting himself with something. Is This close to being forced to either go to rehab or get expelled. Is antisocial, and fears people.

Frodo: The geeky kid who is younger than everyone else because he got moved up a grade. Tries to be cool, but only succeeds in looking cute in a geeky kinda way.

Sam: Has set up a kitchen in every classroom he's been in. Always cooking, and the guys in the Football Team think he "bats for the other team" even though he isn't. Hates food fights, as he hates to see good food go to waste.

Lotho Sackville-Baggins: The Lunchlady's evil, squealer of a son who spies for his mother on other students, getting them into trouble. Has no friends, and carries round a mini camcorder and voice recorder. Plus camera.

Arwen: The Evil Cheerleader. Sucks up to teachers, and picks on anyone who dares to stand up to her. Very rich, and pays the teachers to give her A+s for everything. Or tries to. Galadriel and Elrond give her A+s anyway for being related to them.

Gandalf: The genius janitor. Has a rivalry with Saruman, the neurophysics teacher, because they both went for the neurophysics job, but Saruman got it, and then Principal Eru gave Gandalf the janitor's position because that was the only one left. Gandalf never cleans the nearophysics classroom.

Faramir: Has huge stonking crush on Eowyn, but is going through a mental breakdown, because Denethor is being nicer to Boromir than to him. Makes fun of Frodo a lot because the Hobbit has more brains and money than him. Also steals things from Frodo too.

Celeborn: The permanently high art teacher. Is always floating around in a daze, and speaks veeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrry slowwwwwwwwwllyyyyyyyyyyy. Most people in his class spend their time either sleeping or drawing anime and manga.

Luthien: School ghost. Appears in the photography dark room and prints multiple photos of herself and Beren, wasting all the paper. Jokingly freaks out male students by calling them Beren and flying right through them.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, I think you've all had enough of me, so I'll go away now.
By da way El, great thread!
From
Elróthiel, the Insane Elven Goddess of Hilariosity and Laughter!
Old 09-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #53
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hey guys, I'm another fanfiction gal, and I was hoping you could all help me if I needed any ideas. So I've come to pick your brains over who teaches Philosophy in my Middle-earth boarding school. And all the teachers are the 'old guys'. So it can't be Aragorn or Legolas or whatever. It would have to be someone like Gandalf or Celeborn, only not as they're not available...

This is the list so far:

Lore and literature ~ Gandalf.
Politics and debate ~ Denethor
History ~ Elrond
Languages ~ Fëanor
Poetry ~ Daeron
Mathematics ~ Ghân-buri-Ghân
IT ~ Saruman
Physics ~ Manwë
Chemistry/Biology ~ Melkor
Economics ~ Gríma
Social studies ~ Sauron
Art ~ Celebrimbor
Geography ~ Bilbo
Astronomy ~ Varda
Cookery ~ Barliman Butterbur
Environmental studies ~ Yavanna
Healing ~ Estë
Dance/Drama ~ Celeborn
Battle strategy ~ Gil-Galad
Craft and Design ~ Aule
Needlework ~ Vaire
Music ~ Tom Bombadil

Principle ~ Elrond
Secretary ~ Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
First Aid ~ Ioreth
Guidance counsellor ~ Nienna

Girls’ gym ~ Nessa
Guys’ gym ~ Tulkas
Archery ~ Thranduil
Sword-training ~ Arathorn
Riding ~ Eomund
Swimming ~ Drogo

Oh, and any suggestions as to other classes I haven't got would be ever so appreciated!

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 09-02-2003, 10:52 AM   #54
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Okay, Elrond is up for philosophy.

What would Theoden be suitable for? I'd like to stick him in somewhere.