The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2008, 02:10 AM   #1881
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Okay, I know I'm getting heated but this is just too much! You cannot say that to me. You're the one nit-picking and making mountains out of molehills all the time. I have no doubt it's wise to question about everything everyone says but when you do that, you can hardly blame anyone for making small issues sound bigger than they are.
This was from the Lommy/Aganzir battle. I said initially I thought this was ordo vs. ordo, and I still believe that. Lommy's frustrations here remind me of an innocent Lommy. She's had this argument before with Aganzir as an ordo.

Quote:
Don't make me a rep, or I'll be tempted... *evil grin*
Quote:
Btw, assuming that we two and Gil are innocent, we have a 66% chance of getting it right if we double-lynch two of the others. Tempting, isn't it? But then again, if we get it wrong...
Would a wolf openly express temptation towards a double lynch like this?

Quote:
Lastly, I've been thinking... we shouldn't lynch tp or Boro toDay. However annoying they are. I suggest keeping an eye on them for they are acting mighty suspiciously, but I'd really rather keep them around for a while more (a Day or two) since there is nothing extremely serious against them and they will provide more and more evidence againt or for themselves as the game goes on. You may call me an elitist or a turncloak, I know - but I'd hate to lose players like them in vain. If they're innocent, they're a huge asset to the village.

That is, they would be a huge asset if they weren't such a distraction. I therefore suggest (or to phrase better, echo the earlier suggestions) that we should stop focuing on them like this. And that "we" means all of us, even the gentlemen themselves. We're assisting the wolves by this single-mindedness, especially if Boro and tp are innocent.
I think it was Lommy who initially brought up the idea that we should lynch Boro or tp. The fact that she brought it up seems pretty innocent to me. Those two were heavily suspected that Day, and I just can't see why a wolf would not take advantage of getting at least one lynched.

Quote:
++THE Ka

That's the closest I can get to a reasonable vote toDay. She's a submarine the likes of which we can't really afford, and like I've said, she tnds to have more serious stuff to say when she's innocent.
A wolf-on-wolf vote is possible here, but I don't think it's likely. Ka was sliding under the radar and Lommy's vote helped bring attention to her.

Quote:
I wish I had so much time that I could go through everybody's rep votes... I think that'd reveal something: I doubt the wolves voted people who were strongly after their fellows to be reps...
That's a good point. I should go back to my voting list and check that out.

Quote:
Or what if we take it by chance? Like, decide that one of us is an even number and one of us is an odd number. Then, let's take some number we don't know (say, exact size of Portugal in square kilometers, or how many hits do you get by googling some word, or how many posts 'downer x has or so on) and check what's it. If it's an even number, the one who's even number has to vote first, if it's an odd number, the one who's odd number has to vote first. Makes sense?
Lommy, sometimes I wonder how your brain works. You make things so much more complicated than they really are.

Quote:
1) important: vote against a filibuster just to be on the safe side
Good point. I had actually forgotten about the whole filibuster thing until you mentioned it. And so I don't forget again:

++No Filibuster

Poor Fea never got her filibuster. Now she will kill us all.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:40 AM   #1882
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, it's down to

Brinn
Lommy
Greenie
Nerwen.

And we have to get the wolf toDay (obviously.) So yes, we may as well do a double-lynch.

Problem is, it seems I'm one of the lynch-candidates. That won't matter, of course, if the other one is the wolf.

However, from my point of view it would give us a better chance if one of the lynchees wasn't someone I know to be innocent, i.e. me.

So I've got a dilemma: should I defend myself or not? If I convince you of my innocence it will help the village... but then if we concentrate on me all Day it won't.

X'd with with Brinn.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #1883
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Honestly, this ploy stuff is getting on my nerves. I don't like a situation where a few players can basically turn away every suspicion concerning their weird behaviour saying "Oh, that was a ploy, but of course you are too silly to understand advanced WW-playing. *sigh*"
I can understand her frustrations here, as it was something that I shared too.

Quote:
I am as well. This will be my last toDay. But, for what it's worth, I'll vote

++ lynch the phantom

I think I have already stated enough reasons for my choice.
Obviously just because she voted for tp doesn't mean she's a wolf, as many suspected him including myself. Of course because of the heavy suspicion, it'd be easy for a wolf to jump on the bandwagon. Though Noggie and morm already did this...would a third wolf join in?

