The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2003, 01:04 AM   #81
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

start an enthuggers club. (like a treehuggers club, except for ents. okay, that was really weird.)
by the way, good job on all that stuff. I almost fell out of my chair. And I actually could get away with that "only talk in Elvish" thing. My school has this "foreign language day" every year. you make a t-shirt with what language you're taking and your "name" in that class and you have to speak that language for the entire day or else you get your shirt taken away (you wear something under it, duh!) and whoever gets the most shirts at the end of the day wins. I am seriously going to make a Quenya t-shirt (or just write it on my spanish one) and talk in Elvish all day. Or "Spelvish", which is mixed spanish and elvish, which I do all the time (watch, one day I'm going to write rocco instead of caballo on a spanish quiz...) El Elda esta mata pan!!!
my teacher also made me do vocab sentences and stuff...stupid mnemonics. I did "the Valar were ardent (that was the vocab word) about Arda." We graded them in class. Talk about a weird look from the guy who got to grade my stuff. I had to spend a long time explaining it to him. I am beginning to be known as the LotR freak. I write random stuff on the board in my classes. One time we had to memorize this Bible verse for a class (I go to a Christian school) and somebody asked if they could write it in greek (just to be random, I don't think anybody in my entire school speaks greek) and somebody was like, "Hey, I bet Em could do that!" (I'm a normal nerd along w/ Lotr nerd) and this other girl said "No, she'd probably do it in elvish." Even though I could only maybe have translated God, the, and, one, & spirit. he he he...I can't wait until I'm actually fluent. Then I can write my term paper in Elvish... okay, I'll stop my random stories now.

[ January 21, 2003: Message edited by: Roccotari Eldandil ]
Old 01-21-2003, 02:43 AM   #82
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Hey people,

About freaking out my friends with Lotr.

I once got insane, because this guy said he had bought a new ring. He was showing it to me and my friends. His mistake:
I jumed the guy and held on to his back screaming:

"Thieves, thieves Baggins. Give it back. Give back the precious."

He never showed any form of jewelry to me again.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
VAPORIZORS

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #83
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

HAHAHA! that stuff is great
me and my friend, the ONLY LotR freaks in our class, frequently call people names in Elvish
we use random quotes, whenever one of us does something good, we say "That's good ____(whichever one it is, Becka or Ellen)" like Merry does when he and Pip are swordfighting with Boromir in FotR
In Band the other day we watched the Fellowship and the guy sitting beside me said, "Becka, dont speak the script i want to hear the movie!" i find it hard not to, ive seen it so many times
hey i wish we had that foreign language day...then id talk in Elvish!and nobody would know what i was saying so i could swear at the teachers...hee hee hee [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]:
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #84
Merry
Animated Skeleton

Merry has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh this is a cool thread. I'm glad I found this. I started an LOTR fan-club at school and I'm gonna show people some of this today. I don't have many friends that are into LOTR but it's enough to have fun. And there are also kids at school that like LOTR but aren't like complete weirdos like we are. But it's still fun.
Old 01-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #85
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds formiliar,

Quote:
"Becka, dont speak the script i want to hear the movie!" i find it hard not to, ive seen it so many times
I have that too when I wach. They say excactly the same. Except for the backa part that is. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Vapor Genie Vaporizer

Old 01-30-2003, 03:31 PM   #86
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I can agree with that one. It's gotten to the point where no one will watch it with me anymore because I talk throughout the whole thing speaking the lines. In Two Towers on yesterday afternoon (we had a half day so I spent it well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) I sat in the back and said as much as I knew so far of the movie and when we were leaving the man sitting in front of me asked me something like "How in the world did you memorize it that fast?" Can people honestly be so ignorant? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am definitely alone at my school too. However, I go to an Arts Academy, and no one would give me a second thought if I wore elf ears, and cloaks to school (although I'd officially lose all my athletic jock type friends, the only consolence I have *sighs*). We don't have a dress code either so I wear my Evenstar, or the One Ring every day. Also I wear Nenya everyday.

At home however, one of my neighbors loves LOTR almost as much as I do, so I'm not *completely* alone. Plus I have all the Barrowdowners ... Thank Eru!!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #87
raci
Animated Skeleton

raci has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to raci Send a message via AIM to raci
Silmaril

I am all alone at my school. No one to talk to who even know who Frodo is. My friends call Legolas "Legover" and you can guess Bilbo's name, has anyone read "Bored of the Rings"?
This stuff is really good. I wish I could try some of it but I have strict school uniform, strict teachers and dissaproving friends that prevent me.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: raci ]
Old 01-30-2003, 06:19 PM   #88
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

lol! I am starting highschool next year, and I might try some of these. (but I actually might not go to highschool, cause I am homeschooled, so....) Anyway, these are all great! Post on!

