The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 PM   #41
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Shield

Okay, this is not an easy decision, but I have to make one very soon.

If nothing else happens thee next ten minutes my vote will go to Inzil.

The contributions have mostly been good natured banter, and comments on Huey being a bit jumpy. Perhaps more will follow, but as things stand this behavior seems to needlessly shy away from confrontation (in my opinion). What does it mean that Huey is a bit jumpy (Inzil has pointed it out twice), is this wolfish behavior or not? Furthermore the posts interact with a fair few of the villagers, but without leaving any real traces. Of all the active players, this is the behavior that seems the most wolfish to me. A relatively low key day 1, staying out of focus, but with a degree of interaction.

Edit: Cross Posted with Huey

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 12-29-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Cross Posting
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #42
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I know not a lot has gone on today, but still, to know such beasts are among us is unsettling. Who is responsible for this?

I'm just saying, I didn't do it.

X'd with Rune. Off for dinner, but will post again when I'm back home.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 12-29-2017 at 06:57 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #43
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Shield As there has been no development

++Inziladun

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #44
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
It's scary that I agree with Pitch so much so early.
It definitely is--to be agreed with so much, I mean.

Huey's suspicion of Rune seems fair enough if a little thin, based on just one post. I'd need a little more reasons to get behind that.

I've got an eye on Huey himself--could be an eager innocent a little nervous in a new environment, could be an eager but somewhat touchy wolf cub. Anyway I'm giving him a newbie's pass toDay.

Zil agreeing with me so much is indeed eyebrow-raising, and the fact that he points it out himself could be a self-conscious attempt to deflect suspicion after Huey commented on it earlier.

I'm flip-flopping about Boro (which is kind of hilarious). Something isn't right with him, and I'd like to find out what it is. I said above that he shouldn't be our concern toDay, but I remember a Borowolf who acted cobblerish and got away with it (one of Nog's games, I was the real cobbler). Could imagine voting for him.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:21 PM   #45
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmm, Rune's swerve from Huey to Zil was a bit sudden. I can't fault his reasoning, but then I tend to suspect Zil a lot early in the game -- creepiest player is his job, whatever he is, and he gets lynched early a lot because of it.

It scares me a bit how we few are getting ready to vote each other while half the village are still more or less no-shows (Morsul? Shasta?).
Old 12-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #46
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
It scares me a bit how we few are getting ready to vote each other while half the village are still more or less no-shows (Morsul? Shasta?).
As much as I'm going to be grinding my teeth here, I'm going to have to force myself to vote today, because if I were one of the murderers I would pick off Morsul or Shasta next, and leave us with nothing again tomorrow.

So be it...

++Nerwen

No particular reason other than I don't want one of the active people today. Nerwen did post once and, if a wolf, best to take a shot at getting rid of her now, or we're all dead.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:42 PM   #47
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Nerwen did post once and, if a wolf, best to take a shot at getting rid of her now, or we're all dead.
'Let's lynch her now because if she's a wolf she'll be oh so dangerous." That's plain truth, but if she's not she'll be oh so dangerous to the wolves, so why should we lynch her without any evidence? Since when do we lynch people just in case?
Old 12-29-2017, 07:53 PM   #48
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

OK, I just realized I've been up for close to 20 hours, and nocturnal creature though I am, this undead vampire bat has a lot of sunlight damage to recover from.

Nerevar guide me!
++Boro

Good night!
Old 12-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #49
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I'm a little more nervous about Zil now - post 37 feels like a retread of post 29 rather than anything particularly new - but equally, there's nothing new there to spark new suspicions. And Rune... well, Rune's post is bulked out by a big paragraph about voting, after which the content comes down to:

-Zil only posted once.
-Boro is having fun.
-Pitch is productive.

The first three points have all been previously made in the thread; the last is an expansion of other people's suspicions (as was his original comment on Boro), and is pointed at the person who's several times named him as number 1 voting candidate.

There's nothing here to make me reduce my suspicions, so in the absence of other candidates, and on the principle that a voting record is helpful to the village:

++Rune

hS, roosting upside-down in a tree and hoping for the best
Huey sort of suspects me, but decides Rune is a bit worse, so votes for him.

His suspicion of Rune seems a bit forced, but is it Day 1/New Player uncertainties, coupled with "I gotta vote for someone?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Okay, this is not an easy decision, but I have to make one very soon.

If nothing else happens thee next ten minutes my vote will go to Inzil.

The contributions have mostly been good natured banter, and comments on Huey being a bit jumpy. Perhaps more will follow, but as things stand this behavior seems to needlessly shy away from confrontation (in my opinion). What does it mean that Huey is a bit jumpy (Inzil has pointed it out twice), is this wolfish behavior or not? Furthermore the posts interact with a fair few of the villagers, but without leaving any real traces. Of all the active players, this is the behavior that seems the most wolfish to me. A relatively low key day 1, staying out of focus, but with a degree of interaction.
Now this seems forced as well, though it is me saying so. What kind of 'confrontation' d'ya expect on Day 1?

Quote:
As much as I'm going to be grinding my teeth here, I'm going to have to force myself to vote today, because if I were one of the murderers I would pick off Morsul or Shasta next, and leave us with nothing again tomorrow.

So be it...

++Nerwen

No particular reason other than I don't want one of the active people today. Nerwen did post once and, if a wolf, best to take a shot at getting rid of her now, or we're all dead.
I can sympathize to a point, because Nerwen always worries me. I strongly disagree with the 'just because' vote though.

x/d with Pitch
Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #50
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
At this point, there's been nothing from Morsul or Shasta. And hardly anything from Lal or Sally. Hm.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #51
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Curse these transatlantic voting deadlines, cried the fell voice. It makes for very sleepy decisions.
Also, where are Shasta and Morsul? And I also seem to remember a Sally in "oh my ears and whiskers I just need to rush off and do something and then rush in again" mode being a Very Bad Sally.
Well as we all know first days suck and often the most active participants get unfairly picked on. I will spread the vote and go for a quiet one... although not an absent one as that could be too risky
++Sally
Old 12-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #52
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Well as we all know first days suck and often the most active participants get unfairly picked on. I will spread the vote and go for a quiet one... although not an absent one as that could be too risky
You're right in that submarines often do slip by early on. Where's Nog when you need him?

That said, the squeaky wheels naturally get the attention, rightly or wrongly.

This time we have two votes for the (mostly) absent thus far.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:36 PM   #53
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I think for me it's down to Boro or Rune.

I don't like Boro's vote, but it really seems reckless for a wolf.

Rune strikes me as worse, because of the way he initially seemed to grab onto Huey's initial, mild suspicion of Boro, then Pitch's comment that Boro could be Moon Moon, then moved from all that to vote for me.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #54
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ok then.

++Rune
Old 12-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #55
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bark - I mean back - and reading.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM   #56
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

FYI, I sent Shasta a text to let him know the game is afoot, but my phone then died, so I don't know if it actually sent.

Quote:
'Let's lynch her now because if she's a wolf she'll be oh so dangerous." That's plain truth, but if she's not she'll be oh so dangerous to the wolves, so why should we lynch her without any evidence? Since when do we lynch people just in case?
Since Phantom, that's when.

My general logic on Nerwen is that whichever side she's on, the other side should keep a close eye on her, so while I don't disagree with Boro's thoughts on Nerwen (if she is evil, I vote we call her Furwen), I also don't like the idea of lynching her on Day 1 "just to be safe," as it were. Day 1 is when you don't lynch people to be safe, in case they are gifted, etc. My prince is jumpy in a way that I don't currently like, but by my own rule above, lynching him on Day 1 is equally risky.

Posting and refreshing.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:58 PM   #57
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
And I also seem to remember a Sally in "oh my ears and whiskers I just need to rush off and do something and then rush in again" mode being a Very Bad Sally.
Touche, but in this case, my phone just died and I couldn't post again until I got home just now.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #58
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I don't like things being so spread out. If my calculations are correct, five different people have votes. Easy to manipulate such a situation.

Purely to avoid a sudden shift we didn't expect:

++Rune

I hope I don't regret it.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:20 PM   #59
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
End of Day 1. Counting the votes.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #60
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
With three votes, Rune is lynched. He is a wolf.

Night 2 begins. Wolf, Ranger, Seer - do your work. People who did not vote toDay please do so toMorrow.

~~~~~~~~~

The Blossom of Dwimordene had a fine eulogy to send her off. The warg echoed after the latest poem, "bees, freeze, knees...".

"Enough poetry!" a cry went around.

"Dare not you offer insult to poetry", said the gorcrow hanging upside down, " or henceforth I shall offer suspicion only in verse!"

"Tweeze, frees, sneeze..." went on the warg.

"Geez, get productive already!"

"Yes, thank you - Geez!" the warg agreed happily. Everyone ignored him.

"It is the fox," said the gorcrow.

"Not so," said the fox, looking into everyone's eyes in turn and staring a little too long. "It is the surprise creature."

"It's the Wight," said the warg. "It's the warg, said the bat. "It's the dog," said the fell voice.

The pomeranian lifted her ears at the mention and bared her pointy teeth. "Always you debate idiocy and never listen to intelligent people!" She barked. "You said right off it is the fox. So lynch him! He's unsettling enough as it is, and it ruins my appetite."

"Surprise!" shouted the surprise creature as he pulled out a bazooka wielding raccoon who shot the whole round into the fox. The fox's body turned into one of a wolf.

The fell creatures cheered.

Then they ate the raccoon for dinner.

LIVING
Inzil- surprise creature
Nerwen - Barrow Wight
Sally - Boo Joe, a teacup Pomeranian with abnormally sharp teeth and a Napoleon complex
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Lalaith - fell voice on the air
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Morsul - demigorgon
Shasta

DEAD
Rune - wolf

Last edited by Galadriel55; 12-29-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:03 PM   #61
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day2 begins

"Who are you? What are you doing here? This is my dwelling!"

"You won't have need of it much longer."

"Why did you come here?"

"To kill you."

"Surprise ."

"Not really."

"That was sarcasm."

"Huh."

LIVING
Nerwen - Barrow Wight
Sally - Boo Joe, a teacup Pomeranian with abnormally sharp teeth and a Napoleon complex
Boro - a warg bred for a single purpose, never being on time
Lalaith - fell voice on the air
Pitch - undead vampire bat
Huinesoron - inverted gorcrow
Morsul - demigorgon
Shasta - squinting red eyes

DEAD
Rune - wolf, lynched D1
Inzil - ordo, killed N2

Last edited by Galadriel55; 12-31-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:01 AM   #62
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Excellent - scratch one wolf! It's a shame about Zil (sorry I suspected you); I think his second vote for Rune would have cleared him in my eyes.

Since I seem to be the first one up again (gorcrows rise early), I guess I'll kick things off with a rundown of Who's Who among the survivors:

Nerwen - still nothing to go on.

Sally - cast a bit of suspicion on Boro, then dropped the third vote on Rune - but at a time when we would have needed two votes for the same alternate, in 20 minutes, from the remaining 3 people (6 votes cast + Sally makes 7 accounted for), for him not to be lynched. This could be a safe wolf vote, but doesn't really say anything either way.

Boro - Rune's early attempt to follow me onto his case makes him look less like a wolf, but his goofy behavior and 'let's not lynch! Wait, let's lynch Nerwen for no real reason!' lends support to Pitch's Moon Moon theory.

Lalaith - cast a vote for Sally that spread the vote out to five (half the village!). Gave at least marginal reasoning (Sally has been a pop-in-and-out wolf before?), but I'm still dubious.

Pitch - Now that we know he was an ordo, I guess it's okay to quote Zil's 'sensible Pitch is sensible'. Introduced the BoroMoon theory, then noted that BoroWolf has acted cobblerish before. Voted for Boro on that ground. Also argued against lynching people 'just in case'. Nothing really to suspect here (for me).

Huinesoron - Hello!

Morsul - Absent.

Shasta - Absent.

So that's 3/8 with absolutely no evidence, which is... great. -_- I'd like to hear more from yesterday's latecomers - in particular, why Sally thought it was dangerous to need 2 votes out of 3 in 20 minutes, and why Lalaith felt we needed five lynch candidates.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 05:15 AM   #63
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

So, this should clear up the question whether D1 lynches are useful or not, shouldn't it?

A look at the votes (known wolf bolded, known innocent italicized):

#40 Huey -> Rune (1), as announced in #35. Huey had playfully challenged Rune (together with Boro and Sally) in his first post, focussed on Boro for a while, then begun to suspect Rune mildly based on Rune's 'overly-strong agreement' with his suspicion of Boro, repeated this point in #32 and pondered voting for Rune, which he did after being counter-suspected by Rune.

Fairly coherent, perhaps a bit much so, since it was all based on one point in one post of Rune's, but of course we now know he was right. The only way I could see Huey doing this as a wolf would be if he's unexperienced at making up suspicions against innocents and thus resorted to wolf-on-wolf in lack of anything better, but if so it was rather daring in a pack of two. Seems genuine though, and I'd say he looks pretty good toDay.

#43 Rune -> Zil, as announced in #41. Known wolf voting known innocent. Had previously surfed on Huey's suspicion of Boro, my own BoroMoon theory and Zil's observation that Huey was being jumpy, then turned on Zil after declaring that he wouldn't want to vote for Huey on his first day.

In case there was any wolf-on-wolf afoot between Rune and Huey this sudden turn would make lots of sense. So does his reluctance to vote for a cobbler-candidate, if he really believed in this theory.

#46 Boro -> Nerwen, out of the blue, because he didn't want to vote one of the active people, and because she'd be dangerous if a wolf.

Random vote for a player who had just one early IC post, reasoning looking very much like he coughed it up ad hoc. Having slept over it I tend to agree with Zil (#53) that it was 'reckless for a wolf', but it didn't seem to me a vote with the village's best interest in mind.

#48 Pitch -> Boro. I'll leave this one for you to analyse, but Boro had been worrying me for much of the Day. I also had mild suspicions of Huey and Zil, and Rune's sudden turn on Zil raised my eyebrows, but with the rules saying the first person to get a majority gets lynched I didn't feel bad enough about any of them to give them a second vote.

#51 Lalaith -> Sally, because a distracted sally is 'a Very Bad Sally'. (Is that supposed to mean simply bad or Evil?)

Another vote for a player who had barely participated, based on reasoning that was rather meta. Not unlike Boro's vote, and spreading the votes thinner. I feel her pain about transatlantic deadlines, but I don't like this.

#54 Zil -> Rune (2), as announced in #53. Known innocent for known wolf, because of the way he latched on to other's suspicions, 'then moved from all that to vote for me'. This got the wagon rolling leading to Rune's lynch an hour from DL and probably made Zil a target for the Night kill.

#58 Sally -> Rune (3). Previously agreed with me about Boro's vote, but found lynching him too risky (duly noted), voted Rune 'purely to avoid a sudden shift we didn't expect'.

This vote cemented Rune's fate right at DL-- or did it? Even if one of the other candidates had got another vote (which was unlikely at this time), Rune would still have been lynched based on the Rule of First. Thus Sally's vote looks good on first sight, but could well have been made by a fellow-wolf who found D1 had gone horribly wrong in her absence and pushed what's falling to dissociate herself from Rune.

No vote: Nerwen, Morsul, Shasta. I'd really like to hear more from them toDay, and from yesterDay'S latecomers, Lal and Sally.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:48 AM   #64
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I feel her pain about transatlantic deadlines, but I don't like this.
Fair enough, I can see it doesn´t look great. In my defence all I can say is that it was 2am, I was a about to nod off when I remembered I hadn´t voted yet, I had a quick look at events so far but failed to clock that we already had four candidates.

Anyway, good news about getting a wolf first lynch - we must have a rather worried lone wolf somewhere. I must say it is a nice refreshing change to play an old-school game with roles declared on death and no funny business.
And what about our cobbler? They failed to spot/save their wolfy ally yesterDay..I would say that Huey and Sally look pretty good bets as non-wolves based on yesterDay´s voting but of course one of them might be a furious cobbler now kicking themselves...
A more convincing alternative might be a low-lying cobbler who withheld their vote while they were sussing out the potential pack...Nerwen, Shasta, Morsul, ho hum...
Old 12-31-2017, 06:20 AM   #65
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
This vote cemented Rune's fate right at DL-- or did it? Even if one of the other candidates had got another vote (which was unlikely at this time), Rune would still have been lynched based on the Rule of First. Thus Sally's vote looks good on first sight, but could well have been made by a fellow-wolf who found D1 had gone horribly wrong in her absence and pushed what's falling to dissociate herself from Rune.
Not quite getting this by the way - I don´t see how Rune´s fate was necessarily already sealed at the time of Sally´s vote, even though it was very close to deadline. Lets say a Sally-wolf is trying to save fellow-wolf Rune. Why not vote for Boro or Zil, (Nerwen would not be such a good bet as she had herself not voted at this point and would obv vote to save herself) hoping that one of Nerwen, Morsul or Shasta would also come in at deadline vote in this way? That would give Boro or Zil three votes, to Rune´s two.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #66
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Would it help if I promise to be less absent? And actually be watching the real game thread? I didn't think we were starting till after New Years, oops. Will dig into this tomorrow.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:41 AM   #67
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Not quite getting this by the way - I don´t see how Rune´s fate was necessarily already sealed at the time of Sally´s vote, even though it was very close to deadline. Lets say a Sally-wolf is trying to save fellow-wolf Rune. Why not vote for Boro or Zil, (Nerwen would not be such a good bet as she had herself not voted at this point and would obv vote to save herself) hoping that one of Nerwen, Morsul or Shasta would also come in at deadline vote in this way? That would give Boro or Zil three votes, to Rune´s two.
Not to say that couldn't have happened, but with mere minutes to go, how likely was it that any of them would vote after not having showed up all Day?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:26 AM   #68
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I won't be very active today, working most of day to close out the new year but will be finished with 1 or 2 hours before DL to spare.

Already got 1, what's there to worry about? All Rune voters get a pass from my vote, at least today. Let's not complicate or overthink the fortuitous Day 1.

No one should overlook the part I played...yes I'm taking some credit, maybe like 5% of the credit, because it got Rune involved where his teeth and claws showed.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:30 AM   #69
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
My prince is jumpy in a way that I don't currently like, but by my own rule above, lynching him on Day 1 is equally risky.
Who is Sally´s prince? I can´t remember...
Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 AM   #70
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Who is Sally´s prince? I can´t remember...
That would be me.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:41 AM   #71
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dark-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Would it help if I promise to be less absent?
Well, that would certainly be a big help...

I'm increasingly concerned that we might have a silent wolf, and with three (counting Nerwen) silent players yesterday, it's too big a field to just grind our way through. Zil's death last Night doesn't seem to point at any of the three (my working theory is that he was killed because his vote sealed Rune's fate, 'confirming' his innocence), so we're working entirely in the dark if that's the case.

That said, there's still Boro's behaviour yesterday to consider. If he's less goofy today, that could mean he was truly just 'having fun'... but on the flip side, it might point at a nervous wolf or BoroMoon. And of course Sally still hasn't arrived to clarify on that last-minute vote.

Hopefully people show up earlier toDay... the last thing I want is to vote without hearing from everyone.

Pre-edit: Boro is looking less goofy, but is pseudo-clearing not only me, but Sally as well. Hmm. Also claiming part of the kill; Boro, are you suggesting yesterday's goofiness was a strategy to try and draw out a wolf? If so, how was that supposed to work, exactly?

hS
Old 12-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #72
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Pre-edit: Boro is looking less goofy, but is pseudo-clearing not only me, but Sally as well. Hmm. Also claiming part of the kill; Boro, are you suggesting yesterday's goofiness was a strategy to try and draw out a wolf? If so, how was that supposed to work, exactly?

hS
Yes...I would bet my posting behavior yesterday was talked about by everyone who did show up yesterday. It was the "talk of the town" you might say.

My courtroom manner might be somewhat...unconventional, even argumentative just for the sake of being different, but what was the most discussed topic yesterday? Day 1 all there is to go on is conversation and if being the odd one that takes on suspicion, at least everyone who was around yesterday talked about it, including the wolf.

There's a method to random goofiness, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Now that there is more to go on than nothing, and my Day 1 behavior, I don't think you'll get anymore rhyming out of me, but we'll all just have to wait and see!
Old 12-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #73
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Zil, Day One

Banter.

#29.
Thinks Runewolf (#16) is "leaving an out in case you're called on it" [suspicion of Boro].

Suggests Huey as a nickname for Huinesoron.

Says of Boro: I'm going to look at his posts and read them backwards while listening to the White Album.

Says Pitch is "sensible", referring to #25, where Pitch thinks Huinesoron is "trying a bit too hard", and points out that aggressive wolf-hunting can be something for a wolf to hide behind. This, in turn, was a response to Huinesoron finding Boro suspicious for excessive banter.

Describes Huinesoron's defence of his tactics (#26) as "overreaction".

#37.
Banter.

Is against not voting Day One. Finds it "scary" that he agrees with Pitch "so much so early".

Thinks Huinesoron (#32) is "again, a little touchy".

#38. Replying to Runewolf #36.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I wouldn't vote him [Huinesoron] toDay just because of the First Game Pass. Doesn't seem sporting.

Huinesoron --> Rune (wolf).
Rune (wolf) --> Inziladun (ordo).
Boro --> Nerwen.
Pitch --> Boro.

#49. Finds Huinesoron's and Rune's suspicions of those they voted "forced". "Sympathizes" with Boro's apprehension of a hypothetical Nerwolf, but disagrees with this as a reason for voting.

#50.
Notes that there has been little or nothing from Morsul, Shasta, Sally or Lal.

Lal --> Sally.

#52.
Agrees with Lal on the danger of submarines.

#53. Will vote Boro or Rune.. Latter seems worse because of seemingly forced suspicions.

#54. Votes Rune (2).

Conclusion: Was probably killed largely because his particular rôle in lynching Runewolf would be hard to paint as either cobblerish or wolf-on-wolf. However, the joke about his intention to "look at [Boro's] posts and read them backwards while listening to the White Album" might have looked Seerish (assuming a jumpy wolf).
Old 12-31-2017, 08:50 AM   #74
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I too was wondering if the wolf went for Zil as Seer.
The vote for Rune looked prescient, of course, but the wolf could also have read the trusting of Pitch as a seerish knowledge of Pitch´s innocence. Which in turn looks good for Pitch...
Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #75
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Boro, so you're saying you deliberately made yourself an easy target to see who would swallow the bait? If that's not a rationalisation ex post, it certainly makes sense-- as in, it makes your behaviour make sense where there didn't seemy to be any.

Quote:
I'm increasingly concerned that we might have a silent wolf
This. It's strange that there was no attempt to get an alternative bandwagon rolling and save Rune; if his packmate was absent this would explain that.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:51 AM   #76
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Good morning, all! And it is a good morning indeed!

Quote:
Yes...I would bet my posting behavior yesterday was talked about by everyone who did show up yesterday. It was the "talk of the town" you might say.

My courtroom manner might be somewhat...unconventional, even argumentative just for the sake of being different, but what was the most discussed topic yesterday? Day 1 all there is to go on is conversation and if being the odd one that takes on suspicion, at least everyone who was around yesterday talked about it, including the wolf.

There's a method to random goofiness, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. Now that there is more to go on than nothing, and my Day 1 behavior, I don't think you'll get anymore rhyming out of me, but we'll all just have to wait and see!
Welcome to the silly side. We have cookies and bandwagons.

I'd say this checks out so far though, not only because it's my own MO, but because, well, we got a wolf. Well done so far, my prince. *nuzzles*
Old 12-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #77
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Quote:
Boro, so you're saying you deliberately made yourself an easy target to see who would swallow the bait? If that's not a rationalisation ex post, it certainly makes sense-- as in, it makes your behaviour make sense where there didn't seemy to be.
I would agree that it almost makes sense. Boro's behaviour was 'the talk of the town' - but when it came down to it, he voted for Nerwen, not any of the people who had been discussing him. Boro, was there nothing in anyone's words - Rune's, Pitch's, mine, Zil's, we all commented on you or people's reactions to you - that was more worthy of a vote than 'she would make a dangerous wolf'?

hS

(Crossed with Sally)
Old 12-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #78
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Boro, so you're saying you deliberately made yourself an easy target to see who would swallow the bait? If that's not a rationalisation ex post, it certainly makes sense-- as in, it makes your behaviour make sense where there didn't seemy to be any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron
I'm increasingly concerned that we might have a silent wolf
This. It's strange that there was no attempt to get an alternative bandwagon rolling and save Rune; if his packmate was absent this would explain that.
Indeed, just based on the voting, nobody seems a very likely packmate for Zil. It would, of course, be dangerous at this point to assume this puts those voted yesterDay in the clear- the early votes were very spread out, so possibly Rune's packmate did cast one of these, not guessing Rune would need rescuing.

EDIT: x'd since Pitch #75.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #79
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I would agree that it almost makes sense. Boro's behaviour was 'the talk of the town' - but when it came down to it, he voted for Nerwen, not any of the people who had been discussing him. Boro, was there nothing in anyone's words - Rune's, Pitch's, mine, Zil's, we all commented on you or people's reactions to you - that was more worthy of a vote than 'she would make a dangerous wolf'?

No, you don't understand. Nerwen is terrifying.

I kid, of course. Nerwen is a bright soul and we love her.

Seriously though, Nerwen is terrifying.

x'd with the lady herself
Old 12-31-2017, 10:20 AM   #80
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
No, you don't understand. Nerwen is terrifying.

I kid, of course. Nerwen is a bright soul and we love her.

Seriously though, Nerwen is terrifying.

x'd with the lady herself
Hey.