Quote:
Nog - calm down, will you? No need to get heated. Please if you think/know those two are wrong then give us some logical proof. Prove their arguments wrong and I'll be sure to reconsider. As long as your theory has flaws such as the morm thing Gwath already pointed out, I can't take it seriously.
This is an interesting interaction here...and a bit weird. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Three quotes...really? Is that all I could find out of Greenie worth commenting? You see, that's the trouble...she always flies under my radar and I find that incredibly frustrating. It shouldn't be like that, especially when there are only four players left.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #1884
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Argh, if this isn't nerve-wrecking. Double lynch sounds like a very good idea as this is the last Day we have anyway. I've been thinking about the reps. It's vital that everyone votes because otherwise we'll only get one rep which in turn makes the double lynch impossible. (It's possible of course to get the wolf by a single lynch but why gamble?) Also, we should reach consensus about who we want as our reps or preferably who we want to lynch before the rep-voting so as to avoid unwanted situations (ie. the person who is most suspected being a rep etc.).

The wolf is either Brinn, Lommy or Nerwen. I'm still quite confident that Lommy is innocent. That leaves Brinn and Nerwen. Hmmm...

I'd want Lommy as rep since she's the only one I'm somewhat sure is innocent.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #1885
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Nerwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I agree, nonetheless (forgot to include this in my last post) that it's rather peculiar that Aganzir got in this time, when I believe she's only made one post.
I don't know what was so strange about that. Why shouldn't someone who only made a couple posts get voted as a rep? And I think on Day 1, several players were voted for based on their reputation rather than simply what they had posted.

Quote:
*applauds*

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Gil-Shasta double-act. Pure comedy gold.
Nerwen wasn't the only one who expressed amusement towards the whole Gil/Shasta thing. I just can't understand why people found it so amusing. I don't believe there was much to think about when it came to their interactions.

Quote:
Can we assume that Gil's out? His confusion looks pretty genuine to me (however, I haven't played with him much).
This is a comment that stood out as strange to me. It feels that she's a bit eager to know whether he's out of the game. If she's innocent and assumes Gil is too, I would think she'd want him to stay in the game. Especially when it was only Day 1.

Quote:
Well, that was predictable.
Quote:
Boro and phantom... yes, I guessed what you were up to, though I was a bit slow on the uptake.
These comments strike me as odd. It feels like she's trying really hard to keep up with Boro and tp, and stay on their good side.

Quote:
Firstly– R.I.P. Shasta! And nice work from our reps...
This is another reaction that seems fabricated to me.

Quote:
No, no, hang around. We can always lynch you if we get stuck.
The second sentence is the one I find weird. Saying that he shouldn't drop out only because he's useful in numbers, whether he votes or not. The problem I have here is why not encourage him to actually participate rather than tell him to stick around so we can lynch him "just in case"?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:17 AM   #1886
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
This is a comment that stood out as strange to me. It feels that she's a bit eager to know whether he's out of the game. If she's innocent and assumes Gil is too, I would think she'd want him to stay in the game. Especially when it was only Day 1.
By "out" I meant "not a wolf".
Old 12-07-2008, 04:47 AM   #1887
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Rep Votes

Supicious includes anyone who is slightly mentioned as wolfish.

Day 1

1. Greenie: Brinn

Brinn's suspects at the time: none

2. Lommy: Ilya

Ilya's suspects: none

3. Brinn: Aganzir

Aganzir's suspects: none

4. Nerwen: no vote

Wolves-

5. Ka: Boromir

Boro's suspects: Legate

6. morm: Nogrod

7. Nogrod: Ilya

Ilya's suspects of the time: none (well, she mentions me as suspicious but I think it was banter)

Day 2

1. Lommy: Nerwen

Nerwen's suspects: Nogrod, tp, Legate, Boro, Aganzir, Brinn

2. Nerwen: Lommy

Lommy's suspects: Nogrod, tp, morm, Ilya, Aganzir, Ka

3. Greenie: morm

morm's suspects: tp, Nerwen

4. Brinn: Kath

Kath's suspects: Greenie, Eonwe

Wolves-

5. morm: Aganzir

Aganzir's suspects: Ilya, Eonwe, Greenie, Lommy, Noggie

6. Ka: Lommy

Lommy's suspects: Nogrod, tp, morm, Ilya, Aganzir, Ka

7. Nogrod: Boromir

Boro's suspects: Nogrod

Day 3

1. Greenie: morm

morm's suspects: tp, Boro, Nerwen

2. Lommy: Shasta

Shasta's suspects: tp, Boro

3. Brinn: Shasta

Shasta's suspects: tp, Boro

4. Nerwen: Kath

Kath's suspects: Boro, Greenie

Wolves-

5. morm: Lommy

Lommy's suspects: Boro, tp

6. Nogrod: Kath

Kath's suspects: Boro, Greenie

7. Ka: Greenie

Greenie's suspects: Ilya, Boro

----------------

That took a long time and I feel it was a waste. On Day 1, not many suspected anyone during rep votes. On Day 2, there were too many suspects and few were very heavy ones. Plus, the wolves voted players as reps who both suspected them and their fellow known wolves. So unfortunately, I can't really say this tells us anything..
Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 AM   #1888
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
By "out" I meant "not a wolf".
Okay, I misunderstood. I thought you meant "out" by out of the game. Sorry about that.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #1889
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

As I said, I don't really want to go into a long, distracting defence of myself. However, I'll briefly explain the business with me, Boro and tp:

I suspected early in the piece that they were the Seer and a dreamed innocent who had guessed the Seer's identity and was taking cues from him. (I guessed wrong about which was which.) Much of what I did in the next few days (when I wasn't coping with Wolfegil) was aimed at keeping the wolves off them. The Aganzir "chess-game" was part of that. The comment you (Brinn) mention: "Boro and phantom... yes, I guessed what you were up to, though I was a bit slow on the uptake." was to let the Seer know I understood what was going on.

EDIT: X'd with Brinniel (twice).
Old 12-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #1890
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Ugh, all this research from me is getting rather ridiculous. It's past 6am here and I still haven't gone to bed. Quite unhealthy considering I have a lot of school work due this week.

In summary, my opinions haven't really changed. Nerwen seems the most suspicious, Greenie is a question mark, and Lommy looks innocent.

I agree our safest bet is to try a double lynch and we need to discuss ahead of time who we want to vote as our reps. And since we want two reps, we should list our top two choices since there's a chance three of us may prefer voting for one person...but obviously we can't do that if we want two reps.

My first choice is obviously Lommy. She's the one I want to vote for because I trust her most as all my research points to her innocence. And my second choice would be Greenie.

Btw, since I missed deadline last time, I'd like to vote early toDay. I'm heading out in the early afternoon to do some editing for school and I have no idea when I'll be back and I'd rather not push my vote to the final hours again. So preferably I'd like to vote in five hours or so. I'm so tired right now and I apologise if I don't make any sense. Off to sleep...

EDIT: X-ed with Nerwen
Old 12-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #1891
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Nobody's posted in the last six hours? Really? I thought at least someone would post while I was asleep...
Old 12-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #1892
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Just dropping in before letting Lommie post. My first choice for rep would be Lommy as well, but I'm starting to get slightly worried about her after all, if only because I trust her so much and because she's still alive though no one suspects her... Gah, this game is making me paranoid. At this point it looks like everyone trusts Lommy, but we need a second rep as well. I'd suggest myself since I at least am innocent, though I'm not blaming you if you don't trust me since you really can't. The two that aren't reps will most probably be the ones we lynch, so we are almost certainly deciding now who we're lynching. Aieee!

Also, as I forgot it last time I posted, I think a
++ No filibuster
would be in order.

I'll come back after a while to vote for my rep. Before that, I'd love to hear from everyone who they want as rep and who they think we should lynch. Starting with myself:
I think Lommy should be rep and that leaves Brinn and Nerwen for lynch.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #1893
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++no filibuster

I had a bad feeling all day that it's Greenie after all.

Now I'm going to do some reread (first this Day and then maybe a bit more) and see...

Just a quick comment though:
Quote:
My first choice for rep would be Lommy as well, but I'm starting to get slightly worried about her after all, if only because I trust her so much and because she's still alive though no one suspects her...
Think before you even consider that - if I was a wolf, this game'd be over: I wouldn't have voted Gil yesterDay and we'd be sitting here, me hogging my rep vote...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #1894
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
The two that aren't reps will most probably be the ones we lynch, so we are almost certainly deciding now who we're lynching. Aieee!
Not necessarily. One rep could vote for the other rep. The reps have a 50% less chance of getting lynched, but it's not certainly not impossible.

Quote:
Think before you even consider that - if I was a wolf, this game'd be over: I wouldn't have voted Gil yesterDay and we'd be sitting here, me hogging my rep vote...
True, which is another reason why I think you innocent. Unless you're a bluffing wolf...but I don't think so. I just don't see what the point would be in giving the village another Day to lynch if you could've sealed our fate yesterDay.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:35 PM   #1895
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
True, which is another reason why I think you innocent. Unless you're a bluffing wolf...but I don't think so. I just don't see what the point would be in giving the village another Day to lynch if you could've sealed our fate yesterDay.
Yeah, unless I had a really twisted sense of humour...

Quote:
Lommy, sometimes I wonder how your brain works. You make things so much more complicated than they really are.
I know!

Nerwen's being odd. But now that I've thought of it, I'm less convinced of her guilt.

Greenie scares me to no end.

Brinn seems very innocent - I'm afraid she's fooling me brilliantly!

Quote:
As I said, I don't really want to go into a long, distracting defence of myself.
I think it would be more enlightening than distracting.

I think Nerwen's explanation of her tactics sounds reasonable... but a wolf could have employed them too... if it was just a faint suspicion and her fellows didn't agree or they had some master plan... I dunno. I need to think more about it.

Tell me, if Brinn really was a wolf, would she put all that effort to analysis? I find it a bit hard to believe, but on the other hand... I think she's done something a bit similar before...
Old 12-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #1896
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Aieee I've been avoiding thinking about this stuff by reading other threads and I'm still way too unsure. And no one's even saying anything. *goes to reread everybody's posts in a brinnielly fashion*
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #1897
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Alright, I wanted to wait until I heard more, but I'm already leaving to work on my project over an hour later than planned. I can't wait any longer.

My vote shouldn't be any surprise though:

++Lommy for rep

I will be back later tonight, but as I have a lot of things to do, I'm not sure what time. Could be as early as 7pm EST or late as 10pm EST.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #1898
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Brinniel

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn to Agan
Part of the reason I chose you was because you unusually quiet; I was hoping that by putting you in a position of power I could draw you out more and get a better read of you early in the game.
I think Agan said she had been busy, and one can hardly change others' RL hurries by voting them for a rep... Brinn's answer to this was pretty evasive, I think. But sometimes even innocents' reasonings don't make sense or a re badly constructed...

One thing about Brinn makes me wonder. She has suspected pretty much all the wolves, pretty much all the time. Incredible gut-feelings (like she often has) or sinister wolf-tactics? Aieeeeeee...............

Quote:
Nogrod: I admittingly keep skimming through his posts because they're so lengthy (along with a few other players). I tend to agree with him too much, but I can never get myself to trust him.
Which one is more probable: a wolf skimming a fellow's posts or an innocent skimming an unknown's posts? I'm almost inclined to believe the latter...

Quote:
Lommy I tend to think is more innocent than not, though I'm not sure about it. Greenie is the same except she has even less posts, which I can only conclude is because she goes to bed too early (compared to her sister who goes to bed too late).
I only noticed this now! I would protest if that was not so true. Touché, m'dear.
Quote:
tp and Boro really are bothering me. And it's not just the buddying up business....I agree this ploy thing is getting annoying. It's like saying, "Look what I did, I'm so helpful to the village. I'm an absolute genius compared to the rest of you who didn't even attempt any ploys." And then when people start to suspect them, they react like, "Why are you suspecting me? You should be thanking me." It's such arrogant behaviour. And if they really were innocent, why even mention that they successfully set up a ploy? What's done is done and I don't see a reason why anyone else should know about the ploy, especially if you intend to trap the wolves again.

tp and Boro are distracting, and I just can't see why someone who is actually innocent would want to distract us from focusing on the wolves. I'm not so sure that both of them are wolves (though it's something they could certainly pull off), but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if one them is a baddie.
This just looks like a very convenient thing for a wolf to say.

Quote:
Ilya, Noggie has received one vote as well.
Okay I know this is a really silly suspicion but somehow her being so aware of that is a little fishy... on the other hand, though, is she was considering voting Nog herself, she'd be paying attention to stuff like this so argh scratch my stupid point.

Quote:
When I paraphrase with a quote, the tone doesn't exactly come out in written word. But by using that statement, I was trying to say that I didn't like how you and Boro seemed to be so surprised that the village was turning on you. You both made some pretty bold statements and innocent or not, I don't think you should expect people to instantly trust you just because you claim you've been creating all these ploys to manipulate the wolves. It's the same thing if someone were to claim seership...even if they were the real seer, they can't expect others to instantly believe them until there's some solid evidence to back up their claim. So I don't see any reason why the village shouldn't suspect you guys, just as anyone else could be as easily suspected. Which is why I found your reactions to other people doubting you discomforting and suspicious. Does that make sense?
This sounds innocent, I think.

Quote:
Gil-Galad: Still MIA.
Not that it matters, but what does "MIA" mean?

Quote:
Ka: She's already dead, but I'll share my opinion on the matter anyway. She's been so quiet and submarine-ish, it's something I find quite unsettling. Though honestly I don't think I would've chosen to lynch her toDay as there are others who I suspect more and it would've been nice to give her another Day to defend herself...though I suppose there wasn't much guarantee that she'd even show up to do that...
Rather innocent again.

On thing that troubles me about Brinn is that her opinions hardly change during the game. (For example, her opinions about me and Greenie have been pretty much the same all along...) Odd...

Quote:
Okay, I'm starting to get really irritated that I even bothered to put up those quotes. Because I didn't put them up so that everyone can be lazy and not bother to do any research themselves. I'm not perfect...how do you know that I haven't missed an important quote somewhere? With over 40 pages, it'd be easy for me to miss something. And ever since Boro revealed morm and Nogrod, there has been a terrible amount of slacking. Some effort needs to be done to actually find the final wolf and it shouldn't only be done by one or two people. So far it seems there has been a lot of assumed suspicion without much research.
I think this sounds very genuine, and innocent too.

Okay, that's it. Gosh this takes time... Conclusion: Brinn's more innocent than not. But I will refrain from further comments before I've checked Nerwen and Greenie too.

edit: xed with my analysis-target
Old 12-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #1899
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
if I was a wolf, this game'd be over: I wouldn't have voted Gil yesterDay and we'd be sitting here, me hogging my rep vote...
Ah, that's true. Never crossed my mind.

I should vote for a rep now because I need to go to sleep before my lovely session of eight and a half hours of school tomorrow... Now I don't think anyone is surprised when I vote

++ Lommy for rep

Because I think she is innocent and because I don't want to have her lynched. And at least I'm now ensuring that we get one rep. I leave it for Lommie and Nerwen to give us another.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #1900
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, just a quick comment.

I'm wondering why I'm alive.

Because I think I should be dead. Kath was not suspected either, but I think I was more generally considered innocent.

Is it more than random that I'm not dead?

Did the wolf assume I'd go after Nerwen and thus thought it safe to keep me around? Or did Nerwen try a very very bold bluff this way?

I'm a bit baffled, but this does make me feel better about Nerwie. She would have had a perfect excuse to eliminate someone who suspected her quite a lot - why wouldn't she have used it?

Last edited by Thinlómien; 12-07-2008 at 03:03 PM. Reason: bolding
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #1901
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Anyone else around? I feel a bit lonely...

Btw, I wonder if we're going to make it past 2000 posts... that would be quite something.

Ok, but now I'm off to reread and analyse Greenie.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #1902
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Greenie

Quote:
I like Agan's idea of voting Brinn for rep. She seems a sensible choice. Other possibilities for me might be Lommy or THE Ka. Argh. I don't know.
THE Ka? Interesting...

She also makes a nice turn from trusting THE Ka to finding her creepy with whatsoever no reasoning. Why? Do you still remember, Greenie?

Quote:
Well I can't help but think that from a reasonable player such as Nog this really looks like a vague argument. Truly, that argument looks like grasping at straws more than anything else. (Or then it's just me when I really saw nothing at all suspicious about Leggie's SW jokes.) Anyhow, I don't know how would it serve a wolf-Nog to make such a vague case on Legate when he already had suspicions and voting candidates of his own. Perhaps if he wanted to give the other reps more fuel for lynching Legate without joining the bandwagon himself... But really, I'm not sure - otherwise Nog has looked quite innocent so I don't quite buy my own argument yet...
Sounds slightly fellow-y...

Greenie suspects Nog quite vehemently, which speaks for her innocence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie to El(e) Phant(om)
I really hope it is so. You know, if no one pointed out behaviour that strikes them as suspicious or weird, then where would that lead? For my part, I have the habit of pointing out behaviour that looks suspicious or groundless to me, and I will not start making exceptions in that based on who the oddly behaving person is. (If I see an otherwise innocent-seeming you saying something like that in the future, though, I promise to let it go. )
Disturbing use of smiley.

Quote:
Overall impressions:
- I'm glad to have seen more of Sally. She seems innocentish this far.
- Agan's kill can lead to a myriad directions, I'd love to have a better look at it too. (It seems I already have loads of stuff I'd like to have a look at...)
- I'm torn about Nerwen. The problem isn't the classic no read -problem, but a problem of having both innocent and suspicious vibes about her. She's a one I'll definitely have a look at if I have the time. (See? SEE?)
- I don't trust Ilya. I don't right know where I got that assumption from. Suppose I have to look at it ([rolleyes-smiley])...
Somehow, this just sounded very innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie to tp
And why would I think you are the seer?
More disturbing smilies...

Quote:
I had a beautiful theory on why Nog's a wolf but it's no use now since he's officially revealed wolf. And the once I got something figured... Gah. Frustrating.
I used to say that this points at her innocence but it could have been that she had just planned a case on a fellow, too...

Quote:
About the Gil-wolf-thing - I don't know but it just seems so improbable to me... I have heard that Gil is the sort of player whose interest in a game depends on his role. Given that I don't think he has a special role. In addition, I don't think he could be that baffled and confused if he were a wolf, unless he was bluffing of course... Yeah, and besides, I would guess his fellows would have urged him to contribute more. (Or at least should have urged..)

Hmm. I don't think we should eliminate the possibility of Gil being a wolf, but at this point I find it very improbable. I wouldn't mind if he got lynched, but I don't think we should waste a lynch on him either.
This sounds innocentish, I think.

And that's her.

Conclusion: fishy like Gollum's favourite food. More suspicious than Brinn. Need to check Nerwen before saying anything more, though.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #1903
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen

Her looking at Nog's and Boro's posts and Nog's comments of it is all in all rather fishy.

Quote:
So that's why you did it, wolfisaloser2005? *slaps forehead* Trust me to get over-complicated.
Sounds a little feigned.

I don't think what to make of the fact that she keeps talking with morm and Nog when they're known wolves...

Quote:
I should have said this in my first post:

R.I.P. Boromir88. You died like a true son of Gondor... and in the process annoyed the wolves so much that one of them went raving mad and another voted against your fictional namesake in the Middle Earth Popularity Cup. We'll build you a statue next to Shasta's.

You still around, Sally? In all seriousness, you are one of my suspects for Wolf #4. However, I've never been good at reading you, so if you have any thoughts you want to share I'm willing to listen.
Fishy and not too genuine...
Quote:
The following is NOT a genuine confession:
Sorry for lack of posting. I have been horribly busy... to busy to even send in my ki–

No! Curses! Condemned out of my own furry maw!
Why the disclaimer in the title? A bit too jumpy for me...

Quote:
Hello, all. Maybe I'm being silly, but what if it is Gil?
Not still a very unsuspicious comment.

Finis.

I didn't find much to comment about her, which worries me... She says some suspicious stuff but overall, she's not too bad. I think she's possibly more innocent than Greenie but less innocent than Brinn from my pov... or maybe about as innocent - but now I'm going to vote Brinn for rep obviously because Nerwen won't be able vote herself. (On the other hand, I'd like to have the last vote and it's more likely that Greenie has to leave before me than that Brinn does... hmm...)
Old 12-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #1904
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen, if you're around, please give your opinion on who should be the reamining rep, and soon.... *yawn*
Old 12-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #1905
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Brinn

I don't feel like timezone plotting right now and she feels the most innocent of you three.

If I happen to change my mind on her, or we all decide she's suspicious, I may always vote her.

If she's an innocent, she will vote someone else and we'll gamble, if she's a wolf she'll vote someone innocent off but who cares, we win.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:05 PM   #1906
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hi, anyone around?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #1907
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Lommy's vote will decide the outcome of the game.

The pressure, I'm sure, is negligible.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #1908
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I guess I'd better vote

++Brinn.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #1909
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry, timezone mixup.

So it's just Lommy.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #1910
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
So it's just Lommy.
Yes'm.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #1911
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Which means I've screwed up the double-lynch.

Now it's my fault if we lose.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #1912
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, I just hope the wolf's not Lommy. I mean, I haven't seen any reason to suspect her, apart from the obvious one that she's still alive.

Oh, well, we'll know soon enough.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #1913
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Lommy, if it is you, you've done a brilliant job and I deserve to be lynched.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #1914
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Not that it matters, but what does "MIA" mean?
MIA is an abbreviation for Missing In Action.

Hmm...Nerwen made the same mistake I did yesterDay and missed the deadline. Though I fear this mistake could be more costly. With two reps, we would've had as high as a 50% chance of lynching the wolf, but with one there's only a 25% chance. And if Lommy's the wolf, our chances are 0%. (Though if that's the case, had there been two reps we still would've been doomed as I already know I wouldn't have voted for Lommy.)

Anyways, don't expect anymore heavy duty research from me since there's no way I'm staying up until 6am again. Though I think I will take a closer look at what's been said toDay, as I haven't really done that yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #1915
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
So I've got a dilemma: should I defend myself or not? If I convince you of my innocence it will help the village... but then if we concentrate on me all Day it won't.
There's nothing wrong with defending yourself. And if you are indeed innocent, a defense shouldn't be distracting but helpful if it prevents us from lynching the wrong person. The problem is that while you say you don't want to take up too much time with defenses, you haven't yet provided us with any opinions you have on other players. Which isn't helpful.

Quote:
I suspected early in the piece that they were the Seer and a dreamed innocent who had guessed the Seer's identity and was taking cues from him. (I guessed wrong about which was which.) Much of what I did in the next few days (when I wasn't coping with Wolfegil) was aimed at keeping the wolves off them. The Aganzir "chess-game" was part of that. The comment you (Brinn) mention: "Boro and phantom... yes, I guessed what you were up to, though I was a bit slow on the uptake." was to let the Seer know I understood what was going on.
This does seem like a reasonable defense and looking back at her posts on Day 3, it does add up.

Quote:
The two that aren't reps will most probably be the ones we lynch, so we are almost certainly deciding now who we're lynching. Aieee!
I commented on this before, but I'll mention it again. I don't see how deciding on reps is deciding the lynch since the reps could've easily voted for each other.

Quote:
Btw, I wonder if we're going to make it past 2000 posts... that would be quite something.
With only four of us left, I doubt it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we make it past 2000 in post-game discussion. Our post count is quite impressive, considering three out of four of the remaining players have 100+ posts in this thread. This game is setting WW records, not only by post count but by span of time too. Can you believe it's been almost a month since we started this game?

About Nerwen's late vote: On one hand, it could've be an honest mistake. On the other hand, it could've been very convenient for a wolf to miss the deadline only by minutes therefore preventing a double lynch and making it less likely for her to get lynched. I'm not sure what to make of this.

The thing that bothers me about toDay is that only Lommy and me have actually put any effort in so far. I haven't heard anything from Greenie and Nerwen about who they suspect the most. Considering it is our last Day, it'd be nice to hear some opinions from these two rather than lay low. I really would like to hear both of your thoughts.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #1916
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hi, Brinn.

I'm terribly sorry about screwing up like that. I hope it doesn't cost us the game.

Okay, about the possible wolf: whoever it is has been very clever and not left much of a trail, so it's hard to make a real case.

If it's Lommy, we're already dead, obviously, so there's no point discussing her.

So, I have to assume it's either Brinn or Greenie.

Of the two... Brinniel has been very helpful with quotes and analyses, but as I recall that's a thing she does when she's a wolf, too... doesn't really point either way. Against her there's her pushing for the fixed number of reps scheme, which struck me as weird and distracting at the time.

Greenie... has slipped under the radar until recently. I don't think I can add to the cases Brinn and Lommy have made on her. Half Lommy's case is just "disturbing use of smilies"

And yes, her interaction with known wolves could mean something. At #504 (already quoted in part by Brinn and Lommy) she talks about Nogrod and also about morm:

Quote:
This just reminds me of the legendary "I've never been a wolf before" -slip. However I'm inclined to believe this is not a wolf slip of morm about his fellow Gil, but mere careless phrasing. Nevertheless it caught my eye and I thought to point it out.
So... she's used what could be the suspect/defend tactic on two known wolves. (But both in the same post... to risky?)
Old 12-08-2008, 05:20 AM   #1917
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nerwen you are exactly not helping.

And neither is the ever silent (and ever hiding?) Greenie.

If you all could tell me who you suspect the most and why, it'd help.

Grr... I was thinking we'd win this with a double lynch but now I'm pretty sure we lose... because it is in my hands in the end and I always screw things up.

But like I've said before, it doesn't really matter so much if we lose. I think the wolf deserves it if she wins.

Please, everybody, tell me your opinion of why it was Kath who died last Night (and not me, for example).

Anyway, I'm going to be here now for a couple of hours and then I'm coming back rather late my time, around 8 or 9 pm GMT. And when I come back, I really want to see some serious posting and discussing by everybody *glares at Nerwen and Greenie*. Otherwise I cannot decide which one of you is a wolf.

I'm still least suspicious of Brinn. Of Greenie and Nerwen I don't know... I used to suspect Greenie more but Nerwen's late posts haven't been quite convincing. And I know I could very well reverse my opinion on Brinn too...

Hey wolf, you're a bit too good at this.

PS. I don't want to be tempted to vote Greenie because I'd hate losing to her the most...
Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #1918
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

So we won't have the double-lynch after all? Don't lose hope, we can still win - though certainly not if Lommy keeps suspecting me. Please ask me questions and I try to answer as well as I can. Obviously I can't defend myself from arguments like "disturbing use of smiley".

Quote:
THE Ka? Interesting...

She also makes a nice turn from trusting THE Ka to finding her creepy with whatsoever no reasoning. Why? Do you still remember, Greenie?
Trusting THE Ka? I don't think I ever mentioned trusting her, or actually trusting anyone on the first half of Day 1. I don't trust people on Day 1. About Ka anyway - she had posted one post that far if I recall correctly, two at most, so I don't find it right surprising if my opinion about her changes as I see more of her.

Quote:
the ever silent (and ever hiding?) Greenie.
The ever-studying Greenie, more likely - like I already said and like you of all people should know, I have eight and a half hours of school today in case that explains why I haven't been saying anything yet. I'm now having a break but won't be around properly for another few hours as I have a few things I definitely need to do after school eg. buying schoolbooks and stuff like that.

Sorry to sound so cross. I'm not annoyed with the game but with something else. I'll post something proper in a few hours when I get home.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #1919
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I'm back - didn't buy the books after all since I was all too tired. Well anyway, about who I suspect then. I don't suspect Lommy, which leaves Nerwen and Brinn as possible wolves. I can't choose between them.

Brinn's activity and annoyance at others being quiet/unproductive speaks for her innocence, but mostly from yesterDay and the Day before I got a bad feeling about her, I'll go and try to find exact quotes since that's no use as an argument.

Good points have been raised about Nerwen, especially her reactions to things that have happened looking fabricated etc, but I still think her continuous row with morm speaks for her innocence rather than against it. Hmmm...

I need to think still. As for how much I'm able to be here toDay, well, I have a few school things to do and such and I suppose darling Lommy wants to post once she gets back home from work, but otherwise I'll be more or less around all evening. Is there anyone here except for me?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #1920
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Actually this is funny. The more I read Brinn's posts, the more she starts to look innocent to me. But if she's innocent like she now looks, that logically means that Nerwen is the wolf. Could she be? Argh. I don't know. But since both Lommy and Brinn look more innocent than she does, I guess it's her. My reread of yesterDay and the Day before it (mainly concentrating on Brinn, but skimming Nerwen as well) made Brinn look better and Nerwen slightly worse.

EDIT: Still no one here? I love triple posting and all, but still it would be nice to have someone to talk to...