~Hirilaelin, The Mad Elf Queen
Hirilaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 06:02 PM   #89
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Me again! bwa ha a ha!
i call my principal Sauron...but not when he can hear me. im sort of an undercover demon. In gym we run for 20 minutes every class (yuck) and me and my friend Ellen skip and sing Bilbo's Drinking Song. Curse in Orcish, elvish, yada yada yada. Going to try most of that stuff next week...boy i wish i had a caf so i could do the Elf thing...
p.s. going to see TT tomorrow!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2003, 01:20 AM   #90
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

My mother thinks I should start a Tolkien Society at my school, my sister says she would disown me if I did. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I would love to start one though, it would be pretty interesting.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:12 AM   #91
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Heh heh,

It's a good idea to call all your evil teacher's at school Sauron. My principal is not so bad. I don't see him much. When we are kicked out of class you have to go to your co?rdinator and get a red note. You fil in what you have done. THe teacher fill's in what you have done and he decides if you need punishment. ANd thanks to a sertain box of choclates I bought his wife, because he forgot, I don't get to stay in late very often. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Oregon medical marijuana

Old 02-02-2003, 12:39 PM   #92
Pennthangeil
Haunting Spirit

Pennthangeil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pennthangeil
Sting

Im doing the eraser thing currently. My science teacher thinks I'm mad. Everyone else thinks its hilarious! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
Old 04-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #93
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

In ELA (English Language Arts) my teacher told me that the day before when I was absent she had assigned a project to the students to write a biography on a classical author and we had to do an oral report dressed up as the author (although she may let us dress up as a character). Of course I chose Tolkien [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . She says to me, "Oh, I think ****'s already doing him. Let's see if we can have him change his mind though." So she calls **** over and says, "Would you mind changing the author you do your report on, because Tolkien is like the love of Elizabeth's life and she'd die if she couldn't do her report on him." The kid (whose name I've starred out for privacy reasons [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) agreed, but I was embarassed because I was wondering how she knew I liked LOTR so much. Oh well, maybe it's because I haven't had another book in my hands other than Tolkien's since the beginning of the year. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #94
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I call a real arsehole guy in my class Lurtz. Then me and my friend Elen write to each other in Runes, and we always, always, ALWAYS have to compare every single thing to LotR. We have a band trip in May, and the bus we're going on has TV's. Guess what we're going to wake everyone up with at one in the morning. Oh yeah.

"Hey, ho! to the bottle I go"
Old 04-21-2003, 07:16 PM   #95
Senseless Skwerl
Pile O'Bones

Senseless Skwerl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

my friend becka and i are ALWAYS doing funny lotr stuff... usually in the form of merry and pippin, actually, we're going to edmonton, (an over night road trip) and are planning to be merry nd pippin for the day.. heh heh! pranks galore! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] then, we are constantly sending eachother notes in dwarvish runes during VERY imortant science classes, but no onw knows what we're writing, so we rarely get in trouble...
and becka and myself are VERY annoyed by people that don't know the stories at all but claim to be lotr FREAKS like us, so we just say stuff like (we actually say these to, BIG rumour in our school now thanks to us!): legolas is gay, (i know, i know! but it's sooo funny to see there faces!), AND legolas dies in rotk, (people cry, 'tis funny!) we actually made up stories AND reasons for both, and quite frankly, some are believable! no doubt, though, these are only for the leggy fans, and i do love that elf in the stories, but it's jsut so fun to tease, and strangely, it actually does incourage them to read the books, and hey, i'll do anything to get people to read those books! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2003, 09:56 PM   #96
Eressiė Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressiė Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressiė Ailin
Question

I am so happy I found this thread!!!!! And the sad thing is, I've done most of these....

People at school call me 'Eressiė,' my Elvish, I am constantly quoting LoTR, I am wearing my One Ring right now, I refuse to speak to anyone who does not know who Aragorn is and his history, I call my principal 'Sauron' (I'm an Aggie and he's a Longhorn), and all of my teachers are Orcs. I could go on. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Eressiė Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #97
Galadriel9
Haunting Spirit

Galadriel9 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hee hee, these are so cool...I've decided I will do all of them and just flunk my AS levels coz I'm expelled...ha!
Also
Quote:
I related all like 15 of my vocab sentences to lord of the rings once, and i plan to continue to do that.
Hey! I do that in French all the time...my french teacher is so sick of my saying "sir, Elf/quest/dark lord isn't in the dictionary!"
Heres another one that I did the other day, My psychology teacher was yelling at this girl for passing her homework for someone else to copy and I was muttering under my breath "it is hers to give to whom she choses, like her heart" and the people sitting next to me started slowly edging away...! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 08:09 PM   #98
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

This stuff is so hillarious! I wish I was smart enough to think of my own. *sighs* Oh well......

