The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #521
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
grandparents farm
My father's family, certainly. My grandfather, who is very smart and very funny, but is very quiet and who is one of the very few people with whom I haven't been able to hold conversation. My brother; I'm usually at the farm with him, shooting targets in the private field or wandering the woods, or looking for wild life to photograph. I think of open space (a few hundred acres) and nature (a pair of wolves, deer, foxes, woodchucks, hawks...). I think of people that like each other, but don't know each other.

Quote:
this local lake
How much I hate being in still water. Rocks instead of sand. Being unable to see the bottom for very long. Geese in the autumn. From about September 15th until mid-October, the lake is covered with them and my old Adv.Bio. class walked down every day to watch them and study their migratory and family structural habits. Canadian geese and snow geese, mostly.

Quote:
Harkness Beach
Being with really good friends this summer. Sunlight and laughter and potato chips. Bikinis and listening in on people speaking in Russian. Napping in public. Sitting on huge rocks as the tide comes in around us, making an island of our perch. No worries.

Quote:
Also, what do you associate with Esty?
Intelligence and kindness. Infinite patience. Wit. Creativity. You know... all the nice things.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #522
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
OK I had a Tolkien dream for the first time in a while! I was in the office and someone was talking about some meetings they were going to. I was half listening and then they said they were going along on part of the Tolkien World Tour, and what's more, they had a pass/ticket thing entitling them to actually meet Tolkien and talk to him. I felt jealous because they didn't even know who Tolkien was! The pass/ticket things were folded sheets of paper inside those clip on plastic badge holders. Next thing it was evening for some reason and all the lights suddenly went out and mass panic ensued with people crowding for the lift lobby, but I saw the passes and grabbed them. Then I got woke up for my breakfast (marmite on toast, mmmmm) so I still didn't get to meet Tolkien.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #523
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fea

This dream was very much about you. In your dream, your in a place of mixed feelings, where it is is both familiar and worry-free, but somehow uncomfortable. The relatives in your dream imply various aspects of yourself, which is reemphasized by the idea of a reunion, where aspects of the people present are incorporated into yourself. (Only you know those aspects.) A baby represents your own inner nature, which is pure and uncorrupted. The idea is again brought back to you as the baby is your cousin, representing a familiar aspect of your character. The baby is out of place among the other relatives present, and so your inner nature is out of place among your other aspects. The trust shown in Esty by the baby reveals a need to integrate the personal aspects for more self-acceptance. (The idea that the side of the family present don't really know each other also shows a need for the integration of your aspects.) Esty, representing goodness, is the "safe" character in the dream, again emphasized by the mutual acceptance between the two. This is what you really desire- the acceptance of your inner nature, and it's integration with the other chracteristics shown.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #524
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lal, two words- wish fufillment.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:50 PM   #525
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
OK I had a Tolkien dream for the first time in a while! I was in the office and someone was talking about some meetings they were going to. I was half listening and then they said they were going along on part of the Tolkien World Tour, and what's more, they had a pass/ticket thing entitling them to actually meet Tolkien and talk to him. I felt jealous because they didn't even know who Tolkien was! The pass/ticket things were folded sheets of paper inside those clip on plastic badge holders. Next thing it was evening for some reason and all the lights suddenly went out and mass panic ensued with people crowding for the lift lobby, but I saw the passes and grabbed them. Then I got woke up for my breakfast (marmite on toast, mmmmm) so I still didn't get to meet Tolkien.

To be less succinct it sounds like that you may find Oxonmoot a bit of a disappointment ..... and you have shang-haied my anxiety about possibly meeting Priscilla.... which in this life is just about as good as it is going to get...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #526
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dunno, maybe the dream symbolised that I find my work deadly dull in comparison to having mad dreams about what I'd ask Tolkien if I met him. Or maybe my hatred of being asked to go out anywhere and meet people? Then the lights going out bit must've been davem passing the window to my side of the bedroom with my plate of marmite on toast? I once dreamed about an earthquake and the cats were having a proper 'kill' fight and had smashed the door open... I want to have my Gollum-mexican day of the dead dream again. That was funny.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:37 AM   #527
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Good heavens! I had a dream of a Barrow-Downs get together in a high school gymnasium in Ohio. There was good showing of people from all over the world and a few speeches given, but nobody looked as they properly do. The menfolk looked rather like Beorn and the women like 1970's middle-aged sophicates. A real mish-mash. It was horrible and interesting all at once!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:15 PM   #528
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde Bracegirdle
The menfolk looked rather like Beorn and the women like 1970's middle-aged sophicates. A real mish-mash. It was horrible and interesting all at once!
*whips out notepad while Hilde still reclines on the black couch*
*assumes Viennese accent*

"Unt how lonk had you bin planning zees trip zat you cancellend vhen da play vas closed?"

Hilde answered while the shrink scribbled.

"I zinks dat you are having de zecond toughts about zis never-never land meeting. Zhere are wimmen still in your mind you should be meeting, yes. You vill not rest in your dreams until you meet dem. Zere is also much to be pondered about zis bear fixation. Zat land you mizzed is svarming with dem."

Old 09-21-2006, 07:50 PM   #529
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I had a Barrowdowns dream a while ago, but couldn't think of the right words to descibe it then. I must warn you that my dreams (when I remember them) are quite... well, you'll see.

So it starts with just a chessboard sitting infront of Rune and Kath who are both on some rather tendy red ottomens (which were really neat. I wish I could find some and/or afford them.) Anyway, the view pans out and of all places they apparently were playing chess in Wal-Mart next to the sports section... where Eomer, Wilwa, Gil-Galad, and various others (it's rather blurry now who, exactly) were playing a lighthearted game of volleyball.

Bethberry and Esty were kicking back an aisle over (patio section), sipping on frozen drinks, giggling to one another with their brightly colored flip-flops and gargantuan sunglasses on.

As dreams usually include the dreamer somewhere, of course I was somewhere between the chess game and being pegged on the head by the volley ball. Curiously, I was strapped to a parachete harness which had been snagged on the net-pole. Everybody was laughing. Not at me, persay, but at how happy they were to be in Wal-Mart playing volleyball ... even Morm who rode in on a skateboard as an employee (somehow) while coming to tell everyone about a discount on something random like toliet plungers or something.

All of our coversation, anyway, was about cutting me out of the harness, which Rune refused with a grin. Eomer found this very silly apparently and snorted which was when I woke up.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #530
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen, post 157, a little over a year ago
I dreamt of Eomer of the Rohirrim the other night. I was hurrying towards my next class in a building in my university when I saw Eomer sitting in the corridor, in front of a classroom. (He looked the way I originally imagined him and not like his picture in the Downs photo page, so no eyeliner. ) I sat down beside him and chatted him up, and all I can remember is that I encouraged him about this book he was trying to write. Then I stood up and said bye and continued hurrying towards my next class. I arrived late and was scolded by my prof, quite needless to say. But for a chat with my big bro, it was all worth it.

Too bad it was only a dream, though.
I don't know why it took me so long to post this (though it's not at all a dream); it happened a couple of weeks ago, I think. I was walking through the same corridor in the dream above, and I saw, sitting on the floor in front of the VERY classroom in the above dream, someone who looked a lot like Eomer - the real one, not the one in my mind. I took the subtlest good look at the guy that I can manage, but he too looked at me. When I passed him I couldn't resist looking back, and when I did he was still looking at me! Please, Eomer, I know you don't need to, but tell me that wasn't you...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 AM   #531
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Two nights ago, I had a dream that the BD's began publishing a series of magazines devoted to the Werewolf games, each publication being devoted to the mods of each.

It got to the eighth edition (me being the mod), when I decided that "Hey! This is a Barrow-Downs dream! I'd better post it on the BD Dream thread!".

So all the dream hereafter was posted in great detail in the dream itself, that I can't remember exactly.

What I do remember is that the eighth edition of Werewolf! Magazine overflowed with praise for my game, and also featured an article by the Saucepan Man detailing the exploits of my brother and sister that had happened during the game. "Huh?" I remember thinking. "What are they doing in MY dream?" There were also many ads for rototillers and the like.

It culminated with SpM sending me the severed leg of our dog as a congratulatory gesture. That had me terribly confused, as our dog still had all of her four legs. I remember bidding my siblings to see if one of Sheila's legs "was newer than the other, or something?!?".

Errrrrrrrrrrrrk.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:30 AM   #532
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
No need to say, I loved Valesse's dream! I am sure it will come true at one point. . .

I had a very weird mix of dreams last night and eventhough I am sure they where seperate dreams, they become a blury mix.

For some reason I needed to talk with The Ka about something, so I went to her house, she insisted that we stood we talked through the door. It was kind of a weird conversation and it did not really lead anywere. While she was talking I went to the back of the house where ther were an open glass door, I went in and was standing right behind Ka. She still thought I was on the otherside of the door and kept on talking and did not even notise me, then I graped some air-plane tickets on a table and went back to the door. We talked for a while and she mentioned something about a shadow behind her, then a rep. arrived. it kind of just popped up where the door used to be. It was from Narfforc and it was negative, but it said the exact same thing as a possitive rep he had given me previously.

Then I had a dream about IM'ing Formendacil about the abcent of some Downers, I then had to go to the bathroom. When I returned apparantley they had all been online and have had the greatest conversations.

You can inteprit if you like, but I already know what the dreams ment.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:49 PM   #533
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Now here is a new one, The Barrow-Dons, a Mafia-esque group ruled by none-other then Esty, Saucepan, Mister Underhill, Sharku and The Barrow-Wight.

"Nice thread you got there, be a shame if something bad happened to it"

ironically after i had the dream, i actually typed in www.barrowdons.com by accident...

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 09-24-2006 at 07:56 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:00 PM   #534
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
Bethberry and Esty were kicking back an aisle over (patio section), sipping on frozen drinks, giggling to one another with their brightly colored flip-flops and gargantuan sunglasses on.
I bet the drinks had those little paper umbrellas, too, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
Eomer found this very silly apparently and snorted which was when I woke up.
Very bad habit that.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:14 PM   #535
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
I bet the drinks had those little paper umbrellas, too, eh?
Oh you bet! I tried to keep the details down for... the downs, but I remember the colors. Your drink was orange, and umbrella was that brilliant aqua color straight out of the seventies, and Esty's drink was lime green with a magenta umbrella.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry
Very bad habit that.
Yes... Dream-Eomer should seek professionals! I have no evidence now that the real Eomer of the Rohirrim snorts.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:14 AM   #536
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Gladly, I don't.

Lhuna, maybe it was. Maybe you are a true Seer and we are destined to meet at that very spot.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:08 PM   #537
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by man of my waking dreams
Lhuna, maybe it was. Maybe you are a true Seer and we are destined to meet at that very spot.
Don't say that. I might have to eat myself on a Full Moon.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #538
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Shortly:
Me at the top of Orthanc in a pub with some anonymous Barrow Downers listening to a terrible cover band "Borrim Hunters". Then Gandalf coming to cut peoples heads off, because his boss, an orc, ordered him to do that.

If you have stranger dreams, then something is wrong...
Old 11-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #539
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed that the journey I took from Michigan to Montana was made on a ship (huh?), and that I was going back to Michigan to pick up something that I had forgotten - and waiting for me there were four Barrow-boys who had found my old address somehow. I remember Glirdan, Hookbill, a tiny little guy who must have been TGWBS, but I don't remember the fourth gentleman. All four were skinnier than rails (especially Glirdan - again) and I gave them all hugs.

The sail back I made accompanied by either Diamond18 or Fea - I couldn't tell which.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #540
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had an odd dream a couple nights ago where I ended up staying a couple hours at the home of the B-W himself. He was a rather engaging individual and I enjoyed my time there. I can't remember how it ended but it was really interesting spending time with him at his house...but oddly he lived in Utah in my dream.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:04 AM   #541
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Leaf

I had a really strange dream last night. . .

I was kind of physical in the RPG forum. . .kind of, it is hard to explain.
I then got a PM from Encai and Lommy asking me to writte some message to the other people in the RPG. . . I could not understand what it was that they wanted me to do, but I did not want to let them know that I did not know, so I just asked some vauge questions in an atempt to get a clue. All I found out was that they had made a map I could use. . .The map however did not make any sence.

It was not a nightmare, but the dream did make me feel very uncomfortable.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:57 AM   #542
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I had this dream earlier this week...I had fallen asleep with the light on, and my dad wore me up at 4 am to tell me to turn it off. This dream occurred sometime between then and my normal waking-up time of 7:30.

In my dream, I was getting married in a week in Milwaukee. (Why Milwaukee, I have no idea). Apparently I was woefully unprepared for this wedding, since I didn't even have my dress picked out yet with a week to go! Anyway, Formy decided to throw me an engagement party, but I was too busy to RSVP. Finally Hookbill (who was either my fiancé or my personal assistant, I'm not sure which, in the dream) said he was going to RSVP for me and tell Form I was going to wear a dark green dress (perhaps to match with the forum's color scheme?) to the party. At that point in the dream I decided that perhaps I really did need to pick out my wedding dress. The dream ended with me trying on a wedding dress that was suspiciously like a red flannel nightgown with a white yoke, eyelet lace, and ribbons! (I have no idea why I remember it so clearly.) This was definitely one of my weirder dreams!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:29 AM   #543
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Last night, I had a weird dream...

I bought a CD by the Finnish singer Maija Vilkkumaa, but the album didn't actually have anything to do with her. It had different artists playing different songs. The last song, however, was sung by an artist called Macalaure. My sister insisted macalaure means "white as a lamb" while I argumented that it can't since "laure" is the Quenya word for gold, not white. Anyway, the track sung by this mysterious Macalaure had originally been done for a more famous artist called mormegil, but he couldn't do it, so in the end the track was sung by this Macalaure who was unknown to the big public.
In the same dream Mac decided to come to Finland for just one day and one night. He and Noggie were planning to meet each other. I wanted to see Mac too, but I had promised my friends to spend the day in question with them. they were quite upset when I said I wanted to go to meet Mac. They said: "You prefer some random german guy and your dad to us."

Comments: Well... That was really weird, though I guess that shows I know more quenya than my sis does. I think the "Mac was coming to Finland" -thing came from a msn discussion with Rune where I told him to come to Finland for a brief visit to fetch the Finnish wine his stepfather wanted for present. As to meeting Mac when I should have been with my friends and their bitter comment... I guess they think I spend too much time on the 'Downs.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:57 PM   #544
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
I had this dream earlier this week...I had fallen asleep with the light on, and my dad wore me up at 4 am to tell me to turn it off. This dream occurred sometime between then and my normal waking-up time of 7:30.

In my dream, I was getting married in a week in Milwaukee. (Why Milwaukee, I have no idea). Apparently I was woefully unprepared for this wedding, since I didn't even have my dress picked out yet with a week to go! Anyway, Formy decided to throw me an engagement party, but I was too busy to RSVP. Finally Hookbill (who was either my fiancé or my personal assistant, I'm not sure which, in the dream) said he was going to RSVP for me and tell Form I was going to wear a dark green dress (perhaps to match with the forum's color scheme?) to the party. At that point in the dream I decided that perhaps I really did need to pick out my wedding dress. The dream ended with me trying on a wedding dress that was suspiciously like a red flannel nightgown with a white yoke, eyelet lace, and ribbons! (I have no idea why I remember it so clearly.) This was definitely one of my weirder dreams!
A dream that tells a long story with a happy ending. There are two basic themes in this dream- one social, one emotional. The setting begins with a city, which represents your sense of community. (Your personal view of Milwauke would be indicative of just what that is for you.) Planning your wedding to an indistinct person shows a need to balance your masculine and feminine sides. You were unprepared, and as a dress represents the free expression of femininity, your lack there of reveals that it was the feminine side that needed balancing. However you veiw Form, his party for your shows a need to meet relational needs in a social setting. Being too busy means that you were unable to meet those needs on your own. This is likely tied very strongly to your need to express your emotional side. Hookbill, whatever he represents to you, was the facilitator that helped you meet these needs, since as fiance he would help you reach your balance, which is also likely why you remember him as an asistant as well. (He was literally asisting you.) By picking out a dark green dress, he was emphasizing your need to express your femininity or emotional side. (Dark green shows the need to balance feminine and masculine traits; the dress is, again, expression of the feminine side.) This jumps you into making a decision- that being how exactly you will express your feminine side. What the dress you picked looked like explains this choice. An old style red flanel nightgown. Whatever that means to you. Breaking down the elements though- red means strong emotions, white means new beginings, and lace is the realization of your heart's desires.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #545
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I just remembered... I had a dream the other night.

I wish I remembered what it was, who was in it... anything.

I suspect, however, that it was my Village and they killed me.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #546
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
Finally Hookbill (who was either my fiancé or my personal assistant, I'm not sure which, in the dream) said he was going to RSVP for me...
This dream is highly unlikely.... I have no idea what RSVP stands for.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:13 AM   #547
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A few nights ago I had a weird dream. I, Noggie and Goldberry (who was my mother) lived in a small cabin (that resembled a cabin in my friend's summer house). Noggie knew Boro. (They talked for hours in the phone.) Then, one day, Noggie invited Boro to our home. Strangely, Noggie was somewhere the minute when Boro came, so I got to welcome him and his wife (? it was some woman he had with him). I introduced Boro to my 'mum' and then I told him: "This is my mother. Her name is Goldberry. But she is usually called Goldie, you can call her that." 'Goldie' didn't look very delighted at the guests coming and she sat in the corner all the time. Also, I remember wondering (in the dream) "why's my mother Goldberry if my father's not Tom Bombadil?" ...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #548
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
This dream is highly unlikely.... I have no idea what RSVP stands for.
It's stands for the French phrase 'repondez, si vous plait,' which literally means 'please respond.' When you RSVP, you call/e-mail/write to someone who invited you to a party to tell them whether you can come or not.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #549
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was camping. Child was cooking supper at the Coleman. It started raining so I got under some trees. Child insisted rather caustically that I'd be better off in the tent. I said nothing but decided to stay under the tree leaves again, even though the rain was dripping through just a little bit. A fireball flew out of the sky, right between us, and incinerated our tent, leaving nothing standing but the frame wires. Child and I looked at each other, wide-eyed.

Any interpreters out there?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:48 AM   #550
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Well, clearly you think either Child or God is trying to kill you. Probably Child, as God would probably be far more subtle about it.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 AM   #551
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Sting

God probably would not miss either

Old 11-21-2006, 07:03 AM   #552
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Going at it from a Jungian point-of-view:

Child is female and represents your own feminine, nourishing (cooking) side. It seeks to place you in what seems to be a sheltered spot. However, you would rather take what the elements bring you, risking your own comfort. You do choose a natural shelter, though it does not offer complete protection. Obviously, that choice is the right one, as the seeming (man-made) shelter is actually the place of destruction. That destruction comes from outside of you, seemingly random from above - I would not necessarily interpret that as being from a divine source.

As I have no idea what the Coleman is, I can't interpret the location.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:43 AM   #553
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
As I have no idea what the Coleman is, I can't interpret the location.
Coleman is a brand of camp stove. Ubiquitous all over campgrounds here in NA.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:00 AM   #554
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Jenny and Rune, you guys are too funny.

The Jungian intepretation provided by Estelyn fits the facts of my experience of late; not that anybody's been trying to kill me, but there are destructive forces that are apparently trying to undo the good I am trying to accomplish.

Taking a somewhat objective stance, it occurs to me that a tent is a temporary shelter, sort of akin to one's body. Hmmm.... this is not the first such dream about such a thing....
Old 11-21-2006, 11:04 AM   #555
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Taking a somewhat objective stance, it occurs to me that a tent is a temporary shelter, sort of akin to one's body. Hmmm.... this is not the first such dream about such a thing....
Wasn't Saul/Paul a tentmaker?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #556
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By Jupiter

I think you are looking at the wrong god..... try Zeus or Thor ...and watch out for Valkyries

Old 11-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #557
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I think you are looking at the wrong god..... try Zeus or Thor ...and watch out for Valkyries
It could have been the God of cheap flights, Stelios. Apparently lots of 'meteorites' are nothing more than the contents of airliner toilets being jettisoned....
Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #558
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And that adds insult to injury really ... one thing to be smote by a thunderclap..another to be smote by a thunderbox

Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #559
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Uh oh! I've written a Valkyrie into my magnum opus and she's not as sympathetic a character as when I started writing ... virtually turning into the enemy..... and her symbol is fire; namely, the firebird or phoenix... *Elempi ducks*
Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #560
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

A night or two ago, I dreamed I was chatting online with TGWBS, and I told him about an non-slash-writers club Form and I started, as we had talked about recruiting British BDers. TG was slightly skeptical so I started enthusing and going wild and starting up a very flashy forum to entice him in.

Me: "Ooh, it'll look *just* like a playground, look at this animated picture of a slide, it'll be perfect for the general announcements forum, wheeee! Look at the swings swinging!"

Jay: "Uhh...I dunno. You're weird and I'm scared."