~I'm a Wight! Yeah me!~

[ April 24, 2003: Message edited by: Arafangwen ]
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #99
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dūm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Question

ohh wow. I guess I'm not the only lonely LoTR fanatic. I moved again, and everyone here is nice but not like friend nice. I've been wearing the ring, and since I'm a loner I scream 'my precious' at people, and start quoting the book and pointing out the flaws in the movie. No one really cares what I say but I do it anyways, just for kicks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Also, I wrote trees on my hands (like Dom did) and told everyone my pet ent was coming to get them. soo funny to see their reactions! I've also related my vocab to LoTR and when we had to write about New Zealand I wrote about the making of LoTR! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ April 24, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
Old 04-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #100
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I intend on trying just about every one of these... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I'm so weird. I even scare my other LotR obsessed friends!! *insert evil laugh HERE* Ah well, whatever. Mae carnen, Gamgee, for coming up with all these!!!!
Old 04-25-2003, 01:16 PM   #101
One Axe to Rule them All
Wight

One Axe to Rule them All has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahhh, curse my luck of being home-schooled...

the sad part is, if i was in school, i'd do every last one of these [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] !

so i sit in my house, thinking up ways to sneak onto a public school and do one or two of these pranks before i get kicked off of the school property [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #102
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Quote:
~Sing the song hey!Dol!merry dol!
I've done this too many times.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 07:31 PM   #103
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Thumbs up

Kudos to all the homeschoolers! I made it all the way through, K-12, and am nearly finished with my sophomore year at A&M!

Being at college I don't have much of an opportunity to do wild things. However, I have thought up and written numerous riddles and anagrams (for the Quiz Room) during lecture, and in math recitation last spring I practiced writing Tengwar letters. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Eressiė, I know I've asked you before, what year are you/will you be when you get here? (I'm '05, a sophomore.) And...WHOOP! You can't make me push! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (Although if my ol' lady (aka roommate) sees this she can...she's '04) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #104
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Sting

I did the horn of Gondor thing to my math teacher once. She thought it was funny, after I explained that I wasn't talking about condors. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2003, 05:37 PM   #105
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I have this master plan to SERIOSULY freak out people who hate hobbits.Print up all thses pics of hobbits and tape them all over the place. if the plan goes correctly, this is what will happen:
When the victim wakes up in the morning she will find a picture taped to her alarm clock. and then one to her closet. now mildly annoyed she will get dressed etc. and in the bathroom she will find another pic on the mirror. She continues her morning routine, finding pics around the kitchen etC, setting out to school rather annoyed. when at school she will discover pictures first all over her lockers, in her backpack and purse. Slightly creeped out now, she will find pictures in her textbooks, on her desks, on her little pocket-mirror thing, on her back and virtually everywhere. And then, finally, she discovers a sign in her locker saying 'hobbits know where you live'. She will then freak out and break down crying, loosing whatever sanity she had left...ok the last part's not guarunteed but at least she'll get SERIOUSLY freaked out
Ahh, yes...I'll never grow tired of that one. Anyways, You could launch major freak-out attacks (see quote above) to various jocks and REALLLLLLY scare them. Or, you could always run around the school with a bunch of flyswatters and be the fellowship of the flyswatters (taken already, for flyswatter componant see LOTR meets Zelda con). Or you could always yell 'crabbaian from dunland!!!!!!!!' whenever u see a crow, which is also already done by moi. Or you could get angry at the librarians when they won't order more than 3 copies of any books by JRRT.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:46 AM   #106
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hobbits know where you life [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Priceless!
Old 05-16-2003, 09:51 AM   #107
SilverEmbers
Pile O'Bones

SilverEmbers has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Omg, this is so funny! Im definatly going to do these in school

ok-turn in your english paper written in sindarin. ^.^
Old 05-16-2003, 11:29 AM   #108
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

too many to list... i write in runes, quotes MILLIONS of lines in appropriate and unappropriate places, sing the songs, memorise the script...

for english homework, we had to bring in our favourite song, and i brought in the lyrics of "the ballad of bilbo baggins"!!!

ive also memorised the ballad. if you havent heard it, go now! The ballad of bilbo baggins
scroll down til you see lenard nimoy's name, and play the ballad of bilbo baggins! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
by the way, how do you do the strange weird smilies not on the lists?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #109
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Today my friend, who I shall call Gandalf, was going over some latin with me. every time she asked me to suggest a scentance in the Passive/ Active/ both I would say:
Boromir is shot by Lurtz
Aragorn beheads Lurtz
Lurtz, having shot Boromir, was beheaded by Aragorn.
in the end Gandalf was giving some sentances to translate to me and another friend, who I shall call Perian. Perian's were all things like 'the girl was praised.' but Gandalf had now discovered what makes me pay attntion.
my sentances translated as:
Aragorn killed orcs
Frodo fled from Boromir
the list goes on. i am wondering whether to make real teachers do this! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote